Author Topic: Not-So-Great Finds  (Read 302245 times)

Offline jacethesaltsculptor

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
Re: Not-So-Great Finds
« Reply #400 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 21:46:36 »
You've already got every reason to be rid of it. What do they need to message you on Facebook, of all things, for? lol

Because my old family is old, and they don't want to change, and it was pulling teeth to get them even on this, nevermind email, or anything else.  :'(

Also it's minimal maintenance and time to just leave it and login once a month and check it.

Unicomp M122 - Unicomp Classic Trackball - IBM Model M13 - IBM Model F122 - IBM Model F Bigfoot - IBM Model F AT - Ducky Shine 3 Yellow

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 January 2020, 13:49:45 by jacethesaltsculptor »

Unicomp M122 - Unicomp Classic Trackball - IBM Model M13 - IBM Model F122 - IBM Model F Bigfoot - IBM Model F AT - Ducky Shine 3 Yellow

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #403 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 14:02:12 »
I have encountered a lot of people who hear the title and think that they know what is inside.

It is an easy read that is well worth it. I strongly recommend it.
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #404 on: Tue, 04 February 2020, 15:13:41 »
Anybody up for paying new Model F prices for a run-of-the-mill Model M with some ratty old foam?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Rare-IBM-Model-M-1391580-Clicky-Buckling-Keyboard-1987-Original-Package-SFC/273997794361?hash=item3fcb8a8c39:g:NyAAAOSw7Yhdcx0B:sc:USPSPriority!53090!US!-1

There were quite a few Model Ms up there priced with the random F XTs that nobody wants already. There's even one thrown up in front of an old IBM 5150, probably to try to make people think it is older than it is.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #405 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 10:52:47 »
F AT with no badge at all for $350 anybody? lol

VERY RAREgreat IBM Model F AT 84 Key keyboard , Buckling Spring Clicky keyboard

It is "VERY RAREgreat" afterall.

Mod edit: fixed link so I could click it
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 March 2020, 11:54:39 by suicidal_orange »

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #406 on: Sun, 15 March 2020, 11:58:47 »
F AT with no badge at all for $350 anybody? lol

VERY RAREgreat IBM Model F AT 84 Key keyboard , Buckling Spring Clicky keyboard

It is "VERY RAREgreat" afterall.

Mod edit: fixed link so I could click it

Was half expecting 'no badge' to be a selling point but at least it wasn't.  It does look nice and clean...

And for something completely different, just what everyone needs:  a bicycle 'mustache' :))
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #407 on: Sun, 15 March 2020, 23:36:59 »
Was half expecting 'no badge' to be a selling point but at least it wasn't.  It does look nice and clean...

And for something completely different, just what everyone needs:  a bicycle 'mustache' :))

I broke the link? Sorry about that. I tweak/hack up the tags too much and don't always check to make sure everything is formatted correctly.

That's actually kind of awesome. Almost makes you want to also get a handlebar-mounted mirror to try to mount a monocle to as well.

Offline OldIsNew

« Reply #408 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 09:12:54 »
From the same seller:

238039-0

Just buy them all and put it back together!

I have one of these keyboards and do think it is pretty cool - but I wouldn't pay more than $30 - 40 for one in one piece.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #409 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 20:54:47 »
Must be a recycling facility guy that's got no stake in the company. From what I heard from a place I got a bunch of keyboards from, they've got some guys that are paid a percentage of their Ebay sales, and they basically don't bother at all unless they think they can make a decent buck. Just slap stuff up for stupid prices with wishful thinking.

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #410 on: Thu, 26 March 2020, 00:01:43 »
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 March 2020, 00:36:29 by jacethesaltsculptor »

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #411 on: Thu, 26 March 2020, 00:03:05 »
Anybody up for paying new Model F prices for a run-of-the-mill Model M with some ratty old foam?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Rare-IBM-Model-M-1391580-Clicky-Buckling-Keyboard-1987-Original-Package-SFC/273997794361?hash=item3fcb8a8c39:g:NyAAAOSw7Yhdcx0B:sc:USPSPriority!53090!US!-1

There were quite a few Model Ms up there priced with the random F XTs that nobody wants already. There's even one thrown up in front of an old IBM 5150, probably to try to make people think it is older than it is.

That model M better type for me at that price.

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #412 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 13:21:41 »
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-IBM-Model-F-Clicky-Key-Mechanical-Keyboard-6110345-1985-AS-IS/293526716962?hash=item44578e4222:g:-kkAAOSwqFVefhj1

As the F122 gets more popular this late in it's life, people seem to be getting the idea that you can sell them for half a grand. I'm sure the price will creep up there, but you can get a good one for around 300 bucks still as of 2020. If you are patient.

I'm sure in some years I'll be eating these words, but seeing postings like this show me that you gotta be REALLY wanting one right now to pay that much.

The cord on it's not particularly pretty either.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #413 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 15:51:03 »

this late in it's life,

REALLY wanting one right now

They're not going to become more plentiful.

PS - re-coiling a cable is pretty easy

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #414 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 17:21:43 »

this late in it's life,

REALLY wanting one right now

They're not going to become more plentiful.

PS - re-coiling a cable is pretty easy

Really? got a good link? I got one I'd like to recoil.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #416 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 19:38:09 »

Offline mrmola

« Reply #417 on: Tue, 31 March 2020, 00:58:35 »

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #418 on: Tue, 31 March 2020, 08:11:15 »
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Bloomberg-Terminal-Chiclet-Keyboard/223959177794

2000$ for a chiclet keyboard.

You would think it would be a brand new Apple product at that price. I bet it feels better than a Macbook Pro "keyboard" at least.

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #419 on: Tue, 31 March 2020, 09:20:36 »
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Bloomberg-Terminal-Chiclet-Keyboard/223959177794

You would think it would be a brand new Apple product at that price. I bet it feels better than a Macbook Pro "keyboard" at least.

It took courage (Keyboard courage?) to remove all sense of travel from their keyboard. So much courage that they've removed it in all the new models coming out.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #420 on: Tue, 31 March 2020, 10:16:41 »

It took courage (Keyboard courage?) to remove all sense of travel from their keyboard. So much courage that they've removed it in all the new models coming out.

As we all know, the most important thing in computing is making sure that the computer is at least as thin as a piece of paper, and have a battery that will last 20 years on a single charge. Sacrifices must be made.

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #421 on: Tue, 31 March 2020, 11:16:07 »
As we all know, the most important thing in computing is making sure that the computer is at least as thin as a piece of paper, and have a battery that will last 20 years on a single charge. Sacrifices must be made.

Comfort? Who cares when your mac boots THIS fast!

Oh to make room for more SSD, we removed the remaining ports, usb is going to be taken over by bluetooth anyway.  >:D

(I remember having a colleague who earnestly believed that, and whenever he pulled out his bluetooth connected "thumb drive" we'd benchmark it, this happened three times, and he always had an excuse for why it was going bluetooth speed, instead of you know, USB speed.)

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #422 on: Tue, 31 March 2020, 11:43:04 »

Oh to make room for more SSD, we removed the remaining ports, usb is going to be taken over by bluetooth anyway.  >:D

(I remember having a colleague who earnestly believed that, and whenever he pulled out his bluetooth connected "thumb drive" we'd benchmark it, this happened three times, and he always had an excuse for why it was going bluetooth speed, instead of you know, USB speed.)

There are bluetooth flash drives?  :eek: Why? Just why? That sounds like the worst possible application for that technology. Pairing with new devices is a pain ... and transfers. No thanks.

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #423 on: Wed, 01 April 2020, 09:17:48 »

There are bluetooth flash drives?  :eek: Why? Just why? That sounds like the worst possible application for that technology. Pairing with new devices is a pain ... and transfers. No thanks.

It didn't take off, I'm not really surprise as to why. It was meant to be connected to phones to add space, but when that space is SOOOOO SLOOOWWWWW, no-one wanted it even for that. If I recall it was like 150 something for 32 GB's around 7 years ago, which makes that price only a little less rediculous.

He had some very interesting beliefs when it came to computers, I felt like only because he just had to see the "conspiracy since of things." He loved Internet explorer over firefox, but not chrome, he was a Mac guy, who loved Powerpc, and thought the Intel craze was a temporary stop on the way to ARM. (He might be right about that.) And thought that Dvorak typing was pretentious, which didn't make sense to me, because I don't think he knew anyone who typed in Dvorak.  :(

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #424 on: Wed, 01 April 2020, 10:17:20 »

It didn't take off, I'm not really surprise as to why. It was meant to be connected to phones to add space, but when that space is SOOOOO SLOOOWWWWW, no-one wanted it even for that. If I recall it was like 150 something for 32 GB's around 7 years ago, which makes that price only a little less rediculous.

He had some very interesting beliefs when it came to computers, I felt like only because he just had to see the "conspiracy since of things." He loved Internet explorer over firefox, but not chrome, he was a Mac guy, who loved Powerpc, and thought the Intel craze was a temporary stop on the way to ARM. (He might be right about that.) And thought that Dvorak typing was pretentious, which didn't make sense to me, because I don't think he knew anyone who typed in Dvorak.  :(

He's an Apple guy, that's the only thing you had to say. lol. Those abominations they tried to pass off as storage are a solution to a problem that should never have existed. I will literally never buy a phone that doesn't have an accessible micro SD card slot. I'm not going to flush hundreds down the toilet to some greedy corporation over a few extra gigabytes of internal storage, which they have hiked in that way specifically because they can when they refuse to give you optionally upgradeable storage.

Wait, so he liked Chrome the most, Internet Explorer next, and then Firefox? I'm exactly the opposite. At least Internet Explorer didn't break itself on a daily basis, back when it was still maintained. I suppose that PowerPC had a chance of taking over once, although that was always going to be an uphill battle against X86's software support and adoption rates. I don't think Arm will ever take over though, especially if they just keep using it in tiny embedded systems. Desktop computers aren't going anywhere. Arm would need to take over the desktop and laptop market with vastly superior performance, and become fully supported by M$, or Windows would have to be supplanted by Linux. That's a lot of ifs.

He's a PPC Apple fanatic, buying nonsensical technological dead end bluetooth devices in order to work around Apple's arbitrary/greedy business practices, but Dvorak is pretentious. Alright, buddy. lol. I bet he's got 20 different dongles for his new iPhone and Macbook Pro.

I would love to meet this guy. I would have a field day.

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #425 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 10:18:35 »
He's an Apple guy, that's the only thing you had to say. lol. Those abominations they tried to pass off as storage are a solution to a problem that should never have existed. I will literally never buy a phone that doesn't have an accessible micro SD card slot. I'm not going to flush hundreds down the toilet to some greedy corporation over a few extra gigabytes of internal storage, which they have hiked in that way specifically because they can when they refuse to give you optionally upgradeable storage.

Wait, so he liked Chrome the most, Internet Explorer next, and then Firefox? I'm exactly the opposite. At least Internet Explorer didn't break itself on a daily basis, back when it was still maintained. I suppose that PowerPC had a chance of taking over once, although that was always going to be an uphill battle against X86's software support and adoption rates. I don't think Arm will ever take over though, especially if they just keep using it in tiny embedded systems. Desktop computers aren't going anywhere. Arm would need to take over the desktop and laptop market with vastly superior performance, and become fully supported by M$, or Windows would have to be supplanted by Linux. That's a lot of ifs.

He's a PPC Apple fanatic, buying nonsensical technological dead end bluetooth devices in order to work around Apple's arbitrary/greedy business practices, but Dvorak is pretentious. Alright, buddy. lol. I bet he's got 20 different dongles for his new iPhone and Macbook Pro.

I hope for your sake you never have to, he was one of those "artsy" types that went into IT, because it couldn't that hard, he used a mac everyday. Now that doesn't take away from Mac users, I've met some very capable IT's that were Mac only at home; but this guy certainly didn't help their case at all. He had stopped learning about computers YEARS ago and sat on that knowledge convinced he had learned everything, in a field that prides itself on ever-changing. He would make stupid arrogant decisions that would shoot us all in the foot, and never take responsibility (E.G. image computers in a different older method because "It just worked back then" And then pretend it was an accident to our bosses.) but he would never stop yelling if something happened that made him look bad, most of the bosses didn't want to deal with him, and none ever grew a spine to just fire the guy.

I don't miss him at all.  ;D

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #426 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 10:28:23 »

I hope for your sake you never have to, he was one of those "artsy" types that went into IT, because it couldn't that hard, he used a mac everyday. Now that doesn't take away from Mac users, I've met some very capable IT's that were Mac only at home; but this guy certainly didn't help their case at all. He had stopped learning about computers YEARS ago and sat on that knowledge convinced he had learned everything, in a field that prides itself on ever-changing. He would make stupid arrogant decisions that would shoot us all in the foot, and never take responsibility (E.G. image computers in a different older method because "It just worked back then" And then pretend it was an accident to our bosses.) but he would never stop yelling if something happened that made him look bad, most of the bosses didn't want to deal with him, and none ever grew a spine to just fire the guy.

I don't miss him at all.  ;D

Ha, I bet you don't. I don't know how people can get into IT without some flexibility.

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #427 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 14:21:20 »
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-IBM-71G4644-Model-M-keyboard-TESTED/193393555927?epid=74113138&hash=item2d072779d7:g:siUAAOSwS6ZaxBmc

Here's a rubber dome Model M for the price of a really nice mint Buckling spring model.

I mean even if you are the biggest fan of the Rubber Dome M, You can get it mint for half this price.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #428 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 14:47:58 »
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-IBM-71G4644-Model-M-keyboard-TESTED/193393555927?epid=74113138&hash=item2d072779d7:g:siUAAOSwS6ZaxBmc

Here's a rubber dome Model M for the price of a really nice mint Buckling spring model.

I mean even if you are the biggest fan of the Rubber Dome M, You can get it mint for half this price.

Are there fans of rubber dome Ms? Abominations. Kill it with fire.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #429 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 16:07:28 »

Here's a rubber dome Model M

Are there fans of rubber dome Ms?

There are times that you need a less-than-excellent keyboard (eg taking it to a workplace that is not particularly safe or clean) and these are arguably the best rubber domes out there with such a nice solid sturdy case and form. I recently spent a couple of years at a job that I did not want to take one of my "good" mechanicals to, so I used an IBM KB-8923 (in black, too, so it didn't look like a dinosaur).

A few years ago I bought RD M for about $12-$15 assuming that I could use the key caps, but I found out that they are not compatible so I sold it for what I had paid. Do note that almost everything else is interchangeable, including, if I remember correctly, case, plates, membranes, controllers, etc. You should verify that, but it does make it worthwhile to snag one if you see it for cheap.

I have a couple of 8923s and at least one Dell Quiet Key (old ones not made in China) just for "hazardous" environmental use.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #430 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 16:40:45 »

Here's a rubber dome Model M

Are there fans of rubber dome Ms?

There are times that you need a less-than-excellent keyboard (eg taking it to a workplace that is not particularly safe or clean) and these are arguably the best rubber domes out there with such a nice solid sturdy case and form. I recently spent a couple of years at a job that I did not want to take one of my "good" mechanicals to, so I used an IBM KB-8923 (in black, too, so it didn't look like a dinosaur).

A few years ago I bought RD M for about $12-$15 assuming that I could use the key caps, but I found out that they are not compatible so I sold it for what I had paid. Do note that almost everything else is interchangeable, including, if I remember correctly, case, plates, membranes, controllers, etc. You should verify that, but it does make it worthwhile to snag one if you see it for cheap.

I have a couple of 8923s and at least one Dell Quiet Key (old ones not made in China) just for "hazardous" environmental use.

I had a quiet key, for years and years. Alas, most of my ancient keyboards were liquidated before I knew anything about mechanicals, as my parents wanted them gone. I'll never know for sure if I had anything interesting.

I think I would rather get a Chinesium mechanical with Outemu blues on Amazon for $30-40 than use a rubber dome, but you do make good points. Especially in parts compatibility. If nothing else, the rubber dome Ms can be cannibalized for parts and/or utilized for case mods without harming original buckling spring cases, etc.

Personally, I have been mostly rotating between my new F77, a Leading Edge DC-2014, and an F AT at two different locations at work, so I obviously don't mind a little occupational hazard. I had used some cheap refurb K70 with the stock blues for the longest time, and have a Das Pro 4 and a K65 I swapped box navies into, and a TG3 BL82 I swapped jades into, should I ever feel a need to protect my favorite boards.

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #431 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 19:15:50 »
I got myself a Rubber Dome Model M, since I wanted one to round out the collection and the price on them is so good. (50 bucks gets you a mint perfect condition one most of the time. and you can spend less if you are willing to clean it.)

I got it for work, and was using it at work before COVID hit, and then I got a soft touch Model M which is miraculously even quieter.

I would say if you ever get the chance Maledicted, you should give a rubber dome Model M a shot. It's the best Rubber dome you'll find. (I don't know Topre, so I'm not counting them here, they may be amazing from what I hear.) Very snappy, very tactile, and pretty quiet. May not change your mind, but it's not your average RD.

That said the soft touch Model M I have is somehow even quieter, and Buckling spring so it's going into the office.

Still, point being, Maybe years from now this sort of price will make sense, but not now. Save your money (Potential reader) and get the same thing for half the cost.
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 April 2020, 20:43:43 by jacethesaltsculptor »

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #432 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 16:44:49 »
I got myself a Rubber Dome Model M, since I wanted one to round out the collection and the price on them is so good. (50 bucks gets you a mint perfect condition one most of the time. and you can spend less if you are willing to clean it.)

I got it for work, and was using it at work before COVID hit, and then I got a soft touch Model M which is miraculously even quieter.

I would say if you ever get the chance Maledicted, you should give a rubber dome Model M a shot. It's the best Rubber dome you'll find. (I don't know Topre, so I'm not counting them here, they may be amazing from what I hear.) Very snappy, very tactile, and pretty quiet. May not change your mind, but it's not your average RD.

That said the soft touch Model M I have is somehow even quieter, and Buckling spring so it's going into the office.

Still, point being, Maybe years from now this sort of price will make sense, but not now. Save your money (Potential reader) and get the same thing for half the cost.

I have used a lot of older rubber dome boards, so I know they're much better than most of the modern ones. I think my tastes quickly abandoned rubber dome entirely even when I first got into mechanicals with Cherry MX reds. Blues were the best thing since sliced bread to me for years, but now with clicky Alps, capacitive buckling spring, and box thick clicks, even Cherry blues rub me the wrong way. I have stacks and stacks of mechanicals that I procured very cheaply, so I have no reason to revert to domes if I'm ever worried about my vintage boards. Then there's TG3, which I just mentioned again in another thread. If you snag one of those BL82s on Ebay for $30-40 shipped and swap in your switches of choice, you've got something darn near indestructible, very portable, and which basically has 0 value, so you don't have any reason to worry about possibly damaging one of the millions TG3 continues to churn out to this day. I know you guys like your battleships though. I really do want an F version of one of those monstrosities some day.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #433 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 16:46:33 »
Behold, the deal of the century: A $500 F AT without the original cable.

But wait, there's more: Act now, and you get a Teensy with completely exposed pin headers and unsecured dupont connectors simultaneously insulated and held down by nothing more than electrical tape which will gum up and fall off in 6 months.

A deal like this won't last long. Get it before it is gone forever.

Offline funkmon

« Reply #434 on: Sat, 09 May 2020, 11:01:47 »
I mean...that's not hideously overpriced.

It definitely is not a great deal, but soon it'll go down to maybe 375, and a tested working Model F AT with a converter already done has a market at that price for impatient people who just heard the Model F is the best and have money to burn, even if it's done shabbily.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #435 on: Sat, 09 May 2020, 19:58:19 »
I mean...that's not hideously overpriced.

It definitely is not a great deal, but soon it'll go down to maybe 375, and a tested working Model F AT with a converter already done has a market at that price for impatient people who just heard the Model F is the best and have money to burn, even if it's done shabbily.

I paid less than $200 for both of my F ATs, I saw another sell similarly in the last 2 weeks. Nobody should pay $375 for one when they can buy a brand new F62 or F77 for almost that. to each their own though.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #436 on: Wed, 20 May 2020, 16:24:21 »
Today, for your consideration for things to waste hundreds of dollars on for no reason, is a Monterey K208 dome with slider board new in the box, with free complimentary (and essential) Y2K compliance test kit on 3.5" floppy disks. All for the low price of $432.85, before shipping.

Bonus:

Here's a beat up old KB-5161 white SKCM white Alps for a whopping $299.99

« Last Edit: Wed, 20 May 2020, 16:32:18 by Maledicted »

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #437 on: Sat, 23 May 2020, 17:24:20 »
Just stumbled across these keycaps.  At first glance they're a great way to start the next generation of keyboard enthusiasts, but why are they trying to teach them that the world is split in two with a metal head throwing up horns in the middle?

243310-0

120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #438 on: Sat, 23 May 2020, 17:59:02 »

a great way to start the next generation of keyboard enthusiasts

The pictures are heinously ugly and trite, but I quite like the ones without pictures. If they got rid of the pictures this would be a decent set.

Offline funkmon

« Reply #439 on: Sat, 23 May 2020, 18:07:07 »
https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/gpd205/ustx_h_matias_tactile_pro_20_alps_skbm_grey_w/

Matias Tactile Pro 2.0 with highly used Alps clones - ****ing $390! IS THIS GUY INSANE

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #440 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 14:20:02 »
https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/gpd205/ustx_h_matias_tactile_pro_20_alps_skbm_grey_w/

Matias Tactile Pro 2.0 with highly used Alps clones - ****ing $390! IS THIS GUY INSANE

Better than the rubber dome I posted, lol. Seriously, a brand new in-the-box SKCM blue board sold on Ebay the other day for less than this. Nobody is ever going to buy that board until he cuts the price by 3/4ths.

Offline funkmon

« Reply #441 on: Fri, 05 June 2020, 00:46:44 »
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yahoo-Direct-Access-Internet-Keyboard-Vintage-1999-New-In-Original-Box/113724745606

This is a Yahoo Internet keyboard with a Focus layout and rubber dome keyswitches.

$200.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #442 on: Fri, 05 June 2020, 14:44:37 »
Got this one in my Instagram feed.  Might be a keyboard included if they’re shipping the whole park.  Who knows. 

US $390,000.00 | Fiberglass durable Water park equipment kids water world slide playground super tornado attractions with engineer design

https://a.aliexpress.com/_dYNWE5M

Only $55,000 shipping!!

244420-0

Offline hvontres

• Buckling Spring Enthusiast - Full Size Evangelist
Henry von Tresckow

1986 Model M 1390131, 1987 Model M 1391401 , 1993 Model M2 Modded Reddragon k556(Test Mule) Boston Prototype x2 (Daily Drivers :) )

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #444 on: Sat, 08 August 2020, 19:36:50 »

At least it's not some old, yellow rubber dome board for $50

The part number starting with "7" it is a rubber dome.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #445 on: Sun, 17 January 2021, 12:30:38 »
"Canadian Blue Alps clones" only $1 each, with a free SKCM blue.

Clearly he knew that you can buy a box of 200 of those Matias switches for $50 brand new. I'm not sure who he was trying to fool by coloring the top of the slider with a marker.

Offline buryberry

« Reply #446 on: Tue, 02 February 2021, 09:10:30 »
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 April 2021, 08:09:26 by buryberry »

Offline ddrfraser1

• RIP Neil
« Reply #447 on: Thu, 22 April 2021, 14:39:45 »
I’m just gonna put this here.

266963-0

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #448 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 08:07:52 »
I’m just gonna put this here.

What on earth?

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #449 on: Fri, 31 December 2021, 04:21:30 »
Dang—the guy at the hobby store told me this paint would be great for my OmniKey!

(From this eBay listing)
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg