Author Topic: What are you listening to right now? [2.0]  (Read 1252479 times)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: What are you listening to right now? [2.0]
« Reply #7100 on: Mon, 22 July 2019, 20:58:44 »

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #7101 on: Tue, 23 July 2019, 01:31:07 »
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Doluded

• road to black star
« Reply #7102 on: Wed, 24 July 2019, 23:15:35 »
You might find a copy, but there's no one that can do it like me

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #7103 on: Thu, 25 July 2019, 23:52:05 »
Probably my favorite alt. rock group. They disbanded but did a reunion tour this year. Definitely went to see them; was my third time, and probably last. I never actually listened to this album, and they played a few songs from this album during their show so I decided to give it a listen. Glad I did.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #7104 on: Fri, 26 July 2019, 20:00:02 »

RATATAT - Beat 6 (9 Beats)

edit - Been a few years since I last shared this link in this thread.  Still decent tho

Dark Time Sunshine - Take My Hand (Anx)

edit - Another sudo oldie but goodie that I've probably posted before (or has already been done posted before by some other folk(s))

Run The Jewels - A Christmas F*cking Miracle (RTJ2)
« Last Edit: Sun, 28 July 2019, 23:19:45 by csmertx »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #7105 on: Wed, 31 July 2019, 01:52:39 »
water likes this album

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #7106 on: Wed, 31 July 2019, 09:39:01 »
https://archive.org/details/gd85-06-24.sbd.miller.25315.sbeok.shnf/gd85-06-24d1t01.shn

Grateful Dead - Grateful Dead Live at River Bend Music Center on 1985-06-24 (live recording)

For years I passed by a local head shop that borrowed the Grateful Dead skull logo which kinda turned me away from the band. 

Pretty cool of them to allow this kind of streaming though, and I guess even though I don't really understand jam bands I kinda like this recording.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #7107 on: Wed, 31 July 2019, 14:22:22 »
https://archive.org/details/gd85-06-24.sbd.miller.25315.sbeok.shnf/gd85-06-24d1t01.shn

Grateful Dead - Grateful Dead Live at River Bend Music Center on 1985-06-24 (live recording)

For years I passed by a local head shop that borrowed the Grateful Dead skull logo which kinda turned me away from the band. 

Pretty cool of them to allow this kind of streaming though, and I guess even though I don't really understand jam bands I kinda like this recording.

Listening now.  :thumb:  Forgot that there are tons of live recordings on archive.org, I always resort to other means of attainment.  :))  I never did get too into Grateful Dead, and I couldn't really say why.  I do quite like them, just never made the dive. 

I was starting to type up a question asking why you don't like jam bands, then decided to google it to make sure I knew what I was talking about.  Apparently this is a hotly debated topic!  Always assumed a band that jams was a jam band - like Yes, and so many other progressive artists.  Apparently that's not the case?  It's more of a cultural/audience-based thing?  Seems very strange to me.  But that also might explain your statement about not understanding them.  ;)

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #7108 on: Wed, 31 July 2019, 15:14:19 »

Listening now.  :thumb:  Forgot that there are tons of live recordings on archive.org, I always resort to other means of attainment.  :))  I never did get too into Grateful Dead, and I couldn't really say why.  I do quite like them, just never made the dive. 

I was starting to type up a question asking why you don't like jam bands, then decided to google it to make sure I knew what I was talking about.  Apparently this is a hotly debated topic!  Always assumed a band that jams was a jam band - like Yes, and so many other progressive artists.  Apparently that's not the case?  It's more of a cultural/audience-based thing?  Seems very strange to me.  But that also might explain your statement about not understanding them.  ;)

:)  I guess it's pretty obvious that I've never played an instrument.  I feel that like knowing how to play something is a heavy component to truly enjoy jam bands like Phish or Grateful Dead.

Most people I knew/know that enjoy that kind of music have some kind of musical background or at least a few years of guitar lessons in their fanny pack.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #7109 on: Wed, 31 July 2019, 15:47:20 »

:)  I guess it's pretty obvious that I've never played an instrument.  I feel that like knowing how to play something is a heavy component to truly enjoy jam bands like Phish or Grateful Dead.

Most people I knew/know that enjoy that kind of music have some kind of musical background or at least a few years of guitar lessons in their fanny pack.

I was wondering about that actually!  I bet it helps a lot.  :D  I only know my life experience, with a handful of years of drumming and being in a rock band - and I really love progressive/"jammy" bands.  Which in turn colors my appreciation for live music, since bands that fiddle around on stage always bring something new and interesting to the show (as opposed to how some people think shows are silly since "I could just hear the same thing performed better on the album"). 

Anyway, if you want to try out another great live show (IMO), check out Yes - Yessongs.  It, like my other favorite live album, Supertramp - Paris, is a sort of live best-of album, since both were recorded and released immediately following a string of top tier albums from each band.  Yessongs in particular features a lot of improvised sections and scratches a very specific itch for me. 

(It's all a bit of a diversion from the immediate topic at hand, as I also never got too big into Phish either!  Another band I think I'd love if I really dove in head first)

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #7110 on: Wed, 31 July 2019, 16:10:30 »

I was wondering about that actually!  I bet it helps a lot.  :D  I only know my life experience, with a handful of years of drumming and being in a rock band - and I really love progressive/"jammy" bands.  Which in turn colors my appreciation for live music, since bands that fiddle around on stage always bring something new and interesting to the show (as opposed to how some people think shows are silly since "I could just hear the same thing performed better on the album"). 

Anyway, if you want to try out another great live show (IMO), check out Yes - Yessongs.  It, like my other favorite live album, Supertramp - Paris, is a sort of live best-of album, since both were recorded and released immediately following a string of top tier albums from each band.  Yessongs in particular features a lot of improvised sections and scratches a very specific itch for me. 

(It's all a bit of a diversion from the immediate topic at hand, as I also never got too big into Phish either!  Another band I think I'd love if I really dove in head first)

Wooo!  Gonna add Yessongs in with my podcast listening rotation.  And to be fair, there's like 999,999,999 Phish albums/remasters/live recordings..

Fuego is the only Phish album I've listened to so far--but I can't recall any of the lyrics or music from that album so idk

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #7111 on: Wed, 31 July 2019, 17:17:49 »
Fans of mainstream 1970s "progressive rock" like Yes should check out the slightly more obscure but richer:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canterbury_scene
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline JP

« Reply #7112 on: Thu, 01 August 2019, 11:32:19 »

Definitely a masterpiece.

About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #7113 on: Thu, 01 August 2019, 14:28:42 »

Mibri - Aroused by Proxima (2019 Commodore 64 demo) :eek:

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #7114 on: Thu, 01 August 2019, 15:31:55 »
Fans of mainstream 1970s "progressive rock" like Yes should check out the slightly more obscure but richer:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canterbury_scene

An entire subgenre I've never heard of - thanks!  Will check this out. 

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #7115 on: Fri, 02 August 2019, 01:47:08 »

Offline Chevy_Monsenhor

« Reply #7116 on: Fri, 02 August 2019, 08:27:31 »
Keyboards: Leopold FC900R (Pinks), Logitech G613
Mice: Glorious Model O (Glossy), Logitech G305

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #7117 on: Fri, 02 August 2019, 11:24:56 »

Grateful Dead - 1970/2/13 @ Fillmore East (Live Recording)

I still don't understand it, but they're now on my vinyl shortlist--just had to dig a bit to find some of the earlier stuff.

Offline JP

« Reply #7118 on: Fri, 02 August 2019, 13:42:44 »
King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard

« Last Edit: Fri, 02 August 2019, 14:45:50 by JP »

Offline Doluded

• road to black star
« Reply #7119 on: Fri, 02 August 2019, 16:04:48 »
King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard

**** yes, such a great band.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #7120 on: Sun, 04 August 2019, 11:14:00 »

Grateful Dead - Me and My Uncle (Live in Veneta, Oregon 8/27/72)

I checked out some of Yes's Yessongs and my ears weren't in the mood for it.  I'll probably cue up some live recordings in the future though.

edit - I've noticed in some of the 70s recordings The Dead lose some cohesion while jamming out, regardless I've listened to a few live recordings multiple times.  Good stuff.
« Last Edit: Sun, 11 August 2019, 23:06:03 by csmertx »

Offline appaboy

« Reply #7121 on: Sun, 11 August 2019, 20:43:23 »

**** slaps
PC Singa, MIR80, TX84se, g80-3314, g80-0427, g80-5000 + 5700, G80-3700, g81-3000 HBU (og wob)

HASRO keycaps
OG POM keycaps
SAI OG Italian dyesubs
Scarface Fn blank

Offline Doluded

• road to black star
« Reply #7122 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 15:02:04 »
Dido - Thank You

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline natAT

« Reply #7124 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 13:31:17 »

I was -3 when this game came out. But I really enjoyed playing through it (and it's soundtrack) on my Dad's ancient PS1.

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #7125 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 14:06:59 »
:cool: Partiboi69 :cool:

:cool: Partiboi69 :cool:

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline JP

« Reply #7126 on: Tue, 20 August 2019, 08:17:00 »

Offline nelamvr6

« Reply #7127 on: Tue, 20 August 2019, 10:11:29 »
Keychron Q6 w/ Zeal Clickiez | IBM Model F AT | Leopold FC660C | HHKB Type S

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #7128 on: Tue, 20 August 2019, 20:28:30 »

Kero Kero Bonito - Flamingo

Found thanks to watt.designs 🔥

Offline appaboy

« Reply #7129 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 11:30:11 »
PC Singa, MIR80, TX84se, g80-3314, g80-0427, g80-5000 + 5700, G80-3700, g81-3000 HBU (og wob)

HASRO keycaps
OG POM keycaps
SAI OG Italian dyesubs
Scarface Fn blank

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #7130 on: Sun, 25 August 2019, 19:55:05 »

LMan - The Tuneful Eight - 8 REAL SIDs - C64 Chiptune

Offline invariance

• ...here with all the other boson's
« Reply #7131 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 03:32:26 »
The only BS I
want to hear is
from a Model M:
PN:1391401
DOB: 04FEB87
      Wyse 85      Mtek K104
SMK Blue: Chicony KB-5181; HyperX Aqua: HyperX Alloy Origins *Yet-to-rebuild: A 69 key C. P. Clare Foam & Foil assy *Rubber: Digital LK46W-A2; uSoft Natural Pro RT9401, Natural Multimedia 1.0A RT9470, Natural Ergonomic 4000 KU-0460; "Avid" Sejin SLKR2233; "Diamond Touch" Mitsubishi 6511-PB

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #7132 on: Thu, 29 August 2019, 21:18:29 »
this is very good
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 August 2019, 21:28:08 by noisyturtle »

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #7133 on: Fri, 30 August 2019, 11:24:21 »
Like 40hrs+ of Dead concerts (1969-1972).  Leaning more towards the 1957 Alligator Stratocaster years for some reason.

Offline JP

« Reply #7134 on: Fri, 30 August 2019, 11:49:21 »
The song of my people.
« Last Edit: Fri, 30 August 2019, 12:38:53 by JP »

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #7136 on: Sun, 01 September 2019, 13:24:16 »

Yiruma - River Flows In You ft. Kittens (初戀)

edit - Aight, serious time

Grateful Dead - Terrapin Station (Terrapin Station)

Yes - Live @ Cameron Indoor Stadium 11-11-1972 (Live Recording | #3 of Progeny: Seven Shows from Seventy-Two). 
Hunted a while to find a recording with some clarity for Yes in the 72' time frame.  I guess 72' was a good year for live shows--definitely my favorite year so far for Dead live recordings.  ty for the recommend hoff

Grateful Dead - Estimated Prophet (Live @ Fox Theatre 04-19-1977 | Terrapin Station). 
Apparently 77' was a great year too.  I've much to learn.
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 September 2019, 23:26:01 by csmertx »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #7137 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 03:46:45 »
Turkish psychedelic funk from the '70s

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #7138 on: Sat, 07 September 2019, 20:56:02 »

Grateful Dead - Sunrise (Terrapin Station).. for all the Donna (and Rex) haters

Just deal with it and move on.  I grew up around a metric ton of country music, and yet somehow I never got in to it.  So it goes.

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #7139 on: Thu, 12 September 2019, 16:20:31 »
I AM LISTENING TO CONTROLLA BY DRAKE
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline natAT

« Reply #7140 on: Mon, 16 September 2019, 10:15:59 »

(Yoda voice) Kickass this is. Listen to it you must.

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #7141 on: Mon, 16 September 2019, 21:55:39 »
I AM LISTENING TO HOTLINE BLING BY DRAKE
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #7142 on: Mon, 16 September 2019, 22:04:44 »

(Yoda voice) Kickass this is. Listen to it you must.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #7143 on: Mon, 16 September 2019, 22:52:16 »
Dylan & The Dead, but I'm not feelin' it at all.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #7144 on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 20:38:14 »

Offline yuppie

« Reply #7145 on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 21:47:25 »
"Overall, it's a good community..  wish you well on your Pokemon Journey.." - TP4
Current Trades -- Wishlist

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #7146 on: Wed, 18 September 2019, 10:28:50 »

Hidenori Maezawa - Basement (The Goonies II for NES)

Cyndi Lauper, Broughton Lunt, Aurthur Stead, Satoe Terashima - The Goonies 'R' Good Enough (The Goonies II for NES)

Offline JP

« Reply #7147 on: Sun, 22 September 2019, 11:31:01 »

Offline JP

« Reply #7148 on: Mon, 23 September 2019, 10:12:10 »

Offline Davyb123music

• "Music is the Best"- FZ
« Reply #7149 on: Wed, 25 September 2019, 01:01:58 »
My Kiddo snoring...