Author Topic: [GB]Revo RJ kit hhkb layout custom(waiting to ship out)  (Read 259076 times)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Re: [GB]Revo RJ kit hhkb layout custom(waiting to ship out)
« Reply #1000 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 19:39:19 »
Hi Revo Team, According to the updates on kbdist it looks like Oco still hasn't received 2/3 of their orders yet... Any news on when the rest will ship? Thanks in advance.
[edit for spelling]

Unless I’m missing something, all of it shipped. It’s just not all delivered yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this is correct

freight forwarder seems to have run into an issue in customs

happens

Thanks for the update, Puddsy. Kind of sad we had to hear it from you, though, and not Oco or Revo.

i'm forwarding the kbdist update in slightly different words
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #1001 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 13:54:04 »
That's it, I'm never buying from Originative again. After months of waiting past Raymond's ship date my RJ finally ships and was supposed to be here today. I get home and theres a UPS sticker saying I needed a signature, which I have never needed for anything else I've bought from Originative and was not made aware of in any way. So now to wait even more for this keyboard that I could have had months ago if I didn't think that Originative could do their damn job. On top of that today was the only day I have off work this week, god I'm upset.

*triggered*

Offline krispy

« Reply #1002 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 14:10:54 »
That's it, I'm never buying from Originative again. After months of waiting past Raymond's ship date my RJ finally ships and was supposed to be here today. I get home and theres a UPS sticker saying I needed a signature, which I have never needed for anything else I've bought from Originative and was not made aware of in any way. So now to wait even more for this keyboard that I could have had months ago if I didn't think that Originative could do their damn job. On top of that today was the only day I have off work this week, god I'm upset.

*triggered*

That sucks! If it makes you feel any better I also bought through Oco and I don't even know what country my board is in. I'm pretty sure it hasn't even reached the states yet...

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
  • authentic church of halverson member
« Reply #1003 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 14:11:55 »

*triggered*

Don't you just have to pick it up now at your local UPS location?

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #1004 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 14:13:09 »

*triggered*

Don't you just have to pick it up now at your local UPS location?

Nope /:

The sheet said they would deliver it the next business day, hope it comes between school and work...

Offline tron

« Reply #1005 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 15:06:24 »
Got my RJ today.  Unfortunately I won't have time to build this for quite awhile but it looks great next to the Revo calc pad.  Quick question: has anyone else had issues screwing down the top piece without the acrylic layer?  The threading doesn't seem deep enough to tighten the top piece down all the way.  Should I use a shim?

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #1006 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 16:09:51 »
Got my RJ today.  Unfortunately I won't have time to build this for quite awhile but it looks great next to the Revo calc pad.  Quick question: has anyone else had issues screwing down the top piece without the acrylic layer?  The threading doesn't seem deep enough to tighten the top piece down all the way.  Should I use a shim?

I ended up using the smaller screws, the black ones
EM7 | Nunu | Virgo | Salamander | SS AEK64

Offline tron

« Reply #1007 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 17:03:00 »

I ended up using the smaller screws, the black ones

Ah yes the black screws work perfectly.  Don't know how I could have missed that  ;D

Offline donjoan666

« Reply #1008 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 04:20:16 »
My pink Revo arriaved today. Thanks RevoTeam!

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #1009 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 20:30:54 »
Wellp

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1010 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 20:41:14 »
Wellp

you're not supposed to snap it mate :rolleyes:

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1011 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 20:42:32 »
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Oatburner

« Reply #1012 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 20:53:28 »
Thank you, Revo, for the beautiful board.

Offline regionfree

« Reply #1013 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 22:22:30 »
Has anyone who ordered from Originative.co received their Revo, yet? Haven't received an update from them on when the rest of the orders will go out. Worried that it might get shipped while I'm away (most of December).

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #1014 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 22:51:58 »
Has anyone who ordered from Originative.co received their Revo, yet? Haven't received an update from them on when the rest of the orders will go out. Worried that it might get shipped while I'm away (most of December).

Got mine from Oco today and it came with a broken plate

Offline mintyfruits

« Reply #1015 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 07:47:19 »

Apparently Oco hasn’t even received over half of the boards, so at this rate I’d say you’ve got nothing to worry about.

Offline mattgrimes

« Reply #1016 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 15:44:49 »
got my OCO tracking number!

Offline regionfree

« Reply #1017 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 22:45:07 »
Anyone managed to get an update from Originative for the rest of the Revo cases? Still haven't received anything (tracking info, update, the case) from them.

Offline Perfex

« Reply #1018 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 22:49:49 »
Anyone managed to get an update from Originative for the rest of the Revo cases? Still haven't received anything (tracking info, update, the case) from them.

I was told Monday the rest of the shipment should be on it’s way to them.

Offline ullr

« Reply #1019 on: Mon, 20 November 2017, 22:04:36 »
Obviously this isn’t Originative’s fault, but if I had known I’d be waiting two months and change longer I sure as hell would have ponied up the extra money for shipping

Offline regionfree

« Reply #1020 on: Mon, 20 November 2017, 22:25:02 »
would really appreciate an update from Originative as well.

Offline mattgrimes

« Reply #1021 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 01:16:11 »
 A little dremel, a little solder, a few hours, and  :) :) :) :) :) :)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1022 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 01:17:04 »
A little dremel, a little solder, a few hours, and  :) :) :) :) :) :)

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

for why a dremel

but also that is a nice board

Offline Perfex

« Reply #1023 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 01:18:33 »
Guessing the plate.

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #1024 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 12:48:12 »
Guessing the plate.

Definitely the Alu plate.

Offline Perfex

« Reply #1025 on: Wed, 22 November 2017, 16:39:16 »
News

Offline N0GLUT0N

« Reply #1026 on: Wed, 22 November 2017, 17:09:30 »

Offline mattgrimes

« Reply #1027 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 23:02:43 »
Hi All,

Someone asked me what I did to mod the alu plate so that you could do split backspace and I figured i'd post it publicly for anyone interested. See below.

Here is what the plate originally looks like. It's a little grainy cause enlarged, but there are 4 "nubs" that cause the 2 switches to sit about 1-2mm above the rest of the row. You just need to grind these off.

Here is what the plate looked like after I ground the 4 nubs off. You can be pretty flexible about it, as the PCB will be holding the switches in place even if you grind off a little too much. My advice is to insert some switches in to the plate of the same row, then add your split BS switches after grinding a little, seeing if it lines up, take em out, grind a little more, stick em back in, see if it lines up, and so on until it looks right.

Hope this helps!

Offline Oatburner

« Reply #1028 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 17:55:06 »
Hi All,

Someone asked me what I did to mod the alu plate so that you could do split backspace and I figured i'd post it publicly for anyone interested. See below.

Show Image

Here is what the plate originally looks like. It's a little grainy cause enlarged, but there are 4 "nubs" that cause the 2 switches to sit about 1-2mm above the rest of the row. You just need to grind these off.

Show Image

Here is what the plate looked like after I ground the 4 nubs off. You can be pretty flexible about it, as the PCB will be holding the switches in place even if you grind off a little too much. My advice is to insert some switches in to the plate of the same row, then add your split BS switches after grinding a little, seeing if it lines up, take em out, grind a little more, stick em back in, see if it lines up, and so on until it looks right.

Hope this helps!

That's exactly what I did to mine, and it works great. Can't even see the parts that had to be shaved once the switches are on. They had a little bit of play to them, so I soldered one leg first, melted and adjusted until the switch lined up with the others, then soldered the other.

Offline mintyfruits

« Reply #1029 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 19:28:13 »
Hi All,

Show Image

Show Image

Hope this helps!

Thanks for this! Very helpful :)

Offline tron

« Reply #1030 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 10:35:51 »
Has anyone received their SS plates from the separate group buy that gnmar2723 is running?  I've had my R.J for while now and I'm looking to build it over the holidays.

Offline afrokobe

« Reply #1031 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 10:44:31 »
:feelsbadman: still no oco shipping notification

Offline regionfree

« Reply #1032 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 18:08:59 »

I’ve given up in expecting to receive the case in 2017.

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
[GB]Revo RJ kit hhkb layout custom(waiting to ship out)
« Reply #1033 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 18:12:03 »
tapatalk :facepalm:
« Last Edit: Thu, 30 November 2017, 18:13:47 by Kafka »

Offline gnmar2723

« Reply #1034 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 23:14:58 »

Yep same for me.

Offline gnmar2723

« Reply #1035 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 23:20:53 »
Has anyone received their SS plates from the separate group buy that gnmar2723 is running?  I've had my R.J for while now and I'm looking to build it over the holidays.

You should have received a couple of update emails from AlexAtPanc. Manufacturer produced the wrong plates and they are being remade. Just drop me (or Alex) a pm if you have any questions.

Offline krispy

« Reply #1036 on: Wed, 06 December 2017, 08:32:15 »
Has anyone been able to contact Oco regarding their order(s)? They are unresponsive to email and paypal messages. I'm clueless about the status of my Revo HHKB's and the updates on kbdist are not that helpful.. (see below) At this point I know that they might have received the remaining orders (maybe?..) and that they will maybe ship after Thanksgiving (so sometime in the future... great).

October - Week 4 Update - REVO HHKB kits should be shipped now.
November - Week 1 Update - Revo has arrived! We will ship these out as soon as tomorrow or Friday. We still have to undergo some slight quality check. **they fail to mention that they only received 1/3 of their orders**
November 2017 - Thanksgiving Week! - The remaining REVO shipments has been sent to us. They are en route and should be here post Thanksgiving.

Offline MMKB

« Reply #1037 on: Wed, 06 December 2017, 12:57:04 »
Thank you, Revo, for the beautiful board.

The rounded edges match the SA keycaps very well. Cherry-profile matches angular cases better. Fascinating.

Offline regionfree

« Reply #1038 on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 04:23:36 »
Has anyone been able to contact Oco regarding their order(s)? They are unresponsive to email and paypal messages. I'm clueless about the status of my Revo HHKB's and the updates on kbdist are not that helpful.. (see below) At this point I know that they might have received the remaining orders (maybe?..) and that they will maybe ship after Thanksgiving (so sometime in the future... great).

November - Week 1 Update - Revo has arrived! We will ship these out as soon as tomorrow or Friday. We still have to undergo some slight quality check. **they fail to mention that they only received 1/3 of their orders**
November 2017 - Thanksgiving Week! - The remaining REVO shipments has been sent to us. They are en route and should be here post Thanksgiving.

I finally got a response from them earlier today, and said that 2/3 of the revos have already been shipped out. 1/3 is still in transit to them, as it was the shipping scheme used by their agent/supplier.

Offline krispy

« Reply #1039 on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 08:38:13 »
I finally got a response from them earlier today, and said that 2/3 of the revos have already been shipped out. 1/3 is still in transit to them, as it was the shipping scheme used by their agent/supplier.

Thanks for updating us regionfree! Happy to hear someone got through to Oco. I guess I'll just give up hope of receiving this board in 2017. Maybe I'll get lucky in 2018..

Offline gnmar2723

« Reply #1040 on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 09:07:20 »
Still hoping to see this in 2017 too... Shame it took a little while, but I've been plenty distracted with school this fall haha.

As for people in the SS Plate mini group buy: You should have received an update email from him -- all plates have been shipped! Let me or him know if you have any questions!

Offline mintyfruits

« Reply #1041 on: Fri, 08 December 2017, 01:41:02 »

Glad to see you got an update! Fingers crossed!

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1042 on: Fri, 08 December 2017, 09:39:04 »
Well, I FINALLY received my RJ from O.co. I want to be excited but I am rather disappointed in the quality. Mine came out of the box with 3-5 obvious imperfections on the edges where they are easy to see (IMO). I do not have time to take pictures right now but I will post them when I am able. Do I like it? Yes. Am I going to keep it? Yes. I am disappointed though due to waiting waiting this long only to receive this quality. The QC on these were supposed to be very good and that is not the case.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1043 on: Fri, 08 December 2017, 10:11:06 »
183952-0

183954-1

183956-2

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #1044 on: Fri, 08 December 2017, 10:15:11 »
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Bummer - I hope this is taken care of, this should not be shipping out to customers.

Offline Perfex

« Reply #1045 on: Fri, 08 December 2017, 12:12:13 »
I agree that should of never left the factory.

Offline mintyfruits

« Reply #1046 on: Fri, 08 December 2017, 17:54:37 »
Mine has some blemishes as well. Very dissatisfied, overall.

@ArchDill, incidentally the major blemish on mine is in the same spot as your first picture. I might try to upload some pics later.

Lesson learned
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 December 2017, 17:57:25 by mintyfruits »

Offline theillumedpanda

• Don't point that gun at me - I'm an unpaid intern!
« Reply #1047 on: Sat, 09 December 2017, 08:05:52 »
Hope that Revo has a solution for you guys, this really doesn‘t look too nice.

I was under the impression that Revo‘s QC is always top notch, especially because he mentioned that the RJ is his baby and it‘ll be taken care of that there are no blemishes.

Offline tron

« Reply #1048 on: Sat, 09 December 2017, 10:14:16 »
I have some major issues. These are all on the bottom side of the case but still  :eek:.........Really disappointing to see this many defects, especially when it seems my kbd fans 5 degree case had better quality control.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1049 on: Sat, 09 December 2017, 10:24:17 »
184012-0

The frustrating thing to me is that the ones that are messed up are coming out of the O.co batches. Nothing has been wrong with Raymond's thus far. I'm not trying to create a conspiracy or anything but my blemishes are from the factory because it's under the anode. These were hand polished So I'm not sure how it could have been missed.

Regardless, this is a beautiful board and I do really like it. I would just like some acknowledgment/correction in some form.

« Last Edit: Sat, 09 December 2017, 10:45:14 by ArchDill »