Author Topic: Hello from Germany! :-)  (Read 1324 times)

Offline chemis97

Hello from Germany! :-)
« on: Fri, 05 April 2024, 13:45:41 »
Hi guys,

I am fairly new to the hobby with only 3 Keyboards. Right now I am looking for inspiration to buy my first high end keeb.
My first ever keyboards that i got excited about was the roccat vulcan, since it looked so special compared to the other gaming boards.
Only years later i realized it wasn't all that good in the first place with it's non hot swappable browns , but somehow it was the starting point of my obsession with 'modern' and 'fancy' keyboards.
Right now my favourite build is my zoom75, which has a really creamy yet deep sound profile.

Am looking forward to seeing / hearing/ admiring your builds and get inspired.

Have a good day <3

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
Re: Hello from Germany! :-)
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 05 April 2024, 20:42:14 »
Welcome to Geekhack :D

What are looking for in a keyboard, in terms of layout and the feel of the board, that will help you filter out everything else and leave you with stuff that you would actually use.

If you can go to a meetup and try out everything, it might not be everything that you are looking for, but if you like top mount for example than you can look for boards with top mounting style.

Good luck with that.
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
Re: Hello from Germany! :-)
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 06 April 2024, 14:10:28 »
I am fairly new to the hobby with only 3 Keyboards.

Sounds like you're deeper in the hobby than you think. Welcome!
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u