Author Topic: HHKB Pro2 ESC Key Shape?  (Read 1318 times)

Offline Cicada88

HHKB Pro2 ESC Key Shape?
« on: Thu, 18 June 2015, 13:05:04 »
Is the ESC key on a HHKB shaped uniquely to the other top row keys?  If so is there any other key with on the board with the same shape?

Offline abswyfe

• I <3 Geekhack
Re: HHKB Pro2 ESC Key Shape?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 18 June 2015, 13:07:12 »
Entire top row is the same including esc
All other rows diff than top row

Why?????
Thank you all Destiny supporters and all you fun people in off topic! I think I will try to stick around for a while!

Offline Cicada88

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 18 June 2015, 13:32:00 »
Cool.  I was just wondering because I'm about to receive my first HHKB in the mail and I see a lot of people selling "escape" keys, but I want blank anyway so it won't matter if it's just a top row key or an escape key!

Offline TastaturenAuslese

• Formerly temence
  • life marrow suckerer
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 02:46:39 »
Cool.  I was just wondering because I'm about to receive my first HHKB in the mail and I see a lot of people selling "escape" keys, but I want blank anyway so it won't matter if it's just a top row key or an escape key!

Careful with the profile though! I'm not sure about other keys, but I bought a Topre keycap from Shapeways which was meant for R4 (the top row of the HHKB) and the keycap came in a bit too high than the rest. It's most probably just because of the manufacturing design they had at Shapeways though. They aren't a keycap manufacturer so they just 3D print it off of specs.
Home: Kishsaver - IBM 6019284/F62 | Work: HHKB Professional 2 Silenced | Temporary Retirement:
More
IBM '89 1391401 Merrill Lynch Financial Edition

They are a functional and practical indulgence.