Author Topic: Post your Topre Keyboard  (Read 2624571 times)

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
Re: Post your Topre Keyboard
« Reply #1150 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 01:08:19 »
Here is my new type-s, so happy with it. Seems neunelfer and I decided on a similar colour scheme :)

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #1151 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 02:07:46 »
Here is my new type-s, so happy with it. Seems neunelfer and I decided on a similar colour scheme :)

Show Image

Awesome hypnocap! Diggin the blanks! welcome to the club :thumb:
sell out and eat ass

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1152 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 03:00:46 »

Show Image

Awesome hypnocap! Diggin the blanks! welcome to the club :thumb:

Thanks! I've had the hypnocap for ages now just waiting for it's board, glad I can finally use it :)

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1153 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 08:04:37 »

Show Image

Yeah it definitely looks very cool on that board with the color scheme going on, and when did you get the keyboard just recently? And out of a lot of the customized keycaps for topre keyboards, that surprisingly this is one of my favorites as far as aesthetics I just love way it looks especially with the rest of the board. Where do you get it? in the classifieds? and finally was it ubber expensive like some caps are ? Thanks and cool keyboard man
Leopold FC660C- Realforce 87u 55g- QFR mx Blues

Offline neunelfer

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #1154 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 12:15:54 »
Here are some better ones.  ;)

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1155 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 15:09:01 »

Show Image

Yeah it definitely looks very cool on that board with the color scheme going on, and when did you get the keyboard just recently? And out of a lot of the customized keycaps for topre keyboards, that surprisingly this is one of my favorites as far as aesthetics I just love way it looks especially with the rest of the board. Where do you get it? in the classifieds? and finally was it ubber expensive like some caps are ? Thanks and cool keyboard man

I collected some caps before hand, I've been wanting it for a while :) Check out hypnocaps, do_Og@n makes them on request, I chose the colours.

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1156 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 15:09:51 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Great photos!

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1157 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 22:01:32 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Yeah I second that these are some seriously nice photos of this keyboard, really crisp and the colors just pop out making it look all the nicer aesthetically. What kind of camera did you use taking these? because you should invest and become a professional keyboard photographer..lol and you can take pocket sized photos for me of my Leopold so I can give out some budget gifts next xmas...hah, wife will kill me if she reads this. But seeing as I would never do such a thing, you take really decent photos, and your HHKB pro 2 is great just in looks alone.

Offline neunelfer

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #1158 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 23:23:05 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Great photos!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Yeah I second that these are some seriously nice photos of this keyboard, really crisp and the colors just pop out making it look all the nicer aesthetically. What kind of camera did you use taking these? because you should invest and become a professional keyboard photographer..lol and you can take pocket sized photos for me of my Leopold so I can give out some budget gifts next xmas...hah, wife will kill me if she reads this. But seeing as I would never do such a thing, you take really decent photos, and your HHKB pro 2 is great just in looks alone.

Thanks guys!

I used a Nikon D60 with a 35mm 1.8 lens and lots of natural light.

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1159 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 14:37:22 »
Cooler Master Novatouch Tenkeyless (Topre) keyboard

Okay for everyone on this thread who loves their topre keyboard, and is disappointed with the discontinuation of their key caps. I knew from discussions and light reading that Cooler Master was trying to get into the Topre playing field. Now granted I love what realforce and the others have done with their topre switches, I will say that it is hard to deal with the modding options being cut down.

Cooler master has come out with two newer keyboards, the first being a cherry mx mechanical keyboard, which is basically rehash of the Rapid(which I own) but with the lighting affects with led back lighting similar to that of a Ducky Shine 2 and 3. Pretty cool rehash for those who enjoy their back lit keyboards, and secondly which was the reason I posted this comment in this thread being...that they are releasing the rapid aesthetically on all outside appearances, but with topre switches instead of the standard cherry mx. Now, that is cool, but no super huge thing, except the fact that you can actually mod their topre keyboards with cherry mx key caps! because of the cross shape stem in the center of the topre cylinder stem to use as a cherry key cap adapter. 

Now many of the people on this thread have had their topre keyboards longer than I, and many of you probably know about this keyboard coming out or have at least heard of it. Which I have heard of it, but I did not know about the option to mod this keyboard with cherry mx key caps which I think is an awesome and unique feature that will definitely get topre keyboard enthusiasts to purchase on of these for that reason. Also, the fact that the rapid's design is very nice aesthetically for those who like a minimalist design and this keyboard definitely has that.

Many recommend the Leopold fc660c for a first time topre owner, and that is the keyboard I own which I happen to love entirely. Well I say that this might have to be the keyboard to buy for those either switching from cherry to topre to experience, or even for those who got into the topre switch later on and can no longer find key caps to mod and customize for a decent price.
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 January 2014, 14:51:25 by Travellerr »

Offline reziak

• Topre/60% Enthusiast
« Reply #1160 on: Fri, 17 January 2014, 03:43:43 »
Recent.
51286-0
Moar recent!
51288-1

HHKB Pro 2 | FC660C | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1161 on: Fri, 17 January 2014, 04:43:40 »
Recent.
(Attachment Link)
Moar recent!
(Attachment Link)

Very nice! love the white and gray keys on the numpad too. Where did you get those?

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #1162 on: Fri, 17 January 2014, 05:22:21 »

Okay for everyone on this thread who loves their topre keyboard, and is disappointed with the discontinuation of their key caps. I knew from discussions and light reading that Cooler Master was trying to get into the Topre playing field. Now granted I love what realforce and the others have done with their topre switches, I will say that it is hard to deal with the modding options being cut down.

Cooler master has come out with two newer keyboards, the first being a cherry mx mechanical keyboard, which is basically rehash of the Rapid(which I own) but with the lighting affects with led back lighting similar to that of a Ducky Shine 2 and 3. Pretty cool rehash for those who enjoy their back lit keyboards, and secondly which was the reason I posted this comment in this thread being...that they are releasing the rapid aesthetically on all outside appearances, but with topre switches instead of the standard cherry mx. Now, that is cool, but no super huge thing, except the fact that you can actually mod their topre keyboards with cherry mx key caps! because of the cross shape stem in the center of the topre cylinder stem to use as a cherry key cap adapter. 

Now many of the people on this thread have had their topre keyboards longer than I, and many of you probably know about this keyboard coming out or have at least heard of it. Which I have heard of it, but I did not know about the option to mod this keyboard with cherry mx key caps which I think is an awesome and unique feature that will definitely get topre keyboard enthusiasts to purchase on of these for that reason. Also, the fact that the rapid's design is very nice aesthetically for those who like a minimalist design and this keyboard definitely has that.

Many recommend the Leopold fc660c for a first time topre owner, and that is the keyboard I own which I happen to love entirely. Well I say that this might have to be the keyboard to buy for those either switching from cherry to topre to experience, or even for those who got into the topre switch later on and can no longer find key caps to mod and customize for a decent price.

:blank:
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1163 on: Fri, 17 January 2014, 08:59:14 »

What does the blank face mean? Are you unhappy with the post I put up? Because this makes me somewhat sad if this is the case. I am thoroughly excited to possibly have a 55g uniform weighted tenkeyless keyboard with hybrid capactive switches (topre though they were trying not to say that word like the whole time the video was happening, lol) at a cooler master price point. The prices of Cooler Master tend to be pretty good for a mechanical keyboard, so I am hoping with all the hope that it is under the 160 mark because that would be great to own one of these keyboards at the weighting I want with the option to put my cherry key caps on them.

Offline neunelfer

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #1164 on: Fri, 17 January 2014, 09:13:03 »

What does the blank face mean? Are you unhappy with the post I put up? Because this makes me somewhat sad if this is the case. I am thoroughly excited to possibly have a 55g uniform weighted tenkeyless keyboard with hybrid capactive switches (topre though they were trying not to say that word like the whole time the video was happening, lol) at a cooler master price point. The prices of Cooler Master tend to be pretty good for a mechanical keyboard, so I am hoping with all the hope that it is under the 160 mark because that would be great to own one of these keyboards at the weighting I want with the option to put my cherry key caps on them.

I think it might be because the aim of this thread is mainly for pictures with less emphasis on discussion.

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1165 on: Fri, 17 January 2014, 10:09:14 »

I think it might be because the aim of this thread is mainly for pictures with less emphasis on discussion.

I know and I apologize and have been posting pictured of different mods I have made for the Leo that I own, but it was more of the face that I saw the news and video of this keyboard finally and wanted to let you guys know, because of the fact that I have seen all the pics and comments on this thread. Now, that you have brought it up I am sorry was not thinking when I was looking at  new posts on this thread I watched the video of the NovaTouch and wanted to share and inform those of members that did not know about this keyboard. Sorry about the lack of photos of this post.

Offline neunelfer

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #1166 on: Fri, 17 January 2014, 10:12:17 »

I know and I apologize and have been posting pictured of different mods I have made for the Leo that I own, but it was more of the face that I saw the news and video of this keyboard finally and wanted to let you guys know, because of the fact that I have seen all the pics and comments on this thread. Now, that you have brought it up I am sorry was not thinking when I was looking at  new posts on this thread I watched the video of the NovaTouch and wanted to share and inform those of members that did not know about this keyboard. Sorry about the lack of photos of this post.

I don't really mind, I just figured that's what the face was for. I realize you were just trying to spread the word in case people weren't aware.

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1167 on: Fri, 17 January 2014, 10:22:11 »
Yeah, that is definitely all I was doing. Also, I am very excited for the possibilities of using cherry mx keycap sets with the Topre switches. I believe it will be a big hit for both enthusiasts and newer or soon to be Topre keyboard owners. So thanks for the reply and if you find out anything about these keyboards that I have not mentioned let me know, because I want to keep an eye out for the release date and the affordability.

Offline reziak

• Topre/60% Enthusiast
« Reply #1168 on: Fri, 17 January 2014, 11:11:19 »
Yeah, that is definitely all I was doing. Also, I am very excited for the possibilities of using cherry mx keycap sets with the Topre switches. I believe it will be a big hit for both enthusiasts and newer or soon to be Topre keyboard owners. So thanks for the reply and if you find out anything about these keyboards that I have not mentioned let me know, because I want to keep an eye out for the release date and the affordability.

Hey man,

Thanks for wanting to share this info with us - a lot of us are also very excited about this! The lack of response is just due to this kind of post just being posted in the wrong place. As mentioned before, the "Geekhack Media"  section is really geared towards media (mainly pictures of our beloved boards and keycaps, but other things too). Check out this thread where other people are also excited about this - I'm sure you can continue discussing this with interested folks over there  :thumb: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=50380.0

Offline reziak

• Topre/60% Enthusiast
« Reply #1169 on: Fri, 17 January 2014, 11:12:25 »
Recent.
(Attachment Link)
Moar recent!
(Attachment Link)

Very nice! love the white and gray keys on the numpad too. Where did you get those?

They're the GMK White/Beige set from Originative!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1170 on: Fri, 17 January 2014, 20:29:40 »
Becoming more colourful ...

51412-0
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline sublime

« Reply #1171 on: Sat, 18 January 2014, 00:12:37 »

(Attachment Link)

Nice ruby translucent! I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of mine

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1172 on: Sat, 18 January 2014, 00:55:43 »

(Attachment Link)

Nice ruby translucent! I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of mine

Thanks!

I've been waiting for something translucent and red for years now (although MX would have been perfect, to go on my red-backlit Ducky Shine).
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #1173 on: Sat, 18 January 2014, 01:11:26 »
I think the translucent red key would look even better on a black keyboard... uhm can't wait to get mine...
I like the Yellow Esc there!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1174 on: Sat, 18 January 2014, 01:37:34 »
I think the translucent red key would look even better on a black keyboard... uhm can't wait to get mine...
I like the Yellow Esc there!

I have only white HHKB.

Yellow Esc was a gift from GirlShark WizBro :)

Offline n2k

• plasticchair
    • donate skins pls
« Reply #1175 on: Sat, 18 January 2014, 07:23:52 »

Facing a tough decision every day.

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #1176 on: Sat, 18 January 2014, 07:54:45 »
Show Image

Look at my sig (all dem kehberbs)...there is no decision to be made my friend.

HHKB all day er' day.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline mljs54

• Team Topre
« Reply #1177 on: Sat, 18 January 2014, 10:40:10 »
Pretty content with my keyboards ATM :)

ReΛlforce 87UB EK

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1178 on: Sat, 18 January 2014, 11:42:23 »
Show Image

Show Image

HHKB all day er' day.

I would have to agree though I have not had the pleasure and or luxury of using or owning the HHKB pro 2. I know the differences between topre switches and cherry mechanical switches, and though cherry switches do have some nice switches and some great keyboards have been made with cherry switches such as the poker 2. I would have to say after owning the Leopold fc660c keyboard with 45g weighting with red realforce pbt caps, that it is the nicest and most enjoyable typing/gaming experience I have had the luck to have. Also, that the only keyboard I would consider getting after this is the topre switches with the 55g weighting in the Realforce 87u and or now the Cooler master Nova touch with same weighting, which is all dependent on pricing, availability, quality of the Nova, and the fact that the Nova may not have 55g weighting for a while after it initially comes out to market. I also happen to even include the Nova because of the fact that topre pbt key caps have been discontinued and I know I could use the cherry mx caps on this keyboard. So, for the Realforce users and owner s out there that have used both the 45g and 55g weighting which do you prefer. Please let me know to help me in my adventure and decision, because I love the Leo but I do not to limit myself to one Topre keyboard and one typing of weighting.

Offline mljs54

• Team Topre
« Reply #1179 on: Sat, 18 January 2014, 11:44:07 »
Show Image

Show Image

HHKB all day er' day.

I would have to agree though I have not had the pleasure and or luxury of using or owning the HHKB pro 2. I know the differences between topre switches and cherry mechanical switches, and though cherry switches do have some nice switches and some great keyboards have been made with cherry switches such as the poker 2. I would have to say after owning the Leopold fc660c keyboard with 45g weighting with red realforce pbt caps, that it is the nicest and most enjoyable typing/gaming experience I have had the luck to have. Also, that the only keyboard I would consider getting after this is the topre switches with the 55g weighting in the Realforce 87u and or now the Cooler master Nova touch with same weighting, which is all dependent on pricing, availability, quality of the Nova, and the fact that the Nova may not have 55g weighting for a while after it initially comes out to market. I also happen to even include the Nova because of the fact that topre pbt key caps have been discontinued and I know I could use the cherry mx caps on this keyboard. So, for the Realforce users and owner s out there that have used both the 45g and 55g weighting which do you prefer. Please let me know to help me in my adventure and decision, because I love the Leo but I do not to limit myself to one Topre keyboard and one typing of weighting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paragraph
ReΛlforce 87UB EK

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1180 on: Sat, 18 January 2014, 14:27:59 »
Show Image

Show Image

HHKB all day er' day.

really yes I know what a paragraph is, lol, but I do not think that very many people in the community are searching for writing errors. In fact you pointing it out is kind of useless because I was in a rush while writing the initial comment out. So, I am sorry that my lack of paragraph upset you to the point of linking it's definition under my comment...but I will try to make more time in the next  comment.

Offline MJ45

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #1181 on: Sat, 18 January 2014, 17:05:58 »
Show Image

Show Image

HHKB all day er' day.

really yes I know what a paragraph is, lol, but I do not think that very many people in the community are searching for writing errors. In fact you pointing it out is kind of useless because I was in a rush while writing the initial comment out. So, I am sorry that my lack of paragraph upset you to the point of linking it's definition under my comment...but I will try to make more time in the next  comment.
I ain't got no proper grammatical skills but when I type I use an HHKB Pro 2 or Realforce 87UB 55g and still feel good about it.

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1182 on: Sat, 18 January 2014, 18:56:00 »
Show Image

Show Image

HHKB all day er' day.

I ain't got no proper grammatical skills but when I type I use an HHKB Pro 2 or Realforce 87UB 55g and still feel good about it.

That was what I was originally asking about earlier. Wanted to know how owners and or users felt about the differences and similarities between the 45g and 55g uniform Topre keyboards? I happen to love the Leopold 660c with the 45g keyboard, and I have a strong inclination that I would equally like and or like more the 55g resistance of the Realforce because I was told from another owner of both keyboards that they normally use 45g and lighter switches like that. Then they used the Realforce 55g and they absolutely fell in love. Saying that they feel as though it feels lighter than they might of thought, the difference being that you can feel the tactile bump, and it being more pronounce, giving a more rich typing experience then their 45g HHKB pro2. Then they told me they are going to try modding the HHKB with the rubber domes from the Realforce to attempt to replicated the feeling and tactile experience on their preferred form factor, being the HHKB pro 2. So, seeing that I already own a 45g weighted keyboard I am considering saving for either the Realforce 55g and or waiting for the Nova Touch(being that they still are planning on releasing both a 55g and a 30g weighted version of their keyboard also that the price point is more affordable than the Realforce).

Offline MJ45

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #1183 on: Sat, 18 January 2014, 20:00:52 »
@Traveller, The HHKB is my first Topre keyboard and I found out that Topre is my favorite switch type. I think the HHKB is with out equal for typing, writing and such but 45g is as light as I like. For general purpose use where a TKL is more suitable like gaming and stuff I wanted a Realforce TKL. Most GH users have said the 45g RF felt mushy compaired to the HHKB and most liked the 55g RF. So I got the RF 87UB 55g and have no regrets with my choice. But in the end its a matter of personal preference in switch types and weight.   

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1184 on: Sat, 18 January 2014, 22:14:41 »
@Traveller, The HHKB is my first Topre keyboard and I found out that Topre is my favorite switch type. I think the HHKB is with out equal for typing, writing and such but 45g is as light as I like. For general purpose use where a TKL is more suitable like gaming and stuff I wanted a Realforce TKL. Most GH users have said the 45g RF felt mushy compaired to the HHKB and most liked the 55g RF. So I got the RF 87UB 55g and have no regrets with my choice. But in the end its a matter of personal preference in switch types and weight.

Yes I know that it comes down to preference, but I still like to hear those other topre keyboard owner's opinions on their keyboards. I also was told about the mushiness of the Realforce 45g compared to the HHKB pro 2 and also the Leopold fc660c(which I use). This is also why I am planning on wanting and then buying the RF 55g, because I would like to have a more standard tenkeyless for school. I was just looking for more feedback when I asked because of you owning both 45g( which mine has as well) and the 55g. So, I have been told by many RF owners that the 55g feels just amazing in its difference from the 45g Topre keyboards, and I am looking forward to feeling the difference from my Leo to the RF. Topre is also my favorite switch to date, because I cannot typing permanently on anything else that does not have this switch.

Offline mljs54

• Team Topre
« Reply #1185 on: Sun, 19 January 2014, 22:25:21 »

Yes I know that it comes down to preference, but I still like to hear those other topre keyboard owner's opinions on their keyboards. I also was told about the mushiness of the Realforce 45g compared to the HHKB pro 2 and also the Leopold fc660c(which I use). This is also why I am planning on wanting and then buying the RF 55g, because I would like to have a more standard tenkeyless for school. I was just looking for more feedback when I asked because of you owning both 45g( which mine has as well) and the 55g. So, I have been told by many RF owners that the 55g feels just amazing in its difference from the 45g Topre keyboards, and I am looking forward to feeling the difference from my Leo to the RF. Topre is also my favorite switch to date, because I cannot typing permanently on anything else that does not have this switch.

I have owned a 55g (103UB, my first Topre board) and currently use a 45g RF and HHKB.  I don't think the 45g is "mushy" at all.  In fact, I prefer it to the 55g, but I do like lighter switches.  The 55g is definitely more "springy" or whatever you want to call it.  For general typing and gaming I prefer the HHKB by a long shot (in fact I LOVE it for gaming), and mainly use my RF when I'm working in MS Office apps as quiet frankly the HHKB layout is not that great for shortcuts that involve pressing Ctrl + Shift + arrow keys simultaneously (such as when you're editing blocks of texts in Word and Powerpoint. or using navigational shortcuts in Excel).  Hope this was helpful, send me a message if you have any questions!
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 January 2014, 09:33:43 by mljs54 »
ReΛlforce 87UB EK

Offline kelske

• The North Borders
« Reply #1186 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 03:28:49 »
Hmmm, whenever I try adding something else to this; it just ends up right back here... :thumb:

HHKB Type-S 55g - FC660M - FC210TP

Offline neunelfer

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #1187 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 11:09:24 »
Hmmm, whenever I try adding something else to this; it just ends up right back here... :thumb:

Show Image

Nice photo  :thumb:

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1188 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 13:29:59 »

Show Image

Nice photo  :thumb:

I can understand why you keep bringing it back to this, because it looks perfect with the look you have for it. I absolutely love that skeleton key cap you have with the grey key caps. I think any thing else with this would take away from the look it has right now and would not look as good. I have a leopold 660c with all red key caps from Realforce, which are blank except for the wasd (which are dye sub with legends and arrows on side of the cap), I believe this also looks really good. I  usually tend to replace all the keys in a specific color and or colors, or will pick the escape key to be a color that is opposite and or compliments the rest of the keyboards key caps. Either way it looks great.

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1189 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 15:34:14 »
My Filco had a Topre baby :))

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1190 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 17:25:32 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

LOL, the baby and definitely is as lovely as the parent, I am digging the modification keys you have for both of the keyboards. What kind of switches are under the hood of that filco btw?
The more I see the HHKB pro2 the more I would like one, but I have a Leoplold fc660c and I love it. I modded the keyboard with Realforce red key caps acorss the board(blank caps) except the WASD has the red dye sub with the letters on top and arrows on the front. I wish they has the HHKB in different weighting, like the Realforce, because then I would definitely get one instead of buying the RF I want to save up for. Where did you get the caps for HHKB? I really dig them, I mean I know the hypnocap one you got from the classifieds.

Offline o2dazone

« Reply #1191 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 18:04:41 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

boner alert

Offline neunelfer

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #1192 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 20:30:07 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

boner alert

Haha, thanks. I love your pictures and setup on flickr.

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1193 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 22:04:16 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

boner alert

Haha, thanks. I love your pictures and setup on flickr.

It is pretty clear why you like flicker, because these pictures look just awesome man. I really want to look into getting some modifying key caps...granted I did buy a whole red Realforece set that looks awesome on the Leopold, but I would like to have something different as far as a color scheme on the next topre keyboard I purchase which will most likely be a Realforce tenkeyless 55g keyboard. Anyways looks great and awesome pictures

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1194 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 01:24:03 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

LOL, the baby and definitely is as lovely as the parent, I am digging the modification keys you have for both of the keyboards. What kind of switches are under the hood of that filco btw?
The more I see the HHKB pro2 the more I would like one, but I have a Leoplold fc660c and I love it. I modded the keyboard with Realforce red key caps acorss the board(blank caps) except the WASD has the red dye sub with the letters on top and arrows on the front. I wish they has the HHKB in different weighting, like the Realforce, because then I would definitely get one instead of buying the RF I want to save up for. Where did you get the caps for HHKB? I really dig them, I mean I know the hypnocap one you got from the classifieds.

I think I have seen that FC660C noticed it immediately because very few have modified keycaps. Yours looks great and I am sure it is great with those caps on. I've heard the switches feel a little nicer on the HHKB but the FC660C has dedicated arrows so I must admit if you are happy with it I wouldn't change. Wish they made a 55g as well, I am looking for 55g domes so I can mod my HHKB but difficult to find. The red ctrl is from PFU direct and the turquoise are blank gasmask keycaps. The Filco has brown switches.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1195 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 11:16:19 »
Topre will soon be ruined.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1196 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 12:43:30 »

Why is that? Now I am concerned with the finality of that statement, and also the certainty of those words. So, if you could elaborate for me so I will know what you are talking about I would appreciate it. You referring to the lack of key caps? or the fact that it is becoming mainstream? I planning on buying one more topre keyboard, the Realforce 87u with 55g so I was just concerned that is all.

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #1197 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 12:55:13 »

So I was at first thinking this statement had something to do with the Novatouch, but it sounds like that actually has Topre switches?

So care to elude, cus' I'm still confused. :)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1198 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 12:56:39 »

So I was at first thinking this statement had something to do with the Novatouch, but it sounds like that actually has Topre switches?

He probably means because people will be putting MX caps on them :P

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1199 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 13:10:03 »

He probably means because people will be putting MX caps on them :P

Yeah I guess I can see why he feels like it would be ruined, but not myself in the sense that topre stopped producing caps for purchase, and for all those people that have yet to buy and could not afford custom caps for Topre keyboards this is a great thing. Hell I am excite by the prospect of getting some nice dye sub pbt's for a lower cost mainly because the supply is there. So, I think it could be considered a really good thing because of the options we will have with buying high quality key caps. Now, people with the realforce(want it), hhkb pro 2( wish it had a different resistance), and the Leopold fc660c(myself) I believe will still be out of luck once Topre caps continue to disappear from the world of keyboard retailers. :-(