Author Topic: Okay to slow down Win10 pointer via options?  (Read 12545 times)

Offline typo

Okay to slow down Win10 pointer via options?
« on: Mon, 07 October 2019, 20:53:27 »
Elecom G-Pro Thumb Ball. My end game! just one thing to finalize. I was wondering if it is okay to take the pointer below "5" in Windows properties? I am not gaming. I am using Photoshop, AutoCAD and C# suite. I hacked the registry extensively for much more speed, acceleration and braking. Now, it is simply much too fast too even control anymore. I honestly do not remember all the Reg entries involved and lost my backup due to a Viri last week. I know the gaming crowd does not do this do to acceleration but I have already added a lot of acceleration. So does it even matter in my case if I reduce it? would I notice any other performance issues by doing so? thank you

I am running an eneloop Pro AA in it on LO. so I am imaging it might last several years! I highly recommend these if you have a device such as this. Duracell DX1500 is sometimes the same thing if the package says "Made in Japan" on the back and is much less expensive. So are the Ikea and some Amazon Basics I have read. It is the absolute finest AA for something like this. the other brand can be had as low as $8.00 for a 2 pack. The Eneloop's will set you back $25-$45.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Okay to slow down Win10 pointer via options?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 09 October 2019, 09:30:35 »
The windows system uses a count divider whereas when DPI is changed on the mice/device itself, there's usually better / more precise interpolation of intermediate values.

But since this is not a First Person Shooter, not a huge deal.

Offline typo

Re: Okay to slow down Win10 pointer via options?
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 09 October 2019, 23:39:51 »
Thank you for responding as usual! Although I decided to just add more "breaking" via the registry and keep the speed  close to where it is. However done so in the registry which is actual DPI, VS the slider. Across 3x43"4K displays I need 26,00DPI(interpolated via reg hacks). Pointer at 5 proved most accurate even in Photoshop and Auocad. The Thumball is only on 1000DPI because higher would set the multiplier in the registry too high making it simply so fast it was uncontrollable. 3 things are being adjusted here. The device hardware, the windows GUI slider and the registry. I have it working fine now though. I went from 28,000DPI TO 26,000DPI and increased the breaking from 5 to 7. The acceleration is also set which allows for more precise movement at slower thumb movement.  Now I have the balance of precision and speed that I am happy with. I feel the precision of the Elecom G-Pro the way I have it setup is at least equal to that of a G502. The benefit is no pain. Some say it will injure your thumb but I use it in a manner where that is absolutely not true. I do not bend my thumb and use the tip. I keep my thumb elongated and use the side of it. To me it is much better than the likes of a Slimblade or L-trac. Those feel clumsy to me. This is far more precise. This is endgame for me. An Eneloop Pro battery on the LO setting as it is should last about 3 year before I need to take an hour to recharge it! Try that, Logitech.