Author Topic: Logitech MX Master 2S  (Read 10329 times)

Offline SOROBORU88

Logitech MX Master 2S
« on: Thu, 05 April 2018, 01:17:33 »
Hello everyone. I would really like to buy this mouse fir my PC in the office. Problem is, I can use my oen HW but can't install proprietary SW. I now use ancient Logitech G9 that has onboard memory so I set it up at home and just plugged it into my office computer.

Does the MX Master work the same way? So I could set the pointer and buttons at home and just plug the dongle into my office PC?

Thank you very much. It is the only wireless mouse that fits nicely to my grey Leopold ;)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Logitech MX Master 2S
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 05 April 2018, 06:15:35 »
Don't get S2

Get the new G603

It's the Best wireless productivity mouse.

And it has onboard memory.

Lasts 500 hrs at 1000hz,  it's an amazing breakthrough new sensor..

The G703 technically has a better sensor, but you have to charge the damn mouse every 4 days,  or pay $100 extra for the wireless charging mousepad..

But G603 really solves all these problems. because it can use rechargeable AAs..

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 05 April 2018, 07:21:46 »
The new Master will work just fine without software, you just can't change button functions without it.
If you need to change button functions, you would be better served getting a gaming series mouse with onboard memory, this way the mouse stores the profile, not the software. This allows you to set it up on a different computer and then transfer the mouse to your work computer and retain the button functions you want.

A bit of warning, the Master has odd switch placement for the thumb, I HIGHLY recommend trying one before you buy it. I was at the store, had the box in my hand when I saw the demo model and found the side buttons were in the wrong place for my hand making them useless for me.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline SOROBORU88

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 07 April 2018, 08:39:02 »
Don't get S2

Get the new G603

It's the Best wireless productivity mouse.

And it has onboard memory.

Lasts 500 hrs at 1000hz,  it's an amazing breakthrough new sensor..

The G703 technically has a better sensor, but you have to charge the damn mouse every 4 days,  or pay $100 extra for the wireless charging mousepad..

But G603 really solves all these problems. because it can use rechargeable AAs..

Wow, never heard about this mouse. I don't usually browse gaming peripherals category :D Thank you very much. I love it just for the use of AAs ;)

Offline SOROBORU88

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 07 April 2018, 08:41:13 »
The new Master will work just fine without software, you just can't change button functions without it.
If you need to change button functions, you would be better served getting a gaming series mouse with onboard memory, this way the mouse stores the profile, not the software. This allows you to set it up on a different computer and then transfer the mouse to your work computer and retain the button functions you want.

A bit of warning, the Master has odd switch placement for the thumb, I HIGHLY recommend trying one before you buy it. I was at the store, had the box in my hand when I saw the demo model and found the side buttons were in the wrong place for my hand making them useless for me.

I kind of had it in mind all the same ;) Too bad gaming mice don't come in grey :D I am lucky that almost every mouse always fits my hand and I am quick to adapt to any button layout :D But still I will prolly go with G603 ;)

Offline RobotRogue

• No.
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 10:43:42 »
My MX Master works with just standard bluetooth and no extra software. You lose some customizability but that's fine for most people.