Author Topic: The perfect wrist rest: Got wood...or leather?  (Read 8967 times)

Offline bloorocket

• Experience tranquillity
The perfect wrist rest: Got wood...or leather?
« on: Wed, 27 July 2016, 22:01:45 »
Hi there,
I am looking for a wrist rest, and I would appreciate inputs between getting a leather one or a wooden one.
Expected I would be typing for around 5 hours a day, with 2 hours of gaming each day.
Dont even know if gaming wrist rest exist, save for the corsair and logitech funky design.
Cheers
Ducky Snake Mx Blues
Bucket list: EnduroPro, Ergodox, King's Assembly, HHKB Pro2, 55g RF
Looking for: Grey Mod set for RF 104 ANSI

Offline figit090

• RGB LED Kinesis Contoured
Re: The perfect wrist rest: Got wood...or leather?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 28 July 2016, 00:20:10 »
I would recommend not using a wrist rest to avoid bending your wrists for 7+ hours a day unless it holds your wrists high enough

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

• LiquidEvilGaming Youtube
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 28 July 2016, 06:08:07 »
Honestly, i think much of it depends on how you sit...your elevation desk height level etc.  Also the height of the rest compared to the keyboard itself.  What i can say is without one relative to my own setup it puts me in a great deal of pain to not use one personally.  I think this is something that is going to vary on each individuals setup and is hard to comment on without knowing details etc.

Personally however i have always gone back and forth between two different wrist rests.

https://www.amazon.com/Filco-Wooden-Wrist-M-size-Product/dp/B00CHK3B3O - Filco Wood wrist rest (M size is TKL size but they also have other sizes)

https://www.amazon.com/Glorious-Gaming-Wrist-Pad-Rest/dp/B00V5AXEZ2/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1469704028&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=Glorious+wrist+rest&psc=1 - Glorious Wrist rests (DO NOT get the thin ones as these sit too low and arch your wrists oddly) These also come in different sizes for different boards.

My two cents anyways.
Current Daily Driver/s
White Leopold 750R MX Reds
Head of LiquidEvilGaming on Youtube
i7 4790k/16GB DDR3/GTX 1060 6GB SSC/256GB Samsung SSD/2TB SSHD/W10

Offline ReverbSlush

• 16/52 RNG score
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 28 July 2016, 06:13:12 »
much of it depends on how you sit...your elevation desk height level etc.

this.  the material it's made from is probably more personal preference, so maybe get a few different kinds to try and then return what you don't like. I prefer wood over leather. Some people might like leather better because it has some "give" to it.

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 29 July 2016, 16:19:53 »
I no longer use wrist rests with normal keyboards; on my ergodox however I use the Grifiti wrist rests and they're really nice. I also had a Grifiti wrist rest for TKL boards and it was pretty good too.