Author Topic: Geekhack magic players  (Read 56745 times)

Offline Skuloth

Re: Geekhack magic players
« Reply #150 on: Fri, 02 October 2015, 07:58:51 »
I'm trying to pick up a bunch of the expedition full art lands, but aside from that there really isn't much in the set that I'm interested in.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #151 on: Fri, 02 October 2015, 16:29:33 »
Anyone picking up Battle for Zendikar stuff tomorrow(or today)? I am much excite

WHAT THE ****??? YOU HAVE NEVER SHARED YOUR MAGIC INTERESTS WITH ME

i'm wholly convinced ur a fuccboi and i hate you 5ever

I'm trying to pick up a bunch of the expedition full art lands, but aside from that there really isn't much in the set that I'm interested in.

the new gideon is pretty nasty. i want the new ob nix for my mono-black edh deck.

p.s., i got a godless shrine last night so i'm pretty done with my lust towards expeditions. all i want now is a planeswalker or more dranas for standard play
« Last Edit: Fri, 02 October 2015, 16:31:31 by clacktalk »
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #152 on: Fri, 02 October 2015, 16:40:50 »
Anyone picking up Battle for Zendikar stuff tomorrow(or today)? I am much excite

the new gideon is pretty nasty. i want the new ob nix for my mono-black edh deck.

p.s., i got a godless shrine last night so i'm pretty done with my lust towards expeditions. all i want now is a planeswalker or more dranas for standard play

I want all the relevant expeditions for my Zur edh list. My entire mana base minus the ABU duals will be full art foil, and it will be amazing.

I need:

All the fetches except wooded foothills, watery grave, hallowed fountain, and the new UB and UW lands.

It's going to be rough.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline clacktalk

• circa 2015
« Reply #153 on: Fri, 02 October 2015, 16:53:18 »

I want all the relevant expeditions for my Zur edh list. My entire mana base minus the ABU duals will be full art foil, and it will be amazing.

I need:

All the fetches except wooded foothills, watery grave, hallowed fountain, and the new UB and UW lands.

It's going to be rough.

U full art foils are so nasty expensive and handsome. that's an admirable endgame you have going on there

but for real, i'll be drafting foil islands first pick with absolutely no hesitation unless there's $10+ value in my rare slot
diary of a clacktalk

Offline nephiel

« Reply #154 on: Fri, 02 October 2015, 16:57:02 »
I retired around the 5th edition. Sold off all my cards except a few mementos.
Stop wasting space! Chop your spacebar into bits!
NPH60: a custom 60% w/TrackPoint & split spacebar

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #155 on: Fri, 02 October 2015, 16:59:26 »

I need:

It's going to be rough.

U full art foils are so nasty expensive and handsome. that's an admirable endgame you have going on there

but for real, i'll be drafting foil islands first pick with absolutely no hesitation unless there's $10+ value in my rare slot

My basics 10 basic islands and 1 swamp were OG zen foils before expeditions were announced, so I feel obligated xD
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline clacktalk

• circa 2015
« Reply #156 on: Sun, 04 October 2015, 01:45:07 »
pulled a steam vents in my pre-release pack : ' ]
diary of a clacktalk

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #157 on: Sun, 04 October 2015, 01:55:49 »
I forgot to post my edh deck here! Pictures coming soon. And clacktalk, hmu, we have some negotiating to do for that steam vents ;)
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline smarmar

• My other Dell Quiet Keys is a Model M
    • Short Stories to Read in the Dark
« Reply #158 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 23:12:05 »
- When Spitebellows leaves the battlefield, if deals 6 damage to target creature. Would bouncing Spitebellows to my hand with Void Snare satisfy the action of leaves the battlefield and thereby dealing 6 damage to target creature?
1992 IBM Model M | Tesoro Durandal[Browns] | Hi-Tek Series 725[Space Invaders] | Tandy Enhanced[Sliders] | Dell Quiet Keys | Mitsumi[AT]

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #159 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 06:00:15 »
(Attachment Link) - When Spitebellows leaves the battlefield, if deals 6 damage to target creature. Would bouncing Spitebellows to my hand with Void Snare satisfy the action of leaves the battlefield and thereby dealing 6 damage to target creature? (Attachment Link)

This does work the way you want it to. Enjoy.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline smarmar

« Reply #160 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 08:06:35 »
(Attachment Link) - When Spitebellows leaves the battlefield, if deals 6 damage to target creature. Would bouncing Spitebellows to my hand with Void Snare satisfy the action of leaves the battlefield and thereby dealing 6 damage to target creature? (Attachment Link)

This does work the way you want it to. Enjoy.

I will! Thanks.
1992 IBM Model M | Tesoro Durandal[Browns] | Hi-Tek Series 725[Space Invaders] | Tandy Enhanced[Sliders] | Dell Quiet Keys | Mitsumi[AT]

Offline evolveS

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #161 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 11:23:19 »
Putting my competitive legacy decks on hold and focusing on some more casual lists:

10-land stompy (going to try and jam Sylvan Library and Vault Skirges in here)
Mono black control (Jitte and Bob are casual right?)
Enchantress
"money comes and goes, but doubleshots are forever"
-a petty thief

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #162 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 22:16:51 »
So, other than clacktalk, anyone pull any expeditions yet? I pulled an Overgrown Tomb from one fat pack and a Windswept Heath from another fat pack. Sadly, they're both going back to Wizards Friday because the edges are messed up.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #163 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 22:25:37 »
I still haven't opened any BFZ.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #164 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 22:27:39 »

TBH, if you don't want the full art lands, it's not really a set worth opening. There's not much value, and the only card really worth using is Gideon or Ob. I really wasn't opening it for the expeditions, but now that I have them, I'm gambling further with the set.

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #165 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 22:49:29 »

TBH, if you don't want the full art lands, it's not really a set worth opening. There's not much value, and the only card really worth using is Gideon or Ob. I really wasn't opening it for the expeditions, but now that I have them, I'm gambling further with the set.

I want expeditions for my EDH deck, but that's it. Everything else in the set looked boring.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline TacticalCoder

« Reply #166 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 14:00:55 »
That underground sea is only in 'pretty good' condition and its over $4k

It's always been the most pricey dual land... I only have the "fake beta" Underground Sea : I've got four "Foreign Black Borders" Underground Sea. They're worth today 100x what I paid them for nearly twenty years ago  :)

(I've got about 30 dual-lands, all FBBs)

Prices for these never ever seems to go down.  It's insane. I probably already said it but my MTG cards are in a safe at the bank. I've got several K's of dual lands and a few other niceties (Bazaar of Baghdad, The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Force of Will, etc.). I probably also have a few things worth some money to collectors, like the first japanese Serra Angel, but totally miscut. I've got binders full of cards in a garage: one day I should try to find someone in my city who knows all the cards and have him have a look at my cards to see which one are worth keeping... A big problem I've got is that I've a ****load of cards in japanese, thousands of them, and I don't speak japanese and can't tell from the drawing which card it is  :D

I still recognized a few things like Lion Eye's Diamond, Natural Order, etc.  So I know I've got a few niceties but I just can't sort all that mess: there are just too many cards  ???

Where are you located, I want to gawk at your nice things :p

Forgot to answer...  I'm in Europe so it's a bit far for you to come help me with all my cards :)
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 October 2015, 14:05:55 by TacticalCoder »
HHKB Pro JP (daily driver) -- HHKB Pro 2 -- Industrial IBM Model M 1395240-- NIB Cherry MX 5000 - IBM Model M 1391412 (Swiss QWERTZ) -- IBM Model M 1391403 (German QWERTZ) * 2 -- IBM Model M Ambra -- Black IBM Model M M13 -- IBM Model M 1391401 -- IBM Model M 139? ? ? *2 -- Dell AT102W -- Ergo (split) SmartBoard (white ALPS apparently)

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #167 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 23:50:24 »
Wow Skuloth, just saw your EDH deck in the subreddit, and damn. I'm jelly

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ad-nauseam-zur/

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #168 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 08:57:04 »
Wow Skuloth, just saw your EDH deck in the subreddit, and damn. I'm jelly

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ad-nauseam-zur/

:D

I've put a ton of time and effort into that list, and I'm super proud of it.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #169 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 09:37:32 »
hey guys, Im pretty "into" MTG myself, good to see theres other players on here! I rarely play physical magic anymore but I do have some cards that are ok still. If you are interested in seeing what I have for sale/trade with physical cards, just give me a PM and I can link my deckbox.org inventory (highly recommend deckbox.org!)

If any of you rock MTGO my username is "Skargath" add me! If your looking for specific stuff on there, message me I have a shamefully large online collection.

Offline GenKaan

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Mer caps, mindre käbbel
« Reply #170 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 10:05:30 »
Found some of my old cards! :D
Wish I had enough to build a full Unglue deck

|| @Home:: Shine 3 TKL (Mx Red / Deep Space)  || @Work:: G2Pro (Mx Clear / Dye Sub PBT) ||
@Reserve:: HHKB (Topre 45g / Mixed PBT) // Das v3 (Mx Brown / Blank PBT)

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #171 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 14:23:33 »
Found some of my old cards! :D
Wish I had enough to build a full Unglue deck

Show Image

Cracked was a really cool set, I have some too and just recently looked them up, none of them really reatined any value haha :(

Offline Blueblue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #172 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 05:54:27 »
Anyone still play more eternal formats of MTG like vintage and legacy?
I quit right before Theros and sold out.
Still have nice things like forces and Imperial Recruiter though.

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #173 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 10:41:12 »

Most definitely! Legacy is my ****! Havent seen Imperial Recruiter surface in any meta for a long ass time though.

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #174 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 11:51:36 »
The only formats I play currently are legacy and edh.

I'm playing the epic storm in legacy and Ad Nauseam Zur in edh.

I really like ad nauseam.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline Blueblue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #175 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 12:42:28 »

Most definitely! Legacy is my ****! Havent seen Imperial Recruiter surface in any meta for a long ass time though.

I got mine from a friend who found a pair in a shoebox a long while back. Minty still!

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #176 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 13:09:21 »

I got mine from a friend who found a pair in a shoebox a long while back. Minty still!

I found a rishidan port that i didnt even know i had fully mint a few weeks ago..... thumbing thru random old cards them BAM.... its been sitting in that box sence 1998,,,, $100 now :)

Offline DaveW

• zer0knowledge
« Reply #177 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 13:34:53 »
Haven't played in years but it's so cool that it is still popular. I started in high school just before Antiquities was released and sold most of my cards before going to college (the expansion after Ice Age had just came out or was about to come out). At the time, I got about $2k for my collection which included the Power 9 (all Unlimited except Time Walk (beta) and Timetwister (alpha)), full Revised set, full expansions from Arabian Nights to The Dark, and most of the rest of the expansions.

I don't even want to think about how much those cards would be worth now. The Sony VAIO PCV-90 that I bought with the money served me well back then so...

Offline Blueblue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #178 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 13:37:12 »
Haven't played in years but it's so cool that it is still popular. I started in high school just before Antiquities was released and sold most of my cards before going to college (the expansion after Ice Age had just came out or was about to come out). At the time, I got about $2k for my collection which included the Power 9 (all Unlimited except Time Walk (beta) and Timetwister (alpha)), full Revised set, full expansions from Arabian Nights to The Dark, and most of the rest of the expansions.

I don't even want to think about how much those cards would be worth now. The Sony VAIO PCV-90 that I bought with the money served me well back then so...

Show Image

At the time probably worth. I sold out for around 6-7k to fund my rig.

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #179 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 13:47:28 »

I have a couple super competitive storm decks, and have had good luck in MTGO tourneys (winning a few) but man TES is a glass cannon, Ive had people mulligan against me down to 4 looking for FoW and then he ended up winning. As long as you dont run headfirst into a counter storm is very powerfull. Currently running re-animator (gristlebrand owns) which ive had way more luck with.

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #180 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 14:03:12 »

I have a couple super competitive storm decks, and have had good luck in MTGO tourneys (winning a few) but man TES is a glass cannon, Ive had people mulligan against me down to 4 looking for FoW and then he ended up winning. As long as you dont run headfirst into a counter storm is very powerfull. Currently running re-animator (gristlebrand owns) which ive had way more luck with.

I actually don't find TES all that less resilient than ANT. We play the same number of discard spells as ANT does, and I like being able to make plays under things like thalia and counterbalance instead of having to try to remove them.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline decker

« Reply #181 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 14:09:06 »
I played a lot from 95 to 2000, then again a lot from 2003 to 2005.
At some point I played with friends on virtual tables, making random color decks using old sets.
Now I only play against AIs in Manalink or Forge.

Offline GenKaan

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Mer caps, mindre käbbel
« Reply #182 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 16:52:59 »

I found a rishidan port that i didnt even know i had fully mint a few weeks ago..... thumbing thru random old cards them BAM.... its been sitting in that box sence 1998,,,, $100 now :)

Yooo I have 4 Rishidan Port in my Tinker deck, all mint. d($_$)b Also 4 Tangle Wire, Masticore, and a ton of other Urza block rares!
|| @Home:: Shine 3 TKL (Mx Red / Deep Space)  || @Work:: G2Pro (Mx Clear / Dye Sub PBT) ||
@Reserve:: HHKB (Topre 45g / Mixed PBT) // Das v3 (Mx Brown / Blank PBT)

Offline smarmar

« Reply #183 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 23:20:13 »
Hi guys (& gals).
If a non-artifact creature is turned into an artifact until the end of turn and then is put into a graveyard from play, would said creature continue to be an artifact while in the graveyard and beyond?
My query concerns these 2 cards: Liquimetal Coating and Conversion Chamber.

See where I'm going with this? I'm not sure if it's entirely legal to qualify the newly-turned artifact creature residing in the graveyard as fodder for the Conversion Chamber.

I will give you some time to discuss...

Offline clacktalk

• circa 2015
« Reply #184 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 23:56:38 »
what does the oracle text say
diary of a clacktalk

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #185 on: Mon, 14 March 2016, 08:13:35 »
Hi guys (& gals).
If a non-artifact creature is turned into an artifact until the end of turn and then is put into a graveyard from play, would said creature continue to be an artifact while in the graveyard and beyond?
My query concerns these 2 cards: Liquimetal Coating and Conversion Chamber. (Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)

See where I'm going with this? I'm not sure if it's entirely legal to qualify the newly-turned artifact creature residing in the graveyard as fodder for the Conversion Chamber.

I will give you some time to discuss...

In the graveyard it would only be what is printed on the card.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #186 on: Fri, 18 March 2016, 11:34:27 »
Been thinking about getting into this...

But the prices... RIP

I would have to liquidate some Keyboard stuff to just get started.

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #187 on: Fri, 18 March 2016, 11:37:43 »
I bought two started decks. I'm just trying to get people to play me though, which is hard when you're 27.

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #188 on: Fri, 18 March 2016, 11:39:24 »
I bought two started decks. I'm just trying to get people to play me though, which is hard when you're 27.

The local shop near me has a lot of players. I am next to 3 military bases though.

Military like magic it seems.

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #189 on: Fri, 18 March 2016, 11:50:37 »

Been thinking about getting into this...

But the prices... RIP

I would have to liquidate some Keyboard stuff to just get started.

You can always play a more casual format. Pauper isn't super pricy and EDH is pretty good too.

I refuse to play standard since it requires a hell of a lot of commitment. Prices fluctuate a lot more there too.

Like others have mentioned find a local game store that can align with your personality. Some shops are more lax than others, but as long as your having fun and making friends it shouldn't be a problem.

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #190 on: Wed, 23 March 2016, 16:48:37 »
I just got MTGO. My sn is itakeforever. I'm new/scrub. PM me your username or add me on MTGO if you wanna play. We can talk caps while I get pwned.

BTW, would there be any interest in a MTGO league? Not sure what it's called, but a list or group so GH players can see what other GHers are online and play against them?
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 March 2016, 16:52:47 by bcredbottle »

Offline intelli78

« Reply #191 on: Wed, 23 March 2016, 17:05:12 »
Here's me playing Shops at one of the GPDC Vintage side events.

I love Vintage! Been playing since about 2004 when I was in high school.
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline clacktalk

• circa 2015
« Reply #192 on: Wed, 23 March 2016, 17:18:15 »
Here's me playing Shops at one of the GPDC Vintage side events.

Show Image

I love Vintage! Been playing since about 2004 when I was in high school.

do u have a personal bodyguard

i already feel nervous when I travel outside of my LGS with my modern/legacy/edh decks

ur my hero
diary of a clacktalk

Offline clacktalk

• circa 2015
« Reply #193 on: Wed, 23 March 2016, 17:19:44 »

most of the people that frequent the same LGS as i do are 22+. 27 is nothing u got this
diary of a clacktalk

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #194 on: Wed, 23 March 2016, 17:50:57 »

most of the people that frequent the same LGS as i do are 22+. 27 is nothing u got this

I'm 27 and I promise you that you will most likely not be the oldest one there. **** you'll probably be one of the youngest.

Offline Lain1911

• God of the Wired
« Reply #195 on: Wed, 23 March 2016, 19:43:35 »
I'm seriously thinking about selling all my cards that are worth selling off. I've notice a lot of lands going up in price. I've sold some stuff on ebay before but man what a cut they take, but world wide bidding has its costs I'm sure.

Offline clacktalk

• circa 2015
« Reply #196 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 03:43:13 »
went back on my computer just to pick up some deck boxes before i forget or the drop abruptly ends: https://www.massdrop.com/buy/dex-protection-creation-line-large

I'm seriously thinking about selling all my cards that are worth selling off. I've notice a lot of lands going up in price. I've sold some stuff on ebay before but man what a cut they take, but world wide bidding has its costs I'm sure.

depending on the cards u got, i am willing to buy them for higher than lgs prices. let me knoooooooooooooooooow
diary of a clacktalk

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #197 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 16:50:40 »
I actually really want to try out this game. I've enjoyed playing some games that are sort of like super dumbed-down versions of magic and want to do the real thing

Go to untap.
You can upload an mtg decklist there and play for free.
We can play together if you want.

Anyone wanna do this?

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #198 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 14:12:06 »
WTF? How is no one on GH playing MTGO?

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #199 on: Sat, 26 March 2016, 13:28:08 »
WTF? How is no one on GH playing MTGO?

I spend too much on paper magic to afford my other hobbies and mtgo.

Also Id rather keep magic as a hobby I play with real people since my job and some of my other hobbies are computer based.
Planck w/ Zealios