Author Topic: Geekhack magic players  (Read 56739 times)

Offline Skuloth

Re: Geekhack magic players
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 21:59:41 »
That underground sea is only in 'pretty good' condition and its over $4k

It's always been the most pricey dual land... I only have the "fake beta" Underground Sea : I've got four "Foreign Black Borders" Underground Sea. They're worth today 100x what I paid them for nearly twenty years ago  :)

(I've got about 30 dual-lands, all FBBs)

Prices for these never ever seems to go down.  It's insane. I probably already said it but my MTG cards are in a safe at the bank. I've got several K's of dual lands and a few other niceties (Bazaar of Baghdad, The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Force of Will, etc.). I probably also have a few things worth some money to collectors, like the first japanese Serra Angel, but totally miscut. I've got binders full of cards in a garage: one day I should try to find someone in my city who knows all the cards and have him have a look at my cards to see which one are worth keeping... A big problem I've got is that I've a ****load of cards in japanese, thousands of them, and I don't speak japanese and can't tell from the drawing which card it is  :D

I still recognized a few things like Lion Eye's Diamond, Natural Order, etc.  So I know I've got a few niceties but I just can't sort all that mess: there are just too many cards  ???

Where are you located, I want to gawk at your nice things :P
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline GenKaan

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Mer caps, mindre käbbel
« Reply #101 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 06:56:22 »
Hehe had 8 Force of will, 4 of each blue dual land (unlimited), 4 mana drain, 4 (BB) Ball lightning, a beta Demonic tutor and a overall killer Oath deck. Sold it to get money for a mortgage loan

Did sting at the time but didnt really enjoy playing the lame Oath style even if I almost never lost. Still got my Tinker deck even if its rekt by restrictions and the movement in the extended format. Still cant believe it was ever legal
|| @Home:: Shine 3 TKL (Mx Red / Deep Space)  || @Work:: G2Pro (Mx Clear / Dye Sub PBT) ||
@Reserve:: HHKB (Topre 45g / Mixed PBT) // Das v3 (Mx Brown / Blank PBT)

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #102 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 07:02:10 »
Hehe had 8 Force of will, 4 of each blue dual land (unlimited), 4 mana drain, 4 (BB) Ball lightning, a beta Demonic tutor and a overall killer Oath deck. Sold it to get money for a mortgage loan

Did sting at the time but didnt really enjoy playing the lame Oath style even if I almost never lost. Still got my Tinker deck even if its rekt by restrictions and the movement in the extended format. Still cant believe it was ever legal

I miss old school magic..  but my favorite thing to do was drafting anyway

Offline smarmar

• My other Dell Quiet Keys is a Model M
    • Short Stories to Read in the Dark
« Reply #103 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 11:32:30 »
[/quote]

Sometimes I wanna kick myself for not getting into MTG in the '90s but, hey, at least I'm into it now (REALLY into it  :-\ ). I've been playing for only 3 months and I've constructed 5 good playable decks and craploads of standard lands that it seems I've been subconsciously collecting (for the artwork, mostly).

I find myself being drawn more to the old-style cards with their traditionally-illustrated art and simplified abilities. I've gotten to the point in which I can look at an illustration and name the artist about 20% of the time. John Avon: my personal fave! I have a lot of cards that I don't even use in decks that I keep just for the artwork. Someday I'd like to matte a bunch of them in a frame.
1992 IBM Model M | Tesoro Durandal[Browns] | Hi-Tek Series 725[Space Invaders] | Tandy Enhanced[Sliders] | Dell Quiet Keys | Mitsumi[AT]

Offline GenKaan

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Mer caps, mindre käbbel
« Reply #104 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 05:11:32 »

I kinda like having a ****ton of money (compare to back then) and spending like $200ish on a deck every other "block" (not sure what its called now). Did build a sligh/curse of the stalked prey deck when Innistrad came out. Paid like $15 each for my Stromkirk Noble, should have never looked em up because now they are down to $2 :p

Magic isn't what it used to be. either Im getting old or all these kids with their skateboards should get off my front yard
|| @Home:: Shine 3 TKL (Mx Red / Deep Space)  || @Work:: G2Pro (Mx Clear / Dye Sub PBT) ||
@Reserve:: HHKB (Topre 45g / Mixed PBT) // Das v3 (Mx Brown / Blank PBT)

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #105 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 08:43:58 »
get their skateboards off my lawn, and their hands off my keyboard!

Offline smarmar

« Reply #106 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 12:16:29 »
Question for you guys:

Spellshift
"Counter target instant or sorcery spell. Its controller reveals cards from the top of his or her library until he or she reveals an instant or sorcery card. That player may play that card without paying its mana cost. Then he or she shuffles his or her library."

I'd like to cast Spellshift on my own spell in hopes of searching my library for a specific sorcery spell. The phrase "...until he or she reveals an instant or sorcery card" eludes to having to stop revealing cards once the first instant or sorcery card is revealed. Am I correct in assuming this?

Is there a card (preferably blue) that would allow a player to search his or her library for a specific sorcery card?
1992 IBM Model M | Tesoro Durandal[Browns] | Hi-Tek Series 725[Space Invaders] | Tandy Enhanced[Sliders] | Dell Quiet Keys | Mitsumi[AT]

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #107 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 12:21:15 »
Yes to all of your questions.

Spellshift stops milling when you find either an instant or a sorcery.

Mystical Tutor and Personal Tutor are the first cards that come to mind, which put the desired card types on top of your deck. You can also use things like ponder, brainstorm, preordain, and friends to manipulate the card you want to the top of your deck as well.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline smarmar

« Reply #108 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 12:40:49 »
Yes to all of your questions.

Spellshift stops milling when you find either an instant or a sorcery.

Mystical Tutor and Personal Tutor are the first cards that come to mind, which put the desired card types on top of your deck. You can also use things like ponder, brainstorm, preordain, and friends to manipulate the card you want to the top of your deck as well.

Thanks. Those cards are exactly what I'm looking for. :cool:

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #109 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 21:38:46 »
So, did anyone go to midnight release? I got the promo price for a booster/fat pack. Spending tomorrow opening/sorting.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #110 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 21:54:07 »
So, did anyone go to midnight release? I got the promo price for a booster/fat pack. Spending tomorrow opening/sorting.

Yup I did 2 prereleases last weekend :D

Went 3/1 at both. The first on UWR small dudes, and the second on UBW flyers.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #111 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 22:01:08 »

Lemme know how the set is, think ll grab a fat pack in a few days.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #112 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 22:17:07 »

Nice! I was gonna go to a pre-release last week, then got caught up at work and was too tired to go. Midnight release last night was a purchase and leave because of how sick I was...didn't want to infect anybody at the store with w/e the hell it is I have.

Honestly, it's not that exciting of a set. I do like the dual-sided planeswalkers though, and there are a good handful of white cards that are more than playable in this set. (Makes me happy since I play white/blue against friends. Don't play at stores unless it's sealed)
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #113 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 22:21:03 »

Nice! I was gonna go to a pre-release last week, then got caught up at work and was too tired to go. Midnight release last night was a purchase and leave because of how sick I was...didn't want to infect anybody at the store with w/e the hell it is I have.

Honestly, it's not that exciting of a set. I do like the dual-sided planeswalkers though, and there are a good handful of white cards that are more than playable in this set. (Makes me happy since I play white/blue against friends. Don't play at stores unless it's sealed)

I want a foil dark petition, that's really all I want from it tho.

The limited plays pretty nicely tho imo.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #114 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 10:41:29 »
Opened up my box and fat pack. Box yielded enough great pulls to pay for both if I were to sell them. 2 planeswalkers (Nissa/ Jace), and a total of 6 mythics from the box as well as 1 foil rare, and the fat pack didn't really have anything.

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #115 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 10:54:54 »
Opened up my box and fat pack. Box yielded enough great pulls to pay for both if I were to sell them. 2 planeswalkers (Nissa/ Jace), and a total of 6 mythics from the box as well as 1 foil rare, and the fat pack didn't really have anything.

Very nice.

I definitely recommend drafting some origins if you're into limited. The format is pretty solid.

Today for me however is a legacy tournament. Here's hoping all goes well! :D
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #116 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 11:26:36 »

Very nice.

I definitely recommend drafting some origins if you're into limited. The format is pretty solid.

Today for me however is a legacy tournament. Here's hoping all goes well! :D

Good luck! I'm visiting family this week, but I may go draft next week. Starting a 4 week sealed tournament at one of my local shops this week as well.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #117 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 16:01:27 »
This is kinda random, but I have a ton of magic the gathering stuff I'm not using anymore. I'll get around to posting pictures at some point.

However I have a bunch of empty fatpack/booster boxes/deck boxes/sleeves (some people like specific ones). I also have a ton of cards, especially older ones since I played mostly in EDH/commander and traded. I don't have any cards past Khans, since that's basically when I quit so, sorry standard players :P

If you have like a list of cards you're after let me know and I'll see if I have any. I would just ask for you to cover the shipping costs.

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #118 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 17:16:14 »
This is kinda random, but I have a ton of magic the gathering stuff I'm not using anymore. I'll get around to posting pictures at some point.

However I have a bunch of empty fatpack/booster boxes/deck boxes/sleeves (some people like specific ones). I also have a ton of cards, especially older ones since I played mostly in EDH/commander and traded. I don't have any cards past Khans, since that's basically when I quit so, sorry standard players :P

If you have like a list of cards you're after let me know and I'll see if I have any. I would just ask for you to cover the shipping costs.

I'd love to see some of what you have.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #119 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 18:04:06 »

I'd love to see some of what you have.

Same. I'm getting into EDH at work, and could always use some more stuff for my white/blue deck

Offline Lain1911

• God of the Wired
« Reply #120 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 22:25:58 »
I've gotten into tiny leader decks lately.

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #121 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 22:28:31 »
I'm still playing legacy and extremely cut throat edh myself :D
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline smarmar

« Reply #122 on: Sun, 19 July 2015, 11:54:16 »

My girlfriend pulled a dual-sided Liliana from her black prerelease pack. I drooled on it a little  :p I, myself, am enjoying the new thopter-support cards. I love me some artifacts!

Offline smarmar

« Reply #123 on: Sun, 19 July 2015, 12:48:22 »
I presented the following query to my local FB MTG group and received conflicting results. I will now put my trust in a more reliable source: you, the GH MTG community.

My question is this:
If I enchant Whipkeeper with Veteran's Voice will the enchantment's tapping ability activate along with Whipkeeper's, thus giving the dwarf damage-dealing as well as distribution of +2/+1 to another creature? The way in which the enchantment is worded confuses me: The cost is 0 but the effect seems to be divided into cost: effect, as well.

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #124 on: Sun, 19 July 2015, 12:59:06 »
I presented the following query to my local FB MTG group and received conflicting results. I will now put my trust in a more reliable source: you, the GH MTG community.

My question is this:
If I enchant Whipkeeper with Veteran's Voice will the enchantment's tapping ability activate along with Whipkeeper's, thus giving the dwarf damage-dealing as well as distribution of +2/+1 to another creature? The way in which the enchantment is worded confuses me: The cost is 0 but the effect seems to be divided into cost: effect, as well.

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=3189

So the trick is to look up the card on gatherer for the correct wording.

The enchantment gives an ability that requires the creature to tap, ignore the 0 mana cost written on the card. It just requires tapping the dude as the cost.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline smarmar

« Reply #125 on: Sun, 19 July 2015, 13:40:18 »

My question is this:

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=3189

So the trick is to look up the card on gatherer for the correct wording.

The enchantment gives an ability that requires the creature to tap, ignore the 0 mana cost written on the card. It just requires tapping the dude as the cost.

I did not know about oracle text. Now the wording makes sense. Thanks.

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #126 on: Sun, 19 July 2015, 13:45:14 »
If wording ever seems really janky, check the oracle text. Especially on older cards.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline intelli78

« Reply #127 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 18:24:01 »
Yup, I like to play Legacy and Vintage when possible. I've been playing the combo Lands deck lately. I'm hoping to make it to Eternal Weekend next month.
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #128 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 18:30:58 »
Yup, I like to play Legacy and Vintage when possible. I've been playing the combo Lands deck lately. I'm hoping to make it to Eternal Weekend next month.

Oh sweet! Let me know if you end up heading out. More than likely I'll be heading out as well, since I live pretty close to Philly.

Unfortunately I will not be able to participate in the vintage portion however.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline intelli78

« Reply #129 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 18:58:04 »
Sweet, I definitely will.

I might be able to loan you Dredge w/ Bazaars for Sunday... depends on who comes with me.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #130 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 19:09:57 »

My girlfriend pulled a dual-sided Liliana from her black prerelease pack. I drooled on it a little  :p I, myself, am enjoying the new thopter-support cards. I love me some artifacts!

Nice! So far, I've pulled 2 Jaces and a Nissa. Lillian is the one I'm after though.

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #131 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 19:32:07 »
Sweet, I definitely will.

I might be able to loan you Dredge w/ Bazaars for Sunday... depends on who comes with me.

Oh that would be awesome.

What do you play if you don't mind me asking?
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline intelli78

« Reply #132 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 19:43:06 »
I am planning to play Stax. Maybe an aggro variant, or maybe 5C.

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #133 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 19:52:37 »
I am planning to play Stax. Maybe an aggro variant, or maybe 5C.

Oh that's not something I would have ever guessed. Very interesting.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline smarmar

« Reply #134 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 14:27:17 »
[/quote]

Nice! So far, I've pulled 2 Jaces and a Nissa. Lillian is the one I'm after though.
[/quote]

I would've gone red, myself, if I were buying a pack. I get way too much satisfaction from hurting my opponents with my Dwarfs-on-Fire deck!

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #136 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 15:47:44 »

Any chance you're willing to post a copy of your lands list?

Also how has it been performing for you lately?

I'm currently running High Tide, but the meta has been beating it up a lot lately. I've been considering swapping over to the grixis control lists that have been showing up lately. They look like a ton of fun to pilot.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #137 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 11:23:39 »
Is anyone else planning on attending Eternal Weekend in Philly on the 20th?
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #138 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 11:26:35 »
Is anyone else planning on attending Eternal Weekend in Philly on the 20th?

Wish I could. Currently planning on attending the GP in Detroit on the 14th though.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #139 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 20:52:44 »
So, I've had some singles rolling in this last week for my Dragon EDH tribal deck. I'm excited for the rest of them to get here so I can finally play it.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #140 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 21:52:57 »

So, I've had some singles rolling in this last week for my Dragon EDH tribal deck. I'm excited for the rest of them to get here so I can finally play it.

Post pics when you get them :D

I'm finally going to buy some origins tomorrow....I hope!

Offline evolveS

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #141 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 11:13:32 »
playsets of forces & fetches away from finishing UB Reanimator
playsets of fetches & Argothians and a couple Serra's Sanctums away from finishing Enchantress
very far away from finishing The Gate, but I like the disruption package

Legacy feels more expensive than geekhack :/
"money comes and goes, but doubleshots are forever"
-a petty thief

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #142 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 11:17:02 »

I plan on posting some photos when everything's done. Have more cards slowly rolling in this week before my enchantments are finished for the deck.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #143 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 11:23:24 »

I plan on posting some photos when everything's done. Have more cards slowly rolling in this week before my enchantments are finished for the deck.

Looking forward to it!

On another note, anyone have an Ugin they wanna give me? :D

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #144 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 11:26:41 »
playsets of forces & fetches away from finishing UB Reanimator
playsets of fetches & Argothians and a couple Serra's Sanctums away from finishing Enchantress
very far away from finishing The Gate, but I like the disruption package

Legacy feels more expensive than geekhack :/

Magic is infinitely more expensive than geekhack.

My wallet hates magic.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #145 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 20:03:21 »

Looking forward to it!

I've been waiting for my Ugin to come in the mail for a week...my heart/wallet hurt

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #146 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 21:09:39 »

Looking forward to it!

I've been waiting for my Ugin to come in the mail for a week...my heart/wallet hurt

Oh man, take a selfie with it! I'm in love with the dragons and artifacts. So sad the box I opened didn't have it.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #147 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 21:12:50 »

Looking forward to it!

Oh man, take a selfie with it! I'm in love with the dragons and artifacts. So sad the box I opened didn't have it.

Dragon art and effects are the reason I started playing. Will do.

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #148 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 21:15:06 »
Dragons?

I just want to draw more cards.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #149 on: Fri, 02 October 2015, 01:06:17 »
Anyone picking up Battle for Zendikar stuff tomorrow(or today)? I am much excite