Author Topic: Please Help!!! Parody Ad: Intel on The Mac ... any links?  (Read 1697 times)

Offline korrelate

• iubeo stultum esse libenter
Please Help!!! Parody Ad: Intel on The Mac ... any links?
« on: Mon, 24 May 2021, 19:39:02 »
Hey GHers,

I need some help: I've been googling for a satire of an old Intel ad that intel was using to trumpet their partnership with apple back when apple first made the switch from PowerPC to Intel.

The original ad:

NOTE: This is NOT an apple fan boy thing. This is NOT a MS nor an INTEL fanboy thing. This is a fan of funny videos thing and for whatever reason, this ad just always gets a chuckle out of me.

The parody/spoof/satire ad is 99% the same as the above and differs only in the last 1 or 2 seconds. In the satire version, the narrator (Kiefer Sutherland) does NOT complete the phrase "Imagine the Possibilities." Instead, he only makes it to "Imagine the P.." and then the sound of windows BSOD error takes place, the mac crashes and hilarity ensues.

The comments section in the link to the ad provided above really do help locate the time/era of the ad: 2006 macworld expo, so the satire would have been created sometime after that, but I'm pretty certain that it was created before 2015.
Too, the actual name of the ad (as far as the intel marketing team is concerned was "Factory" ... as per the link below):

http://www.postkiwi.com/2006/apple-intel-factory/

This has to be one of my absolute favorite parody ads of all time. If you have a link, a copy, anything, please post it and/or get in touch with me.

Also, I've tried google, youtube, DDG and the wayback machine with no luck. Hopefully this is easier for you than it is for me. I'm still gonna be looking, but I wouldn't mind it at all if anybody found this before me.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!! One of the best spoofs ever (IMHO).

Cheers,

K.

« Last Edit: Mon, 24 May 2021, 19:48:54 by korrelate »

Topre REALFORCE

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

• buck buck, cluck cluck, squawk squawk
Re: Please Help!!! Parody Ad: Intel on The Mac ... any links?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 24 May 2021, 21:39:28 »
As an apple fanboy, I endorse support to find this ad

Offline Kavik

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 24 May 2021, 23:21:45 »
I tried to find it on Youtube with no luck. Did you see it on Youtube, or was it on a different website? Youtube was still rather young in 2006 (less than a year old), so it's possible it was on something else, like Ebaumsworld.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline korrelate

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 25 May 2021, 17:40:56 »
kavik,

I can’t remember the first time I watched it but it probably would have been sometime around 2011-2012 ish. High probability that my first encounter with it was on youtube although it might have seen sometime during the one or two months that I used facebook ( same time frame). If it wasn’t YT or FB then I really doubt it would have been something esoteric b.c. I’ve never really gone out of my to search for stuff like this.

BTW... this is one of the best windows ads ever (it’s in korean with subtitles but the talent scout’s voice f****in kills me):

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QG-ORLkMiyY

actually... i take that back... no subtitles... but really... none are needed.
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 May 2021, 17:42:44 by korrelate »

Topre REALFORCE

Offline korrelate

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 25 May 2021, 17:57:23 »
IDK, i think it’s Korean - my wife is asian and she confirmed my hunch but that’s just AFAIK.

Is it just me though? I think this is one of the funniest tech ads ever.

Topre REALFORCE

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

• buck buck, cluck cluck, squawk squawk
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 25 May 2021, 18:27:24 »
kavik,

I can’t remember the first time I watched it but it probably would have been sometime around 2011-2012 ish. High probability that my first encounter with it was on youtube although it might have seen sometime during the one or two months that I used facebook ( same time frame). If it wasn’t YT or FB then I really doubt it would have been something esoteric b.c. I’ve never really gone out of my to search for stuff like this.

BTW... this is one of the best windows ads ever (it’s in korean with subtitles but the talent scout’s voice f****in kills me):

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QG-ORLkMiyY

actually... i take that back... no subtitles... but really... none are needed.
this is very funny, thank you for this

Offline korrelate

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 15 June 2021, 21:36:07 »
IDK, i think it’s Korean - my wife is asian and she confirmed my hunch but that’s just AFAIK.

Is it just me though? I think this is one of the funniest tech ads ever.

Color me puzzled: I showed this to a Korean acquaintance and they told me it is NOT Korean.

Topre REALFORCE