Author Topic: I need help! :( [UPDATE!]  (Read 2023 times)

Offline kdiz

I need help! :( [UPDATE!]
« on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 17:24:18 »
Hello everyone!
I'm writing this post with a hope and a shame.
I just broke a spacebar in my CM Storm Quickfire TK Cherry MX Red keyboard. ;_;
I can't find a replacement in the webs. I even wrote a letter to Cooler Master support with a question, if they can sell me one; need to wait for the response.
And here's my case with you guys. If CM won't sell me it, where can I buy one in the internet, because I know it's a special size spacebar (6,5 units, http://deskthority.net/wiki/Space_bar_dimensions#6.5_units_.28123mm_wide.2C_3_mounts.2C_52.25mm_apart.29) and it's really hard for me to find one.
I still got a guarantee for the keyboard, if it would help anyway. I really would love for someone to help me, because I don't want to buy new keyboard. :(

In advance, I'm sorry for my ignorance and placing this thread in the wrong subforum.
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 July 2015, 20:34:28 by kdiz »

Offline VinnyCordeiro

Re: I need help! :(
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 18:10:51 »

Offline kdiz

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 18:45:22 »
Thank You man!!!
You saved me. Also last question, so for my keyboard it would be DCS profile right?

Offline VinnyCordeiro

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 19:07:49 »
I believe so. I just want to warn you that the DCS space bars available there are either red or blue plastic, I hope that doesn't bother you.

Offline Fullcream

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 19:15:47 »
If you haven't changed the key caps on your board then DCS profile will still fit and work but it might be a tad shorter and have a steeper angle than the standard bottom row of key caps.

Offline kdiz

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 20:25:29 »
So, then DSA profile would be more similar to the type Cooler Master uses?

Offline KatzenKinder

• * Maker
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 01:53:13 »

DSA is totally flat, so DCS is probably still closer than DSA would be.

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 02:22:52 »

DSA is totally flat, so DCS is probably still closer than DSA would be.
In order:

OEM>DCS>Cherry

OEM is very tall, DCS is a mix between the 2 afaik, and then cherry is low profile cylindrical sculpted, and in my opinion, the best.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 06:51:31 »
You're biggest problem will be finding a 6.5x space bar.  Most space bars are 6.25x.

Maybe grab a couple of DCS ones from SP/PMK just in case.

And keep them as spares if CM are able to provide replacements.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline kdiz

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 08:00:12 »
Thank You for help guys! I really appreciate it :)
Also, where can I buy those DCS spacebars for best price, because with shipping to my country, it's really expensive converting to our currency ;<

Offline kdiz

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 20:33:32 »
UPDATE:

Well, basically, does Cooler Master got one of the best customer services in the world? I'm a little flattered and I don't know if I really should take the key for free ;C
Also, what did he mean by RMA keyboards? :P

Cheers~
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 July 2015, 20:35:43 by kdiz »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: I need help! :( [UPDATE!]
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 20:39:53 »
UPDATE:
Show Image

Well, basically, does Cooler Master got one of the best customer services in the world? I'm a little flattered and I don't know if I really should take the key for free ;C
Also, what did he mean by RMA keyboards? :P

Cheers~
He means he will take the key off of a board someone else returned.