Author Topic: [IC] CLASSIC SPACE - SA with Custom Font - MD Poll Up!  (Read 118519 times)

Offline blcksqrrl

• I'm afraid that I just blue myself
Re: [IC] CLASSIC SPACE - SA Keycaps (Major Changes - Need Feedback)
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 21:31:21 »
I love it all. I agree with making it as much a LEGO set as it can possibly be, so glossy ABS works for me. The only thing that I would like to see added is some red, either a WASD set or something of the sort.

I really like the set as it is now and I can't wait to see what improvements are made  :thumb:

Poker II MX Blue

KUL ES-87 MX Blue

Apple Standard Keyboard

Apple Extended Keyboard II

Offline CQ_Cumbers

« Reply #51 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 21:45:23 »
I love it all. I agree with making it as much a LEGO set as it can possibly be, so glossy ABS works for me. The only thing that I would like to see added is some red, either a WASD set or something of the sort.

I really like the set as it is now and I can't wait to see what improvements are made  :thumb:

Red color keys are certainly being planned, but we still haven't heard back from Signature Plastics, so details on how they are being incorporated are still a little up in the air.
I can't wait either - hopefully we'll have new renders by tommorow.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 21:51:25 »
I really like both sets so I hope something can be worked out.

Same here but if one is cancelled what would be the cause of the other one failing from launching here?

We need either one to get up and go, so why is there a complete halt on both sets?

Offline CQ_Cumbers

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 21:55:47 »

Same here but if one is cancelled what would be the cause of the other one failing from launching here?

We need either one to get up and go, so why is there a complete halt on both sets?

I cannot speak for Cospar, but progress certainly has not halted on "Classic Space". We are in the progress of talking with Signature Plastics, but haven't recieved answers yet - stay tuned for renders, hopefully by tommorow. Don't worry, we are still working hard on this behind the scenes.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 22:48:19 »
Show Image

I don't know about that, but I agree with the sentiment. Given the current differences between the sets, and the even more different directions planned, I would hope that classic space fans will find this set more authentic to the theme than MiTo's, which draws inspiration from different sources but still might look attractive to fans of classic space who don't frequent these forums.

MiTo - If you check my post history on here and on reddit, you can see that this set was developed completely independently from Cospar, and that it takes inspiration from different sources and is going in a different direction. I only hope that fans know that your set was not inspired by Classic Space (Whose color scheme I once thought extremely distinctive and unique).

I think this is unique enough, and it is still developing as well. I wouldn't worry about it!
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #55 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 00:50:37 »
Edited due to issues with this project have already been solved.
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 January 2016, 16:14:40 by MiTo »

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #56 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 01:27:37 »
"I can't allow it to happen"

Seriously, MiTo?..... Seriously?!

I think this is a little rich coming from you, considering the CS:GO sets controversy.

These sets have different inspiration, different profile (all Row 3 instead of sculptured), different colours (Cospar is all pastel-like colours, whereas this set is very bright, clear and "solid" colours), different font / logos, different surface finish, etc. The only similarities are that both sets have some form of blue mods and F keys and yellow "highlights", even though the blue is very different and the yellow may end up being clear polycarbonate... The alphas are completely different and the extras / novelties (which are what often define a set) are completely unique (we have some nice ideas for these, by the way).

The original mockup is not what the set looks like any more, so the "distribution" is not the same.

Both sets can be made into GB's and be independently successful because they're targeting different interests and mental connections. There is only one tentative connection between the sets and that is "space"... Like Star Wars and Star Trek.

Stay tuned for the new mockups, we're working hard on it and making an effort to bring this together.

MiTo, please wait for the new mockups and then if you still think there's too much overlap between the sets we can take it into emails instead of in threads.

Thank you.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #57 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 02:03:02 »
Oh, and thanks, Elrick for your support :) The original keycap evangelist.

I also hope both sets will get made.
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #58 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 02:17:12 »
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 January 2016, 16:14:57 by MiTo »

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #59 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 02:18:20 »
Hmm, Mito says he will give CQ_Cumbers the benefit of the doubt but those are some pretty clear accusations. I don't like where this drama is heading. I think I will refrain from further comment until this is cleared up.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #60 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 02:50:43 »
I expect you to understand my friend, let's keep this civil and respect one another.

We ALL shall keep any private matters entirely separate from getting this design made.  After all we should be people willing to accept one another regardless, especially when it comes to developing and creating a key-set for the hard-core addicts belonging to Geekhack.

We live for new Key-sets........

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #61 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 03:03:49 »
"I can't allow it to happen"
Seriously, MiTo?..... Seriously?!

I have much respect for you oobly, so I ask you, or whoever is designing this, to respect myself too and comply with the solutions I provided. I was very clear and the sets are indeed extremely similar. This is undeniable. There are many other themes that can be explored and original stuff that can be created. You already now I that I can help.

But please respect me and my hobby as I already respect you since the very beginning of PuLSE. I don't want any sort of drama/stupidity, let's respect each other in every aspect. All I said in this quotation of yours, is that will do my best to prevent a similar idea like this from happening - since I did it before with so much passion. I draw the logo by hand, it is mine. Everything I did is original - from the color choice to the legends.

I expect you to understand my friend, let's keep this civil and respect one another.

I don't either want drama. Which is why I will be sending you a PM and request we continue the discussion there, while those who have an interest in this set can continue posting in this thread.

I do feel that you should have contacted us by PM before making accusations in the thread, however, and request that you do that in future if something like this comes up again.
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #62 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 06:28:30 »
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 January 2016, 16:14:36 by MiTo »

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #63 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 06:51:18 »
PM me. Stop crapping on this thread, or I'll ask the mods to intervene. Thank you.

I kindly request nobody replies to the above post. We'll sort it out outside the thread and will post the results here once we reach a resolution.
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #64 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 06:56:01 »
PM me. Stop crapping on this thread, or I'll ask the mods to intervene. Thank you.

I kindly request nobody replies to the above post. We'll sort it out outside the thread and will post the results here once we reach a resolution.

I will not PM you as I've got other stuff to do. I already made my requests and proposed the only viable solution to me. I'm not thread crapping and already reported the thread because of it's "inspiration". You are not OP and you are not the designer of this keyset.

I'm waiting for his reply.

Offline CQ_Cumbers

« Reply #65 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 07:45:54 »
The "Classic Space" keyset, as of now, is not dead, and we are still checking this thread for discussion about the keyset. I don't mean to disrespect your time, MiTo, but I think it would be better for the other people on this thread if we worked things out in private.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #66 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 12:52:31 »

I'm with you. Lets just get both up and running. They are totally different, and will be quite developed sets. They will both reach MOQ, and since nobody is in it for the money having 100 happy people or 1000 happy people is no different. Making a set is a labor of love for the community.  :)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #67 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 13:02:08 »
I do not want to take severe measures against this project.

Seriously? So you'll just cry some more?

The only reason you came back here was to pimp your massdrop set so you could make $$$$.

PS: And you are not a friendly guy and you don't respect anybody.

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #68 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 13:15:22 »

I'm a pretty open minded person, but the fact that MiTo is basically threatening someone who meant no harm at all over a colourway seems a bit much.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline Bloo

« Reply #69 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 13:21:58 »
Alright.  Back on track.  Cq,  is this where you are currently?

http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/gists/ae6ae72f6f0e773dd25c

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #70 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 13:25:24 »
Alright.  Back on track.  Cq,  is this where you are currently?

http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/gists/ae6ae72f6f0e773dd25c

Exactly.

After some PMs with multiple people, I can't wait to see the new renders! Both projects can certainly coexist and I'm looking forward to the development of Classic Space.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #71 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 14:12:35 »
Ideas are ten a penny but execution is where it counts. I love the Lego kits that inspire your choices and I'm very interested to see the full set of renders and quote from SP.

What about the classic lego minifig smiley face as a custom legend? Black on the yellow background. You'd have to check, but I'd be suprised if they are trademarked due to the amount of variation minifig faces have.

Props to CQ_Cumbers for being calm and respectable forum member  :thumb:  I hope you continue to listen to the constructive majority here on GH, and not the negative minority  :)

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #72 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 16:58:15 »
Ideas are ten a penny but execution is where it counts. I love the Lego kits that inspire your choices and I'm very interested to see the full set of renders and quote from SP.

What about the classic lego minifig smiley face as a custom legend? Black on the yellow background. You'd have to check, but I'd be suprised if they are trademarked due to the amount of variation minifig faces have.

Props to CQ_Cumbers for being calm and respectable forum member  :thumb:  I hope you continue to listen to the constructive majority here on GH, and not the negative minority  :)

I agree..

I hope the others don't mind me sharing this here... great minds think alike?

108342-0

HYPE!

Yup, CQ_Cumbers has handled himself well :)
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #73 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 17:23:38 »
I agree..

Show Image

HYPE!

Benny approves.

Offline CQ_Cumbers

« Reply #74 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 19:16:40 »
Signature Plastics got back to us with answers to some (though not all) of the questions we had about this set. The information they gave us about the availability of different finishes for different key sizes is why the backspace key, and not the enter key, is yellow polycarbonate, and why the mods are semimatte and the alphas are glossy (although this does match how the blue cheese slopes in the original sets were matte, and how the gray plates were glossy). We still have some unanswered questions about font, colors, etc., so things are still very much up to change. We are also looking for community feedback and suggestions on the novelty keys and child deals. More information and new renders can be found in the OP.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #75 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 19:33:09 »
OP is handling this like a champ. Updated and formatted OP, new renders. #hype.

Can't wait to see the end result!

Offline jackiecanev2

« Reply #76 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 19:49:39 »

you didn't create absolutely nothing.

This is golden. I couldn't have said it better myself, actually....

Cheers, CQ_Cumbers.

Also, diggin' on the R3 and the glossy alphas. You could probably get a lot of support for a Planck pack for this kit, given that Jack is selling plancks like crazy over on MD....
| HHKB2 | Viper | 356.2 | Ducati | pitties | scalpels |

Offline neverused

« Reply #77 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 21:54:21 »

This design of yours looks way too much with "Cospar" and I can't allow it to happen. If needed, I will revive "Cospar's" thread immediately - I don't want to do it as I'm already busy, and there's no need for that since manufacturing in the close future in not realistic. Also, my project is already scheduled and Signature Plastics and Massdrop are both aware of "Cospar" - which is not called like that anymore - and the keyset will happen.

Question:

Who the **** cares? If people want to buy this set, they will. If you don't have time to restart the set and/or claim this is a copy of yours (which is a copy of other work), then either get back on it and hope anyone else cares or sit back and let this one go forward. Yours is just as derivative as any other set and personally I like Classic Space better. The market will decide what it wants so give it a rest. This is a ****ing hobby.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #78 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 21:59:38 »
Now I feel like an ******* for pointing out the similarities.  Keep doing your thing OP.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #79 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 22:05:32 »
Signature Plastics got back to us with answers to some (though not all) of the questions we had about this set. The information they gave us about the availability of different finishes for different key sizes is why the backspace key, and not the enter key, is yellow polycarbonate, and why the mods are semimatte and the alphas are glossy (although this does match how the blue cheese slopes in the original sets were matte, and how the gray plates were glossy). We still have some unanswered questions about font, colors, etc., so things are still very much up to change. We are also looking for community feedback and suggestions on the novelty keys and child deals. More information and new renders can be found in the OP.

The dynamic of the glossy and matte finishes are not something I though much about, but it could turn out really nice! I definitely think a uniform profile compliments the lego roots.

First thing that comes to mind is if you have a child deal of a blank 1u in that polycarb yellow (the escape key).... I think that would bring a lot attention to the GB! The Out Of The Vault R3 polycarb keys look insane :)

CQ_Cumbers already thanked you, but let me do it again; Thanks LSB  :thumb:

Cheers, CQ_Cumbers.

Also, diggin' on the R3 and the glossy alphas. You could probably get a lot of support for a Planck pack for this kit, given that Jack is selling plancks like crazy over on MD....

Ehy man, I could care less about your opinions on this...  ;)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #80 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 22:17:28 »
Wasn't totally on board until the LEGO face mockup. 100% in.

Offline jackiecanev2

« Reply #81 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 22:32:48 »

The dynamic of the glossy and matte finishes are not something I though much about, but it could turn out really nice! I definitely think a uniform profile compliments the lego roots.

First thing that comes to mind is if you have a child deal of a blank 1u in that polycarb yellow (the escape key).... I think that would bring a lot attention to the GB! The Out Of The Vault R3 polycarb keys look insane :)

CQ_Cumbers already thanked you, but let me do it again; Thanks LSB  :thumb:

Cheers, CQ_Cumbers.

Ehy man, I could care less about your opinions on this...  ;)

I think you missed the irony of the double negative. CQ_cumbers is doing awesome work.
| HHKB2 | Viper | 356.2 | Ducati | pitties | scalpels |

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #82 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 22:36:00 »
I think you missed the irony of the double negative. CQ_cumbers is doing awesome work.

No no, I did :)
Right back on track!

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #83 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 23:24:55 »
Now I feel like an ******* for pointing out the similarities.  Keep doing your thing OP.

Hey, it was a fair observation, no harm no foul. Everything with all parties has been worked out and everyone was understanding. Didn't want this thread getting derailed and loosing focus, as focus will keep making this better and better  :thumb:

Now I'm off to play with some legos, this set has me all worked up with anticipation  ;D

Offline blai5000

« Reply #84 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 23:28:23 »
The space logo on the space bar is an amazing touch!

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #85 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 00:49:02 »
I agree..

Show Image

HYPE!

Show Image

Benny approves.

Thanks for being understanding and coming around and designing the banner, MiTo.
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #86 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 14:20:14 »
Thanks for being understanding and coming around and designing the banner, MiTo.

I was concerned that it was looking like another keyset, when it was just an outdated mockup.

Just want to help Oobly, it's not much but I hope you like it. I wish you the best of luck with the project which is looking very funny and original.

And above all, have fun.

- if you need, just shoot

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #87 on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 08:38:55 »
Just posting to let everyone know this thread is still alive and we're working hard on the set design:
108643-0

So far the collaboration is working fine:
108645-1

Just hope this doesn't happen:
108647-2

If it does, CQCumbers may have just have to do this:
108649-3

But I hope not... Anyway,

Spaceship!... Spaceship!... SPACESHIP!
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #88 on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 09:16:08 »
Unikitty rainbow mod pack?!  :eek:  ;D

Offline CQ_Cumbers

« Reply #89 on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 09:25:34 »
So, what do you think of the ISO and nonstandard layout kits? Are they missing some keys you need? Do you want support for other alternate layouts, like Plank or Ergodox? If these are requested enough, they may be added to the design.

Again, we plan on using a custom font, but this will come with additional costs in time and money. If any other set designers want to use the Eurostile-like font we have, which is represented by the google font Michroma in the mockups but is actually a line font, please talk with us. It is a versatile typeface with a history of usage in science fiction and modern design, from 2001: A Space Odyssey to the Valentine typewriter, and I think it could suit a variety of interesting past, current, and future keycap sets.

Offline CQ_Cumbers

« Reply #90 on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 09:29:00 »
Unikitty rainbow mod pack?!  :eek:  ;D

Unikitty is awesome (Everything is awesome!),  but it is in such a different style that it would probably better suit a seperate set. We are looking more towards other colors and symbols that were part of the original Classic Space theme, and would fit in comfortably with the blue, gray, and trans yellow of the base design.

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #91 on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 21:14:17 »
Does SP do pbt SA?

I wish...and dare to dream...
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #92 on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 21:26:57 »

+1 for the shout out, nrp.

Pasted for reference [mockup by Mogo]:

Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline blcksqrrl

• I'm afraid that I just blue myself
« Reply #93 on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 21:39:31 »
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! The more I see, the more I want it! I'm glad that any issues were resolved as I really do think that this is one of the prettiest keysets I've seen.

Poker II MX Blue

KUL ES-87 MX Blue

Apple Standard Keyboard

Apple Extended Keyboard II

Offline CQ_Cumbers

« Reply #94 on: Sat, 22 August 2015, 07:55:00 »
I would just like to remind you that we are still hard at work making this set the best it can be, but I will not be able to update this thread for the next two weeks. However, Oobly and livingspeedbump will still be able to read your feedback and suggestions here (Thank them, not me). Please comment if you have feedback or suggestions, or just want to see this set become a reality.

Thank you, everyone, and please continue with your comments!

Offline Purbles_

• Cats & Computers
Re: [IC] CLASSIC SPACE - SA Keycaps (Check end of thread for updates)
« Reply #95 on: Sat, 22 August 2015, 11:41:25 »
Totally interested! Awesome mockup :D

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #96 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 03:30:14 »
Well... we've found out a whole lot of stuff, some good for our GB, some bad. We're currently figuring out how best to get this set made with the custom font we've chosen.

As a little taste to keep this set fresh in your minds, here's a little render of a Caps Lock using the font (semi-matte 1.75x cap with our custom version of a Eurostile-like font).

109446-0

It turns out SP can make 1x and 1.5x PBT SA profile Row 3 caps. You can even buy some right now on the PMK store....

However, they're left overs from a short one-off run made for a client. They cannot be doubleshot and SP doesn't have the holders to dyesub them either. So those few blanks are all you're going to be able to get from them in terms of SA PBT. Sorry.

So we're still aiming for doubleshot glossy ABS for the alphas and other caps, semi-matte for the modifiers, polycarbonate highlight caps in clear yellow (and possibly clear blue), some black on yellow novelties (including the smiley cap), front pad-printed spacebar, etc. All with our custom font.

Here's a pic of the current colour palette, minus the polycarbonate colours:

Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #97 on: Sun, 30 August 2015, 07:07:14 »
Does SP do pbt SA?

I wish...and dare to dream...

Again this mania for SA PBT which would be nice but the immense number of failures they need to go through to get anything like a complete key-set done is beyond their intention or capabilities.

I'm one of those people that like plain old ABS with colours and maybe a fancy font (non Cherry like).  Besides if you love PBT you have lots of choices to purchase off Imsto and Qtan quite easily.

So for now just concentrate on making this Key-set happen and keep it as much as possible to the original concept, so go and "Get Schwifty" on this as soon as possible.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #98 on: Mon, 31 August 2015, 04:45:09 »
The current status if the design is: processing font issues...

We are designing SVG files for the legends, based on the specifications I found in a document from SP and with help from i3oilermaker and hasbaz who made the files for the Cherry Legend Replicas. I have requested detailed specifications, but have not had a response from Melissa yet. I've been waiting for this, since I don't want to go through all that work twice if there's something I need to change (also, my time available for this project is very limited, so I want to spend it well). I will update this thread with new 3D renders as the fonts get done.

There are still uncertainties surrounding the costs involved with using the custom font and how we'll manage these, but so far the concensus is that the font is a quintessential component of the set design and we'll do everything we can to make it so the set can use the font. This has become a bigger project than initially envisioned, but we're commited to getting this set design completed and overcoming the obstacles that prevent it from being "the best it can be". Here's a sample render of an F1 key, although the font may change a bit from this (shorter "arms" on the "F"):

109924-0

We're considering having a few other colours of clear polycarbonate novelty / highlight keycaps (blue from some of the later white spaceships with blue windscreens and red and green from the navigation / running lights present on many of the sets). Here are some test renders showing these colours (although they may be a little different from the ones SP produces), but be aware that these are simply renders to see the colours, not actual keys or kits for the set.

109926-1

109928-2
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #99 on: Mon, 31 August 2015, 05:29:26 »
The current status if the design is: processing font issues...

There are still uncertainties surrounding the costs involved with using the custom font and how we'll manage these, but so far the concensus is that the font is a quintessential component of the set design and we'll do everything we can to make it so the set can use the font. This has become a bigger project than initially envisioned, but we're commited to getting this set design completed and overcoming the obstacles that prevent it from being "the best it can be". Here's a sample render of an F1 key, although the font may change a bit from this (shorter "arms" on the "F"):

(Attachment Link)

We're considering having a few other colours of clear polycarbonate novelty / highlight keycaps (blue from some of the later white spaceships with blue windscreens and red and green from the navigation / running lights present on many of the sets). Here are some test renders showing these colours (although they may be a little different from the ones SP produces), but be aware that these are simply renders to see the colours, not actual keys or kits for the set.

Like were you are heading on this venture.  YES this could be a certainty here when you start seriously looking at making a truly unique Key-set by changing the traditional SP font with your new proposal.

On ya for trying to change our normal expectations here.  Hope this becomes a reality quite soon  :thumb: .