Author Topic: [IC] BUGER.WORKS & HAMMER CRP C64 KEYCAP SET - Round 2/ Update 15/08  (Read 12424 times)

Offline Lewis_Lyron

Update 15th August

Group Buy is Live now !

You can joint the group buy via:
Mod edit: no selling in IC

And Good News !

The R2 1.75u backspace is finally added.

Hope you guys love it.
Peace.
See you next time.

Update 4th August:

SAMPLE HERE

comparison with R1’s color

We chose this one (No.5) from 6 color samples that HAMMER sent.
Hard to describe this color, it's kind like Noodler's blue-black ink.
Naturlly, there is a color difference between the picture and the real object, just for reference only.

And, one more thing. Anyone who purchase an alpha/C64 alpha + TKL kit, will get a gift for free. It looks like this.

That's all, thanks ;D

Hi, there.
This is Lewis form BUGER.WORKS

It has been a while since C64 Round 1 came to delivery. Do you guys like it?

After several months preparing, C64 Round 2 is now on its way !

Info for you:

Name:C64 ROUND2

Manufacture:HAMMER CRP

Designer:BUGER.WORK

Material:PBT Plastic

Production Method: Dye-sublimated

The color of characters has been changed,using deeper and less saturated violet blue than R1’s. Background color is the same with R1.

To start with, I gonna show you the overall effect picture.

SHOWING  HERE!

On classic keyboards

On a modern keyboard

The key set has been optimized as well. Mac and vertical F kits are no longer available. Meanwhile,40’s and optimized Pad kits are added.

Attached, there're also 2 deskmats along with this GB.

Deskmat Dark

Deskmat Light

Group buy time: TBD, should be middle of August

You can joint the group buy via:

United States: https://drop.com/home

Canada:https://store.syruplabs.ca

Australia:https://dailyclack.com/

Korea: https://www.monstar.co.kr/

Singapore:https://hexkeyboards.com/

United Kingdom:https://prototypist.net/

Europe:https://mykeyboard.eu/

China:BUGER淘宝店

Due to the difficulty of side dye-sublimation and to ensure the quality,
the manufacturing period still be 5 months after group buy ends.

Please feel free to ask me if you have any question.
Hope you guys like it and have a nice day (or dream perhaps :D)

Best regards.
Lewis Liu
1st, August, 2022
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 August 2022, 10:00:17 by user 18 »
eat an enter

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
Re: [IC] BUGER.WORKS & HAMMER CRP C64 KEYCAP SET - Round 2
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 01 August 2022, 01:32:43 »
Looks fantastic! Been waiting for 40's support with CRP, however please consider an r2 1.75u Backspace key for the 40s kit as it's a very common key used in 40s keyboards, started initially with The Van keyboards, and further expanding into many more customs that have ran such as Pegasus, mb44, Viscious40, Oceanographer, and many, many more.

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 01 August 2022, 01:34:34 »
As kokaloo already said, the 40s kit could use a little work. You have 1.5u enter which goes with 1.75u backspace (which isn't present) and 1.5u backspace, which goes with 1.25u enter (which isn't present).

You also don't really need 1.5u and 1.75u fn, just 1u and 1.25u fn on R3.

Offline sagarsiddhpura

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 01 August 2022, 01:34:54 »
Why is this in IC section when you dont even have an IC form? As much as I love this keyset, it looks like everything is final and its just advertising at this point.

Offline Lewis_Lyron

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 01 August 2022, 01:50:50 »
Looks fantastic! Been waiting for 40's support with CRP, however please consider an r2 1.75u Backspace key for the 40s kit as it's a very common key used in 40s keyboards, started initially with The Van keyboards, and further expanding into many more customs that have ran such as Pegasus, mb44, Viscious40, Oceanographer, and many, many more.

I see, but Hammer does not have this 1.75u mould. So... thanks for your advise though.
eat an enter

Offline IBMweMissU

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 01 August 2022, 02:01:35 »
R5 bottom row kit? At least Tsangan + Numpad? And maybe a 1.5u R2 Delete key?

Offline Lewis_Lyron

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 01 August 2022, 02:05:36 »
Why is this in IC section when you dont even have an IC form? As much as I love this keyset, it looks like everything is final and its just advertising at this point.
This is the Round 2 so many of pre-works have been solved in R1.
eat an enter

Offline white_rabbit

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 01 August 2022, 02:23:27 »
As mentioned by a previous user, since you have R3 1.5U Enter and 1.75U Enter, you can remove R3 1.5U Fn and 1.75U Fn in favor of other keys.

If the R2 1.75U mould does not exist and cannot be made, that's very unfortunate because you will be excluding the option to use this set on a significant amount of 40% keyboards - and I can't think of anything that would utilize the R3 1.5U Enter key without the R2 1.75U Backspace.

However since the R3 1.25U mould exists already, you could include a R3 1.25U Enter to add support for 12.5U 40% keyboards. (Such as the Dimple, UT47, Humble40 to name a few).

Also, in the spacebars kit, a 1.75U is usually offered in pairs to support a specific bottom row layout of the JD45 (and the more modern Phoenix45, as well as a few more niche keyboard layouts), either include both 1.75U spacebars or none. A second 2U spacebar also would be helpful for many other layouts.
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 August 2022, 02:37:37 by white_rabbit »

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 01 August 2022, 02:44:58 »

I see, but Hammer does not have this 1.75u mould. So... thanks for your advise though.

pretty weird to make a r3 1.5u mould but not a r2 1.75u mould, as they're literally only used together. really hurts 40s support.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 01 August 2022, 03:06:49 »
Why not black legends? Those blue in r1 were terrible.
I hope this darker blue will be better...
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline nargacuga

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 01 August 2022, 07:29:13 »
No R2 1.75u? so sad that i should skip this again

Offline bandits1

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 01 August 2022, 08:19:49 »
I need that Mac kit.

Offline YeremyJJ

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 01 August 2022, 09:07:41 »
Please address the feedbacks on 40s kit and add 1.75u R2 backspace and 1.25u R3 enter.  Will for sure cop the set with 40s kitting addressed!

Offline ankit

• Formerly ankit-sachdeva
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 01 August 2022, 09:58:02 »
Consider a better US vendor.
collection:
More
  Daal, Emp Mini, HHKB x5, Horsey, Prophet, RS60, Seis Cero, Unikorn, Pixy Mini

Offline ABlazinBlueToe

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 01 August 2022, 10:15:17 »
As others have said, will only consider supporting with better 40s kitting

Offline PeppyToad

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 01 August 2022, 12:22:42 »
Please consider moving the rest of the punctuation keys from the TKL kit into the alphas kits. This way, one can outfit two boards by buying two alphas, TKL mods, 40s mods, and spacebars. Yes, even 40s use some punctuation keys.

Consider doing 2x 1.75u and 2x 2u in the spacebars kit, but please don't drop them if it's not possible to do so. That way we still have the option to buy two kits instead of having none at all. (Like I did with CRP R4, massive copium).

And yes, a 40s user would need to buy these many kits just to get good or even minimum coverage: alphas, TKL mods (punctuation, bottom row mods, shifts etc), 40s mods, and optionally, between 0-2 spacebar kits. Please consider that when assessing sales performance in that area.

Also 1.75u Shift is in the TKL kit but the 1u Fn key seems to be in the other mods kit. They pretty much have to go together. Otherwise the TKL kit plus alphas just by themselves will exclude pretty much the most popular if not the defacto right shift configuration for 60s these days. TKLs, 65s, etc seem to be covered though.

That aside, I love CRP and I welcome 40s support in one of my favorite keycap manus. Good luck!
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 August 2022, 12:31:30 by PeppyToad »

Offline Lewis_Lyron

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 01 August 2022, 20:52:09 »
Consider a better US vendor.
Only if there is a better option……
eat an enter

Offline vhaarr

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 02 August 2022, 01:30:27 »
Oh man this looks so good. I am a bit worried about the strange kitting that others have gone into.

But for me, the main issue is lack of NorDeUK.

Not that I need the lettering on the keys at all, but if they're there at all they should at least be correct for the base layer.
Let the Holy Handgrenades rain.
Hammering on an old Happy Hacking Pro 2. Still going strong!

Offline LMarci

« Reply #18 on: Tue, 02 August 2022, 07:09:11 »
 :thumb:

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 02 August 2022, 07:46:22 »
yes

Offline DaaDaa

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 02 August 2022, 13:07:40 »
Drop is better than all other vendors. Thank you for choosing a trustworthy vendor . Please stay with drop. Stay away from mekibo, nk, ck, and similar  bad support vendors
piggy60 red upgraded PVD w/ GMK umka zaku | tiramisuit w/ GMK noire JWK silk emerald | mr.suit black/chrome glossy chamfers w/ GMK minimal cow POM stem | jelly epoch w/ SA oblivion zaku | mode80 deco w/ gmk boneyard alpaca | mode 80 imperial with ePBT origami alpaca| MODE80 viridian /w CRP boba LT | RAMA thermal kuro w/ GMK muted 2 pewter | BBox60 C64 wih marshmellows and c64 keycaps | MODE Sonnet green /w MW voynich gateron ink box pink

Offline hottnucks

« Reply #21 on: Tue, 02 August 2022, 21:01:19 »
Drop is better than all other vendors. Thank you for choosing a trustworthy vendor . Please stay with drop. Stay away from mekibo, nk, ck, and similar  bad support vendors
This is sarcasm, right?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 02 August 2022, 21:18:50 »
This is sarcasm, right?

for foreign buyers drop has very good support, which most other NA vendors do not. and they're easy to work with compared to many other vendors, which explains hammer's consistent choice to keep using them.

there are other reasons i can't get into, but drop is, at the very least, not as terrible as they used to be.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline phinix

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 03 August 2022, 03:01:47 »
Yep, I like Drop. They always ship fast to me (UK), when I had problem with missing item, they reacted very quickly sending me one. Any issues they tend to respond in max 2 days. I've bought many things from Drop and I'm 100% happy with their service.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline DaaDaa

« Reply #24 on: Wed, 03 August 2022, 06:13:02 »
Yep, I like Drop. They always ship fast to me (UK), when I had problem with missing item, they reacted very quickly sending me one. Any issues they tend to respond in max 2 days. I've bought many things from Drop and I'm 100% happy with their service.

Drop is the only vendor who actually lets you cancel when an GB misses deadline.
NK is months and months late for salvationm60 and not even an email
my spacebar is warped on cherry notion and NK refused wny help
drop lets you return anything for any reason
drop lets you cancel with no fee
cannonkeys charged me 5% when i wantred to cancel an order for as GB that was late
mekibo is the worst of them all. i dont even join a GB that i want to join if its mekibo. the guy thinks he is doing you a favor by taking you money. i guess he got that idea when he got losers like some people here as customers who really polish his artisan with their mouth for no reason :D I call them COL (community of losers)
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 August 2022, 06:50:14 by DaaDaa »
piggy60 red upgraded PVD w/ GMK umka zaku | tiramisuit w/ GMK noire JWK silk emerald | mr.suit black/chrome glossy chamfers w/ GMK minimal cow POM stem | jelly epoch w/ SA oblivion zaku | mode80 deco w/ gmk boneyard alpaca | mode 80 imperial with ePBT origami alpaca| MODE80 viridian /w CRP boba LT | RAMA thermal kuro w/ GMK muted 2 pewter | BBox60 C64 wih marshmellows and c64 keycaps | MODE Sonnet green /w MW voynich gateron ink box pink

Offline Maskar

Re: [IC] BUGER.WORKS & HAMMER CRP C64 KEYCAP SET - Round 2/ Update 04/08
« Reply #25 on: Fri, 05 August 2022, 03:33:54 »
I much like the legends over the ones used in round 1, which were way too blue imo. However, I personally think they would look even better when they're fully black.

Offline phinix

« Reply #26 on: Fri, 05 August 2022, 05:55:24 »
oh, that's much better :D

Offline ZippoW2905

« Reply #27 on: Sun, 07 August 2022, 01:36:26 »
Hi! I'm really looking forward to the group-buy!

One question: what kind of surface do the deskmats have? Rough or smooth surface?

Offline Lewis_Lyron

« Reply #28 on: Sun, 07 August 2022, 21:59:49 »
Hi! I'm really looking forward to the group-buy!

One question: what kind of surface do the deskmats have? Rough or smooth surface?

It's disorderly grain surface, looks kinda rough but feels smooth when you move the mouse.
eat an enter

Offline ZippoW2905

Re: [IC] BUGER.WORKS & HAMMER CRP C64 KEYCAP SET - Round 2/ Update 14/08
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 15 August 2022, 22:25:44 »
The GB has not opened for EU yet (mykeyboard.eu). Is it still happening or already cancelled?

Offline Lewis_Lyron

Re: [IC] BUGER.WORKS & HAMMER CRP C64 KEYCAP SET - Round 2/ Update 14/08
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 15 August 2022, 22:32:12 »
The GB has not opened for EU yet (mykeyboard.eu). Is it still happening or already cancelled?
No idea. But guess all we can do is wait.
eat an enter

Offline Lewis_Lyron

« Reply #31 on: Tue, 16 August 2022, 05:25:42 »
As kokaloo already said, the 40s kit could use a little work. You have 1.5u enter which goes with 1.75u backspace (which isn't present) and 1.5u backspace, which goes with 1.25u enter (which isn't present).

As mentioned by a previous user, since you have R3 1.5U Enter and 1.75U Enter, you can remove R3 1.5U Fn and 1.75U Fn in favor of other keys.

If the R2 1.75U mould does not exist and cannot be made, that's very unfortunate because you will be excluding the option to use this set on a significant amount of 40% keyboards - and I can't think of anything that would utilize the R3 1.5U Enter key without the R2 1.75U Backspace.

However since the R3 1.25U mould exists already, you could include a R3 1.25U Enter to add support for 12.5U 40% keyboards. (Such as the Dimple, UT47, Humble40 to name a few).

Also, in the spacebars kit, a 1.75U is usually offered in pairs to support a specific bottom row layout of the JD45 (and the more modern Phoenix45, as well as a few more niche keyboard layouts), either include both 1.75U spacebars or none. A second 2U spacebar also would be helpful for many other layouts.

R2 1.75u backspace is added to 40 kit now :D
eat an enter

Offline ABlazinBlueToe

« Reply #32 on: Tue, 16 August 2022, 11:06:11 »

Awesome, glad to hear it!

Offline white_rabbit

« Reply #33 on: Tue, 16 August 2022, 14:44:32 »

Awesome! That's a real game changer!

Any chance you could swap that R3 1.25U Fn to an Enter key with the green icon to match with the rest of the set's theme?  ;D

Offline Xemnova

Re: [IC] BUGER.WORKS & HAMMER CRP C64 KEYCAP SET - Round 2/ Update 15/08
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 07 September 2022, 18:59:47 »
Were scooped Homing Keys actually removed? Or did they just get forgotten on the renders (since R1 had scooped homing keys available in the alphas kits)