Author Topic: Revo next project(poll inside)  (Read 61382 times)

Offline neralo

Re: Revo next project(poll inside)
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 04:35:12 »
I've been wanting an 1800 board for my collection, and I've just decided that I want the Samoyed. That said though, all these boards are gorgeous, I can scarcely pick one.
HHKB Pro 2 55g | TGR 910 55g Vintage Blacks | Apple Standard M0116 Orange Alps | Rosewill RK9000 Cherry MX Blues | Diverge TM 2 WKLears

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 09:48:16 »

Excellent!

Forgot to ask one other thing... can you do any micro-arc oxidation finishes?
[/quote]

Yes, i can. The pottery coating is micro first then give it a pottery layer. So i can.  But i wont bring them at the moment because i can't make them up to my standard.Maybe later ;D ;D ;D

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 10:08:56 »
This is project number 8. I am still thinking how to sell it.......
173520-0
173522-1
173524-2
173526-3
173528-4
173530-5

Offline neralo

« Reply #53 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 10:28:50 »
HHKB Pro 2 55g | TGR 910 55g Vintage Blacks | Apple Standard M0116 Orange Alps | Rosewill RK9000 Cherry MX Blues | Diverge TM 2 WKLears

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
« Reply #54 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 10:49:37 »
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Oh, my word... That beast right there is art, Raymond!! Gorgeous piece.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #55 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 10:50:34 »
I think I still prefer the Samoyed but that's some good **** right there. Damn.

Offline Riu

« Reply #56 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 11:53:57 »

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #57 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 12:35:26 »
Mystery Tenkeyless and Number 8 Please...  :'(

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #58 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 12:52:12 »
Definitely down for the TKL. :thumb:

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #59 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 13:43:25 »
these all look great! Might have to get a white TKL  :thumb:

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #60 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 20:42:56 »
Samoyed is winning at this point. And i will only make dolch 1800 for 5 kits(10 tops). Factory are not willing to do it cause the it's too complex

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #61 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 20:44:23 »
Voted Corgi with pottery finish <3<3
Loving the colorful finish and all the options it creates (white boards finally)

Is it possible to offer pottery finish on plates btw?
That would be a game changer.
Potter finish on plate is not likely to happen because the pottery layer it too thick for a plate...

But i am trying a new material for the plate.... :D :D :D :D

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #62 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 23:08:45 »
Samoyed is winning at this point. And i will only make dolch 1800 for 5 kits(10 tops). Factory are not willing to do it cause the it's too complex

Sign me up for Dolch 1800 Please Mr.Revo  :'(

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #63 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 01:23:40 »
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Woah, gotta hope rng is on my side for this one

Offline bmilcs

• bryan | bmilcs
    • bmilcs world
« Reply #64 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 07:37:31 »
7,Code name: Samoye

YES :D. For Work, this would be killlllller.

TGR.JANE.V2 #40/40 <3 // TOKYO60 #1 // KBD75  #1 #2 #3 #4 // ES87  #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
INCOMPLETE  Duck Orion v3, 2 pcb black on black (might sell, pm me)  | SOUTHPAW.65

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #65 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 09:02:21 »
Some suggestions i got for samoyed.
1,To add an acrylic layer for the underglow. This is something i will do for sure, i'll try to find a way to make it work like RJ. You can have it or not. All depend on how you like it.
2,To do a inlaid REVO logo,like Dr.D  This a good idea how do you guys feel about it?
3,Make a better weight.  Yes, i am aware that the weight design is very normal.I'll think of something...
4,Make a impact 1800. This maybe another project. Right now i am gonna stuck with Samoyed.
5,White microarc finish on samoyed.  Well i can't do a really white micro finish on anything. It's more like a beige to me... So if you guys want a pure white i suggest we do it pottery coating.

Well that's for now. If you still have any suggestion or something you don't like you can post here or pm me or write in the form...I am always open to new ideas.

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #66 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 09:32:01 »
1,To add an acrylic layer for the underglow. This is something i will do for sure, i'll try to find a way to make it work like RJ. You can have it or not. All depend on how you like it.
2,To do a inlaid REVO logo,like Dr.D  This a good idea how do you guys feel about it?
3,Make a better weight.  Yes, i am aware that the weight design is very normal.I'll think of something...
4,Make a impact 1800. This maybe another project. Right now i am gonna stuck with Samoyed.
5,White microarc finish on samoyed.  Well i can't do a really white micro finish on anything. It's more like a beige to me... So if you guys want a pure white i suggest we do it pottery coating.

Well that's for now. If you still have any suggestion or something you don't like you can post here or pm me or write in the form...I am always open to new ideas.

Thanks for adding some options here and involving us a bit, Raymond, love it.

To save folks digging through the old thread, here are some pics of the Dr. D with inlaid logo "D." Sorry, these are from when I unboxed the board, but should show the idea Raymond mentioned.

Hope that helps. I personally love the way this came out on Dr. D and would be very pro doing this with the Revo text on front of Samoyed if indeed that's the winner in the polls for the next board out of the gate.  :thumb:

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 09:42:19 »
Thanks for the pics. Steve  It really helps. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline Marvellion

« Reply #68 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 10:00:38 »
Rather than an inlaid logo on the keyboard, what about having it on the removable piece in the middle?

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #69 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 10:17:56 »

1. Yes I'd like underglow so thank you for including it!
2. I like the idea of a logo but most people seem to not be super keen on branding like that - maybe having it on the weight or something like that instead might make more people happy.
3. I'd like a weight of course.
4. Happy you're "stuck" with Samoyed!
5. I'd love a pure white finish. No one ever does that and I really want one super badly, all my boards are black (except my beige 660C and 980C) so if there's any way you can do it in white I'm over the moon. If not, then beige will do.

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #70 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 10:56:03 »

1. Yes I'd like underglow so thank you for including it!
2. I like the idea of a logo but most people seem to not be super keen on branding like that - maybe having it on the weight or something like that instead might make more people happy.
3. I'd like a weight of course.
4. Happy you're "stuck" with Samoyed!
5. I'd love a pure white finish. No one ever does that and I really want one super badly, all my boards are black (except my beige 660C and 980C) so if there's any way you can do it in white I'm over the moon. If not, then beige will do.

Love your feedback, Thanks.
The pure white can be done. Just look at the one-body 60% case. It' will be like that. But that is too white and it's hard to pair keycaps. And it's not anode so maybe i'll have 2 kind of version of it. One using pottery finish,one using normal anode.
As for the logo,i know people may not like it. But i think i'll put it there anyway. It will be flush. You'll see. I know i can't make everybody happy but it will stand out, i am sure of it.
There is a weight in it already but i think i can do better about it. Just need more time to think about it.... :D :D :D

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #71 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 11:02:23 »
Oh, i just remember something. The weight in the Mystery is Alu. How do you guys like that gold color. Is it really cool? I think nobody would think it's aluminum. Got ya!

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #72 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 11:04:56 »
The pure white can be done. Just look at the one-body 60% case. It' will be like that. But that is too white and it's hard to pair keycaps. And it's not anode so maybe i'll have 2 kind of version of it. One using pottery finish,one using normal anode.
As for the logo,i know people may not like it. But i think i'll put it there anyway. It will be flush. You'll see. I know i can't make everybody happy but it will stand out, i am sure of it.
There is a weight in it already but i think i can do better about it. Just need more time to think about it.... :D :D :D

Can't seem to find the one-body 60% case picture, would you mind linking it please?

I agree though, it's a bit hard to pair keycaps but it's a very exotic look, no one ever does white with alu cases etc since it's impossible to anode it right? Would have to powder coat, micro arc oxidise or pottery finish like you're planning correct? That's what I've heard at least, I don't know much about the subject!

As long as it doesn't look almost silver/beige like some cases do even though they're described as "white" then I'm very happy.

I have no doubt you'll figure out a way to handle the logo and weight in a classy way, very excited to see this project develop further!

Edit: oh you meant like the 1st case in the OP style of pottery coating not the colour, thought you meant you had pictures of it with white colour somewhere else, my bad!

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #73 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 11:16:38 »

Can't seem to find the one-body 60% case picture, would you mind linking it please?

I agree though, it's a bit hard to pair keycaps but it's a very exotic look, no one ever does white with alu cases etc since it's impossible to anode it right? Would have to powder coat, micro arc oxidise or pottery finish like you're planning correct? That's what I've heard at least, I don't know much about the subject!

As long as it doesn't look almost silver/beige like some cases do even though they're described as "white" then I'm very happy.

I have no doubt you'll figure out a way to handle the logo and weight in a classy way, very excited to see this project develop further!

Edit: oh you meant like the 1st case in the OP style of pottery coating not the colour, thought you meant you had pictures of it with white colour somewhere else, my bad!
Yep, white colour like the first case. You'll have to excuse me for my English, sometimes i got people confused. Haha

I can assure you it's a pure white not silver-ish or grey-ish color. But it's also has to be done by the pottery coating.   The surface is  smoother than normal Anode Aluminum. We'll have to see how people like it.

If you brought a pure white one. You'll have to find a keyset that is really bright and have 1800 support. Is there many options out there?

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #74 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 12:18:31 »
Yep, white colour like the first case. You'll have to excuse me for my English, sometimes i got people confused. Haha

I can assure you it's a pure white not silver-ish or grey-ish color. But it's also has to be done by the pottery coating.   The surface is  smoother than normal Anode Aluminum. We'll have to see how people like it.

If you brought a pure white one. You'll have to find a keyset that is really bright and have 1800 support. Is there many options out there?

I love the finish on the 1st case, looks very nice. Your English is good don't worry haha

Glad to hear it won't be silver, smoother surface sounds interesting!

Regarding key sets I think it will depend, I think more muted and pastel key sets will look very nice on a white case - for example GMK Muted, 9009, Plum, the upcoming Necro, etc. Also XDA sets like Canvas, Milestone and Evangs' project for 8 Bit XDA might also look very nice. I think darker colours will also fit in some cases, would have to see some renders with some colourful sets on white case!

Offline robotsokk

« Reply #75 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 12:37:54 »
For Corgi, what colors are being considered?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@home      @work Swapping out boards... coming soon     wtb

Offline iNViSiBiLiTi

« Reply #76 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 20:50:10 »
So sad I missed Dr.D the first time! I love all your designs!
60%: Prophet, GSKT-00 x2, Poly GSKT-00-Z, Weaven, Sangeo60, Unikorn R2.1, Ciel60

TKL: TGR Jane V2, Jane V2 CE, KFE, Noxary 280 S, Acrylic Unicorn, Igris V1, LZ-GHv2

Bulgogi Board (VA104M), Belle En Rose

« Reply #77 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 00:52:42 »
They all look awesome.

Shameless plug for a layout I'd love to see you do (and have been begging anyone to do for some time):
Show Image

Oh my God. It's beautiful.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #78 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 11:54:51 »

Thanks sir. However people are more into mystery TKL now. Just a few vote for Dr.D R2....

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #79 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 11:55:50 »

Well. look RJ's color. It will be something like that...

Offline lecorsair

« Reply #80 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 12:29:17 »
They all look awesome.

Shameless plug for a layout I'd love to see you do (and have been begging anyone to do for some time):
Show Image

Oh my God. It's beautiful.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

++1

Offline JDragon

« Reply #81 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 12:36:27 »
Will the RGB PCBs for Dr. D R2 be available separately? If they're compatible with R1, I would like to upgrade my board. :D

Offline tron

« Reply #82 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 12:49:39 »

1. I like the idea of an optional acrylic layer.
2. I would put logo on the weight and keep the keyboard clean. IMO the D logo would look a bit tacky in most settings.
3. Yes
4. Samoyed +1. Love the other 1800 in your pics as well.
5. I like the idea of a pure white but dislike the glossy/pottery finish look. I would need to see a few good examples/pics to sway me one way or the other.

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #83 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 12:55:32 »

2. I would put logo on the weight and keep the keyboard clean. IMO the D logo would look a bit tacky in most settings.
3. Yes
5. I like the idea of a pure white but dislike the glossy/pottery finish look. I would need to see a few good examples/pics to sway me one way or the other.

Raymond will have to confirm, but regarding question #2, in my mind, he's asking about this Revo logo already on the front of the Samoyed.

Doing that logo with an inlaid piece like the "D" was in Dr. D could give a little splash of contrast and look really cool, IMO.

Offline cmd

« Reply #84 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 13:29:47 »
I am in for #7.

Also, please move the logo else where haha. I am not a fan of the location!
« Last Edit: Wed, 19 July 2017, 13:32:02 by cmd »

Offline Nafs_asp

« Reply #85 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 13:30:54 »
#8 pls

Offline robotsokk

« Reply #86 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 14:14:19 »

Got it, thanks for the reply. Would you consider additional colors? Options like green or purple would be great (between those two, I'd personally vote for purple).

Hoping to continue to see some great case designs from you; quite the portfolio of ideas so far.

@home      @work Swapping out boards... coming soon     wtb

Offline tron

« Reply #87 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 14:28:11 »

3. Yes

Raymond will have to confirm, but regarding question #2, in my mind, he's asking about this Revo logo already on the front of the Samoyed.

Show Image

Doing that logo with an inlaid piece like the "D" was in Dr. D could give a little splash of contrast and look really cool, IMO.

IMO the Revo logo draws my eye a bit too much due to the rule of thirds. The hefty build quality/anode and beveled edges are enough to distinguish the design. IMO Less is more. Maybe shrink the debossed Revo logo down a bit and place it on the beveled edge.

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #88 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 14:33:38 »

3. Yes

Show Image

IMO the Revo logo draws my eye a bit too much due to the rule of thirds. The hefty build quality/anode and beveled edges are enough to distinguish the design. IMO Less is more. Maybe shrink the debossed Revo logo down a bit and place it on the beveled edge.

Yeah, fair enough. The design and quality definitely distinguish this bad boy as you said. The inlaid D on the Dr. was just so well done, I'd vote for that as an option on the Samoyed if the Revo logo stays where it is (it was only optional on Dr. D as well).

Offline xantiema

« Reply #89 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 14:38:08 »

I definitely don't want ANY acrylic on high end boards, so it being an add-on sounds perfect, I for one won't add it on =p

With regards to inlaid logo, like on Mekanisk? A weight design improvement does sound great, just keep it large for that gucci effect.

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #90 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 15:11:03 »
Some points which i find are really important for a custom keyboard.
- Do not enforce led lighting. Say no acryllic pieces or defusors. If somody likes rgb, he can always instal leds in switches.
- No visible lines where top piece and bottom piece come together. These lines must be hidden. For example on Duck's keyboards you can see these lines only if you flip keyboard. The only exception is the Dr.D where it makes sense with middle piece.

Offline xantiema

« Reply #91 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 15:20:35 »
- Do not enforce led lighting. Say no acryllic pieces or defusors. If somody likes rgb, he can always instal leds in switches.
- No visible lines where top piece and bottom piece come together. These lines must be hidden. For example on Duck's keyboards you can see these lines only if you flip keyboard. The only exception is the Dr.D where it makes sense with middle piece.

Agree entirely  :thumb:

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #92 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 23:29:42 »
Guys, there will a logo somewhere....i may think of something....there's no rush in it anyway...

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #93 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 23:31:53 »
Will the RGB PCBs for Dr. D R2 be available separately? If they're compatible with R1, I would like to upgrade my board. :D
Yes, i can sell you one right now. Please give me a PM.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #94 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 23:35:20 »

1) I like the acrylic diffuser. It's why I got in for MIRA.

2) I'd prefer an engraved logo a la TGR/LZ-SE.

3) Nothing wrong with good ol' bar weight.

4) Nah, no need for impact 1800.

5) Personally not a fan of microarc. It's too fragile for my liking. Then again, I'll probably buy silver anyway, so what do I know.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #95 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 23:39:15 »

1) I like the acrylic diffuser. It's why I got in for MIRA.

2) I'd prefer an engraved logo a la TGR/LZ-SE.

3) Nothing wrong with good ol' bar weight.

4) Nah, no need for impact 1800.

5) Personally not a fan of microarc. It's too fragile for my liking. Then again, I'll probably buy silver anyway, so what do I know.

Silver is the best.  :p :p :p And i agree everything you said

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #96 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 23:41:31 »

Got it, thanks for the reply. Would you consider additional colors? Options like green or purple would be great (between those two, I'd personally vote for purple).

Hoping to continue to see some great case designs from you; quite the portfolio of ideas so far.

additional colors? yes. Purple? Not at the moment. Trust me you dont want a purple board....

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #97 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 23:47:32 »
I totally agree with no line in between top and bottom pieces.

Personally i dont use any leds. And every design have no acrylic layer in the first place. But i will add a removable layer every time people ask for it. Some may love it...Just trying to make everyone happy. Haha ;D ;D ;D

Offline iNViSiBiLiTi

« Reply #98 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 23:56:09 »

Thanks sir. However people are more into mystery TKL now. Just a few vote for Dr.D R2....
All your TKL designs are amazing! I also voted for Mystery! Dr.D is cool for different color middle and top layers!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

60%: Prophet, GSKT-00 x2, Poly GSKT-00-Z, Weaven, Sangeo60, Unikorn R2.1, Ciel60

TKL: TGR Jane V2, Jane V2 CE, KFE, Noxary 280 S, Acrylic Unicorn, Igris V1, LZ-GHv2

Bulgogi Board (VA104M), Belle En Rose

Offline kokokoy

« Reply #99 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 00:02:02 »
A possible 1800. :'( This now would be a struggle as I thought I'm done with this year.

And that Dolch is just gorgeous!