Author Topic: [GB] GMK Nines -- 40s kit through GMK Sixes GB!  (Read 155496 times)

Offline Rayndalf

Re: [GB] GMK Nines (Production) - important artisan question -
« Reply #200 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 22:34:18 »
No reason to let some fine looking caps go to waste just for 'muh sekrit club', I agree raffle > FCFS > burying them in a shallow grave in the Mojave

Offline cari

« Reply #201 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 23:15:40 »
 :eek: Raffle please. I was looking forward to getting one. Failed once! Would like to try again  :thumb:

Offline Furikurichemy

« Reply #202 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 00:15:08 »
yeah raffle winner here. Just raffle off the extras  :). It's a cool cap, the more people who have it the better.

Offline jimboytacos

« Reply #203 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 01:03:43 »
To do what is best?

I would hate to be that guy who participated because knowing this is an extremely rare, one of a kind artisan with only 10 ever produced... And then realized that more were produced and sold. Wouldn't you be angry? I'd be very unhappy.

Emir, Stick to your original words and do not let me or anyone obtain one of those extras. It's ethics at this point.
He says there's only "a couple" and clearly has asked the participants for their input.

If we say a couple is two, then is 1 of 12 any less special than 1 of 10? Furthermore, 2 have very publicly said to go for it. Emir has also given other participants the ability to walk away of they feel slighted. Clearly he's not here to double down and make a ton of of profit. I don't understand your "ethics" remark.. clearly he's sensitive to this.
Lastly. It's an artisan cap...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I'm not a participant and I didn't get one. And of course, like any amazing product, we would all like to be a part of it. Which is why it's so easy to tell Emir to just sell off the extras- Duh! Cuz we want it.

But if it was supposed to be exclusive from the start, I can only imagine what the remaining raffle winners would think.

I could be wrong tho.

I think Emir should reached out to the original raffle winners to ask for their opinion (besides announcing it here- cuz usually I don't tend to follow the GH thread post-GB).

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #204 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 01:14:24 »
Heyo, Thank you to everyone for reaching out and sharing your opinions!  :thumb:

First I'd like to make it clear that I don't profit a single dime from the artisans, just to make my motives clear here. The reason I even considered this was due to salvuns masterful craftsmanship, and it would be a waste to see them binned.

However, even though many raffle winners are alright with a couple more artisans on circulation, I have been contacted by a raffle winner that is not ok with it. Of course I won't share their name, and I will respect that, and not offer the remaining 5 or so artisans. I would sort of been torn on it myself, so no shade thrown on anyone involved in favor of either decision.

All love and respect, and thank you for showing so much interest in this! Warms my heart. <3

Good news is that we don't have to wait for much longer for the set to be in our hands now!

Offline rondg

Re: [GB] GMK Nines (Production)
« Reply #205 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 01:47:54 »
 :(

Why was this not a GB again?

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #206 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 01:57:04 »

To be honest I planned to run the artisan as a gb with unlimited entries, but the backlash was so large and interest so low,  and people kept saying they wanted the Rama artisan, so I had no faith in it. I was sure it'd sell 10, so I decided to make it a raffle.

In hindsight it would've done well, but please note this for any future gb you're interested in - voice your opinion and interest in a product! It means more than you think!

Offline gMit

« Reply #207 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 02:12:06 »
Heyo, Thank you to everyone for reaching out and sharing your opinions!  :thumb:

First I'd like to make it clear that I don't profit a single dime from the artisans, just to make my motives clear here. The reason I even considered this was due to salvuns masterful craftsmanship, and it would be a waste to see them binned.

However, even though many raffle winners are alright with a couple more artisans on circulation, I have been contacted by a raffle winner that is not ok with it. Of course I won't share their name, and I will respect that, and not offer the remaining 5 or so artisans. I would sort of been torn on it myself, so no shade thrown on anyone involved in favor of either decision.

All love and respect, and thank you for showing so much interest in this! Warms my heart. <3

Good news is that we don't have to wait for much longer for the set to be in our hands now!

To be honest I planned to run the artisan as a gb with unlimited entries, but the backlash was so large and interest so low,  and people kept saying they wanted the Rama artisan, so I had no faith in it. I was sure it'd sell 10, so I decided to make it a raffle.

In hindsight it would've done well, but please note this for any future gb you're interested in - voice your opinion and interest in a product! It means more than you think!

Why you gotta be a little *****? Are you really going to let one person make the rest miss out...

Offline phatty

• dailyclack.com
« Reply #208 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 02:13:28 »

Why you gotta be a little *****? Are you really going to let one person make the rest miss out...

Big whoop, 5 people can miss out because one cry baby loses 1% in rarity. Didn't realise JT was here crying me a river

Offline Furikurichemy

« Reply #209 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 02:22:41 »
me when I successfully keep my artisan to 1/10

Offline phatty

• dailyclack.com
« Reply #210 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 02:35:12 »
Have we considered doing the King Solomon thing and having Emir destroy 10, so only 5 exist?

Then it increases the rarity even more. Original winners are now in limbo, demand will suddenly skyrocket!

Offline premise_

« Reply #211 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 02:41:39 »
Hello.

I am one of the organizers of the sydney meet 2019. Since youre not selling the 5, would you consider donating the 5 to the sydney meet raffle rather than binning them?

Sent from my SM-C710F using Tapatalk

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #212 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 02:44:06 »

Yeah, I know that it sucks - but I have respect for the participants and I'll honor my end. In addition, adding +-5 artisans to the mix would not guarantee that you or others who really want it will get one.

I understand that people are upset, but this is the way it is I am afraid. Lessons have been learned, if we're to take something positive from the situation! :)

Offline rondg

« Reply #213 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 05:46:09 »
Yeah, I know that it sucks - but I have respect for the participants and I'll honor my end. In addition, adding +-5 artisans to the mix would not guarantee that you or others who really want it will get one.

I understand that people are upset, but this is the way it is I am afraid. Lessons have been learned, if we're to take something positive from the situation! :)

I am okay with the possibility that I might own the artisan. If I don't win the raffle, then tough luck.
But I respect your decision.
Looking forward to the keyset  ;D

Offline flippanteer

« Reply #214 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 09:01:51 »

Respect their choice please and be civil, I don't think Emir or anyone deserves such language after already organizing a great groupbuy.
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 August 2019, 09:04:08 by flippanteer »
Current boards: FLX Virgo w/ NK Drys, E8.5 w/ NK Drys, LZ Physix w/ H1s,  Moon TKL w/ MX Zilents, HAD66 [Alice layout] w/ NK Creams, KBD75v1 w/ Zealios 67g v1

Purchased boards: Infinitum

Past boards: Trinity w/ Tealios v2, Lubrigante w/ Holy YOK Trash Pandas, Kumo w/ Novelkeys Cream, Diverge 2 w/ MX Browns, Planck w/ MOD-H, Anne Pro w/ MX Blue

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #215 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 09:11:56 »

Respect their choice please and be civil, I don't think Emir or anyone deserves such language after already organizing a great groupbuy.

I concur with this sentiment.

Offline blakstealth

« Reply #216 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 12:45:53 »
Probably coincidental, but this set gives me Nier Automata vibes.

Offline mlnr

« Reply #217 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 23:28:39 »
Probably coincidental, but this set gives me Nier Automata vibes.
"People who know me well usually call me Nines"

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #218 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 04:01:04 »
I missed the first raffle (don't have this topic on watched), so sadly won't be an artisan owner.
I respect your decision Emir. What it does show me though, is that apparently some of the raffle winners care more about their own "fortune" and their own "exclusivity" than the joy of other people to also have a chance to get that lovely artisan. Just my 2 cents obviously.

In other news :P How is production going? Shipping still expected sometime September?

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #219 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 10:18:02 »
So one anonymous artisan collector sends a sternly worded letter (with either a complete set of Reapers or maybe the ear of a family member) and now despite asking for suggestions Emir has been bribed or threatened into locking away our boys at the request of Big Keycap :eek: :eek: :eek:

I for one have no idea what this means or even if this is remotely true, but I simply will not stand for it. >:D >:D >:D

Completely Confidential Super Secret Plan: ship the offending keycaps with random sets of Nines, so that Big Keycap will unkidnap your whole family before they realize they've been duped... its simply the only way to take a stand against Big Keycap and free our boys.

Offline flippanteer

« Reply #220 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 11:40:45 »
So one anonymous artisan collector sends a sternly worded letter (with either a complete set of Reapers or maybe the ear of a family member) and now despite asking for suggestions Emir has been bribed or threatened into locking away our boys at the request of Big Keycap :eek: :eek: :eek:

I for one have no idea what this means or even if this is remotely true, but I simply will not stand for it. >:D >:D >:D

Completely Confidential Super Secret Plan: ship the offending keycaps with random sets of Nines, so that Big Keycap will unkidnap your whole family before they realize they've been duped... its simply the only way to take a stand against Big Keycap and free our boys.

There's a lot of jokes and people not as happy with the result, but Emir specifically stated in their initial post asking for suggestions that if any of the current owners wanted to privately message Emir, that was an option.

I, for one, would not like to detract from the actual GMK Nines set with all of these jokes or unsatisfactory comments regarding extra artisans, Emir is still conducting a groupbuy for a wonderful set overall that I think is a great design!
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 August 2019, 11:44:27 by flippanteer »
Current boards: FLX Virgo w/ NK Drys, E8.5 w/ NK Drys, LZ Physix w/ H1s,  Moon TKL w/ MX Zilents, HAD66 [Alice layout] w/ NK Creams, KBD75v1 w/ Zealios 67g v1

Purchased boards: Infinitum

Past boards: Trinity w/ Tealios v2, Lubrigante w/ Holy YOK Trash Pandas, Kumo w/ Novelkeys Cream, Diverge 2 w/ MX Browns, Planck w/ MOD-H, Anne Pro w/ MX Blue

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #221 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 16:58:39 »
@flippanteer
If my (or anyone else's) jokes or comments makes it seem like I'm disappointed with this turn of events, thats because I am (slightly) disappointed and while I understand it wasn't our decision to make, but that doesn't mean that decision is above praise or in this case (minor) criticism.

At this point there is nothing else a buyer of GMK Nines can really do but wait for our sets to ship or talk about how excited we are for the day we receive our sets or ask about extras if they missed out, but everyone has already done those things for months, and commenting on the outcome of a matter that requested our input seems like fair game.

I'm sure those lucky 5 will derive twice the fun from those caps than they would if there were in fact 10 of them, but I'm just not a fan of artificial scarcity or binning wanted goods as a matter of principal.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #222 on: Fri, 16 August 2019, 02:43:08 »
Heyo!

Feel free to discuss, that's what the thread is for - but please refrain from personal attacks.
The individual that said no is not actually the one at fault, it is me who should be blamed for choosing to go with a cap limit of 10 for the raffle.

Don't give up hope yet, we will refrain from binning all the extras for now and try to think of something. :)

Offline rora

• Summitcables
« Reply #223 on: Fri, 16 August 2019, 03:09:11 »
Heyo!

Feel free to discuss, that's what the thread is for - but please refrain from personal attacks.
The individual that said no is not actually the one at fault, it is me who should be blamed for choosing to go with a cap limit of 10 for the raffle.

Don't give up hope yet, we will refrain from binning all the extras for now and try to think of something. :)

This is the response I like to hear, thank you : ) extra's would be nice.. didn't have the funds to get into it originally :(
Heavensward

Matrix 8x V2.0 Blue | Matrix 8x V2.0 Tiffany Blue | LZ SE MP | TGR Jane V2 Blue Grey | TGR Jane V2 Pink | TGR Jane V2 CE | Keycult No2, Rev1 | Keycult No2, Rev1 | TGR 910 CE | TGRxSinga Unikorn | Orion V3 | Xeno | Mira SE | Kmac Happy | Kyuu | QXP | LZ CLS H | Poly Singa | TXCP | E6V2 FE

Offline rondg

« Reply #224 on: Sat, 17 August 2019, 21:22:16 »
How about different colored extras? This way, the original 10 raffle winners will still be unique. Just throwing some ideas  ;D

Also, if you are going to sell it, please don't make it FCFS. Not all people have the same timezone.

Offline LubedHealios

• swede living in The Netherlands
« Reply #225 on: Sun, 18 August 2019, 17:01:58 »
Do a reversed colourway of the remaining 10 and toss them in each order  ;D

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #226 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 02:56:12 »
I am thinking that accenting it (inverse colors) would be nice, but that'll raise the price of them. If there's some interest in this still, I'll have a word with salvun to see what we can do.

Offline Solotov

« Reply #227 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 03:43:54 »
And what about same color but different design?
Flex is love, flex is life.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #228 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 03:47:59 »
And what about same color but different design?

Sorry but I don't think we will sketch up a new design and remanufacture - the issue at hand is the "Leftover" caps. :O GB is in its ending stage, so I'd like to have it resolved rather quickly so that it doesn't drag on - and so that I can move on to other projects (Firefly).

Offline rondg

« Reply #229 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 04:41:53 »
I am thinking that accenting it (inverse colors) would be nice, but that'll raise the price of them. If there's some interest in this still, I'll have a word with salvun to see what we can do.

I'm still interested

Offline LubedHealios

« Reply #230 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 11:07:57 »

I would love that!!!! just invoice me ;)

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #231 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 11:57:31 »
I came across something on instagram. :O

Offline rondg

« Reply #232 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 19:02:37 »
Looks great! Are those the extras?

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #233 on: Thu, 29 August 2019, 03:04:23 »
Looks great! Are those the extras?

Nope, the original 10!

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #234 on: Tue, 10 September 2019, 13:48:36 »

Artisan, not color corrected - next to n9 and u9.

It's not a perfect match - but looks pretty good side by side IMO! The ano is a bit darker than N9.

I think artisans should be headed to each vendor now, so raffle winners keep an eye out! :)

Nines should ship this week if the information I was provided is correct, let's see! :)

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #235 on: Fri, 13 September 2019, 15:57:38 »

Macsurfy strikes again! He's now blessed every keycap project I've been involved with. :O

Update:
GMK has confirmed that Nines is finished, expecting shipment to vendors any moment now!

« Last Edit: Fri, 13 September 2019, 16:09:38 by Emir »

Offline gordonderp

« Reply #236 on: Sun, 15 September 2019, 23:04:08 »
Nice can't way for these to come in

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
Re: [GB] GMK Nines (SHIPPING FROM GMK!)
« Reply #237 on: Mon, 16 September 2019, 17:21:17 »
I've received confirmation that the sets are now shipping from GMK to at least Kono, which makes me believe that they're on their way to the other proxies as well! :)

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
Re: [GB] GMK Nines (SHIPPING FROM GMK!)
« Reply #238 on: Thu, 19 September 2019, 08:25:47 »
oh hello

Will post photos of the actual set when I get home from work. ;)

Offline LubedHealios

Re: [GB] GMK Nines (Arriving at your doorsteps!)
« Reply #239 on: Thu, 19 September 2019, 10:56:48 »
oof can't wait
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 September 2019, 11:27:04 by LubedHealios »

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #240 on: Thu, 19 September 2019, 12:53:22 »

Really difficult to capture the beige, but I am very satisfied with the outcome! :) I hope you'll like it!

Offline LubedHealios

« Reply #241 on: Thu, 19 September 2019, 14:08:08 »
This looks soooooo gooooood! amazing work emir!
226619-0

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #242 on: Thu, 19 September 2019, 14:21:47 »
I was really worried the text was going to be too beige, but in these photos it looks like it gives the dark grey the perfect amount of warmth. The Skiidata accents look really sharp too :thumb:

Offline badboy731

« Reply #243 on: Thu, 19 September 2019, 16:19:19 »
Looks great! cant wait to receive it
E7-V1 | TGR Jane v2 CE | HBCP | GSKT-00 | Raine | AOS

Offline Poesjuh

[GB] GMK Nines (Arriving at your doorsteps!)
« Reply #244 on: Fri, 20 September 2019, 03:16:52 »
There is more! (Revo Kmini, Poly plate, Inks, 63,5cn).
First photo is fairly color accurate, others aren't due to the morning sun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 September 2019, 07:55:37 by Poesjuh »

Offline Morgan3Wheeler

« Reply #245 on: Fri, 20 September 2019, 03:36:40 »
There is more!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Awesome!! I can't wait my Nines.

Is that KMAC Mini?
KMAC Happy red HHKB / KMAC Mini red / KMAC 2 86 / 45-ATS cerakote white / Matrix Noah avocado green / Matrix2.0 WKL yellow / Matrix2.0 WKL red / Matrix2.0 add WKL / Matrix Abel X RX-78 / Matrix Abel X Eva / Matrix1.2 OG WKL purple blue / Percent BOOSTER yellow /  Percent CANOE yellow / Percent Canoe2 casio / Percent SKOG mao / TGR 910 CE pink / TGR Jane CE WKL olive green/ TGR Jane V2 WKL blue gray/ TGR Jane V2 CE WKL / TGR Alice red / Keycult No. 2 Rev. 1 / EXENT65 black / GRAYCOD 67 mao / CA66 e-white / Think6.5 V2 LE / Think6.5 V2 robocop / Think6.5 V2 snow white / SPACE 65 R1 black / Typewriter68 e-white/ E6.5 pc / E7-V1 mao white/ E8.5 WKL e-white/ Voclano660 e-white / Moon by EVE WKL carbon / JER-Mini gray / JER80S NCR WKL geekhack / JER80S NCR WKL Korean / Dolumina65 black / Elephant S7 R2 e-white / Bear 65 ergo e-white, black, blue, pink, PC / Fox key65 e-white / Cyberboard purple / Saturn-60 moondust / Saturn-60 supernova / Infinitum / Rama M65a e-white / Rama Jules navy / Rama Zenith ouro / Rama U80-A Seq2 soya / Primus75 / 7V blue / / Cajal gray / Cajal e-white / SQUARE.X 6ea / Time 80 Reforged WKL e-white / J-01 rev1 Black / J-02 LE Poker e-white / OTD 356 Mini R1 red / LZ-CE red / LZ-CE gray / LZ-CLSms silver/ LZ-PhysiX gray / LZ-SQ SE titan gray / LZ-EX titan gray /  LZ-ST silver / LZ-FE WKL silver/ LZ-CLS WKL silver/ LZ-CLS WKL black / LZ-MP gray / LZ-MX SE titan gray / LZ-CP black-blue / LZ-CP red-red SE / LZ-RV gray / Light Pad silver / Light Pad gray / Octagon V2 gray / Orion V2 WKL silver-red / Orion V2.5 WKL gray / Dol Pad dolch / Dolinger 2017 dolch / Dolinger RE yellow/ Dolinger RE PC / Whale-Fe / Dolphin V3 dolch / Montage PC WKL / F1-8X WKL gray / F1-8X WKL navy / F1-8X WKL burgandy / AL.BOK WKL silver

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #246 on: Fri, 20 September 2019, 03:44:38 »
There is more!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Awesome!! I can't wait my Nines.

Is that KMAC Mini?

Revo Kmini, the clone.

Offline dantambok

« Reply #247 on: Fri, 20 September 2019, 07:51:19 »
Oh baby that looks nice. Kbdfans pls  :))
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #248 on: Fri, 20 September 2019, 11:38:55 »
Oh baby that looks nice. Kbdfans pls  :))

Aw **** GOD bought my set 🙏😱

Offline popkorn62

• No keyboards for old men
    • Mekibo
« Reply #249 on: Fri, 20 September 2019, 19:34:16 »
I just cannot wait for this!!!
==============
https://mekibo.com/