Author Topic: [IC] ORI 87 by ORI.CLUB // CUSTOM GASKET // PROTOTYPE V3 ARRIVED!!  (Read 111792 times)

Offline logo4poop

• Talk to me on discord @logoooo
Re: [IC] ORI 87 by ORI.CLUB | GASKET | update image prototype !
« Reply #250 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 09:54:54 »
Dam what a **** show this has become. I read the other GB thread, is that other OP the same as this OP? It's such a nice design, I'm sad to see it go like this...
Yes, I am sad too because of how such a good design it is. Maybe OP will surprise us and actually ship, its hard to say though.
LCK75 so lit

Offline BruceDinh

• Explorer | Artist | Petrolhead
    • ORI CLUB
« Reply #251 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 10:01:12 »

Let's see.

• Period of no contact for around 2 years
  • Coming back as a completely new profile and hiding the only explanation in a show more section tucked in between a few things
  • K3KC as a photographer

These kinds of things really don't instill confidence. Even if this is as you're explaining, and maybe you aren't at fault, shouldn't you have come back and explained that in the 60s thread here? Maybe not just leave people hanging after randomly popping into a thread that you abandoned 2 separate times?

Plus, last time you blamed delays on low order numbers and a negative paypal balance. Won't both of those be a problem here considering you're ordering 10-15 units, and have already said something about a negative paypal balance?
[/quote]

I like I said, I am the designer for MAB. And I did not decide the finances for the past, all I covered for the MAB team at that time was completely brotherly relationship. But it is clear that my beliefs have been misplaced.
As I said at the beginning of the IC, I met and convinced Loka Space (the manufacturer I was working with) to give me the privilege to produce small quantities. This can be witnessed in the local community, where Loka Space has just assured me.
 Because of that, I was able to make 3 prototypes so fast, you can check the number of days I open the IC and change the design.

In the end, I didn't really understand the "K3KC" paragraph. I don't understand if I have anything to do with K3KC, as far as I know, k3kc has been a brand for a long time to clone artisan, but at this time it is not clear whether it will work or not.

Offline CrazyAssMonkey

« Reply #252 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 10:03:58 »
Dam what a **** show this has become. I read the other GB thread, is that other OP the same as this OP? It's such a nice design, I'm sad to see it go like this...
Yes, I am sad too because of how such a good design it is. Maybe OP will surprise us and actually ship, its hard to say though.

Yeah but I feel like OP has been putting way too much effort for this to be a scam. Unless its something I'm missing, but isn't this heading for a third or fourth prototype? Plus its a 10-15 group buy run, I really don't see the potential for much profit if this were a scam, what would be the point? I could be blind to something but spending so much time and effort prototyping and redesigning for a 10 spot scam seems counterproductive...

Offline logo4poop

« Reply #253 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 10:04:58 »

Let's see.

• Coming back as a completely new profile and hiding the only explanation in a show more section tucked in between a few things
  • K3KC as a photographer

These kinds of things really don't instill confidence. Even if this is as you're explaining, and maybe you aren't at fault, shouldn't you have come back and explained that in the 60s thread here? Maybe not just leave people hanging after randomly popping into a thread that you abandoned 2 separate times?

Plus, last time you blamed delays on low order numbers and a negative paypal balance. Won't both of those be a problem here considering you're ordering 10-15 units, and have already said something about a negative paypal balance?

I like I said, I am the designer for MAB. And I did not decide the finances for the past, all I covered for the MAB team at that time was completely brotherly relationship. But it is clear that my beliefs have been misplaced.
As I said at the beginning of the IC, I met and convinced Loka Space (the manufacturer I was working with) to give me the privilege to produce small quantities. This can be witnessed in the local community, where Loka Space has just assured me.
 Because of that, I was able to make 3 prototypes so fast, you can check the number of days I open the IC and change the design.

In the end, I didn't really understand the "K3KC" paragraph. I don't understand if I have anything to do with K3KC, as far as I know, k3kc has been a brand for a long time to clone artisan, but at this time it is not clear whether it will work or not.
[/quote]
Could you do something in stock maybe? So people can chargeback if you don't ship at least.
LCK75 so lit

Offline logo4poop

« Reply #254 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 10:05:39 »

Yeah but I feel like OP has been putting way too much effort for this to be a scam. Unless its something I'm missing, but isn't this heading for a third or fourth prototype? Plus its a 10-15 group buy run, I really don't see the potential for much profit if this were a scam, what would be the point? I could be blind to something but spending so much time and effort prototyping and redesigning for a 10 spot scam seems counterproductive...
Even if this isn't a scam, we should not support him for his past actions.
LCK75 so lit

Offline BruceDinh

• ORI CLUB
« Reply #255 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 10:06:10 »

My actions are not lying, if I want to scam or not serious about this. I didn't spend a lot of prototype making even after finishing the prototype I was waiting for the PCB and waiting for the soundtest video.

Offline BruceDinh

• ORI CLUB
« Reply #256 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 10:07:12 »

Let's see.

• K3KC as a photographer

Could you do something in stock maybe? So people can chargeback if you don't ship at least.
[/quote]

If i making stock, i just can make about ~ 5 board. And they are extremely expensive.

Offline logo4poop

« Reply #257 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 10:07:56 »

Let's see.

• K3KC as a photographer

If i making stock, i just can make about ~ 5 board. And they are extremely expensive.
[/quote]
Contact a vendor like novelkeys and work with them to produce the board then.
LCK75 so lit

Offline BruceDinh

• ORI CLUB
« Reply #258 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 10:09:30 »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CAkH_B3AcbE/

Take a look at my prototype. With the way of making wire edm to get this logo, the price for TOP plate is extremely expensive and if there are only 5 boards, my sponsor has no way for me to do that. Because I promise there will be at least 10 boards when I open gb.

Offline logo4poop

« Reply #259 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 10:10:58 »

Take a look at my prototype. With the way of making wire edm to get this logo, the price for TOP plate is extremely expensive and if there are only 5 boards, my sponsor has no way for me to do that. Because I promise there will be at least 10 boards when I open gb.
You did not respond to what I said, could you work with a trusted vendor and not have any part with handling money or work with the manufacturer.
LCK75 so lit

Offline BruceDinh

• ORI CLUB
« Reply #260 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 10:12:29 »

You did not respond to what I said, could you work with a trusted vendor and not have any part with handling money or work with the manufacturer.

Of course it is, obviously being sponsored by a vendor is terrific. But who? Who wants to do with someone who is in position like me?

Offline logo4poop

« Reply #261 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 10:14:28 »

Of course it is, obviously being sponsored by a vendor is terrific. But who? Who wants to do with someone who is in position like me?
If a vendor doesn't want to work with you, I think you have a serious problem. Just sell the design to them and have no involvement if you can't find a trustworthy vendor.
LCK75 so lit

Offline BruceDinh

• ORI CLUB
« Reply #262 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 10:16:14 »
Sell design?
You've never designed anything with all your enthusiasm, have you?

Offline logo4poop

« Reply #263 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 10:17:01 »
Sell design?
You've never designed anything with all your enthusiasm, have you?
I have, and know people who have sold designs to vendors.
LCK75 so lit

Offline BruceDinh

• ORI CLUB
« Reply #264 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 10:23:38 »
I won't answer you again, because the focus of this conversation is one thing. You want me to end, and you want me to take responsibility for what I don't do.
You argue here not because of the keyboard, nor because of everyone. You are here because you believe you are justice, and those you consider to have every sin must pay for your ego.
The ORI design is mine, and will be owned by me from start to finish. Even if it's this hard. I've put all my effort into doing everything I can.
I won't say anything more about drama, and just update here about prototypes.
In the end, when everything was done. Money is in everyone's hands, and it's up to everyone to decide whether or not to buy it.

Offline logo4poop

« Reply #265 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 10:24:35 »
I won't answer you again, because the focus of this conversation is one thing. You want me to end, and you want me to take responsibility for what I don't do.
You argue here not because of the keyboard, nor because of everyone. You are here because you believe you are justice, and those you consider to have every sin must pay for your ego.
The ORI design is mine, and will be owned by me from start to finish. Even if it's this hard. I've put all my effort into doing everything I can.
In the end, when everything was done. Money is in everyone's hands, and it's up to everyone to decide whether or not to buy it.
So you are ghosting and will not help anyone if they have issues. Nice.
LCK75 so lit

Offline Rexcramer

« Reply #266 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 10:31:21 »

What issues are there to be discussed? At this point it's up to him to get a vendor to reassure the people who have doubts or do it himself and risk losing those people. He outlined his role in the 60S debacle and u have outlined ur view. Now it is up to the customer to look at the evidence and decide wether they want to take a chance on this board.

Offline kimwonsik

« Reply #267 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 10:35:04 »
저 병신같은 무게추는 뭐여

Offline keyberzerker

« Reply #268 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 10:35:33 »

You should be ghosted with your attitude and only blowing the hot air wanting the room to explode.

It's not if you are right or wrong or what you say makes or does not make sense it is just your extreme toxic attitude.

Also, you are known in the community to stir **** up so yeah again should have been ghosted from first post.

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #269 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 10:37:58 »

You should be ghosted with your attitude and only blowing the hot air wanting the room to explode.

It's not if you are right or wrong or what you say makes or does not make sense it is just your extreme toxic attitude.

Also, you are known in the community to stir **** up so yeah again should have been ghosted from first post.

**** stirring or not, radomly coming back to the forums with a new username after 2 years and posting a new board to buy, kinda sus. Whatever opinion you have on logo, it's still fair to warn potential buyers here.

Offline Rexcramer

« Reply #270 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 10:46:18 »

**** stirring or not, radomly coming back to the forums with a new username after 2 years and posting a new board to buy, kinda sus. Whatever opinion you have on logo, it's still fair to warn potential buyers here.

How about presenting evidence and educating people in a respectful manner. I for one still don't see how he benefited from the 60S failing or how he was responsible for it. Putting out a huge red text when all you have is an old GH thread and some hearsay info is not how you tackle such an issue.

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #271 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 10:54:06 »

How about presenting evidence and educating people in a respectful manner. I for one still don't see how he benefited from the 60S failing or how he was responsible for it. Putting out a huge red text when all you have is an old GH thread and some hearsay info is not how you tackle such an issue.

That GH thread should be all you need to be extremely weary here honestly.

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #272 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 10:56:02 »
저 병신같은 무게추는 뭐여

Well said my man, well said
lmao

Offline logo4poop

« Reply #273 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 11:05:46 »

I have no idea who you are, but don't most people stir up **** lol.
LCK75 so lit

Offline Rexcramer

« Reply #274 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 11:06:22 »

I am weary but I currently see a guy who quit a project he was working on and failed to communicate his departure with the people that were relying on him. As bad as that is, the facts presented to not indicate it was his fault the GB actually failed or that he scammed people. It seems to me that he just fled a sinking ship and forgot to inform the passengers.

Offline logo4poop

« Reply #275 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 11:08:23 »

I am weary but I currently see a guy who quit a project he was working on and failed to communicate his departure with the people that were relying on him. As bad as that is, the facts presented to not indicate it was his fault the GB actually failed or that he scammed people. It seems to me that he just fled a sinking ship and forgot to inform the passengers.
Typically you don't forget about fleeing a ship for two years after it happened.
LCK75 so lit

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #276 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 11:10:49 »

So you're ready to accept one persons word with no evidence, but not another's? As far as I'm concerned I have no way of determining if this guy truly had nothing to do with the failings in the last buy. All I know is he was the only contact, and he ghosted people in a buy, then showed up 2 years later with a "sorry, also here's a new board to buy".

Offline CrazyAssMonkey

« Reply #277 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 11:14:07 »
I noticed some people mentioned it but isn't kind off a stretch to associate the logo of the keeb with the rising sun logo? They really don't look alike I had to look up the sun logo again because the keeb didn't look like what I remembered the rising sun logo looked like. Plus did anyone bring it up when he first announced the logo change? I feel like now that his past was brought up people are just jumping in all kinds of station wagons.

Offline logo4poop

« Reply #278 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 11:15:09 »
I noticed some people mentioned it but isn't kind off a stretch to associate the logo of the keeb with the rising sun logo? They really don't look alike I had to look up the sun logo again because the keeb didn't look like what I remembered the rising sun logo looked like. Plus did anyone bring it up when he first announced the logo change? I feel like now that his past was brought up people are just jumping in all kinds of station wagons.
I don't think its intentional, just a bad move.
LCK75 so lit

Offline keyberzerker

« Reply #279 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 11:19:06 »

+1

Offline logo4poop

« Reply #280 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 11:22:05 »

+1
I actually agree with you lol
LCK75 so lit

Offline Rexcramer

« Reply #281 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 11:27:40 »

So you're ready to accept one persons word with no evidence, but not another's? As far as I'm concerned I have no way of determining if this guy truly had nothing to do with the failings in the last buy. All I know is he was the only contact, and he ghosted people in a buy, then showed up 2 years later with a "sorry, also here's a new board to buy".

Honestly since I don't have anything to go by for the 60S situation I mainly look at this IC. He has put alot of energy into delivering promising prototypes and if the soundtest and final design holds up to those standards I will prioritize that over some hearsay.

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #282 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 11:30:04 »

Honestly since I don't have anything to go by for the 60S situation I mainly look at this IC. He has put alot of energy into delivering promising prototypes and if the soundtest and final design holds up to those standards I will prioritize that over some hearsay.

That previous thread definitely isn't heresay, but If he delivers, and people are willing to take the risk, go for it.

Offline CrazyAssMonkey

« Reply #283 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 11:32:31 »

+1
I actually agree with you lol

Ahh no I wasn't pointing fingers at you or anyone, it just annoyed me that people were using this unrest to stir up unnecessary comparisons that have no place and are just wrong in my opinion. OP definitely was part of a shady situation, but we should let potential customers make their decision based on what they see. To honor that sentiment I'll leave it at that, I'm not joining this group buy since there is only one TKL I'm really interested in but I definitely hope all this works out and people who like this design and want to join get one.

Offline senryo

• Problems are challenges.
    • Thic Thock

Offline logo4poop

« Reply #285 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 12:00:40 »
By the way, everyone here who is defending them is on the Ori discord talking to the creator. They are all connected lol. I got banned after I said Hi All. Oh well
LCK75 so lit

Offline lys.nordique

• Formerly 'scatology'
« Reply #286 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 12:19:38 »
Wow, I don't understand what is happening, the last time I read this thread, everyone was stoked about the prototypes. lol

Offline logo4poop

« Reply #287 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 12:33:48 »
Wow, I don't understand what is happening, the last time I read this thread, everyone was stoked about the prototypes. lol
He is a past scam artist, his intentions might not be to scam. But who knows if it will ship.
LCK75 so lit

Offline pinkgreenlife

« Reply #288 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 13:59:24 »
even if he isn't a scammer, why would anyone buy a board with practically a huge nazi sign on the bottom part of the case?

Offline !Q

« Reply #289 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 14:46:51 »
what are you even saying? it's not the imperial japan flag. it's just... their current flag...

Offline logo4poop

« Reply #290 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 14:49:26 »
even if he isn't a scammer, why would anyone buy a board with practically a huge nazi sign on the bottom part of the case?
I would like to know if it was intentional or not.
what are you even saying? it's not the imperial japan flag. it's just... their current flag...
Their current flag doesn't have lines beaming through it lol. I don't know much about the topic though.
LCK75 so lit

Offline CrazyAssMonkey

« Reply #291 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 15:16:11 »

Man comparing it to a nazi sign is mighty long bridge. I can understand where you might believe it looks like the Imperial Flag but it's still a stretch. Are we just going to start calling every circle with lines a symbol on the level of the nazi swastika? It's nonsensical because that weight doesn't really look like it.

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #292 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 17:57:42 »
Their current flag doesn't have lines beaming through it lol. I don't know much about the topic though.

"Nazi symbol" lmao.
It's the current japanese navy forces flag.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_Maritime_Self-Defense_Force

But imho the logo that is on the bottom weigth isn't even close to it...  :confused:
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 May 2020, 18:00:19 by elmo »

Offline logo4poop

« Reply #293 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 19:19:21 »

"Nazi symbol" lmao.
It's the current japanese navy forces flag.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_Maritime_Self-Defense_Force

But imho the logo that is on the bottom weigth isn't even close to it...  :confused:
Yeah, I don't really know about it.
LCK75 so lit

Offline cemoon

« Reply #294 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 20:03:27 »
you should shut the **** up.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #295 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 20:04:34 »
By the way, everyone here who is defending them is on the Ori discord talking to the creator. They are all connected lol. I got banned after I said Hi All. Oh well

Lol. I'm on his discord talking to him. Time to quit your conspiracy theory ****. I mean all of it is probably true, but your turning into a massive drama queen. Is it that shocking that people who are defending him are also wanting to buy his keyboard and on his discord (which was started during this IC)? Good lord. And of course you'd be blocked. I doubt you'd last 5 minutes before bringing up this ad nauseam again.
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 May 2020, 20:12:41 by Zeelobby »

Offline logo4poop

« Reply #296 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 20:30:59 »

Lol. I'm on his discord talking to him. Time to quit your conspiracy theory ****. I mean all of it is probably true, but your turning into a massive drama queen. Is it that shocking that people who are defending him are also wanting to buy his keyboard and on his discord (which was started during this IC)? Good lord. And of course you'd be blocked. I doubt you'd last 5 minutes before bringing up this ad nauseam again.
I'm getting most of my information from friends, I am tired of this and am only going to respond to questions others asked. I hope someone in the vietnam community who has worked with him can respond. I didn't really want this to be debated. Heck, I only posted it because someone told me to. I just wanted to tell people to not support this guy. I hope he ships to his customers, and we can trust him for future buys. I just don't think he can be trusted, and he is open about disliking his local community. Their community doesn't like him, and I think there is a reason for that. Please PM me on geekhack or discord if you want to talk more.
LCK75 so lit

Offline stevenT

« Reply #297 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 21:01:53 »
Just curious but I thought the designer simply gives the permission to vendors to do gb(collecting money from buyers and send it to manufacture), like keycaps gb, without permission from Olivia for example, we wouldn't have GMK olivia++, so it is not like selling one's design, right?

Offline CrazyAssMonkey

« Reply #298 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 21:02:45 »
Okay lets leave it at that, fighting is going nowhere.  :thumb:

I hope OP gets a chance to prove us all wrong, and if he does well then... :D

I'm sure any potential buyers can read through this IC and come to a conclusion on how they feel about this and thus decide.

Offline LordOwen

« Reply #299 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 21:07:21 »
Just curious but I thought the designer simply gives the permission to vendors to do gb(collecting money from buyers and send it to manufacture), like keycaps gb, without permission from Olivia for example, we wouldn't have GMK olivia++, so it is not like selling one's design, right?

Yeah, as I understand it, working with a vendor is more about money collection and sorting distribution costs to different regions, not actually selling someone's design or other form of intellectual property. GMK still produces GB GMK sets, no matter if it's Cannon Keys or zFrontier collecting the funds.