Author Topic: Just got my Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless Cherry MX Blue!  (Read 1662 times)

Offline scribble

Just got my Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless Cherry MX Blue!
« on: Tue, 31 May 2011, 20:51:46 »
I ordered this on ebay a couple of days ago (I got it for 90 bucks, the guy was really nice!)

I have to say, this keyboard is pretty damn amazing. I really enjoy the click that I get, and I just wish I could type on it more! I ordered it to play starcraft 2 mostly, but I feel like i'm going to regret that if it's the only thing i do with this amazing keyboard.

I feel like I can type extremely fast, but I'm not really used to how small this layout is. How long do you think it will take me? The keys are pretty close to each other compared to the old ****ty rubber dome keyboard I had. I think I've made a lot more mistakes now typing this I would on my other keyboard.

And also - I'm interested in trying the MX Browns now :( I wanted those but I saw this deal and couldn't pass it up. It's pretty much brand new :P

I've been stalking this forum a lot and reading a lot about what people have said about these keyboards and they really are up to my expectations. I hope I don't become a keyboard addict.

Thanks guys!
Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless Cherry MX Blue | PLU ML-87 Cherry MX Red

Offline DaemonRaccoon

« Reply #1 on: Tue, 31 May 2011, 20:57:20 »
Welcome to GeekHack! It's too late, you've been bitten.
122-Key Model F 6110345 1985-03-01 | Model M SSK 1391472 1991-01-22 | Rosewill RK-9000 v1 | KBC Poker X | Filco FKBN87M/PWE2

Offline mmmty

• bang! bang!
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 31 May 2011, 20:59:52 »
Quote from: scribble;353914
I hope I don't become a keyboard addict.

Thanks guys!

It's probably too late now but congrats on your new keyboard. I got my tenkeyless Filco brown today too. It's pretty awesome. I'm planning on replacing the keys with PBT then it will be even more awesomer.
Keyboardless

Offline scribble

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 31 May 2011, 21:03:53 »
Quote from: mmmty;353918
It's probably too late now but congrats on your new keyboard. I got my tenkeyless Filco brown today too. It's pretty awesome. I'm planning on replacing the keys with PBT then it will be even more awesomer.

Ahh how would you go about doing that because these keys are ALMOST going to turn shiny. And would you recommend the brown over the blue?

god... already sound like i'm turning into the person I dread to become :P

Offline mmmty

• bang! bang!
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 31 May 2011, 21:15:05 »
Quote from: scribble;353921
Ahh how would you go about doing that because these keys are ALMOST going to turn shiny. And would you recommend the brown over the blue?

god... already sound like i'm turning into the person I dread to become :P

It's already too late...

Tanks for Ripster's post, I got a set of PBT keys today from tankguys. I got the last set of black on black but you can still get white on black there. You can also get a set of engraved black at group buy.

I recommend browns just because I like browns better than blues. Look at my sig, 4 browns and only 1 blue  :)
« Last Edit: Tue, 31 May 2011, 21:18:20 by mmmty »
Keyboardless

Offline looserboy

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 31 May 2011, 21:17:01 »
hahaha, its the beginning :D believe me, i was warned too :D and its quiet, well, extremly difficult not to buy some keyboards or think about other switches ^^ :-) and how they feel :D

Cherry: G80 MX11900blacks  - G80 MX1800 blacks - G80 MX1502 blacks all cards  - G81 MY 8005 ins. cards - G81 MY 3000 modded to 20g (HowTo)
NMB SPACEINVADER white
Noppo: Choc Pro browns  - Choc Mini reds
IBM: Model F IBM: Model M SSK IBM: Model M

Offline scribble

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 31 May 2011, 21:29:37 »
Quote from: mmmty;353928
It's already too late...

Tanks for Ripster's post, I got a set of PBT keys today from tankguys. I got the last set of black on black but you can still get white on black there. You can also get a set of engraved black at group buy.

I recommend browns just because I like browns better than blues. Look at my sig, 4 browns and only 1 blue  :)

So are the PBT keyboard supposed to be resistant to shine? Would you recommend them over the stock filco keys?

Quote from: looserboy;353929
hahaha, its the beginning :D believe me, i was warned too :D and its quiet, well, extremly difficult not to buy some keyboards or think about other switches ^^ :-) and how they feel :D

hahah, at least these are a more healthy addiction than cigarettes then :P

Offline mmmty

• bang! bang!
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 31 May 2011, 21:48:22 »
I think PBT will get less shiny than ABS. Read all about PBT vs ABS comparison here - compliment of Ripster.
http://geekhack.org/showwiki.php?title=Island:16648

According to OCN guide, PBT does not shine as fast. I just don't have my PBT long enough to confirm.
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 June 2011, 00:26:11 by mmmty »
Keyboardless

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 31 May 2011, 22:03:23 »
wlcm 2 gh, i love blues
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline Hydroid

• http://justin.tv/hydr0id
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 31 May 2011, 22:18:54 »
Hey, welcome!

I think its too late, you are hooked. Imagine how it is going to be for me though! I had already reached the conclusion that I wanted to collect keyboards before I found this wonderful forum. All hope is now lost for me.
Intel Core i7 870 @ 2.93GHz | Corsair H50 | 16GB G.Skill DDR3 | Asus P7P55D-E Pro | Galaxy nVidia GeForce GTX 460 SLI
OCZ 60GB SSD | 2x 1TB Seagate Barracuda RAID-0 | Samsung Blu-Ray Burner | Corsair HX-850W | 2x BenQ G2420HD 24"

Leopold FC200R Tenkeyless Blue | Ducky DK9008(B) Blue | Qsenn DT-35 Black PS/2 Rubber Dome |2x Razer Lycosa USB | Microsoft 500 PS/2

Help me support and grow e-sports below!!!
What Happens in Starcraft -- Vlogs -- Twitter

Offline calavera

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 01 June 2011, 00:32:18 »
It was already too late the moment you registered on a Keyboard forum. Seriously. :)

Offline Zet

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 01 June 2011, 22:44:12 »
Welcome to Geek Hack!

and welcome to the club!
The keyboard you have is the next one I want to get, hahaha.

It's weird you fell the layout small, its exactly the same but without the numpad. The keys are full sized and they are not moved closer as far as I know, so it's just the looks that makes you feel/think this, OR, your old rubber dome keyboard had too many space between the keys, since the layout on that filco is pretty much "standard"