Author Topic: [GB]Enjoypbt Kuro/Shiro via KBDfans (GB Closed)  (Read 193741 times)

Offline Digitize

[GB]Enjoypbt Kuro/Shiro via KBDfans (GB Closed)
« Reply #100 on: Wed, 28 August 2019, 16:28:08 »
Any chance in adding an R2 run in concurrence with the R1 now that there are all the delays?

I would assume the priority right now is with making sure those that ordered get their sets before thinking about another run.

Totally agree with statement above about getting current orders fulfilled before running another GB. The chaos that can ensue if another GB runs concurrently another and another, lets just not go there, cause in the end some people won’t be happy and won’t be satisfied no matter what explanation is given about timely production delays after delays.

Edited: spelling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 August 2019, 17:25:27 by Digitize »

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
Re: [GB]Enjoypbt Kuro/Shiro via KBDfans (GB Closed)
« Reply #101 on: Wed, 28 August 2019, 16:48:55 »
Totally agree with statement above about getting current orders fulfilled before running another GB. The chaos that can ensue if another GB runs concurrently another and another, lets just not go there, cause I’m the end people won’t be happy and won’t be satisfied no matter what explanation is given about timely production delays after delays.

Is it really that much more complicated? You just tack more orders onto the bottom of the list, the suggestion was based on there being a delay either way... I don't think anyone is suggesting 4 GB's at one time.

Also it's more like opening it up for another round rather than running another GB, all the kinks are getting worked out concurrently. I understand wanting to be catered to first (rightfully so) but some objectivity is needed here.

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #102 on: Wed, 28 August 2019, 17:28:27 »
Totally agree with statement above about getting current orders fulfilled before running another GB. The chaos that can ensue if another GB runs concurrently another and another, lets just not go there, cause I’m the end people won’t be happy and won’t be satisfied no matter what explanation is given about timely production delays after delays.

Is it really that much more complicated? You just tack more orders onto the bottom of the list, the suggestion was based on there being a delay either way... I don't think anyone is suggesting 4 GB's at one time.

Also it's more like opening it up for another round rather than running another GB, all the kinks are getting worked out concurrently. I understand wanting to be catered to first (rightfully so) but some objectivity is needed here.

This is correct. As they are not manufactured yet, it would be more of a "Add X orders to the bottom of original order list and pump out X more sets". I agree running a wholly separate GB concurrently is a bad idea. I just thought I would put the idea out there as it could help recoup any costs for extra samples etc that had to be produced.. My 0.02! Definitely don't want to negatively affect orders already placed.

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #103 on: Wed, 28 August 2019, 18:25:12 »

I could be mistaken about EPBT, but usually when you place the order, you're slotted in line based on your order size and then other orders (i.e.: other sets) are slotted behind you.

If one of the orders in the middle grows bigger, that pushes everyone else's schedule behind them.

So, it's not so simple as just tacking on more orders to this set. It may not affect people who have already ordered this set, but it will affect other sets behind Kuro/Shiro.

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #104 on: Wed, 28 August 2019, 19:44:07 »
If one of the orders in the middle grows bigger, that pushes everyone else's schedule behind them.

So, it's not so simple as just tacking on more orders to this set. It may not affect people who have already ordered this set, but it will affect other sets behind Kuro/Shiro.

If that is how it works, then I mean it does seem like you can just tack the orders on. Being worried about the timeline of someone else’s GB behind yours seems like something that can get out-of-hand.

They may not even allow it, my point is just that having 200 orders after re-opening the GB isn’t any different than having 200 orders originally in the GB. Assuming, of course, the limiting factor is color matching and such.

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #105 on: Wed, 28 August 2019, 23:31:15 »

If that is how it works, then I mean it does seem like you can just tack the orders on. Being worried about the timeline of someone else’s GB behind yours seems like something that can get out-of-hand.

They may not even allow it, my point is just that having 200 orders after re-opening the GB isn’t any different than having 200 orders originally in the GB. Assuming, of course, the limiting factor is color matching and such.

I'm a little confused on what you're saying.

It's not KBDFans being worried about other people's GBs. It's about EPBT worrying about other GBs in line.

Offline Clo_0lD

« Reply #106 on: Thu, 29 August 2019, 00:07:57 »
It's like if you were to go to a busy drive-thru restaurant. You finally place your order after waiting in line. Meanwhile, cars are stacking up behind you waiting to order and get stuff as well. Once you get to the window, you changed your mind and now you want something else on top of what you originally ordered. It wouldn't be right to do this because you're just screwing the people behind you by delaying because you suddenly decide you wanted more food. The only option is to get what you originally ordered and then go through the line again.

Our problem is that the restaurant screwed up our order and we're waiting at the window, but that doesn't mean we get to change the amount that we ordered because it would affect the people behind us even more and wouldn't be fair. 

You also have to think about the logistics of this hypothetical 2nd GB. It would all need to be organized ASAP, with pretty much no marketing, and kbdfans would have to agree to run it and be able to run it soon so that ePBT could get the final numbers. Also, how long would this hypothetical GB last? Would we have to wait another month before we get the new order number? Or would it just be a quick one week or less thing? Either way, it would just lead to delays for everyone else waiting in line and it wouldn't be fair to any of them. There are enough delays already with the mismatching colors, we don't need any more problems. There's just way too much that can go wrong imo. Waiting for a R2 is probably the only and best option.

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #107 on: Thu, 29 August 2019, 00:15:56 »

It's not KBDFans being worried about other people's GBs. It's about EPBT worrying about other GBs in line.

Most of the apparent confusion probably comes from thinking I’m raging for the GB to be reopened. When I said “they may not even allow it” I was referring to ePBT.

The whole point I am trying to make is that I don’t think it’s some logistical nightmare that would delay people’s sets. If ePBT allowed it and the runners wanted to, it shouldn’t be viewed as a negative thing.

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #108 on: Thu, 29 August 2019, 00:33:03 »

Most of the apparent confusion probably comes from thinking I’m raging for the GB to be reopened. When I said “they may not even allow it” I was referring to ePBT.

The whole point I am trying to make is that I don’t think it’s some logistical nightmare that would delay people’s sets. If ePBT allowed it and the runners wanted to, it shouldn’t be viewed as a negative thing.

If KBDFans and EPBT both were OK with it, then it wouldn't be an issue. I'm not sure anyone is arguing with you on that.

I'm saying there is probably a very real reason why EPBT would not allow it.

Offline Digitize

« Reply #109 on: Thu, 29 August 2019, 03:21:59 »
It's like if you were to go to a busy drive-thru restaurant. You finally place your order after waiting in line. Meanwhile, cars are stacking up behind you waiting to order and get stuff as well. Once you get to the window, you changed your mind and now you want something else on top of what you originally ordered. It wouldn't be right to do this because you're just screwing the people behind you by delaying because you suddenly decide you wanted more food. The only option is to get what you originally ordered and then go through the line again.

Our problem is that the restaurant screwed up our order and we're waiting at the window, but that doesn't mean we get to change the amount that we ordered because it would affect the people behind us even more and wouldn't be fair. 

You also have to think about the logistics of this hypothetical 2nd GB. It would all need to be organized ASAP, with pretty much no marketing, and kbdfans would have to agree to run it and be able to run it soon so that ePBT could get the final numbers. Also, how long would this hypothetical GB last? Would we have to wait another month before we get the new order number? Or would it just be a quick one week or less thing? Either way, it would just lead to delays for everyone else waiting in line and it wouldn't be fair to any of them. There are enough delays already with the mismatching colors, we don't need any more problems. There's just way too much that can go wrong imo. Waiting for a R2 is probably the only and best option.

Huh..I like you analogy with the use of food. easy to understand and picture.

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #110 on: Thu, 29 August 2019, 08:19:56 »
If KBDFans and EPBT both were OK with it, then it wouldn't be an issue. I'm not sure anyone is arguing with you on that.

I'm saying there is probably a very real reason why EPBT would not allow it.

The initial concern that was voiced after mentioning re-opening the GB was that current spot holders would get their sets later. This is what I’ve been arguing against.

Deciding whether KBDFans and epbt would allow it isn’t worthwhile, it’s up to them.

Offline Ghghop

« Reply #111 on: Thu, 29 August 2019, 08:44:00 »
I only meant in my earlier comment that it would make sense for KBDfans and epbt to finish what the started before beginning another run. I have no issues with another run of the keycap set. I am not arguing whether or not another addition to the order would delay anything further, just that to me it makes sense to follow through on the current orders before even planning another run. As speculated above it is usually more complicated when making these large orders with manufacturers than asking for them to make more. There is a process to it all.

JJ50                   Preonic

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #112 on: Thu, 29 August 2019, 08:49:05 »
I only meant in my earlier comment that it would make sense for KBDfans and epbt to finish what the started before beginning another run. I have no issues with another run of the keycap set. I am not arguing whether or not another addition to the order would delay anything further, just that to me it makes sense to follow through on the current orders before even planning another run. As speculated above it is usually more complicated when making these large orders with manufacturers than asking for them to make more. There is a process to it all.

Why would existing GB participants care if it doesn’t affect them?

Offline voight-kampff

« Reply #113 on: Thu, 29 August 2019, 11:17:14 »
Lol

I hope we can get infos about Kuro/Shiro from now on and not about food.

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

Offline fleeceman

« Reply #114 on: Thu, 29 August 2019, 14:05:04 »
Any update on when this is likely to ship?

Offline wellbeing44

• kebord good kebord fun yum yum
« Reply #115 on: Thu, 29 August 2019, 23:42:12 »

This kind of thinking brings our community down :(

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #116 on: Fri, 30 August 2019, 01:35:38 »

Uhhh. What?

Wanting more people to have caps is a bad thing for the community?

Offline Hell-es

« Reply #117 on: Fri, 30 August 2019, 01:39:17 »
I think there is a bit too much speculation and thinking here - it is Goks Set - if he wants to re-run it, he will tell.

Otherwise, we can hope for extras, even if unlikely

Offline gordonderp

« Reply #118 on: Fri, 30 August 2019, 06:55:52 »

Uhhh. What?

Wanting more people to have caps is a bad thing for the community?

I think he's agreeing with you

« Reply #119 on: Thu, 05 September 2019, 21:20:58 »
Any update when they are shipping? It has been almost 2 months since the announcement.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #120 on: Thu, 05 September 2019, 23:24:04 »
Any update when they are shipping? It has been almost 2 months since the announcement.
Don't have a firm date yet but they are manufacturing as we speak. I'll try to get a timeline from KBDfans.

Offline NimbleTortoise

« Reply #121 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 00:57:44 »
Don't have a firm date yet but they are manufacturing as we speak. I'll try to get a timeline from KBDfans.

Did you already get a black reverse dye subbed sample you like? I hope it ships by end of this month.

« Reply #122 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 13:07:52 »
Thank you for the update :thumb:

Offline rondg

« Reply #123 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 20:08:01 »
When is the RAMA keycap GB?

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #124 on: Sat, 07 September 2019, 18:34:13 »
When is the RAMA keycap GB?
This will probably be deferred till later. KBDfans will have a lot on their plate due to how successfull the Polaris GB was.

Offline D4PP3R

« Reply #125 on: Sat, 07 September 2019, 20:34:54 »
How concerned do I have to be that my spacebars will be warped? Never gotten an EPBT set, so I'm not sure what to expect.

Offline dantambok

« Reply #126 on: Sat, 07 September 2019, 22:24:54 »
How concerned do I have to be that my spacebars will be warped? Never gotten an EPBT set, so I'm not sure what to expect.

Well spacebar warping is a hit and miss and most you can easily DIY fix. My EPBT slate spacebars are pretty much straight
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline D4PP3R

« Reply #127 on: Mon, 09 September 2019, 00:11:34 »
It's come to my attention that there may be some unexpected changes in shipping costs that may affect this GB if all the packages aren't delivered by Oct 17th of this year. The US has chosen to leave the Universal Postal Union (UPU), which I believe is responsible for the low cost/free shipping provided by Epacket in China.

Source: https://postalpro.usps.com/mnt/glusterfs/2019-06/Universal%20Postal%20Union%20Exit%20Update_MTAC%20June%2019.pdf

After the 17th, should talks between the US and the United Nations fail, the prices for shipping from China to the USA, and possibly Canada as well, will be renegotiated to a higher cost. A cost that is likely in-line with domestic US shipping costs (like $10), if not twice that, considering the differing distances of shipment. Needless to say, all those that chose Epacket as their method of shipment will have to pay the difference before their package can be shipped, as well as possibly everyone else, as a result of the possible increase in shipping prices across the board. New shipping route may have to be selected to service people in Canada, which will save you money, but will likely take a long time.

In other words, there is a hard time limit on the shipment and delivery of this drop before receiving your package becomes a hell of a lot more complicated. 

Offline ThePanduuh

• Discord @ThePanduuh#0001
« Reply #128 on: Mon, 09 September 2019, 20:37:11 »
from kbdfans discord today: Kuro Shiro  keycap september 20 is expected

that's not that far away. might actually come along side my kbd8x mk2!
Bias BE | Polaris | Frog | Matrix 8xv2.0 Add | Iron165 SE | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | Cypher

Offline NimbleTortoise

« Reply #129 on: Tue, 10 September 2019, 16:49:54 »
Arriving by Sept 20 or being shipped at Sept 20?

Offline J3ff_Leopard

• Wishlist
« Reply #130 on: Tue, 10 September 2019, 16:51:30 »
I'm assuming arriving to KBDFans on the 20th by the phrasing on their Discord.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

WTB Resin Cast Click Clack Leaf

Offline D4PP3R

« Reply #131 on: Tue, 10 September 2019, 18:46:02 »

As long as all of the shipments can be sent out before Oct 17th, there is hope that there will be no interference of shipping prices, but I'm concerned that there will be a big problem with the cost of shipping possibly going up while the package is in transit. If the packages are handed off to another shipping company, mid-way through deliver, they may be forced to abide by the new shipping cost rules, which would probably mean that they would be stuck in transit until the difference can be payed in some way. I'm fairly confident, given the trade ware going on between China and the US, that talks will fail, resulting in the cost renegotiation that will make this hella complicated.   

Offline Zoro_Senpaii

« Reply #132 on: Tue, 10 September 2019, 21:34:47 »

As long as all of the shipments can be sent out before Oct 17th, there is hope that there will be no interference of shipping prices, but I'm concerned that there will be a big problem with the cost of shipping possibly going up while the package is in transit. If the packages are handed off to another shipping company, mid-way through deliver, they may be forced to abide by the new shipping cost rules, which would probably mean that they would be stuck in transit until the difference can be payed in some way. I'm fairly confident, given the trade ware going on between China and the US, that talks will fail, resulting in the cost renegotiation that will make this hella complicated.

I imagine there would be some sort of grace period, that would allow something that is in-transit to not be affected by the increased shipping costs. A change to shipping costs like that would surely mess up more than our precious key caps, and would throw a massive wrench in the global market, that I hope some one would have realized before hand.

Offline cemoon

« Reply #133 on: Tue, 10 September 2019, 22:11:32 »
Update on kbdfans.com: "9-10:It is expected to be shipped in late September or early October, and the raw materials are being injected"

Offline NimbleTortoise

« Reply #134 on: Wed, 11 September 2019, 01:21:58 »
Update on kbdfans.com: "9-10:It is expected to be shipped in late September or early October, and the raw materials are being injected"

Thanks babe

Offline aleck

« Reply #135 on: Wed, 11 September 2019, 22:12:21 »
It's happening!

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #136 on: Thu, 12 September 2019, 00:12:04 »
Can't wait for this to ship :cool:

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline popkorn62

• No keyboards for old men
    • Mekibo
« Reply #137 on: Thu, 12 September 2019, 00:48:31 »
This is easily the set I’m most excited to get!
==============
https://mekibo.com/

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #138 on: Sat, 14 September 2019, 00:02:59 »
Came to this thread for an update... and it looks like things are looking promising! Really look forward to seeing this set in hand.

Offline snurrebassen

• mechanical keyboard designer and enthusiast
    • Linktree
« Reply #139 on: Sat, 14 September 2019, 02:07:14 »
Crazy excited about this, cause i’ve just grown more and more fond of epbt lately! So happy i joined this one.

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #140 on: Sat, 14 September 2019, 02:47:44 »
It's always happy to see an update of this thread.
Make me feel like really close.  :p

Offline RETURNISO

• I do get excited about keyboard stuff..
« Reply #141 on: Sat, 14 September 2019, 03:51:44 »
Crazy excited about this, cause i’ve just grown more and more fond of epbt lately! So happy i joined this one.

F yes! And i think this is gonna be one of the few sets, if not the ONLY set with a Japanese translated Danish and Norwegian Æ separately haha, imo that is pretty dope :P

Offline J3ff_Leopard

• Wishlist
« Reply #142 on: Tue, 24 September 2019, 06:38:04 »
Latest update via KBDFans Discord states a delivery date of October 20th, which almost surely means delivery to them and not Group Buy participants. Early November here we come.

WTB Resin Cast Click Clack Leaf

Offline D4PP3R

« Reply #143 on: Tue, 24 September 2019, 08:13:52 »
This is an absolute ****show, I doubt that they'll even meet the Oct 20th timeframe. The US and China are renegotiating shipping rates on the 17th, so we'll all likely have to pay extra at this point. Not to mention, what in gods name are they talking about for the black dye-sub? I thought the agreed apon idea was that they were going to do white dye-subs on black keys.... We need an update from Gok.

Offline voight-kampff

« Reply #144 on: Tue, 24 September 2019, 08:37:30 »
I am also quiet disappointed

but beside white dye-sub on black keys is not possible. They need to do inverse dye-sub, so not the white but the black areas will be inked.

This is an absolute ****show, I doubt that they'll even meet the Oct 20th timeframe. The US and China are renegotiating shipping rates on the 17th, so we'll all likely have to pay extra at this point. Not to mention, what in gods name are they talking about for the black dye-sub? I thought the agreed apon idea was that they were going to do white dye-subs on black keys.... We need an update from Gok.

Offline slxdegrees

• Nerds With Keebs
    • Donate to Room To Read!
« Reply #145 on: Tue, 24 September 2019, 11:44:33 »
This seems like your first keyset GB. While I can't say I'm not disappointed by how this has been delayed repeatedly, I have been in enough gbs to not be surprised any longer. I mean, what else can you do bar wait? Demanding it go faster or voicing your stern disapproval is not gonna make it go any quicker. If you're really not keen on paying extra, just cancel and get a refund - I'm sure kbdfans will be more than willing to accede to that particular request.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline CYFX

« Reply #146 on: Tue, 24 September 2019, 12:09:28 »

Here are the newest colour samples:
Show Image

Below are photos from KBDfans showing the latest reversed dyesubbed samples.
Left is kuro/shiro, right is from an ABS set. They have managed to get it very black.
Show Image

More samples:
Show Image

I've given the greenlight for the normal dyesubbed keys so they are manufacturing those now but I'm not happy with the reversed dyesubbed keys.
When I received the first batch of samples, they were more of a very very dark navy.  Since then, they've tried reversed dyesubbing onto the WS1 base, L9 and the white from Black on White to see what base cap would yield the best black.
L9 makes the legends look tan and Black on White had the best tone of black but the legends don't match well enough.
Right now, I'm getting them to use the WS1 base and light the link a smidgen by adding some red/brown tone into it to offset the blue.

Click below to see the old samples
More
Show Image
Show Image

2nd sample is on the left and the newest is on the right. As state previously, it is more obvious in person and even more so on an overcast day.
I'm happy with this latest colour and will post photos of the dyesubbed samples next week.

Repost from IC thread.

Here are pics of the latest samples.
Show Image

Taken on a camera phone under natural light. The colour is a bit more saturated than in person but is a little more colour accurate than the DSLR.
Show Image

Taken on a camera phone under artificial light. The warmth gets compounded.
Show Image

Latest sample
Show Image

First sample
Show Image

Back in March, I had sent colour swatches for EPBT to colour match to and the samples arrived in April. I told KBDfans that it was too red and that to get a better idea of the hue, you need to look at the back of the keycaps rather than the top.
They agreed and asked if they could approve the next round of samples. I obliged because I thought it would be a simple task since they just needed to make a colour halfway between the first and second samples (brightness similar to the second sample but in a more neutral hue like the first sample) and I thought we were on the same page and also they knew from the beginning what my aims were.

This was my mistake and the third sample which got the green light by KBDfans went into production. I received the samples this week and I noticed that they looked really warm so I compared them to the colour samples that I received in April and found that they were virtually the same so I alerted KBDfans who put a stop on the production in order for us to re-confirm the colour again.

I'm sorry about the inconvenience this causes but I believe that getting a better product is worth the extra delays.

Gok stated in the samples post previously, that there was initially an issue with the black keys looking “fuzzy” around the white lettering.

In this post I have quoted from, they mention that the black was almost a navy rather than a dark black.

Based on this post The black color has since been correct.

Offline Hell-es

« Reply #147 on: Tue, 24 September 2019, 13:45:46 »
A bit dissapointing that here is a longer delay and also with extended 2048 in europe - not perfect with 2 epbt gbs from kbdfans ... but thats life

At least happy to somehow got a spot after the gb end ... so i won‘t complain

Offline Berzerker

« Reply #148 on: Tue, 24 September 2019, 14:22:36 »

Ask for a refund and quit your *****ing if you can't handle delays like this. This is not that bad and incredibly common in these.

Offline voight-kampff

« Reply #149 on: Tue, 24 September 2019, 14:25:14 »

Here are the newest colour samples:
Show Image

Below are photos from KBDfans showing the latest reversed dyesubbed samples.
Left is kuro/shiro, right is from an ABS set. They have managed to get it very black.
Show Image

More samples:
Show Image

I've given the greenlight for the normal dyesubbed keys so they are manufacturing those now but I'm not happy with the reversed dyesubbed keys.
When I received the first batch of samples, they were more of a very very dark navy.  Since then, they've tried reversed dyesubbing onto the WS1 base, L9 and the white from Black on White to see what base cap would yield the best black.
L9 makes the legends look tan and Black on White had the best tone of black but the legends don't match well enough.
Right now, I'm getting them to use the WS1 base and light the link a smidgen by adding some red/brown tone into it to offset the blue.

Click below to see the old samples
More
Show Image
Show Image

2nd sample is on the left and the newest is on the right. As state previously, it is more obvious in person and even more so on an overcast day.
I'm happy with this latest colour and will post photos of the dyesubbed samples next week.

Repost from IC thread.

Here are pics of the latest samples.
Show Image

Taken on a camera phone under natural light. The colour is a bit more saturated than in person but is a little more colour accurate than the DSLR.
Show Image

Taken on a camera phone under artificial light. The warmth gets compounded.
Show Image

Latest sample
Show Image

First sample
Show Image

Back in March, I had sent colour swatches for EPBT to colour match to and the samples arrived in April. I told KBDfans that it was too red and that to get a better idea of the hue, you need to look at the back of the keycaps rather than the top.
They agreed and asked if they could approve the next round of samples. I obliged because I thought it would be a simple task since they just needed to make a colour halfway between the first and second samples (brightness similar to the second sample but in a more neutral hue like the first sample) and I thought we were on the same page and also they knew from the beginning what my aims were.

This was my mistake and the third sample which got the green light by KBDfans went into production. I received the samples this week and I noticed that they looked really warm so I compared them to the colour samples that I received in April and found that they were virtually the same so I alerted KBDfans who put a stop on the production in order for us to re-confirm the colour again.

I'm sorry about the inconvenience this causes but I believe that getting a better product is worth the extra delays.

Gok stated in the samples post previously, that there was initially an issue with the black keys looking “fuzzy” around the white lettering.

In this post I have quoted from, they mention that the black was almost a navy rather than a dark black.

Based on this post The black color has since been correct.
The new colour samples look really nice. God work.

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk