geekhack Community > Other Geeky Stuff

Dead Space revival rumors - its happening! 27-01-2023!

<< < (2/6) > >>

phinix:

--- Quote from: noisyturtle on Thu, 24 June 2021, 12:32:03 ---One of my best and most vivid gaming memories was playing DS2 on mushrooms the first time. It was all new to me so everything was amplified. I started peaking right around the Going To Church chapter, and the next few chapters being quite intense really emotionally drained me but the experience was so memorable and engaging. I remember there were sections with no enemies at all, but the environment, music, and vibe presented such an overwhelming feeling of dread it was just as scary expecting something to happen. Only played 1 and 2, didn't have any interest in the 3rd one, looked too much like an action game.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, exactly. I only finished first part, played second maybe to half of it.
I remember I tried to play 1 for few hours being high and couldn't do few steps for hours :) It was too scary.
I never tried mushrooms, so I can't even imagine how this would be:)

phinix:

--- Quote from: Darthbaggins on Thu, 24 June 2021, 14:00:44 ---Just hoping if they make the remake that it is done right.

--- End quote ---

I hope so too - proper remaster would be best, but I wouldn't change much in whole story etc as it was great anyway.

Darthbaggins:
At most, possibly expand on the story a tad - the way it stands in the original still hit like a ton of bricks when you pieced it all together.
I loved the first one and need to go back and replay it and finish 2.  I have to say it really is my favorite Sci-Fi horror game and GTFO is a close second but it hits differently compared to DS 1 & 2 ( I never took the time to play 3 ).

yui:
i am not sure i'd be happy of current EA to revive any classic games, although i am out of the target audience for dead space i would not want them to soil the old Command and Conquer series or Burnout with predatory micro-transactions, forced online, hundreds of DLC etc... just trying to lower expectations a bit, we are talking about the record holder of consecutive worst company of the year titles. i would not expect anything good from them, so that way i do not get disappointed when it is bad, and it is a good surprise when it is decent.

rowdy:
It looked an interesting game.

I tried playing the first one on an old PC that was barely capable of keeping up with all the details turned down.

The experience was interesting, but frustrating.

One day I'll probably have another go, but unfortunately I've heard of something the discoveries you make later in the game, so I've missed out on experiencing the surprises firsthand.

And to stay a bit more on topic, a remake probably wouldn't work on my current gaming PC, so I'd be back in the same boat, or just play the original one, which would probably run quite well now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version