Author Topic: How to install new Model F (F77) stabilizers properly?  (Read 1042 times)

Offline Xontaro

How to install new Model F (F77) stabilizers properly?
« on: Fri, 06 May 2022, 06:52:13 »
I just wanted to do the initial setup for my Model F using the provided manual (https://www.modelfkeyboards.com/manual/). The white horizontal stabilizers went in with a bit of force, but the black vertical stabilizer for my ISO Enter (please don't judge) got stuck half way. Is this simply a case of a little more force or is there a special way to insert these black stabilizers which I overlooked?
Would be super grateful if someone could help me, since I cannot wait to try this new keyboard.

285984-0

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: How to install new Model F (F77) stabilizers properly?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 06 May 2022, 07:04:01 »
I don't have one of the new ones, but in the vintage boards the vertical stabilizers had the larger mass at the top.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Xontaro

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 06 May 2022, 07:41:11 »
Hey thank you for your reply Fohat, you are correct that most vertical keys use this stabilizer with the larger mass on top. The ISO enter seems to be an exception to this though, I read this in the manual I linked above and verified with an ISO Model M I occasionally use.
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 May 2022, 07:47:23 by Xontaro »

Offline Xontaro

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 06 May 2022, 08:34:27 »
I managed to fix my stabilizer, by applying a little more force by pushing it down with both of my thumbs. This was suggested Tail_typist from deskthority.