Author Topic: [MASSDROP] [IC] A PCB groupbuy?  (Read 2208 times)

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
[MASSDROP] [IC] A PCB groupbuy?
« on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 07:32:36 »
I've started a poll on Massdrop for different PCBs (Massdrop poll link if anyone is interested), but I'm wondering how realistic a PCB group buy would be given their customizability and the limited manufacturing capacity of some vendors. The idea I had was that, if we got enough votes, either everyone would buy the PCB with default settings, or we would choose one or two customizable options, then keep everything else as default. Does this sound at all realistic to people?

« Last Edit: Tue, 07 July 2015, 08:09:25 by trenzafeeds »
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: [IC] A PCB groupbuy?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 07:37:30 »
Three things:

1) Welcome to geekhack!! :D

2) PCB Groupbuys are definitely possible and have happened before. I think usually everyone agrees upon an existing PCB to do another run or create *one* PCB and make that one. Think Ergodox or Infinity. Yes those has cases but they also had PCBs.

3) It's usually good form to post the Massdrop posts in guest link form. Not everyone has a Massdrop account yet or can access it readily.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
Re: [IC] A PCB groupbuy?
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 08:06:48 »
Three things:

1) Welcome to geekhack!! :D

2) PCB Groupbuys are definitely possible and have happened before. I think usually everyone agrees upon an existing PCB to do another run or create *one* PCB and make that one. Think Ergodox or Infinity. Yes those has cases but they also had PCBs.

3) It's usually good form to post the Massdrop posts in guest link form. Not everyone has a Massdrop account yet or can access it readily.

Awesome, thanks! I was fairly sure I'd do a couple things wrong the first time, so it's nice to get that out of the way. It seems like the guest link doesn't work with polls unfortunately according to the mod edit that I got. 
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.