Author Topic: Post Pictures Of Your Desk/Set Ups!  (Read 1408078 times)

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Desk/Set Ups!
« Reply #2500 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 08:00:08 »
Here's my messy cable management.

(potato pic)

Offline hehenri

« Reply #2501 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 09:38:56 »
Clean!

You must live in old house?  :eek:

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
« Reply #2502 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 09:42:32 »
Clean!

You must live in old house?  :eek:
Haha, considering the power plugs ? (they work so they aren't really in need of a change)

Well, I think the aparment I live is from the 60's or something, which I wouldn't really call old.

Offline hehenri

« Reply #2503 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 09:49:35 »
Haha, considering the power plugs ? (they work so they aren't really in need of a change)

Well, I think the aparment I live is from the 60's or something, which I wouldn't really call old.

Hah buddy I didn't mean you should change those!  :)

I have always liked little older houses but always lived in pretty new houses :/

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #2504 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 14:21:27 »
How come we don't all have these to hide the surge protector and cable mess?

:))

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
« Reply #2505 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 14:29:08 »
Show Image

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2506 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 22:47:09 »
If we're talking about hiding cables, this one's gotta be amongst the best (NOT my room (as much as I wish it was), not my pictures, sorry, can't remember where I found them):

67977-0

67979-1

67981-2

67983-3
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2507 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 22:50:49 »
If we're talking about hiding cables, this one's gotta be amongst the best (NOT my room (as much as I wish it was), not my pictures, sorry, can't remember where I found them):

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

As clean as that is (which is amazing), that would be so absolutely awful to listen to music at the desk with.  :-/  Why would you put your speakers next to you on the floor?  Even if you're going to sit back a bit and listen, you'd have to sit on the floor for optimal speaker placement...   :confused:

Offline bexleycorona

« Reply #2508 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 03:44:17 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Very neat setup!

GE Marquette | Rosewill RK-9000 | Rosewill Apollo 9100 | Realforce 87U "EK Edition" 45g Uniform | Unicomp Ultra Classic Black Buckling Spring | Realforce 87U SE07T0 Variable | Dolch PAC65

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2509 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 04:57:46 »
Isn't that a DAS keyboard? Did this guy simply not plugin the cable or did he drill a hole in the table right behind the keyboard?

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #2510 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 04:59:09 »
Isn't that a DAS keyboard? Did this guy simply not plugin the cable or did he drill a hole in the table right behind the keyboard?

I think he drilled a hole - that's what I call dedication :eek:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2511 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 06:11:49 »

AFAIK there is a hole in the desk under the keyboard.  The cable goes virtually straight below the desk.

68005-0
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline jamesj223

« Reply #2512 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 09:06:54 »
Desk

Cable management? What's that?
Poker II MX Blues - Blank DSA Caps        Leopold FC200RT MX Clears

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2513 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 10:25:08 »

AFAIK there is a hole in the desk under the keyboard.  The cable goes virtually straight below the desk.

(Attachment Link)

That would drive me crazy....    :eek:    So permanent, and you could never move the keyboard - ever - without there being a gaping hole in your desk...    :-\   Stuff like that seems so shortsighted to me.

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #2514 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 10:49:47 »

(Attachment Link)

That would drive me crazy....    :eek:    So permanent, and you could never move the keyboard - ever - without there being a gaping hole in your desk...    :-\   Stuff like that seems so shortsighted to me.
To be fair, I don't really see where else you would put a keyboard in that setup. I always want my keyboard near the center of my middle monitor.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2515 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 11:14:14 »

(Attachment Link)

To be fair, I don't really see where else you would put a keyboard in that setup. I always want my keyboard near the center of my middle monitor.

I dunno, maybe I'm unique, but I sometimes like to write things at my desk, which requires me to push my keyboard back or to the side.  That simply wouldn't work with this setup.  I agree that when using the keyboard, that is where I would want it, but then you basically can't move it at all for any reason.    :-X   But hey, not intending to bash the guys setup, just commenting on it.  :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2516 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 19:15:31 »

(Attachment Link)

Although that desk looks like laminated plank laid across the speakers, so I guess it's not that much of a deal.

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
« Reply #2517 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 19:25:13 »
Desk
Show Image

Cable management? What's that?
Show Image

Nice and cozy setup :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2518 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 20:17:16 »
^ Need to swap stickers on the 2x2x2 cube so they all match!

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #2519 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 22:01:21 »

Show Image

WANT!!!

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #2520 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 22:09:10 »
Finally got all moved in. Still unpacking but I got my desk set up.  ;D

68071-0
Painting will commence once the house is in nearly unpacked!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2521 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 22:51:52 »
Finally got all moved in. Still unpacking but I got my desk set up.  ;D

(Attachment Link)
Painting will commence once the house is in nearly unpacked!

Important things first, right! ;)

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #2522 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 22:55:47 »

(Attachment Link)

I dunno, maybe I'm unique, but I sometimes like to write things at my desk, which requires me to push my keyboard back or to the side.  That simply wouldn't work with this setup.  I agree that when using the keyboard, that is where I would want it, but then you basically can't move it at all for any reason.    :-X   But hey, not intending to bash the guys setup, just commenting on it.  :)

I'm the same, when I'm coding I've usually got a small notepad in between my keyboard and mouse so I need to push my keyboard off the left a bit.

My dream eventually is to make a wireless keyboard with a wireless charger in the mouse pad so I don't need any cables.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #2523 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 22:58:40 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

That is SOOOOPER clean. Like.

I'm struggling to come up with an ultimate setup (it will be a sit-stand wrap around MONSTER) with Split Kinesis chair arm mounted for the sitting and the original 'test bed' Kinesis for the standing portion.
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline oscillik

• music podcasts
« Reply #2524 on: Sun, 15 June 2014, 10:37:43 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

As clean as that is (which is amazing), that would be so absolutely awful to listen to music at the desk with.  :-/  Why would you put your speakers next to you on the floor?  Even if you're going to sit back a bit and listen, you'd have to sit on the floor for optimal speaker placement...   :confused:

THANK YOU!

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks this speaker placement is just wrong wrong wrong
Keymacs A620N-Rev.A with Alps SKCM Salmon switches

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2525 on: Sun, 15 June 2014, 10:39:17 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

THANK YOU!

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks this speaker placement is just wrong wrong wrong

You all would hate mine then, I dont even have any

Offline brainT

« Reply #2526 on: Sun, 15 June 2014, 14:11:54 »
I think I've got it set up to my liking, but I'm sure that will change.  Holding off on cable management till after they put the Fiber in and I get around to throwing together a freenas box.

The wide view:

Section 1:

Section 2:

What I'm taking a break from to post (and the view from my window) :thumb:

Offline kurplop

• THE HERO WE DON'T DESERVE
« Reply #2527 on: Sun, 15 June 2014, 16:14:03 »
Ahh Land.   I've got a quarter acre and that's considered a big lot in my area.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2528 on: Sun, 15 June 2014, 17:08:51 »
Fantastic view!

Nice setup too :)

Offline Psybin

• of Rallos Zek
« Reply #2529 on: Sun, 15 June 2014, 17:11:25 »
Yes, that is a great set up, really cool looking house (from what I can see in the background) and the view!  :thumb:
Where is this? I'm guessing not the States.

Offline brainT

« Reply #2530 on: Sun, 15 June 2014, 17:40:44 »
Ahh Land.   I've got a quarter acre and that's considered a big lot in my area.

We've got close to 3 acres but most of that has gone "wild."  We're around low-mid as far as land goes in the area for folks that don't live right in town.  It's great but a little oppressive at the moment.  When we bought the place I was working per diem-ish averaging around 25 hours a week so the plan was for me to get the land in shape and planted (worked on a farm for a bit and loved it) so we could go after the land-use tax break we've got up here and grow a healthy % of our food.  Things changed and now I'm pretty much full time with a ton more responsibility which has left very little energy for farming! 

Fantastic view!

Nice setup too :)

Thanks! We fell in love with the place instantly and I don't think I'll ever want to move (rural setting + fiber internet + awesome community) but the fiancee may have different ideas in a few years...

Yes, that is a great set up, really cool looking house (from what I can see in the background) and the view!  :thumb:
Where is this? I'm guessing not the States.

Vermont actually!  It's great if you can stomach the winters.  I really should learn to ski...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2531 on: Sun, 15 June 2014, 17:59:21 »
Thanks! We fell in love with the place instantly and I don't think I'll ever want to move (rural setting + fiber internet + awesome community) but the fiancee may have different ideas in a few years...

If kids form a part of the plan, you could use the argument that there's lots of room for them to grow up, play and experience nature ;)

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #2532 on: Sun, 15 June 2014, 18:24:13 »

If kids form a part of the plan, you could use the argument that there's lots of room for them to grow up, play and experience nature ;)

Wow! fiber internet and the space of a rural area. Can't get better.  :thumb:

Offline brainT

« Reply #2533 on: Sun, 15 June 2014, 18:53:22 »

Wow! fiber internet and the space of a rural area. Can't get better.  :thumb:

We bought a house where we did because of the school in town ;) The only issue is that it's a 1200sqft one with two tiny bedrooms. That's not too bad with one pre-teen but throw in another and teenage angst and things could get ugly quick! We could add ~600sqft easily enough.  The point of contention is career options for the fiancee.  She likes her job now but thinks something different would be nice in a few years and there just aren't a lot of options in the area for her line of work in the area.

The fiber thing is pretty nuts but there are some big guns living in the hills around town including someone on the higher end of the google food-chain so that may have given us a top spot on the fiber list!

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #2534 on: Sun, 15 June 2014, 22:28:16 »
cleaned up my room and changed up the desk

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #2535 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 08:23:39 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

seems a lot cleaner :)
I'm on wifi (because I'm a homeless man) so things got a tad slower internet connection wise..I'll figure out how to make it work back to what it was before (maybe the boxes are blocking off the connection?..)

as much as this looks nicer, i have to move it back to what it was for dat connection  :(

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2536 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 16:44:19 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I'm on wifi (because I'm a homeless man) so things got a tad slower internet connection wise..I'll figure out how to make it work back to what it was before (maybe the boxes are blocking off the connection?..)

as much as this looks nicer, i have to move it back to what it was for dat connection  :(

Noooo...  :(  Put the computer to the right of the desk!  At least give it a try.

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #2537 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 16:49:00 »
Build a mini itx computer, put it on your desk and still have a ton of space.  ;)

I love the phantom, but its just massive. Phantom and raven rv01 are probably my favorite out there towers.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #2538 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 17:43:51 »
I think I've got it set up to my liking, but I'm sure that will change.  Holding off on cable management till after they put the Fiber in and I get around to throwing together a freenas box.

The wide view:
Show Image

Section 1:
Show Image

Section 2:
Show Image

Show Image

What I would do for a view like that out of my window o: also your desk setup it what I would love to have space permitting ahh lovely view though
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline bexleycorona

« Reply #2539 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 18:12:00 »

The wide view:
Show Image

Section 1:
Show Image

Section 2:
Show Image

Show Image

There is something comforting about your setup. It seems very lax and laid back.

I would love to sit there any study.

GE Marquette | Rosewill RK-9000 | Rosewill Apollo 9100 | Realforce 87U "EK Edition" 45g Uniform | Unicomp Ultra Classic Black Buckling Spring | Realforce 87U SE07T0 Variable | Dolch PAC65

Offline Xowie

• On Sabbatical
« Reply #2540 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 16:45:58 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 08 December 2014, 08:11:06 by Xowie »
RETIRED

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #2541 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 16:47:40 »
Vermont actually!  It's great if you can stomach the winters.  I really should learn to ski...

I lived in Burlington for 6 months. Burlington and Vermont was the most gorgeous place I've ever lived. I miss it a lot.

Offline brainT

« Reply #2542 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 18:03:25 »
Here is my current setup:
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Gotta love l-shaped desks!  I really need to get a topre board to try out one of these days.  Right now I'm flip flopping between buckling springs (gets a little loud for the fiancee!) and "space-invader" switches as my favorite.

I lived in Burlington for 6 months. Burlington and Vermont was the most gorgeous place I've ever lived. I miss it a lot.

Burlington's great, as is Vermont in general for the most part but I do miss Maine quite a bit!

The wide view:
Show Image

Section 1:
Show Image

Section 2:
Show Image

Show Image

There is something comforting about your setup. It seems very lax and laid back.

I would love to sit there any study.

Thanks! I generally have to fight one of the cats for the comfy chair but that's nothing new!

What I would do for a view like that out of my window o: also your desk setup it what I would love to have space permitting ahh lovely view though

When we bought the house I claimed this corner as my own and told her to do as she pleased with the rest of the house which has worked out well so far!  I love the view but lately I've been avoiding it as every time I look out there I see the garden and a couple dozen things that needed to be done in it yesterday....

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
« Reply #2543 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 08:55:30 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Noooo...  :(  Put the computer to the right of the desk!  At least give it a try.

:-X :-X I may briefly try that tonight..we'll see :((

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2544 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 10:08:12 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

:-X :-X I may briefly try that tonight..we'll see :((

I tend to put my feet on my case in the past ,when I put it on the floor under the desk
it left a certain area of the case to have foot prints  :rolleyes:
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #2545 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 10:10:06 »
I tend to put my feet on my case in the past ,when I put it on the floor under the desk
it left a certain area of the case to have foot prints  :rolleyes:

I literally LOVED my setup how it was, I only changed it because I thought I wanted to see a cleaner version but now with the ****ty connection it's just not worth it :|
I'm fine with it back on the desk I just gotta move it back physically now

Offline Fetus Breath

« Reply #2546 on: Fri, 20 June 2014, 18:03:54 »
68513-0

68515-1

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #2547 on: Fri, 20 June 2014, 18:06:22 »
Dat ultra wide monitor tho

:thumb: