Author Topic: [IC] The TK78, a custom 78 Key 60% + numpad keyboard  (Read 78943 times)

Offline Lobosmoose

Re: [IC] The TK78, a custom 78 Key 60% + numpad keyboard
« Reply #200 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 03:12:20 »
Not sure if it's already been mentioned or its to late in production to change, but why not get rid of the gap in-between the numpad and the modifiers? Might be something to do with the PCB design having restrictions but that gap is a deal breaker for me.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #201 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 20:45:13 »
It's been a little while since there's been any update here? Care to let us know where this project currently is? I'd love to get my hands on a new projects board soon and I'm hoping that this'll be it.

Offline w00zie

« Reply #202 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 20:05:06 »
This would be the perfect work keyboard. Bring this back to life

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #203 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 21:36:20 »
This would be the perfect work keyboard. Bring this back to life

I agree. Perfect work *from home* board ;)

Offline skullydazed

• * Vendor
  • Had to turn PM's off. Email info@clueboard.co!
    • Clueboard
« Reply #204 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 19:23:32 »
It's been a little while since there's been any update here? Care to let us know where this project currently is? I'd love to get my hands on a new projects board soon and I'm hoping that this'll be it.

I just received the latest batch of prototypes from the assembly house. I had to correct a couple small problems that may have been the assembler not looking closely enough or may have been silkscreens that were too confusing (I will be making them more clear for the next revision in either case) but otherwise these boards are looking pretty good. I've got 5 in hand and will be sending 3 of them to doodersbrothers for testing and validation.

Offline w00zie

« Reply #205 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 19:35:10 »

I just received the latest batch of prototypes from the assembly house. I had to correct a couple small problems that may have been the assembler not looking closely enough or may have been silkscreens that were too confusing (I will be making them more clear for the next revision in either case) but otherwise these boards are looking pretty good. I've got 5 in hand and will be sending 3 of them to doodersbrothers for testing and validation.

Show Image

Thanks for taking this project on. I will (try to) patiently wait for this.  :)

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #206 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 19:41:11 »

Show Image

Wonderful! Great to see some forward motion here! Thanks for the update.

Offline mogo

• handshoes and horse grenades
« Reply #207 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 20:37:23 »
Yeah! It's hard to be patient but we appreciate updates like this. :D

Offline punkpc

« Reply #208 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 11:41:51 »
This project is looking great! Can't wait!  :thumb:

Offline alexjd99

• oozing through the cells of one's own construction
« Reply #209 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 22:44:43 »
So since it looks like the PCB will support it, the plate will support some alt options like 1u+1u backspace and 1.75u+1u shift?

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #210 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 01:35:04 »
Oh man, only saw this now. This tickles my fancy! I do love me a compact keyboard, but I miss my numpad.
pls gief bbv2

Offline nguyenkimtam

• Shin
« Reply #211 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 11:57:31 »
Great layout  :p

Offline TurtleHat

« Reply #212 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 14:47:11 »
I'm definitely interested in getting myself one of these. I look forward to seeing more developments.

Offline nevaenuf

« Reply #213 on: Thu, 03 March 2016, 19:30:31 »
i really want one.  If there's a list to be added to, please add me!

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #214 on: Sun, 06 March 2016, 20:52:09 »
Any update here? Still waiting patiently.

Offline THSdrummer

• HKP hunter. Need moar.
« Reply #215 on: Tue, 15 March 2016, 18:16:43 »
Hey,

I know I'm checking in off and on, but I really don't want to miss this. I'd like to get a work keyboard by the time I start in June/July, so hoping this is taking off sometime soon-ish. Either way, I'd still like to jump on board. I might be able to write the occasion off to be a RGB Pok3r, but I could really use a numpad.

I can imagine it's been hard work locking everything down and testing it. I greatly appreciate the hard work. Just hoping to hear some sort of update :)

Leopold FC660m  CM Stealth TKL

WTB: ^^ (O-Zone Bro V2), Drunk Skull, Oktoberfest, Laser/Poison/Woodland HKPs, G1 HKP Gas Masks
MY CLASSIFIEDS THREAD

Offline doodersbrother

« Reply #216 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 13:22:08 »
At this point I believe that we are only waiting on the final case prototype to show up  :thumb: Group buy should hopefully launch pretty quick after everything is completely finalized.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #217 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 15:09:55 »
At this point I believe that we are only waiting on the final case prototype to show up  :thumb: Group buy should hopefully launch pretty quick after everything is completely finalized.

Fantastic! :thumb:

Offline Atredl

[IC] The TK78, a custom 78 Key 60% + numpad keyboard
« Reply #218 on: Fri, 18 March 2016, 00:48:42 »
Hopefully this buy happens soon :) I'd also like to express my interest for a turquoise case/plate option. I need a turquoise keyboard in my life. :cool:

Offline doodersbrother

« Reply #219 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 23:09:57 »
Update time! The case prototype has come in, everything fits and the board is ready to go. Here is a link to pictures of the prototype https://imgur.com/a/wHExd. The group buy should be launching soon :D

Offline alexjd99

« Reply #220 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 23:10:58 »
Update time! The case prototype has come in, everything fits and the board is ready to go. Here is a link to pictures of the prototype https://imgur.com/a/wHExd. The group buy should be launching soon :D

Hype! I already picked up some Zeals for this build. Can't wait for it!

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #221 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 06:14:38 »
Awwyeaa, this is looking good!

Offline mogo

« Reply #222 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 11:14:53 »

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #223 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 16:30:17 »
cant wait for this board... so much perfect contained in such a small package.
-Dana

Offline Willyc277

« Reply #224 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 20:55:53 »
Damn, that case looks FLAWLESS for a prototype! Very very impressed!

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #225 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 22:47:16 »
So, do we know what the color options are going to be yet? Or is this still undecided?

Offline mogo

« Reply #226 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 09:07:31 »
Woke up and saw this kit on Massdrop, Sentrak TK78. Comparing the pictures with doodersbrother's album https://imgur.com/a/wHExd this appears to be the their kit. And I'm a bit miffed that I have to buy the whole kit when I already have switches, caps, LEDs, and even a custom case design in the works. :/

Offline joey

« Reply #227 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 09:09:24 »
You might be able to grab one of the prototype PCBs..

Offline mogo

« Reply #228 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 09:15:21 »
I would love that, but skully and dood mentioned problems in some of their boards. As long as they aren't functional problems, I'd put down some cash...

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #229 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 09:16:30 »
Woo, finally live. I'll probably pick a set up. Black case, purple plate and Gateron blues?

Offline THSdrummer

• HKP hunter. Need moar.
« Reply #230 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 11:05:15 »
Awww, no MX clear switch options? Anyway to opt out of any switches then? I was really thinking about going with Zealios and making it my dream board.

Still, plan on picking it up. My start date at my work is June 27th for orientation, 28th for the office. Hope to have it all by then!

Also, can we see colors? I like the sounds of cyan, but just want to make sure we're on the same wavelength as to how it looks.

WTB: ^^ (O-Zone Bro V2), Drunk Skull, Oktoberfest, Laser/Poison/Woodland HKPs, G1 HKP Gas Masks
MY CLASSIFIEDS THREAD

Offline Saiph

« Reply #231 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 11:13:34 »
Awww, no MX clear switch options? Anyway to opt out of any switches then? I was really thinking about going with Zealios and making it my dream board.

Still, plan on picking it up. My start date at my work is June 27th for orientation, 28th for the office. Hope to have it all by then!

Also, can we see colors? I like the sounds of cyan, but just want to make sure we're on the same wavelength as to how it looks.

The post on reddit mentioned that they'll add an option to opt out of switches and keycaps. https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/4fhl16/gb_tk78_mechanical_keyboard_kit_now_available/d28u3hs

Offline mogo

« Reply #232 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 11:48:12 »
Thank the lawd. Fingers crossed for opting out of the case as well <_<

Offline alexjd99

« Reply #233 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 17:29:29 »
This is pretty disappointing, no option for just PCB plate and case? I got zeal switches for this buy already and have more than enough caps for it.

I was pretty hyped for this, but now I'm not really feelin it  :(

EDIT: ITT I learn to read the rest of the thread before getting my pitchfork

Offline THSdrummer

• HKP hunter. Need moar.
« Reply #234 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 18:33:01 »

The post on reddit mentioned that they'll add an option to opt out of switches and keycaps. https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/4fhl16/gb_tk78_mechanical_keyboard_kit_now_available/d28u3hs

You da best. It's been a while since I've wandered onto /r/MK. I randomly check here every few weeks for any updates on this. Glad I checked when I did :)

MY CLASSIFIEDS THREAD

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #235 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 22:30:37 »

Thanks for the link. As soon as I can drop keycaps and possibly leds I'm in!

Offline alexjd99

« Reply #236 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 22:23:25 »
So if for whatever reason this drop doesn't reach MOQ on MD, will it be run independently? I'm going to be joining the drop in a day or two, but I'll be pretty bummed if it doesn't reach MOQ and isn't run independently 

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #237 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 22:26:07 »
So if for whatever reason this drop doesn't reach MOQ on MD, will it be run independently? I'm going to be joining the drop in a day or two, but I'll be pretty bummed if it doesn't reach MOQ and isn't run independently

From what I saw over on reddit it seems like a bunch of people are waiting until they allow you to not purchase keycaps, switches, and leds. But yea, I've been waiting for this for a while, so I too will be pretty bummed if this doesn't drop.

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #238 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 06:24:49 »
Will this board still be available somewhere after the drop ends? Or maybe another drop around the same time Zealios round 3 will be :D?
I really want one, but can't really afford one right now. Especially with customs fees the price will be brutal for me.

Offline Saiph

« Reply #239 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 09:19:22 »
The barebone kit option(no keycaps, switches, or leds) is up now. You only save $30 from choosing it though.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #240 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 09:40:36 »
The barebone kit option(no keycaps, switches, or leds) is up now. You only save $30 from choosing it though.

Honestly I'm kinda disappointed with the barebones option. The only thing I don't want is the keycaps. But it doesn't makes sense to source my own switches just to pass on the keycaps.

Offline Saiph

« Reply #241 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 10:23:41 »

Honestly I'm kinda disappointed with the barebones option. The only thing I don't want is the keycaps. But it doesn't makes sense to source my own switches just to pass on the keycaps.
Ya, as long as they have your switch type it would be much more expensive to opt into the barebone kit just to avoid the keycaps.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #242 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 10:50:06 »

Ya, as long as they have your switch type it would be much more expensive to opt into the barebone kit just to avoid the keycaps.

Yea I know. That's what annoyes me about it. I know I'm paying for keycaps that I'll never use.

Offline mogo

« Reply #243 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 17:08:08 »
So, for the case and PCB, it's still $218.24 after tax. Yeezus. This is why I just wanted the PCB. Though, looking at how little the switches, caps, and LEDs reduced it I wonder if the PCB alone would come into range of what I can afford. This is a bummer, but I still really love this project, this board form factor,  and I want to support the makers. I'll be fighting back and forth for the duration of this drop on whether to put down 220 clams for a PCB...

Offline alexjd99

« Reply #244 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 17:13:20 »
So, for the case and PCB, it's still $218.24 after tax. Yeezus. This is why I just wanted the PCB. Though, looking at how little the switches, caps, and LEDs reduced it I wonder if the PCB alone would come into range of what I can afford. This is a bummer, but I still really love this project, this board form factor,  and I want to support the makers. I'll be fighting back and forth for the duration of this drop on whether to put down 220 clams for a PCB...

220 is a pretty hefty price tag, especially since MD also charges $16 for taxes. I think it may be better to just wait for Duck's trinity gb whenever that's going to happen. Very similar layout, and you get a much heftier build for around the same price.

Offline mogo

« Reply #245 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 19:08:39 »
Do you have a link to that?
nvm i remembered I know how to use the search function.
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 April 2016, 19:11:34 by mogo »

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #246 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 19:26:12 »

220 is a pretty hefty price tag, especially since MD also charges $16 for taxes. I think it may be better to just wait for Duck's trinity gb whenever that's going to happen. Very similar layout, and you get a much heftier build for around the same price.

Yea, it kind of sucks living in one of the two states that they have warehouses in.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #247 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 22:19:56 »
Do we know what's going to happen when the MD doesn't go through? I really want this board!

Offline alexjd99

« Reply #248 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 22:33:29 »
Do we know what's going to happen when the MD doesn't go through? I really want this board!

I have no idea. I'm hoping it will go through, but it's looking pretty bleak right about now. I was really hyped for this when it finally dropped, but when I found out it was on massdrop I was less than happy (since they charge ridiculous markups and gb fees, and most of Massdrop's buyers probably aren't the kind to pay for expensive customs).

I would think after all the work that was put into this it would be run no matter what, but that's just my guess.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #249 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 22:37:19 »

I have no idea. I'm hoping it will go through, but it's looking pretty bleak right about now. I was really hyped for this when it finally dropped, but when I found out it was on massdrop I was less than happy (since they charge ridiculous markups and gb fees, and most of Massdrop's buyers probably aren't the kind to pay for expensive customs).

I would think after all the work that was put into this it would be run no matter what, but that's just my guess.

I tend to agree with you on that. I always like ordering through MD because I continue to have positive experiences with them. However, you're definitely right about paying the premium for it, and having to pay tax (depending on what state you're in). If it doesn't drop, I really hope that it runs independently as I've been waiting for this board for quite a while.