Author Topic: [IC] Stabwood Handcare - {Prototype DONE - Loading about 80% before the Final}  (Read 10419 times)

Offline Dylan Binh

• DB - Mechkey Store
    Hello guys...!
    My name is Dylan Binh (you can call me DB - born in 1989).
    I am a Vietnamese.
    English is not my main language, so please bear with it.
    Thank you very much for your spending time and reply...!

===
    First of all,
    This project of mine has been planning about 1 year ago and I was starting to make it about 6 months ago, before I knew about Geekhack.
    You guys can see my Geekhack acc is totally new. But in mechkey community of Vietnam, my name is quite well-knowned between people.

• Name of project: Stabwood Handcare (Stabilized Wood Handcare for Keyboard).
    • Material: Resin (high quality) and Stabilized Wood

"Stabilized Wood" that I used in the product is calling "Nu Nghiến"
- "Nu" is Vietnamese word (in English, it is "Burl" - big thanks to Keebmeupscotty for helping me find the right word), meaning is the damaged part on the body of a tree (cutting, scratching by animal and bug; lighting,...) and be healed through a long time by the tree itself.
This part will consume the nutrition to recover and grow into a strange part on the body of the tree.
Each part has the beautiful one-and-only natural grain and form.

- "Nghiến" is Vietnamese name of the tree: Burretiodendron hsienmu (a.k.a Excentrodendron Tonkinese).
Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burretiodendron_hsienmu
This species of tree can be found in Vietnam and China. I am Vietnamese and we are here used this wood widely in house furniture and carving altar.

Side-note: "Nu Nghiến" as Vietnam carpenter sometimes call it "Ngọc Nghiến" to dignify the gorgeous beauty of this tree grain. "Ngọc" in English is "Gem".
"Nu Nghiến" <=> The gem was natural made by the tree.

• Title of the project: Mountain, Sea and Sky
  • Colorway (of Resin)
Jade Green / Deep Blue / Violet Purple / Transparent Black / Crimson Red (under producing) / Goldenrod Yellow (under producing).
  • Art of Wood
Randomly as Carpenter Skill and Rough Draft of the Wood.

===
Here is 7 Prototype of this Project
- Code-name: "Genesis" -

Each Genesis has an individual name (still thinking and collecting from Vietnam mechkey community).
Welcome you guys to help me named each "Genesis"...!!!
I will give a bonus gift for your effort to help me.
The name that I final pick for a Genesis (when I opened Group Buy) will be discounted 10% (can be stacked with other discount from me, under planning) for the one who named it.

---{7 Genesis}---
{No.01 - Unnamed}

{No.02 - Unnamed}

{No.03 - Unnamed}

{No-04 - Unnamed}

{No.05 - Unnamed}

{No.06 - Unnamed}

{No.07 - Unnamed}

[/list]
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 June 2018, 13:20:20 by Dylan Binh »

Offline bluesclera

D.B. Cooper finally found living in Vietnam....just kidding. Stabwood...i learned something new.

Offline Dylan Binh

• DB - Mechkey Store
D.B. Cooper finally found living in Vietnam....just kidding. Stabwood...i learned something new.

oh man  :))

Offline Kerasan

add green colors  :p

KMK Labs.

Offline natbuns

The wood is really interesting and the colors are really deep and neat.  I hope this comes to a group buy soon! ^w^

Offline higgga

These look amazing!  I am interested to see the other colors when those are ready.

What sizes do you plan on making and can you give an estimate price?

Offline Corgiattackkk

These are beautiful! Let us know if and when you're doing a GB and I would love to purchase one!

Offline metalliccharles

YESS!! :thumb:

Offline long_qt_pie

Been looking for something like this since the Xu An GB months ago, very interested
Jetfire | Mech 27 v1 | Mira SE | Singa | Orion 2.5 | Eo87 | Lubrigante | MGA | IBM F XT | AEKII | Lightpad | Exent | Dolphin Rev 2 | F1-8x | Mr Suit

Offline wowremy

These are beautiful, wow

Offline dr_unconscionable

• [sqeleton]
Agreed, really beautiful! Look forward to hearing more.

Offline Keebmeupscotty

These look awesome! Looking forward to one if these.

I think the word you are looking for in english for "nu" is "burl"

Offline Dylan Binh

• DB - Mechkey Store
The wood is really interesting and the colors are really deep and neat.  I hope this comes to a group buy soon! ^w^
The Jade Green is the Green color already, mate.
It is my age-element color too.
As I wrote in my post, I was born in 1989. So my age's element is Wood => relate to Green color.

There are 5 elements relate to people's birth-year.
Metal (Silver/Gray/Gold color) - Wood (Green color) - Water (Black/Blue color) - Fire (Red color) - Earth (Yellow/Brown color).

You can tell me the year you was born, and I will tell you the color suitable for your age of birth.

Here is the connection between Birth-Age vs Element vs Color.
Right Color will add good fortune to people.
But if you use or wear or live in the Opposite Color to your Age-Color, there will be misrable things to your mood, your health or your fortune.

It sounds kind of superstition, but it showed in Asian culture for thousand years and more.
Here the pictures:

Offline Dylan Binh

• DB - Mechkey Store
These look amazing!  I am interested to see the other colors when those are ready.

What sizes do you plan on making and can you give an estimate price?
Big thanks. Your reply make me happy and keep up my works.
The size can be custom by each individual order.
I cherish each product I made and want it to come to the right owner, who will loved it by their heart and feel comfortable in daily using.
So GB only seized under 50 slots. So I can handle each one color and size as you guys desire.

These are beautiful! Let us know if and when you're doing a GB and I would love to purchase one!
Big thanks bro...! Lovely reply and give me more courage to try harder to give you better.

YESS!! :thumb:
*handshake &*high-five

Been looking for something like this since the Xu An GB months ago, very interested
Big thanks, XuAn's handcare really gave me the courage to make and showed this product to community.

These are beautiful, wow
Big thanks, bro.

Agreed, really beautiful! Look forward to hearing more.
Sure, I will try as hard as I can to give you guys the best of best.

These look awesome! Looking forward to one if these.

I think the word you are looking for in english for "nu" is "burl"
Really big thanks for the word you searched for me.
Ya, thats it. 100% correct.
"Nu" is "Burl"
lovely ;x;x;x

Offline kristmascane

• emilia is trash
These look amazing. I was waiting for one of you guys to enter this hobby.

Is it possible for you to do a clear resin?

Offline Dylan Binh

• DB - Mechkey Store
These look amazing. I was waiting for one of you guys to enter this hobby.

Is it possible for you to do a clear resin?

Sure can do bro. You mean the Transparent Resin, right.
How about some rocks, fish, flower, clover, and under water glass to make it look like as Fish Tank.
Here is another product from mine.

« Last Edit: Mon, 04 June 2018, 20:00:17 by Dylan Binh »

Offline zap2oz

Beautiful colors! I'd definitely be interested in a wrist rest depending on the price

Offline MatchstickMan

• CAD Jockey - YOLO Enthusiast
How about some rocks, fish, flower, clover, and under water glass to make it look like as Fish Tank.

Holy cow, you are incredibly talented!

I would also be interested in a river-like wrist rest, with all the rocks and fishies!
Current Projects:
- SouthPad -- Left-handed Numpad
- Full Split (Currently on hold)

Offline Al41

These look amazing! I've been looking for a nice wrist rest and would buy one of these for sure.  :thumb:

Offline Pewpew

Looks amazing. Hope we can have several colorway to choose!

Offline ZROGST

Wow, I don't have any suggestions for a naming scheme but you have a really quality product right there. When you get going on runs of these I'm down for a 60% and (depending on shipped price - I know these can get expensive) maybe more. 

Offline wowremy

I think I would chew off my own arm for that purple #4

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Offline aya3154

I love  :p

my input:
#1 Seagreen canyon

Crossing fingers for it in 60%

Sidenote : I saw mentions of Transparent resin as well, I wonder if  translucent resin with a little bit frost effect and how amazing that be

Once again all love :p

Offline Skaazi

Same here. That purple looks superb.

Offline Dylan Binh

• DB - Mechkey Store
Looks amazing. Hope we can have several colorway to choose!
I am still trying to add more colors for the product.
For the color it need to fit with the form of wood to show a story or make you feel comfortable each time you look at it.
Will try my best to make each of them to be an Art not only a Handcare.

These look amazing! I've been looking for a nice wrist rest and would buy one of these for sure.  :thumb:
Thanks so much for your reply. It is really happy to see you guys like my product. And I will manage the price as nice as I can. Of course, quality is first priority. But expensive is not in my list.
It will not cheap but the price will be a big surprise that I can swear.

;) I laughed a lot when I read your reply, mate =))))))))))

Beautiful colors! I'd definitely be interested in a wrist rest depending on the price
One thing I can swear is the quality will be as best as I can. And the price will be nice and surprise.

Holy cow, you are incredibly talented!

I would also be interested in a river-like wrist rest, with all the rocks and fishies!

This decor is one of my favourite. Will try to arrange it into the Handcare.

Wow, I don't have any suggestions for a naming scheme but you have a really quality product right there. When you get going on runs of these I'm down for a 60% and (depending on shipped price - I know these can get expensive) maybe more. 
For shipping oversea, the truth is I dont have any experiences so can not give you guys right now the shipping fee. But after I can release this product to community (when I can guarantee the quality and receive postive feedback from my Vietnam mechkey community, I will ask my friend who can help me to arrange shipping oversea with cheapest price).

I love  :p

my input:
#1 Seagreen canyon

Crossing fingers for it in 60%

Sidenote : I saw mentions of Transparent resin as well, I wonder if  translucent resin with a little bit frost effect and how amazing that be

Once again all love :p
Big thanks for naming the Genesis #1. I will take note for this name, bro. Its lovely...!
Frosty and maybe some kind of cloudy is in plan. Thanks for your idea, bro...!

Same here. That purple looks superb.
haha, people quite love Purple. Some of my friends have same feeling like you guys =)))))))

===
I will keep updating the schedule of this plan.
As for now, I gave some sample to my friends and my loyalty customer in my community.
Receiving their feedbacks and try to make the final products as best as I can.
Will keep this topic up to date.
Looking for more reply and ideas / suggestions from you guys...!
Big thanks for your spending time...!

Offline mtuanvu

looks cool and promising

Offline manitoid

Interested! Though my outdoorsy buddies would probably kill me if they found out what it was made of.

Offline Dylan Binh

• DB - Mechkey Store
Interested! Though my outdoorsy buddies would probably kill me if they found out what it was made of.

Haha, the material was collected from the dead-tree, not cut down live trees. So dont worry.
Because the dead-tree is dried and the wood will be "stabilized" naturally. Its hard to explain exactly the way it is. But I can promise that to make and call the material "stabwood" is not using the live tree as material.
Respect to mother-nature...!

looks cool and promising
Thanks man 💓

Offline Randalljai

Number 2...hidden lake paradise

Offline Venediction

Oh geez. This wrist rest just went to #1 of my wish list. Really looking forward to your guys' big launch and I just hope I can get one of these for myself!

Out of interest.. would you guys consider doing a variety of sizes to fit different layouts? 40%, 1800, etc.

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
Blueberry is one of my favorite fruit and the color matches up so well with the dark navy blue from #5. So there you have it. #5 Navy blueberry 😁

Offline higgga

Oh geez. This wrist rest just went to #1 of my wish list. Really looking forward to your guys' big launch and I just hope I can get one of these for myself!

Out of interest.. would you guys consider doing a variety of sizes to fit different layouts? 40%, 1800, etc.

He said that there will be 50 spots and each is going to be custom made, including the size, so I think that it should perfectly fit whatever board you want.

Offline Chimera

Wow these are excellent. In for one.

Offline manitoid

You still planning to run these? I would absolutely love one.

I'll give a shot at a few names:
1. Channel
2. Starry Night
4. Purple Rain
7. Divided Sky

Offline Paopawdecarabao

Digging these

Offline silversung

Totally in love with these!

Would it be rounded out at the edges and colors, so it would not be hard on the point of contact with my wrist?
And is slanting a little bit possible? Like, little bit higher on the upper side closer to the keyboard, and lower toward my body.

And love the idea of cloudy colorway! Transparent resin with a little bit of frost effect, so it would look like the deep forests, trees surrounded by mist. And name it Mystic Forest.

Offline ThomasTH

I also totally went these

Offline cucgach

this is interesting! any estimate timeline for the GB to go-live?
Current: Filco TKL Majestouch | TX60 antique brass | NIU40 silver | H360 burgundy | tr.mk wooden 60 | Imperial Hue 60 | Tofu 65 silver | Tofu WKL navy | Gergo Kit: black PCB | Space65 gray/silver | VN66 Black
Future: none
Past: TinaC HHKB gray | TX84Se titan gray | Leopold 660M white | GSX96 R2 purple | Rama M60-A lake | 0.01 Z70 silver | E7-V1 MAO | Rama M6-A | TMO50 green/poly | HB85 black/gray | TX108se titan gray | Typewriter68 ceramic white | Think6.5 frost poly

Offline nastrovje

id want one

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Amazing job! Good luck with the project

Offline manitoid

Any update on these?