Author Topic: [GB] budget96 - Extras Available  (Read 158080 times)

Offline lollipoplouie

Re: [GB] budget96 - Waiting for PayPal to do stuff
« Reply #250 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 01:11:26 »
donut do you have any current updates for us? I know you said it could take till the 21st but was curious if anything happened.

Nothing on the PCBs currently, the disputes are still marked as "Under Review". There was a little notification that there was an update on the 5th, but nothing has changed on them so I think it's just someone looked at the dispute to see if there was any changes on either side.

There is some "good" news, depending on how you look at it, on the plates dispute, which was resolved mostly in my favor. So using the available funds from that dispute, any order that included plates will be receiving a 15% refund on them applied to their shipping invoice for the cosmetic issues, and I'll be going through the same process of cherry-picking through them to make sure no one gets the worst of them.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I've been toying around with the idea of a sticker to go with the kits that's like "I survived Murphy's-Law-96 and all I got was this lousy sticker" or something like that.
Hey at least one of the disputes is handled, haha! Also, I am in full support of the sticker idea!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #251 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 03:12:12 »
donut do you have any current updates for us? I know you said it could take till the 21st but was curious if anything happened.

Nothing on the PCBs currently, the disputes are still marked as "Under Review". There was a little notification that there was an update on the 5th, but nothing has changed on them so I think it's just someone looked at the dispute to see if there was any changes on either side.

There is some "good" news, depending on how you look at it, on the plates dispute, which was resolved mostly in my favor. So using the available funds from that dispute, any order that included plates will be receiving a 15% refund on them applied to their shipping invoice for the cosmetic issues, and I'll be going through the same process of cherry-picking through them to make sure no one gets the worst of them.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I've been toying around with the idea of a sticker to go with the kits that's like "I survived Murphy's-Law-96 and all I got was this lousy sticker" or something like that.

Sounds really good to me and I like the idea of the sticker! I starting to think 96 kits are cursed. I yet to see one go thought that didn't have some type of problem with the manufacture.

Offline johntron25

« Reply #252 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 12:22:07 »
9 more days until Paypal dispute is complete....
I sure hope our orders are boxed and ready to be shipped...

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
  • I have ideas. Sometimes they're even good ideas.
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #253 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 15:11:16 »
Well, got an update sooner than anticipated, and it's unfortunately not as good as I was hoping for. PayPal's wanting me to find a "qualified expert" to look at the PCBs and tell them the same thing I told them and even showed them in the pictures I included in with the dispute information, because apparently it takes an "expert" to tell them that all the PCBs are at minimum visually defective and potentially functionally defective. I guess now I'll be looking for someone that meets their requirements for an "expert" and go from there. One day things will go as they should, but I guess I won't count on it being any time soon.

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #254 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 16:23:48 »
Get ai03 or hiney... Someone that has a shop and sells pcbs

Offline notFREEfood

« Reply #255 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 16:53:43 »

Knowing how everything has gone so far, is tempting fate really such a good idea?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #256 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 16:55:12 »
Well, got an update sooner than anticipated, and it's unfortunately not as good as I was hoping for. PayPal's wanting me to find a "qualified expert" to look at the PCBs and tell them the same thing I told them and even showed them in the pictures I included in with the dispute information, because apparently it takes an "expert" to tell them that all the PCBs are at minimum visually defective and potentially functionally defective. I guess now I'll be looking for someone that meets their requirements for an "expert" and go from there. One day things will go as they should, but I guess I won't count on it being any time soon.

Lame.  It definitely sounds like 1 of 2 possible things.  Either the manuf. is telling them the PCBs are fine, or someone at paypal is too lazy to actually look at the photos. 

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #257 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 18:27:07 »

Perhaps I am mistaken but Donut wouldn't you count as a expert? I mean you run a shop that sells components and have't you designed a PCB. I mean if that doesn't make you expert I don't know what does. I also agree its either manufacture trying to weasel there way out or paypal being lazy, my money is on paypal being lazy.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #258 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 21:36:57 »
Perhaps I am mistaken but Donut wouldn't you count as a expert? I mean you run a shop that sells components and have't you designed a PCB. I mean if that doesn't make you expert I don't know what does. I also agree its either manufacture trying to weasel there way out or paypal being lazy, my money is on paypal being lazy.

Having not made it more than a few semesters into ECE, not only do I not have the official credentials they're asking for, but my opinion would likely be too biased for their liking seeing as I'm involved.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #259 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 00:47:23 »

Having not made it more than a few semesters into ECE, not only do I not have the official credentials they're asking for, but my opinion would likely be too biased for their liking seeing as I'm involved.

Makes since and is total BS its on you as the customer to prove that its not correct specially since your showing them a damaged product. 

Offline eyeball

« Reply #260 on: Sun, 17 February 2019, 17:42:14 »
I see some people selling these. How does that work? The person paypals you and donut switches your order to the buyer? Looking to get out of this one if I can.

1 Black PCB, Black Plates, 1 Case Kit, 1 Hipro Layer, 1 GMK Stab Set

Offline ryanh

• Stone Carver
    • For all your memorial needs
« Reply #261 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 09:45:26 »
I see some people selling these. How does that work? The person paypals you and donut switches your order to the buyer? Looking to get out of this one if I can.

I bought another user's spot, and that's basically it.  Work out getting payment between the two users, then you both message donut to confirm.  He'll get things moved over on his end.

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #262 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 16:38:17 »
I don't need these anymore, either. Selling the board they were gonna be replacements for.

I have 1x matte black and 1x purple pcb. Contact me here or on discord tanvir175#0001

Offline eyeball

« Reply #263 on: Sat, 23 February 2019, 08:18:13 »

$80

$70 if you pay by bitcoin

Offline Blar

• ah.
    • Email
« Reply #264 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 09:50:55 »
Does anyone have any information if at all, what types of hot swap sockets would be compatible with the PCB.
ah.

Offline Gettys

« Reply #265 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 16:22:55 »
So...what’s the word? Any news or updates good or bad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Blar

• ah.
    • Email
« Reply #266 on: Thu, 28 February 2019, 07:56:14 »
So...what’s the word? Any news or updates good or bad?

As far as I can understand, donutcat is trying to to come in contact with someone with the credentials to tell paypal that "ya its pretty messed up."
ah.

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #267 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 12:21:40 »
I think this was mentioned way before but, just to clarify, these are entirely cosmetic issues right? Have you tested the PCB's yet to check if they work?

Cause honestly, if it works, I'd rather just have them now so I can list them on mm.

Offline Gettys

« Reply #268 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 13:15:43 »
I think this was mentioned way before but, just to clarify, these are entirely cosmetic issues right? Have you tested the PCB's yet to check if they work?

Cause honestly, if it works, I'd rather just have them now so I can list them on mm.
Yeah, he stated most seemed like cosmetic scratches and the likes but was going to test them all to make sure they worked and only send out ones that do vs  not checking and hoping.  I’m just curious as to what the time frame for these will be because we’re rounding the corner on a year sooner then later now.

Offline Doonagoowin

« Reply #269 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 18:59:06 »
Looking to sell my spot.

1 Purple PCB, Red Plates, 1 Case Kit, 1 Hipro Layer, 3 GMK Stab Sets. $142

I can buy the 2 extra stab sets from you later on if don't need them.

Offline Ruckistherare

« Reply #270 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 15:52:46 »
Looking to sell my spot as well.

$133.50

Contact me on here or for better results, on discord (ruckistherare#0500)

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #271 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 15:58:25 »
Guys not to point out the obvious but yea.. if this keeps up he most likely going to have to deny people. I am sure its a lot of work for him to refund someone then setup a new invoice not to mention doesn't he lose the fees? Also as many people are looking to sell at this point there a good chance the market is over saturated and the few people that did want to buy already got the deals they wanted. I think at this point its best to just way and see what happens.

Offline 112227

« Reply #272 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 16:16:23 »
If this is true, I would expect an overwhelming majority of people asking for their invoices to be refreshed to regain paypal protection. I would already advise this.

Offline 8six753o9

« Reply #273 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 16:22:53 »
I'm at a point that I rather have the item shipped to me than having my invoices refreshed.  I don't get why we have to wait for the result of the PayPal claim.

Offline Gettys

« Reply #274 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 18:18:44 »
I'm at a point that I rather have the item shipped to me than having my invoices refreshed.  I don't get why we have to wait for the result of the PayPal claim.
This is where I’m at with it now.  I’m not upset just rather confused to what’s going on with how everything’s gonna be handled.  I get the dispute but that’s over now, and there’s been no updates as to who he’ll get or when or what.   I originally got into this gb to play around with the board especially with how fast the turn around was supposed to be.

Offline digiNZM

« Reply #275 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 05:08:05 »
I signed up on GH a year ago just to join this GB and i still think everything will work out fine. Also at this point i'd just like to have the item shipped - otherwise regaining paypal protection would be a nice thing but if this causes fees or a massive workload i could live without it. Some updated timeline would be nice.

Also, if anyone has a hipro layer to sell feel free to message me.

Offline eyeball

« Reply #276 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 07:57:59 »
Almost a month with no updates.

Offline Gettys

« Reply #277 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 11:27:29 »
Seems to be the trend with this

Offline Ruckistherare

« Reply #278 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 08:33:59 »
I guess I'm not the majority, but I'm actually at the point where it's been almost a year and my tastes in this hobby have changed. I no longer want an acrylic 96-key board. I'd prefer to just get a refund and not have to worry about selling my spot or selling the kit after I receive it. After such a long delay, I think it would only be fair for the folks who want to get a refund, do so. I know Donut is in a tough situation, but similar to how mechkeys handled the espectro, the people who wanted out, got out and he sold the extras.

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #279 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 11:42:46 »
I guess I'm not the majority, but I'm actually at the point where it's been almost a year and my tastes in this hobby have changed. I no longer want an acrylic 96-key board. I'd prefer to just get a refund and not have to worry about selling my spot or selling the kit after I receive it. After such a long delay, I think it would only be fair for the folks who want to get a refund, do so. I know Donut is in a tough situation, but similar to how mechkeys handled the espectro, the people who wanted out, got out and he sold the extras.

This. Would be interested if donut is willing.

Offline Gettys

« Reply #280 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 11:45:45 »

This. Would be interested if donut is willing.
At this point I’d go with either.  I originally bought this to play BFA since all I own are 60%.  Stopped playing the game months ago and still without this board lol.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #281 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 12:07:46 »

Don't think you fully followed that drama, at first yes he allowed people a refund sorta. Instead of a straight refund he offered to sell theirs on the website then refund them once it sold. That turned into he got upset and just decided to send everyone the board and they could sell on mechmarket after two days, if they didn't want it. Which turned ugly from there. That entire drop was terrible and ended extremely poorly. I know personally I still have no base for my Espectro and no extra PCB that I paid for. I gave up trying as he had no intention of sending either. I was pretty upset when seen him running another IC and people signing up for it. Funny thing is Espectro was suppose to be his last project since it went so horrible.  This new project he IC and did a Group buy for is now his final project. I would put money the next project he does will be his final project also. We were warned that speaking up in public about Espectro would mean getting our orders forgotten. He posted that on his discord then deleted it shortly after. I guess he figured it cause to much negative backlash.

As far as this goes I am cutting Donut some slack for the simple fact he been working on another group buy. He was doing the coiled cable group buy that went kinda wonky if I am not mistaken. I do agree we been waiting a while but I don't see a refund as a possibility. Refunding everyone or even those that wish to be refunded would most likely cost him to much out of pocket, it might would even bankrupt his company. I don't think that will be happening honestly.

Offline Overchecken8

« Reply #282 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 12:30:42 »
I completely agree with this. Very interested to hear from Donut

Offline Ruckistherare

« Reply #283 on: Sun, 17 March 2019, 18:27:04 »

Don't think you fully followed that drama, at first yes he allowed people a refund sorta. Instead of a straight refund he offered to sell theirs on the website then refund them once it sold. That turned into he got upset and just decided to send everyone the board and they could sell on mechmarket after two days, if they didn't want it. Which turned ugly from there. That entire drop was terrible and ended extremely poorly. I know personally I still have no base for my Espectro and no extra PCB that I paid for. I gave up trying as he had no intention of sending either. I was pretty upset when seen him running another IC and people signing up for it. Funny thing is Espectro was suppose to be his last project since it went so horrible.  This new project he IC and did a Group buy for is now his final project. I would put money the next project he does will be his final project also. We were warned that speaking up in public about Espectro would mean getting our orders forgotten. He posted that on his discord then deleted it shortly after. I guess he figured it cause to much negative backlash.

As far as this goes I am cutting Donut some slack for the simple fact he been working on another group buy. He was doing the coiled cable group buy that went kinda wonky if I am not mistaken. I do agree we been waiting a while but I don't see a refund as a possibility. Refunding everyone or even those that wish to be refunded would most likely cost him to much out of pocket, it might would even bankrupt his company. I don't think that will be happening honestly.

I did not fully follow the drama, because for the longest time I actually forgot about this. I don't use geekhack all too often and I haven't gotten an e-mail or anything, I don't blame him for not posting publicly, but I wouldn't know about this 'drama' if I didn't check here over 6 months later. I had to actually google my way here and this is my first time using my geekhack account.

I totally get that we're in a group buy and run a risk. This is similar to crowdfunding, but a little different. I just thought no one had suggested it a refund instead of sale, and was curious to hear about the possibility. It's a hassle for both ends right now, for sure, it's not fair to either end, if someone wants out. I just really doubt I'll even be able to sell this at cost on MM, so someone is losing money. I just think he has a platform to sell them with an established audience, I don't. So donut is definitely more likely to successfully sell extras. Now, I'm not saying any of this is exactly how I expect it to go, and if it doesn't go that way, I don't blame him. It's an extremely tough situation, but I thought it was worth bringing up at this point.

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #284 on: Sun, 17 March 2019, 22:50:57 »
Donut, the last time you responded in this thread was Feb 12.
You have made several posts on other threads, since then, the last one being on March 12th.
As of writing this post, the last time you have been active was, today, March 17th.
It's pretty annoying that you can't take a minute or two to comment on a hanging GB thread with questions/requests for updates.
If there's nothing to update, say that. It takes less than a minute and lets people know **** is still happening. It's not rocket science, dude.

I will ask once again. I don't need the details. Just reply with a "yes" or "no" to these questions.
1) Are the damages to the PCB's ONLY cosmetic?
2) Have you tested the PCB's to all be fully working?
Again, a simple yes or no will suffice. I don't care about anything else.

Finally, it's been nearly a year since this GB started. I can't file a claim on you even if I wanted to. Whether or not the answers to my previous questions are a yes or no, just send me my damn pcb's or give me a refund and continue your paypal dispute with the rest of them.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #285 on: Mon, 18 March 2019, 19:23:49 »
First up, I'd like to apologize for having not responded for awhile. Aside from all the **** going on with PayPal around this issue and some others, as well as a few personal things happening, it looks like I was unsubscribed from the thread for some reason. I haven't been actively looking around GH for a month or so now(and I've not been on Reddit, Keebtalk, or the Discord for about that same amount of time either), and only really been getting on to answer PMs and a couple posts that I did get notifications for. So with the thread not actively on my mind I didn't think to go looking to see if there were responses I wasn't being notified of and someone actually had to message me that people were asking for me in here.

As it sits, PayPal is still being a pain in the ass about all of this. Technically this is the third time the dispute's been denied, with both these past two times being because they want me to submit documentation but don't give me a way to do so. For example, they want me to upload the docs to their message center, except business accounts haven't had a link to the message center since at least July 2015 from what I looked up, fun times. I'll have to call them *again* and hope I get one of the useful reps that deal with the PayPal debit card instead of the mostly un-useful normal PayPal reps, like the ones that kept sending me automated emails when I told them I was unable to access the message center.

The plan is currently, I'm tired of waiting on PayPal to do the ****. Originally I was instructed that I had to keep the items in question on hand for the duration of the dispute, which is the main reason I haven't been willing to ship yet. I'm going to ignore that at this point because it doesn't matter anymore, and I'll begin working on getting kits shipped out this week. When/if the actual dispute is accepted then I'll be able to process the partial refunds for the PCBs.

Because of PayPal's ****ery, my business PayPal is currently unusable, yay. Instead I'll be using my personal account to handle invoicing for shipping, so you may not get the invoice from my normal PayPal email though I'll be trying to set it up to do that. I'll note this in the invoices, but please make sure your shipping address is up to date in PayPal *before* you pay the invoice since that's what I'll be shipping to.

At this time I can't really refund orders because A) my PayPal's ****ed as previously stated, and B) I have nowhere near enough money to be able to refund everyone and it would be unfair to offer refunds to however many people it takes to drain my bank account, which would then affect my ability to ship orders.

1) Are the damages to the PCB's ONLY cosmetic?
2) Have you tested the PCB's to all be fully working?

There's no good "yes or no" to this.
1) Mostly - *Most* of the damage is cosmetic, though there is a notable number where it has the potential to or actively does affect function.
2) Not all of them have been tested - A decent chunk I went through and at minimum plugged them in and they were recognized by windows and BMC and were able to take a firmware update.
As mentioned previously, I'll be thoroughly testing each PCB as they are packed so everyone gets a functional PCB.

I think I've answered the main questions that I've seen, if there's something I missed let me know, I think my notifications should be back working again but I'll keep an eye out just in case. I am sorry this worked out the way it did, I'm tired of everything that's been happening with this and I'm really hoping it'll be finished up before too much longer. I will be looking to actively seek out possible alternatives to going through PayPal in the future since the main reason I used them was for their protections, protections that have failed me, this GB, and everyone involved so far.

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #286 on: Tue, 19 March 2019, 00:09:54 »
Thanks for the update bud. Hang in there, and F PayPal for dragging you thru the mud.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #287 on: Wed, 20 March 2019, 08:30:40 »
Did you ever get an expert? What were the details of certifications required? If you put that info out here, we can try and find someone. I occasionally work with a 3D printing company who has all kinds of certified engineers. They work with PCBs and all kinds of interesting electronics and might be able to help.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #288 on: Wed, 20 March 2019, 11:42:56 »
I think I've answered the main questions that I've seen, if there's something I missed let me know, I think my notifications should be back working again but I'll keep an eye out just in case. I am sorry this worked out the way it did, I'm tired of everything that's been happening with this and I'm really hoping it'll be finished up before too much longer. I will be looking to actively seek out possible alternatives to going through PayPal in the future since the main reason I used them was for their protections, protections that have failed me, this GB, and everyone involved so far.

Thanks for the update, Donut.

Btw, since you're an ECE student, have you considered asking a professor in your department?

Offline ClicksOnLinks

« Reply #289 on: Fri, 22 March 2019, 16:51:06 »
At this point I don't even care anymore. just ship me my board... If it's broken I will fix it

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #290 on: Sun, 24 March 2019, 15:24:03 »
Orders 000-012 are ready to go out, including -001 which happened because Excel plx. One of those is still waiting for payment to print the label. Turns out that packing these orders and getting them invoiced took a total of about 11 hours, technically a little more since I had this set of boxes folded beforehand. I've got some stuff fixed up that should speed that up a little bit, but it is still a pretty time intensive process of:

- folding boxes and half taping them for packing
 - digging through boxes of pieces to put together an order,
 - re-picking PCBs or plates if the first ones I grab are too bad,
 - testing the PCBs and doing some repair on the PCB if need be
 - assembling the case, which is a bit tricky and requires a specific process going from completely unassembled
 - packing the PCB inside the case and packing the case in the box for shipment
 - add stabs that were assembled with the washers beforehand and the bumpons
 - weighing the fully packed boxes and recording that
 - going through each of the original invoices and using that to calculate shipping cost for each order
 - throwing the numbers into a batch file with the original order info for paypal to turn into invoices
 - at least once a week throwing everything in a car and hopping over to the post office

Just letting people know what exactly goes into packing the orders so they don't think it's just throwing everything in a box and yeeting it at the mail box. I'm aiming at trying to get around 25 orders packed a week if I can, but I am limited for the amount of space I have for orders to sit between packing, waiting for shipping, etc and the amount of time I have. This isn't the best time of year to have stuff on a schedule since I still have tax stuff that needs to be finished in like 3 weeks here, so that will most likely slow me down a little among other obligations.

Also now that they're going out, I remembered I need to talk about assembling it:

- All cases come already assembled with the PCB packed inside them since that's the best way to ship them.

- For the lowpro case I recommend removing the top screws only to take it apart. The middles have the standoff holes a wee bit tapered due to the nature of laser cutting, so the bottom screws will keep the middle layer held in place and the standoffs lined up for the most part.

- For the hipro case, you want to remove the bottom screws only. The hipro layer has the standoffs anchored to it and should retain both the top plate and the mid layer. Even if the mid layer comes off, leaving the top screws alone will leave the standoffs still keyed correctly to fit into the middle layer holes.

- DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN THE SCREWS

- Forreal, it's unnecessary to tighten the screws any more than lightly snug, and cranking down on them will cause them to force their way through the FR4 and potentially impact the ability to hold the plate in place. That's unfortunately the weakness of the design trying to keep the screws reasonably low profile without the ability to properly countersink the plates. In the future if I ever recover from this GB enough to try another board, I'll likely look into a fab that can give me the countersunk holes.

- If you're one of the people that ordered extras plates, the easiest way to swap them is one side at a time. So far it's been my experience that assembly from the fully disassembled point is a little tricky, again due to the design of the plates not being optimal.

Thanks for the update, Donut.

Btw, since you're an ECE student, have you considered asking a professor in your department?

I haven't been a student since early-mid 2017, and not an ECE since early 2014 or technically never depending on who you ask. School was a bit of a trip.

Regardless, I have the docs they asked for turned in, now it's another waiting game. For anyone interested in how much of a cluster**** PayPal *really* is, you can't email to ask them anything or you'll just get automated responses. I was told in an email to submit documents via two methods that were inaccessible, one of which is because since *at least* July 2015 PayPal has not given business accounts a method to access the "Message Center". I know this because I found a thread from July 2015 complaining that it was not accessible, same as it is in March 2015. When I tried to respond to their emails to tell them I had no way to do what they wanted, I just got automated emails twice before they cancelled my appeal *again*. I had to call them *again*, get the dispute reopened for appeal, and then talk to someone to help get the stuff uploaded. *Apparently* the way for business accounts to upload stuff is to to paypal.com/confirmcard :/ Like they actually just are so jank they have you use their system for having your card reactivated to submit important documentation. Meanwhile personal accounts can still access the message center. Like, I have no words for how ****ed their entire system is. I really am at this point considering what I'd have to do to never use PayPal for my store ever again because of how ****ing **** this entire experience has been. I'm still absolutely ****ing floored that they can't read the ****ing descriptions on an album of high res pictures of repeated ****ups and be like "oh, there are *70* images of this product being clearly damaged, the seller should be responsible for this." It's obvious that they care more about protecting their potential business investments in high rollers more than they do someone who depends on them to pay their bills. If you're just someone buying something then you're probably fine as you're probably a one time issue, but if you're a small business prepare to not be worth the change covered in lint in their pockets. They'll protect a consumer over you, and they'll protect a Chinese manu over you, and it'll be a **** experience the entire time and thereafter. I will at least say that the support people specific to the debit card seem a fare bit more competent than the normies.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #291 on: Sun, 24 March 2019, 18:21:32 »
Oh boy. PayPal can be quite sh****. It's easy to take advantage of their "protections" if you're a dishonest person/entity. I'm sure we've all experienced horror stories from PayPal. There has to be a better alternative.

Offline notFREEfood

« Reply #292 on: Wed, 27 March 2019, 19:43:33 »
Mail day!

Not sure exactly what I'm going to use for this in terms of switches, but I'm leaning towards v2 zealios to make this the no-so-budget96

Offline MatchstickMan

• CAD Jockey - YOLO Enthusiast
« Reply #293 on: Wed, 27 March 2019, 19:45:58 »
Mail day!

Not sure exactly what I'm going to use for this in terms of switches, but I'm leaning towards v2 zealios to make this the no-so-budget96

You lucky mother-brother! Can't wait for mine!

I've planned to outfit mine with some heavy Zilencios, so I'm right there with ya.
Current Projects:
- SouthPad -- Left-handed Numpad
- Full Split (Currently on hold)

Offline notFREEfood

« Reply #294 on: Wed, 27 March 2019, 23:39:28 »
While my kit came in looking good despite the horror stories we've been hearing, unfortunately my board didn't come in perfect working order :(

It seems that the diode on my 'i' key wasn't soldered well enough, and even though it appears there is a connection between the solder pad and the diode, that is not the case.  Fortunately it's an easy fix.

Always check your boards folks.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #295 on: Thu, 28 March 2019, 18:29:47 »
Yay! Shipment has started!  :D

How do I know what number I am?

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #296 on: Thu, 28 March 2019, 18:52:44 »
Yay! Shipment has started!  :D

How do I know what number I am?

Shipping order is based off of original invoice number. At this point in time, I have up to 029 invoiced and ready to go out with tomorrow's batch if paid by then, so almost a quarter of the orders.

Based off some initial feedback, I'll need to be adjusting how I'm doing some of the packaging. So far I've managed to go back and repackage everything that hasn't yet shipped that was affected. This will slow me down a wee bit since part of the improved process is a good bit more time consuming than previously. I do still expect at least 20 orders out a week barring any other complications.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #297 on: Fri, 29 March 2019, 11:24:45 »
Slightly unfortunate news: For the time being, I'm holding the current batch I have ready to ship and waiting to pack more batches until I hear back from the previous batch of orders. I've had two people so far bring an issue to my attention that I'm wanting to be sure I'm completely preventing before I move forward. If you've received an order, please contact me to let me know if it arrived fine.

Offline johntron25

« Reply #298 on: Sat, 30 March 2019, 03:06:57 »
Top:  Kira96
Bottom: Budget96
I really like how the bugdet96 supports 5 1u keys to the right or the spacebar. Overall, dope keeb, super pleased!
« Last Edit: Sat, 30 March 2019, 03:09:04 by johntron25 »

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #299 on: Wed, 03 April 2019, 13:44:42 »
Sorry for another small lapse in communication, currently I've been dealing with a recurring foot injury since around Saturday night with no signs of it letting up. At good times I have to hobble around my room putting minimal weight on my foot, at bad times all I can do is sit and concentrate on breathing while contemplating the benefits of cutting my foot off. Hopefully this will ease up before the end of the week and I can try getting some orders out.

As it sits, a little bit of good-ish news, a little bit of bad. Bad news first: PayPal gave a final denial on the disputes, refusing to deal with them further and leaving my business account in the red. This does mean I have no funds for my intended partial refunds for the PCBs, but at least I can still continue on shipping orders through my personal account. For the good-ish news, no one else has contacted me to report an issue with their orders, and looking at the information for the two orders that were in question, they were processed through the same facilities for part of their journey, so I believe it may be coincidence and handling that they experienced the issues that they did. Regardless, I'll still be packaging orders using the "updated" method in order to still minimize future issues.