Author Topic: Majestouch Ninja TKL Or QFR  (Read 1790 times)

Offline ~OmIfan~

Majestouch Ninja TKL Or QFR
« on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 01:56:11 »
So, I'am going to buy my first mechanical keyboard. i do have the budget to buy filco MJ Ninja TKL (and i really want it  ;D) but i do want to buy the other stuff. From where i live i could get QFR for about $85 and Filco for about $150
so if i buy QFR i could get the other stuff at the same time i buy the keyboard and if i buy Filco, I will have to wait for about 2 months.
So the question is :
-Should i buy Filco MJ Ninja TKL or QFR? (With the reason  :D )
-Is the Filco worth the price?
-Tell me the advantage if i get the Filco.

and btw i want the MX Blue one.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Majestouch Ninja TKL Or QFR
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 04:28:08 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Either keyboard is fine - both are good quality (although the Filco probably has the edge).

Many people do not like the keycaps on the QFR, so you would probably need to factor in a set of replacement keycaps at about $40 to $100 depending on what ones you get and from where.

Filco has non-detachable cable (AFAIK), QFR has detachable cable.  This might be a factor in your decision if you want to be able to remove the cable.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline ~OmIfan~

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 05:11:30 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Either keyboard is fine - both are good quality (although the Filco probably has the edge).

Many people do not like the keycaps on the QFR, so you would probably need to factor in a set of replacement keycaps at about $40 to $100 depending on what ones you get and from where.

Filco has non-detachable cable (AFAIK), QFR has detachable cable.  This might be a factor in your decision if you want to be able to remove the cable.

Thank you for your reply.  :)
I don't really mind the cable whether it's Detachable,Gold Plated or other fancy stuff.
Kinda confused now :(
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 December 2013, 05:14:13 by ~OmIfan~ »

Offline Tony

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 05:23:23 »
I have both kinds of keyboards in my collection. Filco TKL has better quality but is more expensive than QFR.

So all depends on your budget.

If you can afford it, go straight for Filco TKL. It will save you a lot of time in the long run. Worths the wait too.
Keyboard: Filco MJ1 104 brown, Filco MJ2 87 brown, Compaq MX11800, Noppoo Choc Brown/Blue/Red, IBM Model M 1996, CMStorm Quickfire Rapid Black
Layout: Colemak experience, speed of 67wpm

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 05:23:37 »
i would go for the Majestouch.

Superb quality board

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline ~OmIfan~

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 05:28:11 »
I have both kinds of keyboards in my collection. Filco TKL has better quality but is more expensive than QFR.

So all depends on your budget.

If you can afford it, go straight for Filco TKL. It will save you a lot of time in the long run. Worths the wait too.

well thx for the reply. you own a Filco TKL and a QFR, do you notice any difference from those 2 ?

Offline Tony

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 05:58:56 »
well thx for the reply. you own a Filco TKL and a QFR, do you notice any difference from those 2 ?

Of course yes. Filco TKL is better built,  and has better, smoother typing feel. For a newbie these differences may not be so obvious, but seasoned geekhackers will notice it easily. Overall Filco is simply amazing, and QFR is reasonable, so so quality for the price.

You may not feel, comprehend, or understand right now why these differences can worth 80 USD in price, but they do. If you are just newbie, I always suggest to go straight to Filco, since I know that you will eventually get a Filco anyway. To get a Filco as the first keyboard saves you a lot of time and effort.
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 December 2013, 00:47:38 by Tony »
Keyboard: Filco MJ1 104 brown, Filco MJ2 87 brown, Compaq MX11800, Noppoo Choc Brown/Blue/Red, IBM Model M 1996, CMStorm Quickfire Rapid Black
Layout: Colemak experience, speed of 67wpm

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 06:03:57 »
If you can afford it, Filco. IMO they are the most solid MX board out there.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline ~OmIfan~

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 06:09:58 »
So tempting....
thx for the replies, i'm gonna go for filco then :D

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 07:28:58 »
Yup, Filco gets my vote as well.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 07:59:17 »
One more vote for the Filco, I am getting one myself  :D
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline Awful

• Don't Topre.
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 08:06:50 »
Filco for sure. If for no reason other then the hideous cm storm logos.
I hate everything.

Offline dvjz.gh

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 12:12:25 »
I've got a qrf Stealth and it's a real well build keyboard  :thumb: