Author Topic: Post your Topre Keyboard  (Read 2624436 times)

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
Re: Post your Topre Keyboard
« Reply #4650 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 20:29:48 »
Recieved a 35g old topre board in the mail today. Not a big fan of the board, but I love the caps!  :)

Show Image

More pictures here: [size=78%]http://imgur.com/a/rhcQs[/size]

I don't even use topre and I need it

IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #4651 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 20:33:09 »
Recieved a 35g old topre board in the mail today. Not a big fan of the board, but I love the caps!  :)

Show Image

YUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSS! You finally got it and did it!!!

OMGOMGOMGOMOGMOMGOMGOMGOMOGMG. That is SERIOUSLY beautiful, mane. I can't get over how good that looks. FUUUUUUUUUDGE!!!

... Kind of makes me want to sell something so I can make that... OMG... so good.

Seriously jealous, dood. Sheeeet.

Get ready for me to interrogate you... LOL!

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #4652 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 20:35:18 »
Show Image

Holy sheet... you're using Eunji (Apink) gifs now?! That's my group, yo!!!

<3 <3 <3

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #4653 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 20:38:47 »
Show Image

Holy sheet... you're using Eunji (Apink) gifs now?! That's my group, yo!!!

<3 <3 <3

Show Image

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Valen

« Reply #4654 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 21:00:12 »
I am complete.  ;D

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #4655 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 21:08:40 »
I am complete.  ;D
Show Image

Yes. Yes, you are. JP is beautiful. A Red ESC and Red ISO Enter would make that keyboard PERFECT, but still beautiful as is <3

... What's with the Lite?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4656 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 21:24:56 »

Show Image

Those caps need to be on a black HHKB.

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #4657 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 21:41:41 »

Show Image

Those caps need to be on Air tree's black HHKB.
FTFY

Offline Valen

« Reply #4658 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 21:47:43 »

Yes. Yes, you are. JP is beautiful. A Red ESC and Red ISO Enter would make that keyboard PERFECT, but still beautiful as is <3

... What's with the Lite?
Oh that Lite... Wife wanted a new keyboard but could not appreciate a Topre enough to pay 4 times more.  ;)

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #4659 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 22:04:58 »

Thanks for the hhkb love y'all  :-*

Show Image

Those caps need to be on a black HHKB.

I would have gone black, but I went Type S.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4660 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 23:59:11 »

Show Image

I recognize those caps from somewhere ;) 

Don't forget to get lots of pics of the board so that info can be added to the DT wiki.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #4661 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 00:03:20 »

whoa, those are some really cool caps.  and topre, too!
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #4662 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 01:24:49 »

Show Image

Don't forget to get lots of pics of the board so that info can be added to the DT wiki.

Cool, will do. Should probably make an account over there then.  :)) 

whoa, those are some really cool caps.  and topre, too!

Thanks naasfu!

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #4663 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 04:21:27 »

Show Image

Ohh amazing caps, nice get nubs.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4664 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 08:54:18 »
Not mine atlas, I just posted the deal.  Byker's the one who scored the nice deal.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #4665 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 09:17:19 »
It finally arrived. I'm pretty upset that my graphics card **** the bed last night as I have not really been able to use my computer to take her for a test drive. I hooked it up to my roommates htpc and spent a good hour on it this morning. The keys feel glorious and they are not as heavy as I feared they would be. Just right IMO. I just need to find a Topre replacement key set (preferably one I do not have to sell a kidney for :thumb:) and a Topre artisan or 2 and I will be set :p so happy to join the Legion of thock.
94592-094594-194596-2
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #4666 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 11:20:39 »

It finally arrived. I'm pretty upset that my graphics card **** the bed last night as I have not really been able to use my computer to take her for a test drive. I hooked it up to my roommates htpc and spent a good hour on it this morning. The keys feel glorious and they are not as heavy as I feared they would be. Just right IMO. I just need to find a Topre replacement key set (preferably one I do not have to sell a kidney for :thumb:) and a Topre artisan or 2 and I will be set so happy to join the Legion of thock.
(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)

Congrats on the new board. I've thought about picking up a 55g to try out. One of these days. Good luck finding keysets, printed aren't terrible to find, its those blanks that are unicorn's.

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #4667 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 11:53:27 »
It finally arrived. I'm pretty upset that my graphics card **** the bed last night as I have not really been able to use my computer to take her for a test drive. I hooked it up to my roommates htpc and spent a good hour on it this morning. The keys feel glorious and they are not as heavy as I feared they would be. Just right IMO. I just need to find a Topre replacement key set (preferably one I do not have to sell a kidney for :thumb: ) and a Topre artisan or 2 and I will be set :p so happy to join the Legion of thock.

Starting with the 55g, very nice!

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #4668 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 11:58:46 »

It finally arrived. I'm pretty upset that my graphics card **** the bed last night as I have not really been able to use my computer to take her for a test drive. I hooked it up to my roommates htpc and spent a good hour on it this morning. The keys feel glorious and they are not as heavy as I feared they would be. Just right IMO. I just need to find a Topre replacement key set (preferably one I do not have to sell a kidney for :thumb:) and a Topre artisan or 2 and I will be set so happy to join the Legion of thock.
E
Congrats on the new board. I've thought about picking up a 55g to try out. One of these days. Good luck finding keddysets, printed aren't terrible to find, its those blanks that are unicorn's.

Hey thanks so much I am really loving this board. It's built like a tank and the keys feel so freaking nice. Ya I will definetly be keeping my eyes open for any Topre sets printed or blank. I almost had one someody posted in classifieds but the person changed there mind and decided to keep the, at the last second 8( it looks like wide basket on eBay is my only recourse and for a printed set its like $170 with shipping ugh I'm gong to wait and try to find something a little cheaper. As far as artisans go I'm hoping there are going to be some sales here pretty soon and I have been stashing money out of every pay check so I have a nice little cap fund started. Now all I need is to find a few animals and some pad printed ABS key sets to sacrifice to the key cap deities and a little luck and I should be good lol ill be sure to post some pics when I have it all decked out  ;) thanks guys for all the support and pointing me towards this board as I am really happy with it !  Cheers
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #4669 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 12:08:49 »
I want a blank black set. :'( Or even white mebbe/grey mebbe.
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #4670 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 12:11:20 »

E
Congrats on the new board. I've thought about picking up a 55g to try out. One of these days. Good luck finding keddysets, printed aren't terrible to find, its those blanks that are unicorn's.

Hey thanks so much I am really loving this board. It's built like a tank and the keys feel so freaking nice. Ya I will definetly be keeping my eyes open for any Topre sets printed or blank. I almost had one someody posted in classifieds but the person changed there mind and decided to keep the, at the last second 8( it looks like wide basket on eBay is my only recourse and for a printed set its like $170 with shipping ugh I'm gong to wait and try to find something a little cheaper. As far as artisans go I'm hoping there are going to be some sales here pretty soon and I have been stashing money out of every pay check so I have a nice little cap fund started. Now all I need is to find a few animals and some pad printed ABS key sets to sacrifice to the key cap deities and a little luck and I should be good lol ill be sure to post some pics when I have it all decked out  ;) thanks guys for all the support and pointing me towards this board as I am really happy with it !  Cheers
Here is a white printed set for a decent price. You have to import it, but it's the only real option for a decent price.

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #4671 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 14:26:19 »
I wish I understood Japanese.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #4672 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 14:49:09 »
Use Chrome, it will translate it for you. 

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #4673 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 14:55:05 »
Oh, sweet! Haha. Blank pinks look pretty legit.

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • All the truth in the world is held in stories.
« Reply #4674 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 14:56:38 »

E

You'll also need a Digilog case for it  ;D
null

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #4675 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 15:24:35 »

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4676 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 16:52:33 »

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #4677 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 17:31:27 »
Show Image

why does simple look so sexy..... Im not sure if I'm good enough typist for blanks yet I just ordered some nice and cheap vortex blanks off the new massdrop $39 PBT se but considering an hhkb is a whole new layout im going to have to learn on my poker first which im super familiar with.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #4678 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 17:51:29 »

I love you HHKB! ;)

HHKB loves you too.

why does simple look so sexy..... Im not sure if I'm good enough typist for blanks yet I just ordered some nice and cheap vortex blanks off the new massdrop $39 PBT se but considering an hhkb is a whole new layout im going to have to learn on my poker first which im super familiar with.

The HHKB layout is perfect.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #4679 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 18:05:52 »
I am complete.  ;D
Show Image

Nice HHKB JP !

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #4680 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 20:07:37 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4681 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 20:09:15 »
Recently dental banded and lubed my precious hhkb, and I never thought it would be possible to love it more than I already did.

That space bar stays flipped, #srynotsry

I was going to say, fix the space bar and you'll love it even more :p

But I saw your closing comment :rolleyes:
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #4682 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 20:16:36 »
Recently dental banded and lubed my precious hhkb, and I never thought it would be possible to love it more than I already did.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #4683 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 21:11:50 »

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #4684 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 21:19:29 »

fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine

Show Image

DON'T CONFORM, YOU DO YOU

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #4685 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 21:32:59 »

Offline Kinaesthetic

« Reply #4686 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 21:57:40 »

E

Words of advice from someone who just recently bought a blue RF keyset from Widebasket. Don't pay for express shipping. Not worth it. I chose the regular old shipping. I bought it on the 4th, and received it on the 14th (of March of this year). That includes 3 days sitting in customs in LAX. So basically 7 business days. Well under the time for standard shipping and actually under the max time for expedited. He is INCREDIBLY fast at getting your order shipped out and has fantastic communication. Also packages it extremely well.

Save $24 and put it toward some artisan caps to brighten up the board :P!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4687 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 21:58:18 »

Show Image

DON'T CONFORM, YOU DO YOU

Maybe I flipped it back, you'll never know now.

Show Image

"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #4688 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 21:59:54 »

E

Words of advice from someone who just recently bought a blue RF keyset from Widebasket. Don't pay for express shipping. Not worth it. I chose the regular old shipping. I bought it on the 4th, and received it on the 14th (of March of this year). That includes 3 days sitting in customs in LAX. So basically 7 business days. Well under the time for standard shipping and actually under the max time for expedited. He is INCREDIBLY fast at getting your order shipped out and has fantastic communication. Also packages it extremely well.

wow sorry to hear that dude,

i paid for the EMS express for the orange set and received mine in 5 business days. I dont even think customs checked my order,
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #4689 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 22:10:34 »

i paid for the EMS express for the orange set and received mine in 5 business days. I dont even think customs checked my order,

Yeah, I paid for express when I ordered my white FC660C, and it got here in about 5 days also.  Mine didn't get held up in customs either luckily.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Kinaesthetic

« Reply #4690 on: Fri, 20 March 2015, 00:07:30 »

E

? You are sorry? I think you misread that a bit. Basically saying that I got the EMS Express shipment time while only paying (or in this case since it is free, not paying) for standard shipping. Basically saved $24. No reason to pay for the EMS Express shipping charge with Widebasket.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #4691 on: Fri, 20 March 2015, 05:01:15 »

E

I ordered a Qnix 1440p monitor from Korea and I ****,you not it was at my door step 3-4 days later. I was freaking dumbfounded when I opened the door and saw that. Green Sum and his magical delivery gnomes lol

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4692 on: Fri, 20 March 2015, 09:53:20 »

But I saw your closing comment ::)

Show Image

Cool looking board. Did the dental mod modify the tactility of the keyboard? Does it feel more linear?

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #4693 on: Fri, 20 March 2015, 13:10:55 »
Dem legends.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #4694 on: Fri, 20 March 2015, 13:18:33 »
It finally arrived. I'm pretty upset that my graphics card **** the bed last night as I have not really been able to use my computer to take her for a test drive. I hooked it up to my roommates htpc and spent a good hour on it this morning. The keys feel glorious and they are not as heavy as I feared they would be. Just right IMO. I just need to find a Topre replacement key set (preferably one I do not have to sell a kidney for :thumb:) and a Topre artisan or 2 and I will be set :p so happy to join the Legion of thock.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Congrats on your ultimate feels!!! That is as good as it gets in terms of feels, mane! Hope you give it some tender lovin'.

Show Image

Correct spacebar orientation is correct. Keep it that way :D

Flipped spacebar 4 lyfe!

Show Image

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL. Doesn't look like you'll need to do anything with your HHKB looks any time soon. That's one good lookin' baby.

Dem legends.

Show Image

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU- something about Hiragana legends on Topre boards REALLY gets me going... Beautiful, dood.

« Last Edit: Fri, 20 March 2015, 13:20:13 by VesperSAINT »

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #4695 on: Fri, 20 March 2015, 13:39:01 »

Show Image

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL. Doesn't look like you'll need to do anything with your HHKB looks any time soon. That's one good lookin' baby.

Show Image

Thanks a lot Vesper. I'm gonna replace the printed keys with blanks soon. Someday I'll find some Realforce blanks as well...

Offline Kinaesthetic

« Reply #4696 on: Fri, 20 March 2015, 13:48:39 »

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Congrats on your ultimate feels!!! That is as good as it gets in terms of feels, mane! Hope you give it some tender lovin'.

Show Image

Show Image

Correct spacebar orientation is correct. Keep it that way :D

Flipped spacebar 4 lyfe!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Dem legends.

Show Image

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU- something about Hiragana legends on Topre boards REALLY gets me going... Beautiful, dood.

Show Image

Flipped spacebars are the devil.

Offline btctopre

« Reply #4697 on: Fri, 20 March 2015, 22:02:59 »
Not technically a keyboard, but the beginning phase of a Topre switch tester/key display I'm going to make from a board that's been broken down for parts:

Pretty rough right now (I'm not very good at keeping my hands steady because I have bootleg parkinsons), but I'll cut down the left edge to make it symmetrical width with the right, and do the same with the bottom side to pair with the top, then mount it all on acrylic or something. The layout of the tester will be:
Row 1 - Stock Topre Sliders
Row 2 - Purple/Silenced Topre Sliders
Row 3 - Novatouch Sliders
Row 4 - No idea, maybe cut it off
Column 1 - 30g
Column 2 - 45g
Column 3 - 55g

Then maybe get a case made to put it all in to give the keys some thock/hide the cuts.
edit- and with caps (temporary cardboard base results in varying height)
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 March 2015, 22:13:42 by btctopre »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4698 on: Fri, 20 March 2015, 22:28:06 »
That is totally awesome. :thumb:

Offline btctopre

« Reply #4699 on: Fri, 20 March 2015, 23:43:11 »
Cut it down to 3x3 so I could store it in the Taobao case while still fulfilling my goal of having the three weights and three slider types:

Will smooth out the sides and look for some acrylic for the base tomorrow if I find the time. The idea just kind of popped in my head tonight so I'm winging it as I go.