Author Topic: Marijuana, It's probably Fine..  (Read 47611 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Marijuana, It's probably Fine..
« on: Sun, 21 October 2018, 14:30:41 »
205900-0

If we look at the dopamine curve generated by THC..

it's not significantly different Peak+Duration vs Alcohol ~200% /Coffee ~200% /Nicotine ~200% /Secs ~200%

So, overall... Not system-breakers like Cocaine 350%-800%,  Meth 1000-1400%++

It's definitely addicting when the lifestyle allows for it to be consumed in persistent quantities, but again, not different from alcohol/ coffee/ cigarettes..

Lower average income seems to be the only drawback,  but, we've always been aware that on average young people who drink/party/smoke have a reduced life-outlook.

Pretty straight forward, if you get high, you're not going to be good AT WURK..

205898-1

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
Re: Marijuana, It's probably Fine..
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 21 October 2018, 15:01:20 »
Maybe you are the drug dealer after all? The plot thickens.
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 21 October 2018, 15:03:01 »

Hahahahahahahhaahahhaa....

No, Tp4 straight..  only eats rice and watermelon..

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 21 October 2018, 15:10:54 »

I thicken plot with starch

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 21 October 2018, 16:40:51 »

I thicken plot with starch
starch = THICC
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 21 October 2018, 17:04:20 »
I strongly believe tp would greatly benefit from a 5g mushroom experience in total dark and silence. It would help open your eyes a little, gain empathy, and be more in-tune rather than hiding away frightened.

Weed is a demotivator, it might just make you depressed.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 22 October 2018, 05:58:08 »
TP4 stay away from the devils lettuce.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 22 October 2018, 06:27:44 »
What's the bottom scale of that graph, number of days or times you smoked?  If so I'm impressed anyone put themself other than <100 ("I didn't/don't smoke often") and 400+ ("I smoke(d) a lot")

Looks like I'm in the top 2% of former smokers, I wonder what I could have achieved and how much happier I might be today if I had had better luck and avoided it.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 22 October 2018, 09:30:57 »
What's the bottom scale of that graph, number of days or times you smoked?  If so I'm impressed anyone put themself other than <100 ("I didn't/don't smoke often") and 400+ ("I smoke(d) a lot")

Looks like I'm in the top 2% of former smokers, I wonder what I could have achieved and how much happier I might be today if I had had better luck and avoided it.

Total Usage between ages 14-21

Never used
1-99 times total               (less than 1x per month between ages 14-21)
100-199 times total etc..  (less than 2x per month between ages 14-21)

So it's separating casual / chronic users  , spread across the Period ages being studied

The 400+ people are the chronics,   and to the left are the decreasing frequency...

It just simply illustrates that more use = less overall earning.

An important take-away is also that,  EVEN once per month has a non-trivial impact.

The marijuana is not a direct cause.. but, the trend is pretty clear.. You have to choose a team here, 1 team is clearly better.. hahahaha

Honestly..  It's weird that society has to have this discussion ALL OVER AGAIN, i mean we just BARELY finished kickn' off cigarettes..   And now we've relapsed into marijuana.. hahahaha..

Is there a difference in harm yes,   but the psychoactive dampening is equivalent,   so well, big pharma and marlboro is gonna have a field day..

Best call your hedgefund managers... you know what to do.. !!

Offline duckboi

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 22 October 2018, 09:47:57 »
I refuse to believe that tp4 makes these threads while NOT on marijuana  :))
The m0ar empty you feel,  the m0ar space for Keycaps..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 22 October 2018, 09:49:18 »

Tp4 straight.. only eats Rice + Watermelon.. !!!

Marijuana is here to stay, they can't take it away now, we'd have too many riots.. and not enough cops..

Opium for the Masses....  hahahaha

Sigh...  This is going to hit the poorer-peeps quite badly though..  Still better than obesity ,  if anything marijuana should counter obesity to some extent, as they divert funds from junk-food to drugs..

Taken all together,  it's a huge impediment to   buying a book and having time to read it..

So..

I keep wondering if this is a Republican plot to protract american low-income classes in generating blue collar labor,  instead of relying on import labor..

Hahahhaahahha

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 22 October 2018, 15:56:04 »

well at least he made that graph while he was on something

Offline Carcharocles

• Location: In the lonely, desolate wasteland of South Kansas City
    • The Deathscape Mythos
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 22 October 2018, 16:48:41 »
I keep wondering if this is a Republican plot to protract american low-income classes in generating blue collar labor,  instead of relying on import labor.
[/color][/size]

That would make sense if it wasn't the Republican party that was busy painting weed as worse than opiates and crack. The states that have passed legal marijuana laws so far have done so largely with support from Democrats and independents.

On the addiction point, practically anything that causes a dopamine spike (in other words, is pleasurable) can be addictive. There are two types of addiction--addiction to due disturbed psyche (you feel your life sucks and you have a lot of demons, and then something that is SO GOOD enters your life and you get sucked into it and can't break free) and the more clinical dependence/risk-taking/decreasing reward addiction (typically seen with substances like booze, cigarettes, cocaine, heroine--stuff that not only makes you feel good, but substantially alters your body in a way that it needs the substance to behave normally. Like a crack addict crashing when not high, or a heroine addict's nervous system activity spiking when sober and wreaking havoc on their body).

Sadly, both types tend to be found in individuals with a history of mental illness, who are prone to self medicating. This is where drugs in particular get REALLY nasty, as even mental illnesses without a substantial risk of increased violence can be affected by addiction in such a way that violence is far more likely. That said, that's not too substantially different from individuals who aren't mentally ill on the same drugs. It's just that it's far more visible in the mentally ill, because it can make them do really freaky, disturbing things rather than purely being more aggressive.

For the record, I'm for legalizing weed, but I personally won't use it. There's no real argument against using weed that you can't use against alcohol or cigarettes. Even the "it won't get rid of dealers" argument is bunk, because when prohibition was repealed people still continued to make moonshine and try to sell/drink denatured alcohol. In fact, name any business that is regulated and you will find someone performing it without the right qualifications/license and hurting people. The big difference is that with weed legal, there will be a safer alternative.
T1000 , Firmware ver. Doge.

Most deadly of them all.
Keyboards: Drevo Gramr (Outemu Browns); Logitech K480

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 22 October 2018, 17:05:56 »
I can say for absolute fact that it drastically hurts street dealers who move only marijuana. In fact many dealers simply buy from the weed store then repackage it as something else with a markup, or at least they did for a while until business totally dies out. The only non-legal marijuana only dealers that still operate do personal delivery, it is the only thing keeping that industry alive right now. Once legalization is nation-wide they will cease to exist completely as there will be nothing they can offer over a legal storefront with a delivery service.

The only real danger is losing that customer base and income source forces most dealers to turn to heavier regulated substances like meth and heroine. Although the proof is in the decades of pudding served up by countries with decriminalization, as every single one of them have drastically lower addiction rates of the harder substances.

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 23 October 2018, 09:51:38 »
 It's almost like the graph shows that people who clearly have a undermining relationship with rules/laws, don't really care about submission to the machine status quo?

I'm not against it or legalization, but I'm not for chronic use.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 23 October 2018, 18:55:46 »
It's almost like the graph shows that people who clearly have a undermining relationship with rules/laws, don't really care about submission to the machine status quo?

A small part sure.. But, marijuana and lethargy goes hand in hand.. it comes with the territory..

Offline ThoughtArtist

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 23 October 2018, 20:38:51 »

Yes. Tobacco is from satan

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 23 October 2018, 21:31:19 »

Yes. Tobacco is from satan

All marijuana enthusiasts understand the analogy where smoking cigarettes is the same as putting one's mouth up to a car's exhaust pipe.

And yet,  when it comes to their own combustion smoke ,  suddenly, they think it cures cancer..

It's a good thing vap is fixing this along with edibles.

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 24 October 2018, 09:33:16 »
They're making weed available on the NHS starting in November it'll be interesting to see what happens. The Irish government have been making rumblings that they might do a referendum on legalising it for medicinal purposes for the last couple of years. It makes sense of cancer patients, people with siezures, arthritis sufferers etc. Maybe if they prevent doctors prescribing it to every patient that walks through the door it'll stop the place getting flooded with cheap and available weed because a lot of Irish people aren't that good with moderation.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 24 October 2018, 11:50:38 »
They're making weed available on the NHS starting in November it'll be interesting to see what happens. The Irish government have been making rumblings that they might do a referendum on legalising it for medicinal purposes for the last couple of years. It makes sense of cancer patients, people with siezures, arthritis sufferers etc. Maybe if they prevent doctors prescribing it to every patient that walks through the door it'll stop the place getting flooded with cheap and available weed because a lot of Irish people aren't that good with moderation.

There is a mistaken belief that one can pick things up and put them down,  that somehow some-people are immune to addiction..

That is ridiculous, while exceptions exist,  the vast majority of all people of all race haves the SAME hedonic pathway and system, they are equally likely to become addicts..

Addiction is no worse for the irish.. 

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 24 October 2018, 15:46:38 »
Huge difference between mental/emotional and physical/body addiction. Night and day in every way.

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 25 October 2018, 09:35:44 »

A small part sure.. But, marijuana and lethargy goes hand in hand.. it comes with the territory..

Consumption is generally not measured to the degree other things are; think of when one might get too much caffeine. Or even when drinking alcohol, at the "buzz" point you're certainly able to use most if not all of your motorskills (do not ****ing drive.).

I definitely think it there is an overkill threshold that people meet more so than general lethargy(though there is to a degree no matter what); I know plenty of people who like to exercise/art/clean while stoned. I still side with that lethargic people are going to be lethargic. Most of my opinions are going to be blame the user in any case, instead of the object.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 25 October 2018, 12:48:12 »

Consumption is generally not measured to the degree other things are; think of when one might get too much caffeine. Or even when drinking alcohol, at the "buzz" point you're certainly able to use most if not all of your motorskills (do not ****ing drive.).

I definitely think it there is an overkill threshold that people meet more so than general lethargy(though there is to a degree no matter what); I know plenty of people who like to exercise/art/clean while stoned. I still side with that lethargic people are going to be lethargic. Most of my opinions are going to be blame the user in any case, instead of the object.

Well, ur looking for those exceptions to support an argument,  when there IS NO argument.

The statistics are already there, more smoke = do less..

The only drugs that have proven to boost general productivity is Controlled release Methylphenidate (Ritalin) and Amphetamines (Adderall)..  All of them designed to give a sustained high, by squeezing dopamine re-uptake..

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 25 October 2018, 18:49:48 »
There is no argument; like you say. I'm only conversing.

Where are these statistics from? It's not noted on your graph. Not necessarily calling bs; but wouldn't you say in any case exceptions, or outliers modify mean results in anything?

My points are these; lazy people are lazy on anything and that people who disobey or are loose with laws and regs, are generally not going to submit to the neurotypical mindset status quo of paper chasing.

Ritalin etc, are for that exact purpose. To submit people into that general mindset. Hence, why lots of non-adhd persons desire it.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 25 October 2018, 19:06:47 »
Where are these statistics from? It's not noted on your graph.

pretty sure tp made that graph himself in Excel or something

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #25 on: Fri, 26 October 2018, 07:06:44 »
TP4 likes to discuss drugs. I doubt he has ever tried them though, it might change his perspective.

I've only used the devils lettuce in my early twenties - never had the desire to try anything else.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 26 October 2018, 09:31:58 »
TP4 likes to discuss drugs. I doubt he has ever tried them though, it might change his perspective.

I've only used the devils lettuce in my early twenties - never had the desire to try anything else.

You wound me sir.. !!

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #27 on: Fri, 26 October 2018, 10:06:58 »

Must be the mystery behind the veil. I feel like psychedelics would go hand in hand with his vegan tendies

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #28 on: Fri, 26 October 2018, 11:46:52 »

You wound me sir.. !!

Show Image

I am sorry TP4, that was not my intention.

Must be the mystery behind the veil. I feel like psychedelics would go hand in hand with his vegan tendies
Normally I'd say definitely. But he doesn't seem like that type to me. :D Has an apartment/a house full of computers and servers and whatnot. Not to mention all his other electrical toys he keeps talking about having purchased. :D Just doesn't seem like the hippie type.

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #29 on: Fri, 26 October 2018, 12:09:13 »
hahaha, right.

Though I don't think it's a prerequisite just a stereotype. Isn't microdosing lsd/shrooms a pretty silicon valley thing?

There you go TP, there's your excuse; to think more creatively about your problem solving. Maybe then you can get behind the smoke = less monies problem.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #30 on: Fri, 26 October 2018, 12:14:26 »
hahaha, right.

Though I don't think it's a prerequisite just a stereotype. Isn't microdosing lsd/shrooms a pretty silicon valley thing?

There you go TP, there's your excuse; to think more creatively about your problem solving. Maybe then you can get behind the smoke = less monies problem.
Definitely a stereotype. :D

I didn't know that was a silicon valley thing, man those nerds know how to party.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 26 October 2018, 12:16:37 »
hahaha, right.

I didn't know that was a silicon valley thing, man those nerds know how to party.

I tried watching that show.. got through 3 episodes,  but the portrayal felt a little distasteful..

Not sure if it was the acting or the script..

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #32 on: Fri, 26 October 2018, 12:26:21 »
hahaha, right.

I tried watching that show.. got through 3 episodes,  but the portrayal felt a little distasteful..

Not sure if it was the acting or the script..

I enjoyed the show, it made me cringe and frustrated at times however; but I think the frustration and cringiness is deliberate.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #33 on: Fri, 26 October 2018, 15:34:55 »
haven't tried it but have heard microdosing psilocybin can do great things for both atrophied mind/bored brain and depression.

In fact that is the next push after marijuana legalization, since there are obvious benefits to psilocybin. Already proven through many elder case studies showing it can stave off dementia and increase brain plasticity in older people. It's the next big thing.

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #34 on: Sat, 27 October 2018, 20:47:16 »
Just take a heroic dose of shrooms or blast off into hyperspace, instant cure for depression lol.

Although alot of that has to do with mindset going in as well as proper handling of the setting etc.

Really interested in seeing a world where that that kind of stuff is ubiquitous with mental healthcare, since it can cause a large degree of openness and acceptance generally.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #35 on: Sat, 27 October 2018, 21:26:39 »
Tp4 just watched a few episodes of Cowboy Bebop..

Now Tp4 really wants to smoke cigarettes..

Offline JP

« Reply #36 on: Mon, 06 July 2020, 14:27:47 »
Yes, it's really cool!

Cigarettes, Cowboy Bebop, or both?
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #37 on: Sat, 11 July 2020, 04:59:02 »
Yes, it's really cool!

Cigarettes, Cowboy Bebop, or both?

I think it's time we blow this scene

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #38 on: Mon, 13 July 2020, 02:40:09 »
Now we know TP likes to smoke...
What's next? TP eating big fat steak?  :eek:
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #39 on: Mon, 13 July 2020, 03:29:27 »
Tp4 just watched a few episodes of Cowboy Bebop..

Now Tp4 really wants to smoke cigarettes..

Same thing happened to me when I was 18 and I watched Breaking Bad for the first time. Jesse Pinkman's smoking habit made me go out and buy a pack of cigs. Been smoking on and off ever since...

I blame the media...
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #40 on: Mon, 13 July 2020, 03:47:38 »
Now we know TP likes to smoke...
What's next? TP eating big fat steak?  :eek:

LOL, if it weren't bad for one's health, Tp4 would do both @ the same time.

In terms of health risk, eating 1 egg a day is equivalent of smoking 5 cigarettes a day.

Sooooo.... /Noooop 4 Tp.

Offline yui

« Reply #41 on: Mon, 13 July 2020, 04:18:23 »
i am wondering if tp's watermelons are the same as everyone else's, seems that they have strange properties. you sure those are not THC producing ones? or do they have mushrooms in them?
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #42 on: Mon, 13 July 2020, 04:22:35 »
i am wondering if tp's watermelons are the same as everyone else's, seems that they have strange properties. you sure those are not THC producing ones? or do they have mushrooms in them?

Tp4 only eats the $5 watermelons from Costco, like everyone else.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #43 on: Mon, 13 July 2020, 07:08:23 »
Makes sense TP4 am pot head :p .

Never really saw the point of it tbh, it's legal here, so about as interesting as vitamin C, except more smelly :p .
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #44 on: Mon, 13 July 2020, 07:12:41 »

Never really saw the point of it tbh, it's legal here, so about as interesting as vitamin C, except more smelly :p .

/headscratch   Tp4 dn' do Dr000gs.

Offline phinix

« Reply #45 on: Mon, 13 July 2020, 10:12:42 »

So, in general, does a lot of people actually smoke Mary Jane there?
As much as drinking alcohol for example?
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #46 on: Mon, 13 July 2020, 17:05:29 »

It's fantastic as a demotivator when you genuinely have nothing to do but feel guilty not doing anything. Weed gets rid of that guilty feeling of idle hands, it's perfect for lock down times.

I'm not gonna feed you some bs line about how it creativity charges you or makes things more interesting, because it doesn't. It does have a negative long term impact on clarity of thought and motivation. When I stop smoking for a few days I can feel my brain 'waking up.' It also prevents me from dreaming during sleep dead stop, but I dunno if that's a universal effect. 

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #47 on: Mon, 13 July 2020, 20:44:37 »

When I stop smoking for a few days I can feel my brain 'waking up.'

Quite a compelling argument for use.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline phinix

« Reply #48 on: Tue, 14 July 2020, 02:24:04 »

It's fantastic as a demotivator when you genuinely have nothing to do but feel guilty not doing anything. Weed gets rid of that guilty feeling of idle hands, it's perfect for lock down times.

I'm not gonna feed you some bs line about how it creativity charges you or makes things more interesting, because it doesn't. It does have a negative long term impact on clarity of thought and motivation. When I stop smoking for a few days I can feel my brain 'waking up.' It also prevents me from dreaming during sleep dead stop, but I dunno if that's a universal effect.

Not dreaming sounds right - as you go to full- deep sleep, so no dreams:) Its like a full reset of your brain. Falling a sleep in one position, then waking up is same position after 8 hours of deep sleep :)

How are your pains? Do you for example feel some pain before you smoke, then once baked, you still feel it but not as pain, but some kind of strain or fatigue?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #49 on: Tue, 14 July 2020, 09:29:22 »
Not dreaming sounds right - as you go to full- deep sleep, so no dreams:) Its like a full reset of your brain. Falling a sleep in one position, then waking up is same position after 8 hours of deep sleep :)

How are your pains? Do you for example feel some pain before you smoke, then once baked, you still feel it but not as pain, but some kind of strain or fatigue?

In neurosci, dreams are generally interpreted as sorting short(mid)-term memory into long term storage.

So the normal case is, if a person is not learning much or at all, anything new, during his waking hours, he will not experience noticeable dream states.

So there could be many different cases of how marijuana prevents dreaming.

It can, Prevent dreams by disrupting brain chemistry such that long term sorting is prevented.

It can, sedate the person enough such that he does very little throughout the day such that not many new experiences/memories are formed.

The depth of the sleep state is not what prevents dreaming, humans naturally cycle through multiple sleep states every night.

This subject has not been rigorously studied.