Author Topic: Post Pictures Of Your Desk/Set Ups!  (Read 1408312 times)

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Desk/Set Ups!
« Reply #3300 on: Fri, 26 December 2014, 00:18:54 »
Pure 60% with Bro set

Show Image

Wow! I want that keyset! Where can I get it?

It's a [CTRL]ALT set that isn't for sale anymore, your best bet is looking in the classifieds.
Or here :P

http://techkeys.us/collections/keycap-sets/products/the-broset

Not sure why I didn't remember that.  :confused:
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3301 on: Fri, 26 December 2014, 10:46:46 »
Heres an awful potato shot of my deskspace since I updated my computer build...
(Attachment Link)

What are you watching there :eek:

That's his desktop background.  :)) :))

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3302 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 00:17:12 »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline n3tbird

« Reply #3303 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 07:19:55 »

Thas my setup ! I need a new monitor >.>

Offline jonnyyxo

« Reply #3304 on: Sun, 28 December 2014, 11:21:23 »
Small update of my setup x)

Sorry for the crappy picture quality.

Got the TV rack quite cheap from IKEA yesterday and atm there's only a 19" screen on it. Probably going to be replaced by a bigger screen + HTPC or a TV.
Quite satisfied with it :)

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #3305 on: Sun, 28 December 2014, 18:47:24 »
Show Image

Trying to get it a clean look but mousepad's too big :))

I like that background! Where did you get it?

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #3306 on: Sun, 28 December 2014, 18:58:19 »
Show Image

Trying to get it a clean look but mousepad's too big :))

I like that background! Where did you get it?
Source:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/115722906@N08/12643085935/

:)

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #3307 on: Sun, 28 December 2014, 20:56:33 »

Offline osi

« Reply #3308 on: Thu, 01 January 2015, 08:42:41 »
My humble home setup

86015-0

Offline KH

• My fotki pics
« Reply #3309 on: Thu, 01 January 2015, 10:50:17 »
My setup now. :-*

Here's the whole table, mousemats and my keycaps were old on this pic. And Gf's pc (my second) is in the corner.

This is how I did the new table, nothing special but want to share. :))

Offline Blaklyte

« Reply #3310 on: Thu, 01 January 2015, 11:46:17 »

Show Image

Here's the whole table, mousemats and my keycaps were old on this pic. And Gf's pc (my second) is in the corner.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Simple and clean, I like it.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #3311 on: Thu, 01 January 2015, 13:47:21 »
More
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Man, I need a set up that clean
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3312 on: Thu, 01 January 2015, 16:45:01 »
Show Image

Show Image

Very neatly done!

Me - I've just got cables running everywhere!

I tried one of those wire cable tray things from Ikea, but when I wanted to move something around all the cables had become tied together.

Actually it's probably still affixed to the bottom of my desk :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline KH

• My fotki pics
« Reply #3313 on: Fri, 02 January 2015, 01:26:59 »
Thanks, I put a lot effort to make it as clean as possible. And when I some time ago got it real that I can have pretty easily too super tidy desk, and finally got the table and did it clean, I can't stand any mess in desk or on the cables.

If we're going to LAN party sometimes, I'll have to buy another set of cables to screens and to PSU so it would be easy to set up the table again. :)) Otherwise it'll be a nightmare. :-X

Offline Clearly Superior Username

« Reply #3314 on: Fri, 02 January 2015, 05:14:36 »
This picture is a view months old, when i got a new wooden table board; my home battlestation. Now there's also a plant on the table, a dia/negative scanner and some pencils. But always beer!

Show Image

I know this post is really old but can someone tell me what is that mousepad and also what is that monitor?

Offline Lain1911

• God of the Wired
« Reply #3315 on: Fri, 02 January 2015, 21:19:09 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

There was another person posting about their built set up. This makes me want to build me own too. Is this just normal plywood? Also is there a place to buy the metal poles?

Offline bowji

• Came for the Keycaps, stayed for the community.
« Reply #3316 on: Fri, 02 January 2015, 21:58:25 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Love that simplistic layout! well done keeping it spotless.  :thumb:
It suits my ocd, id work there.  :p
               FREE GIRLDC!!     코리안 스레드

Offline KH

• My fotki pics
« Reply #3317 on: Sat, 03 January 2015, 01:59:38 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Love that simplistic layout! well done keeping it spotless.  :thumb:
It suits my ocd, id work there.  :p
Haha, thanks. I have too ocd with PC tables, and I'm gonna keep it this clean in the future too. :))

Offline KH

• My fotki pics
« Reply #3318 on: Sat, 03 January 2015, 02:15:06 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

There was another person posting about their built set up. This makes me want to build me own too. Is this just normal plywood? Also is there a place to buy the metal poles?

The desk panel is glued oak. Poles, as in table legs, are from local grocery store; oak panel too was bought from same grocery store. Paint is normal furniture paint, matt black.

It's so easy to do it, just buy real wood panel (No, no plywood or etc!) and good looking legs and just take a drill and screw legs on the panel. Then flip around, mask legs good from the paint and then paint. Local paint salesman will help you with painting and paint groceries.

Hiding cables is little bit more difficult, but easy if you are handy. Me, for example, I've build my '69 Ford myself for dailydriver (I've put a build thread and it has over 100k readings!) and I can do everything from cooking to PC's and HC car building to renovating a house. :))

Be brave and just go looking quality wood table and steady good looking table legs. It's easy to put together, and paint seller gives you advises how to paint wood. Then just profit :-*

Offline Lain1911

• God of the Wired
« Reply #3319 on: Sat, 03 January 2015, 17:57:42 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

The desk panel is glued oak. Poles, as in table legs, are from local grocery store; oak panel too was bought from same grocery store. Paint is normal furniture paint, matt black.

It's so easy to do it, just buy real wood panel (No, no plywood or etc!) and good looking legs and just take a drill and screw legs on the panel. Then flip around, mask legs good from the paint and then paint. Local paint salesman will help you with painting and paint groceries.

Hiding cables is little bit more difficult, but easy if you are handy. Me, for example, I've build my '69 Ford myself for dailydriver (I've put a build thread and it has over 100k readings!) and I can do everything from cooking to PC's and HC car building to renovating a house. :))

Be brave and just go looking quality wood table and steady good looking table legs. It's easy to put together, and paint seller gives you advises how to paint wood. Then just profit :-*

Hey thanks! Good call on the Oak board. I'll have to do some searching on legs like those as well as gather a few tools.

Offline Joebroniee

« Reply #3320 on: Sat, 10 January 2015, 18:47:58 »
potato chip picture =D

86917-0

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #3321 on: Sat, 10 January 2015, 21:29:19 »
Where I sit.
86922-0

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #3322 on: Sat, 10 January 2015, 21:39:15 »
potato chip picture =D

(Attachment Link)
I like the look of that mini tower :thumb:

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #3323 on: Sat, 10 January 2015, 22:10:42 »
potato chip picture =D

(Attachment Link)
That build is so cute it's ridiculous. So clean.
Nice room!

Where I sit.
(Attachment Link)
That is a LOT of ear pleasure on your wall...
Glad to see my HD598 in use over the big bros though ;)

Offline danwomansan

• Also known by my real name, ********!
« Reply #3324 on: Sat, 10 January 2015, 22:44:29 »
just finished rearranging my setup

keyboard is too big for this setup and tugs my headset, think I might actually go for a smaller keyboard with a numpad for tracking when I replace this piece of crap now...
it's pronounced "danw omansen", not "dan woman san"

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #3325 on: Sat, 10 January 2015, 22:52:53 »
Show Image

keyboard is too big for this setup and tugs my headset, think I might actually go for a smaller keyboard with a numpad for tracking when I replace this piece of crap now...
Make the switch to the HHKB!

Offline danwomansan

« Reply #3326 on: Sat, 10 January 2015, 23:51:49 »
Show Image

hhkb would be horrible with an FTII-derived tracker since insert is a very important button, second most important button on the keyboard. Needing to use any sort of modifier to access it would be bad, especially when you have half a normal person's reach and weak fingers

also $354,61CAD makes it not something I can realistically ever afford

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #3327 on: Sat, 10 January 2015, 23:53:19 »
Show Image

hhkb would be horrible with an FTII-derived tracker since insert is a very important button, second most important button on the keyboard. Needing to use any sort of modifier to access it would be bad, especially when you have half a normal person's reach and weak fingers

It just looks like you are using a rubber dome :(  And what is a FTII derived tracker?

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #3328 on: Sat, 10 January 2015, 23:54:34 »
Some time tomorrow I need to get a new shot of my current setup.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline danwomansan

« Reply #3329 on: Sat, 10 January 2015, 23:59:53 »
Show Image

It just looks like you are using a rubber dome :(  And what is a FTII derived tracker?

it's rubber dome with stabilizing rods on all of the keys, no rattle and completely silent. rods also weigh down the keys enough that they make it easier to press the buttons I think, because they're rather easy. really mushy, though

and, well, it's complicated, but a tracker is a form of music sequencer that is pretty much a music spreadsheet, FTII was the "big one" from the early 90s that changed everything, and almost all trackers nowadays are based on the FTII way of doing things (except when they're based on the modplug way of doing things god I hate modplugtracker so much). FTII is short for FastTracker II.

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #3330 on: Sun, 11 January 2015, 00:01:30 »
Show Image

it's rubber dome with stabilizing rods on all of the keys, no rattle and completely silent. rods also weigh down the keys enough that they make it easier to press the buttons I think, because they're rather easy. really mushy, though

and, well, it's complicated, but a tracker is a form of music sequencer that is pretty much a music spreadsheet, FTII was the "big one" from the early 90s that changed everything, and almost all trackers nowadays are based on the FTII way of doing things (except when they're based on the modplug way of doing things god I hate modplugtracker so much). FTII is short for FastTracker II.
Oh, cool, hat kind of music do you make? And a TKL would work for you. I know the CM QF series is popular.

Offline danwomansan

« Reply #3331 on: Sun, 11 January 2015, 00:05:33 »
Show Image

Oh, cool, hat kind of music do you make? And a TKL would work for you. I know the CM QF series is popular.

I make a variety of kinds of music, all in the substyle of them popular in the tracker music scene. Lately I've been making a large amount of video game electronic music using entirely destructive resynthesis, but I'm known by people who know me more for my metal and confusingly-relaxing pure-vg

Offline hoz

• 60% is more than enough.
« Reply #3332 on: Sun, 11 January 2015, 03:51:10 »
my cramped setup, luckily it's temporary.
main had to move in here since the livingroom floor cracked when i got the sub, the combination of weight and vibrations got too much for the poor old wooden floor, i guess our dry climate didn't help :P

one 40% and seven 60%'s

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3333 on: Sun, 11 January 2015, 04:47:19 »
main had to move in here since the livingroom floor cracked when i got the sub, the combination of weight and vibrations got too much for the poor old wooden floor, i guess our dry climate didn't help :P
Show Image

Show Image

Welcome to Geekhack!

That's quite a setup you have there :)

That smaller screen to the left of the keyboard - is it a tablet in a fancy holder, or something like a small automotive touch screen?

Offline MessyCaps

• Stressed out cap maker taking a break :S
« Reply #3334 on: Sun, 11 January 2015, 05:03:27 »
Show Image

Show Image

Nice setup. Mine is much more cramped than that so think yourself lucky!

Offline hoz

• 60% is more than enough.
« Reply #3335 on: Sun, 11 January 2015, 06:01:53 »
Show Image

Show Image

Nice setup. Mine is much more cramped than that so think yourself lucky!

heh, well i'm not used to have this little room for activites! :P

Show Image

Show Image

Welcome to Geekhack!

That's quite a setup you have there :)

That smaller screen to the left of the keyboard - is it a tablet in a fancy holder, or something like a small automotive touch screen?

Thanks!
It's an Adafruit 7" 1280x800 IPS monitor, 5-12v, no touch input :)
one 40% and seven 60%'s

Offline viskin

« Reply #3336 on: Sun, 18 January 2015, 12:56:54 »
I am seeing a trending theme of setups that make me jealous and the steelseries QCK.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #3337 on: Sun, 18 January 2015, 22:35:50 »
Finally figured out how to tweak my monitor arms to rotate more than 180deg for better stability (no more wobbles, yay!)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3338 on: Mon, 19 January 2015, 04:05:07 »
Finally figured out how to tweak my monitor arms to rotate more than 180deg for better stability (no more wobbles, yay!)

Show Image

You're going to need a bigger desk soon :p

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #3339 on: Mon, 19 January 2015, 11:23:10 »

Yeah, probably. It's my work desk, a SteelCase series 5. I'm due for a hardware refresh in a couple months, so I might be able to swing a larger size desk. But honestly I actually like mounting the arms to the edges instead of the back. It gives the monitors much more stability.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #3340 on: Mon, 19 January 2015, 16:20:36 »

Show Image

man I need to get a triple monitor set up

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3341 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 16:09:55 »

Yeah, probably. It's my work desk, a SteelCase series 5. I'm due for a hardware refresh in a couple months, so I might be able to swing a larger size desk. But honestly I actually like mounting the arms to the edges instead of the back. It gives the monitors much more stability.

I imagine mounting monitors like that would add to stability.  I've never really trusted those monitor arms :))

I guess I'd only really be happy if they were mounted to the wall!

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #3342 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 01:26:08 »
I've thought about mounting them to the wall. That gets real expensive real fast though in the 30" range.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3343 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 03:02:56 »
I've thought about mounting them to the wall. That gets real expensive real fast though in the 30" range.

Wall-mounted is also problematic if you want to move the desk to another place in the room :))

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #3344 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 01:48:25 »
x-post but haven't posted my setup in awhile :D

What's in front of me right now! ERGONOMIC!

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #3345 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 03:16:49 »

Show Image

Got to get me a wood desk one day.  Looking good  :)
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #3346 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 03:25:16 »

Show Image

Thanks, broski!

You definitely should get a wooden desk! My dad made this one for me 15+ years ago. Going strong! Definitely one of my most treasured possessions.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3347 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 04:39:23 »

Show Image

Thanks, broski!

You definitely should get a wooden desk! My dad made this one for me 15+ years ago. Going strong! Definitely one of my most treasured possessions.

You dont game? (assuming you use that kensington)
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #3348 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 04:48:20 »
You dont game? (assuming you use that kensington)

I game! What you don't see on the side is the Logitech G400 and G500, which is also hooked up and ready to go :D Of course, I move the Slimblade out of the way when I game :P I also don't use the HHKB for gaming :P Have a TKL keyboard hooked up on the side too for whenever I game (87UB or Filco).

Offline gholen

« Reply #3349 on: Sat, 24 January 2015, 08:47:39 »

Main view.
My place to feel at home, to relax and to do ALL the internet or just watch some anime.

Soldering, repairs and arduinocoding happens here.

I will tell you this about this setup. Make damn sure I have shed both blood, tears, sweat and grunts for this. I think I may or may not have gotten a concussion from banging my head under the desk during setup too :)
Among things to know is that I used some 500+ zipties, and about a meter of velcro-tape.
Am I happy about it? Indeed.