Author Topic: Mistel MD870 Sleeker Review  (Read 4868 times)

Offline inthehell

• Conversion, software version 7.0
Mistel MD870 Sleeker Review
« on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 06:32:48 »
Hello everyone, today i'm going to review the mistel sleeker md870 that i've been using for at least 1 week.
I personally owned and tried many keyboards before. i currently own at least 8 keyboard right now, been a topre user for a year or so  :)), i've tried korean customs too.
Without further ado, let's start the review.

!!warning potato pic!!

[PACKAGING & ACCESSORIES]
my mistel comes with white box, silver color, and cherry mx brown.
i think the packaging is on the better side, the best packaging of an oem keyboard is i guess CM Novatouch.
in the box there's included accessories, which are USB type C cable to Type C cable + some converter to usb type A.
the cable is not long enough for me, since i put my pc away from my desk  :)).
a keycap puller (i like mistel's keycap puller).
a pair of small metal feet with rubber thingy.
a package of modifier replacement (in case you don't like blue), though in my case i got 2 backspace instead of enter key .

overall it's better than most oem keyboard i've bought before.

[KEYBOARD]
Move on to the keyboard. the first thing i notice was the smooth brushed metal finish on top case.
the keyboard itself is not as heavy as customs its size. When compared to my xd84 is about only 80% of it's weight.
the height itself almost the same at roughly more than 90% of the xd84.

the length compared to CM novatouch

the keycap itself is PBT with large font in the middle (i like this kind of keycap). the edges are sharp (like literally). the thickness of the keycap is around 1.4 mm, not as thick as enjoypbt's, but thicker than most default keycap out there.
top cherry OG, mid mistel's, bot enjoypbt

The keyboard has a white plate, this plate is easily scratched, so be careful when cleaning.

It has white led too as you can see here (No RGB folks if you're into that).

as you can see the keycap bleed a little bit of light there.

the build quality is superb, the best oem keyboard that i have.
zero flex, solid build, sleek design.

mine has cherry mx brown variant. i have mistel barocco with mx brown too and it was good, but this is better than that.
the mx brown is smooth and not as scratchy as my other keyboard.

after changing the keycap with Cherry OG, i was blown away of how good this keyboard is with thick ABS.

i'm ditching my hhkb for this now LMAO.

[FEATURES]
after using for a while i can tell that this keyboard is aimed at a mac user.
it has brighness control for mac, launchpad, etc.
an it's on mac layout by default. you have to press fn + f1 to get f1, because on this layout it is mapped to brightness key, and the bottom row is ctrl alt lgui(aka win key or command).
but it can be changed into windows mode by just fn + spacebar.

the led itself just have 1 mode and that is breathing mode.
personally i don't really care about led.

that is why i concluded that this is a perfect keyboard for a mac user at least, it looks simple, elegant, sleek, functional, and beautiful.

[CONCLUSION]
a solid, elegant, very simple and clean keyboard with superb build quality, the black variant looks cool, i might get the black one later if it's available in my country.
i like keyboard that didn't shout gamery thing and blasting RGB lighting into your face.

i highly recommend this keyboard for those who want a great oem keyboard, i like this better than my xd84 actually.
9/10 for an oem keyboard, the best oem keyboard i've ever had, better than cheap customs, but the sad thing is  it's not programmable.