geekhack Community > Off Topic

Unrealistic typing rhythm in movies.

(1/4) > >>

tp4tissue:
Scenes depicting texting entry have become common in movies.

There's a critical problem, the person typing is not performing in a natural rhythm. It's either too fast/ too slow. You can also often tell they are transcribing rather than actually voicing internally.

It bothers Tp4, because Gekhar's are prolly the only people who can observe and detect such phenomenon.

yui:
most of the one i have seen only type garbage for the sake of typing on a keyboard, so kudos to the actor who can type at the right rhythm to match text that may even be added in post.

although my sample size is low as i do not watch tv anymore, and very little films.

Sintpinty:

--- Quote from: tp4tissue on Tue, 11 February 2020, 21:05:46 ---Scenes depicting texting entry have become common place in movies.

YET, there's a critical problem, the person typing is not performing in a natural rhythm. It's either too fast/ too slow. You can also often tell they are transcribing rather than actually voicing internally.

It bothers Tp4, because Gekhar's are prolly the only people who can observe and detect such phenomenon.

--- End quote ---

Like bro nobody types 130 at a emergency operations centre, more like 90-80 wpm

ergonaut:
It does bother me too, but not nearly as much as the unrealistic usage of game controllers in TV shows and movies.

Sintpinty:

--- Quote from: ergonaut on Thu, 20 February 2020, 16:12:06 ---It does bother me too, but not nearly as much as the unrealistic usage of game controllers in TV shows and movies.

--- End quote ---

always bleep bloop bleep bloop with mashing buttons. No thats not how it works

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version