Author Topic: Feelios 65g vs 67g?  (Read 17066 times)

Offline Liocer

Re: Feelios 65g vs 67g?
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 20 May 2017, 12:07:40 »
67 is most like topre but.  You will want to lube them :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought Zealios are lubed already? Like they are like mx clears lubed?
Nope. Zeal recommends that you lube them.

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #51 on: Sat, 20 May 2017, 12:52:29 »

Factory lubed lightly on the legs. Takes some elbow grease to bring the smoothness to the next level. :) Some think it's smooth enough and isn't worth the effort, others are perfectionists and lube everything they can.
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline Liocer

« Reply #52 on: Sat, 20 May 2017, 13:49:13 »

Factory lubed lightly on the legs. Takes some elbow grease to bring the smoothness to the next level. :) Some think it's smooth enough and isn't worth the effort, others are perfectionists and lube everything they can.
Lube all the things!

Offline OnTheBrink

• Work Hard. Play Harder.
    • Wired In Store
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 23 May 2017, 23:20:20 »
So everything came today besides the soldering iron which will be here tomorrow.

I put the clips in the plate in preparation for the PCB and I used the plate as a switch tester. Boy do these switches feel amazing. Exactly what I wanted. A little lighter than my Type S with a smoother, more drawn out bump for buttery smooth goodness and less fatigue while gaming.

The only thing I'm confused with now is testing the PCB. There is a sticker in the box that says test the PCB under glow LEDs to ensure they work and that each keys works before soldering. How do I test the switches before soldering them? Do I just plug in the PCB USB to my computer and use a program to test it or something? There's no instructions besides flashing the board when I'm done.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #54 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 07:33:31 »
So everything came today besides the soldering iron which will be here tomorrow.

I put the clips in the plate in preparation for the PCB and I used the plate as a switch tester. Boy do these switches feel amazing. Exactly what I wanted. A little lighter than my Type S with a smoother, more drawn out bump for buttery smooth goodness and less fatigue while gaming.

The only thing I'm confused with now is testing the PCB. There is a sticker in the box that says test the PCB under glow LEDs to ensure they work and that each keys works before soldering. How do I test the switches before soldering them? Do I just plug in the PCB USB to my computer and use a program to test it or something? There's no instructions besides flashing the board when I'm done.

You can test the PCB works by plugging it in, going to http://www.keyboardtester.com/ and activating each switch with a pair of tweezers, touching both holes where the switch legs would be.

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #55 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 13:12:24 »

Personally, I test my switches after soldering them all. I've never had any issues (Cherry or Gateron/Zealio). I figure desoldering to replace a switch or two is a lot less time consuming than testing every switch prior to soldering.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 03:47:51 »
OK guys, switches arrived and now I can share my feelings about those:)

Again, I would like to thank eksuen for sending me switch samples, so I could find out how they feel like. Thanks man :thumb:

So, this is my personal feeling, so somebody else may have different experience, so please take it as yet another opinion, not like a review or anything:)

Now I can tell what all you guys were talking about when saying that Zealios are smoother - funny, but you can actually feel it, maybe not when you have a full keyboard of those, but when you pressing a single switch, slowly, you can feel it - I had mx browns in the past and comparing those to Zealios 67g you can easily tell that you can feel like its getting pressed a bit smoother, like you won't feel that "scratchiness"from browns, stem (is that what you call stem?) goes down like not touching anything... till it stops at tactile bump...

67g is definitely not for me - it's like mx browns - smoother, but the tactile bump is so present, so strong/vivid, its hard for me to find words for it. Like you would need to break through it:)
See, I love my topre 55g, I also have mx greens board, which feel less tactile than 67g. Believe me, I have a nice fat heavy fingers and still when slowly pressing 67g down, I feel a bump being very "vividly":))

Mod M - is something between 67g and 78g, but again - this is just my personal opinion.

78g - I have to say that if you are looking for a similar sensation to topre, this one is close. It's not the same, but close.
Like some guys here already mentioned, higher force in this one "saturates" the tactile bump, so its not that vividly felt in there. I like it, but don't love it. Maybe if I lube it a bit, I wouldn't feel that bump at all as a "break-through" bump. I would say that 78g is closer to mx green without click, than to topre.

My final thoughts are - there is no topre like cherry mx switch. Period. Now I tried almost every possible switch and couldn't find one. But then - what's the point of looking for topre-like switch, when you have topre, right?! :))

So for me, if it's Zealios - it must be 78g, definitely. Its not to heavy, feels so nice and smooth, tactile bump is suppressed with the force.
Now, I need ISO TKL DIY set so I could solder them on it. I don't want to de-solder anything, better to go all new:)

« Last Edit: Thu, 01 June 2017, 03:52:07 by phinix »
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline ShishKabobJerry

« Reply #57 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 07:10:20 »

67g is definitely not for me - it's like mx browns - smoother, but the tactile bump is so present, so strong/vivid, its hard for me to find words for it. Like you would need to break through it:)
See, I love my topre 55g, I also have mx greens board, which feel less tactile than 67g. Believe me, I have a nice fat heavy fingers and still when slowly pressing 67g down, I feel a bump being very "vividly":))

This statement alone is making me want to try them out even more. Appreciate the mini-review coming from someone who hasn't tried them yet. Also thank you eksuen!

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #58 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 12:02:21 »
You're welcome!

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 16 September 2017, 19:30:19 »
Necro alert. I was trying to find opinions on the different Zealios and found this thread. I bought some 67g off of r/mm last week and fell in love with them. I never thought I would love tactiles so much.

Offline kasakka

« Reply #60 on: Sun, 17 September 2017, 09:55:34 »
Piggybacking on necro thread. I have 65g and 67g Zealios and I would say the 67g feels a little bit better.

I have a board with MX Clears coming in and I expect them to be a bit too heavy for me. I have a spare set of 67g Zealios and was wondering if I can use Zealio stems on the MX Clear housing? I know I can use the Zealio springs but is the stem compatible and would I experience any drawbacks from this?

Offline psiclone

« Reply #61 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 14:04:24 »
Yep.  I have 62g 65g 67g and 78g and to me the best are the 65 and 67.  I lean toward the 65 because it's less hard.

Offline Marutks

« Reply #62 on: Fri, 22 June 2018, 08:53:42 »

New 67g zealios are more tactile and a bit more heavy.   I got them with zephyr keyboard.
I enjoyed using older 67g switches but I am not sure about new ones.   They might be too heavy for me. 

I don't know what to do know.