Author Topic: Revo next project(poll inside)  (Read 61221 times)

Offline xlarti

Re: Revo next project(poll inside)
« Reply #250 on: Sat, 25 November 2017, 16:38:22 »
I just came here to shout Dr.D R2 as loudly as I can!  :thumb:

Offline energyd

« Reply #251 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 09:18:59 »
That looks really nice. I wish they had made the gap smaller though.

Can you notice the lack of support in the middle? Or does the plate cover that up pretty well?

It does have a gap in the front relative to the back.  When the pcb sets into place with the case/usb port it forces you to have the off alignment with the front and back gaps.  I would say that it doesn't look as bad compared to the cheap Aliexpress 60% case because the side gaps are even and reasonably tight (the cheap Alexpress case has uneven mounting and uneven gaps).  The difference between the front and back gaps are only noticeable when you look directly down at it from overhead and because it's a higher end case it doesn't seem like a big deal.  My IBM model F XT has a huge gap on the left side of the case and I honestly never bothered to try and fix it because the build quality as a whole is so nice that it doesn't seem to detract.

My sample case and my Sentraq PCB have the problem of matching the screw positions. So it used to have some uneven gaps. Now I'm just leaving some screws out so it fits evenly. Hope this is just an isolated case.

(Attachment Link)

Same here for my Zeal60 R2, there is some clearance issue around the USB port and also the left most and right most screw do not fit well...

Offline gumeraser

« Reply #252 on: Tue, 26 December 2017, 09:21:33 »
Just don't ship with Oco no matter what. Even after the standard long ass GB delays Oco still hasn't finished shipping Revo HHKB orders.
Original ship date: July 2017
Raymond ship date: September 2017
Oco: Might ship sometime in 2018... No ****ing idea since they don't respond to emails
What the ****.. Either Raymond lied about the boards being finished in September (2+ months behind schedule) or for some reason it takes longer than 4 months to send something from China -> US?

Offline gumeraser

« Reply #253 on: Tue, 26 December 2017, 09:22:45 »
Hi Raymond. Since you aren't replying to PM's. Any idea what is going on with the remaining Revo HHKB orders?

Offline gumeraser

« Reply #254 on: Tue, 26 December 2017, 09:27:55 »
Hi Raymond. Since you aren't replying to PM's. Any idea what is going on with the remaining Revo HHKB orders?

@Raymond : Also at this point I'm starting to forget why I even ordered my boards and I'm starting to lose interest. Is there a point at which I can request a refund or is the transaction over since you already have my money? For example if I still don't have my boards 1 year after paying for them may I request a refund?

Offline gumeraser

« Reply #255 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 11:42:50 »
Future Revo GB participants: A shipment of Revo HHKB's were lost in transit from China to Originative Co. Neither company wants to take responsibility for this. This appears to have happened weeks/months ago and no one told us. Raymond is not responding to GeekHack messages or email. If you're curious you can read about it more here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=88750.1050

Again, Revo Team and Originative Co lost our boards and they are refusing to give either refunds or a plan for how to handle the situation.

Just a warning for potential Revo GB participants.

Also just wanted to mention that since delays are guaranteed to happen in any GB's here by the time shipping happens it is way too late to open a PayPal dispute if the GB runner loses or sends you a damaged board (several of Revo HHKB's went out with scratches btw).

Offline nhathoang2205

« Reply #256 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 07:03:20 »
60K definetly is my end-game keyboard.

Offline gr4v3m4n

• my store
Revo next project(poll inside)
« Reply #257 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 16:28:15 »
soo...revo just did another drop with massdrop, when will samoye goes into GB??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 January 2018, 16:36:59 by gr4v3m4n »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #258 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 16:33:05 »
Hey Revo, I heard you're running samoye in china? Will you run it international soon?
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #259 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 20:01:16 »
I thought thekey.company was going to be running it alongside their  TKC1800 buy https://imgur.com/PhwNVOq

Offline xantiema

« Reply #260 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 20:29:54 »
Wasn't there massive quality issues with Revo 60%? Furthermore, trust issues regarding compensation for lost shipment for people orders..?

Trying to figure out why anyone would want to buy from Revo without a response to these issues...

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #261 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 22:42:14 »
I'm miffed I didn't get feet or screws, some of the screw locations are tricky to tighten and some boards need tape to not short out, but I do love typing with the Revo One case itself.
The RJ situation and lack of communication there is far more concerning.
I was psyched waiting for the Samoye but other things have poached my interest since then, maybe that will change once the gb pics start who knows

Offline xantiema

« Reply #262 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 07:46:33 »
This to me is beyond, past the uncertainty stage for sure. Why anyone would even consider joining the group buy now without at least some acknowledgement or response is beyond me