Poll

Which type for GMK black lotus?

ICON mods
401 (66.3%)
TEXT mods
204 (33.7%)

Total Members Voted: 605

Author Topic: [IC] Black Lotus Keyset - UPDATED OP - GB GOING LIVE ON TKC ON APRIL 2020  (Read 292885 times)

Re: [IC] Black Lotus Keyset Update: ICON MODIFIERS
« Reply #500 on: Tue, 05 February 2019, 15:25:42 »
Should have some updates soon. I’m on vacation next 2 weeks and I did burn all that money on Black Friday buying keyshot. There’s a few more caps I need to model and then I’m gonna render out a couple variants and see what people think.

Schedule is tight the next day or two but then I have nothing for the next like 10 days.

One thing I’m torn about is whether or not the novelties should go in the base kit. To whoever was asking above, there will probably be a black spacebar in the kit just to help keep quakemz sane.

The big decision is just how big a base kit to do and how many child kits we can manage without totally ruining all of their chances.

Anyway, I’ll mock up a few different kit variants and versions of the color way (2 color vs 3 color) etc. and then we can see what people think. Hopefully the majority all lean the same way.
Any updates avail?

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #501 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 10:29:20 »
Should have some updates soon. I’m on vacation next 2 weeks and I did burn all that money on Black Friday buying keyshot. There’s a few more caps I need to model and then I’m gonna render out a couple variants and see what people think.

Schedule is tight the next day or two but then I have nothing for the next like 10 days.

One thing I’m torn about is whether or not the novelties should go in the base kit. To whoever was asking above, there will probably be a black spacebar in the kit just to help keep quakemz sane.

The big decision is just how big a base kit to do and how many child kits we can manage without totally ruining all of their chances.

Anyway, I’ll mock up a few different kit variants and versions of the color way (2 color vs 3 color) etc. and then we can see what people think. Hopefully the majority all lean the same way.
Any updates avail?

Had some family **** come up over the holidays so it’s delayed a few months, the upside is I’ve been able to save even more money :P.

I’ve been working on getting a business registered so I can get tax ids and open business shipping accounts and bank account and such.

Also didn’t expect deep space right now.

Anyway, I mainly just had to take a step away from keyboards for the last month or two so I’ve been inactive. I’ll try and update soon with something more meaningful.

« Reply #502 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 16:19:08 »

Any updates avail?

Had some family **** come up over the holidays so it’s delayed a few months, the upside is I’ve been able to save even more money :P.

I’ve been working on getting a business registered so I can get tax ids and open business shipping accounts and bank account and such.

Anyway, I mainly just had to take a step away from keyboards for the last month or two so I’ve been inactive. I’ll try and update soon with something more meaningful.

Awesome! Glad to hear you're still here an that this is still going to roll! I was having massive issues deciding colour on my next keeb due to the small lul there... Looking forward to some new updates and will stick with my original plan!

Deep Space is a weird combo of colours, that's for sure, haha.

Offline rk74051

• Carpe Noctem Iterum
« Reply #503 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 07:00:26 »

Any updates avail?

It has passed almost a week, so any update avail now?
|archon REːAL PLATINUM FX Round 2 DIY KIT[Black, Aluminium Plate, Ver 2.0 PCB, Drop Holy Panda, Massdrop X Oblotzky SA Oblivion Oblivion Mod(Oblivion Alpha),  Signed by Joe 'Mr.Hahn' Hahn of Linkin Park(Carry On, 7/18/2019 KST)]|
|CM Storm Novatouch TKL[Norbauer R2 Galactic Blue, Massdrop X Mito SA Godspeed]|

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #504 on: Wed, 20 February 2019, 00:35:04 »
Hope to join this GB someday.

Offline jnlybean

• I like to draw artisans
« Reply #505 on: Fri, 01 March 2019, 12:31:53 »
Is there any chance of adding ortholinear/ergodox support for this? I love this set so much and it'd be great on my boardwalk :D 🙏

Offline Champalan

« Reply #506 on: Tue, 26 March 2019, 23:23:22 »
One day this set will be made...

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #507 on: Wed, 27 March 2019, 09:07:06 »
Personally when i think of the name " black lotus", i think of sa keycaps that are dark purple and the windows modifier keys have a black lotus on them and are white.

Offline megaforce

« Reply #508 on: Wed, 27 March 2019, 11:30:11 »
ne black pink avial?
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline Weekend Clock

« Reply #509 on: Wed, 27 March 2019, 14:05:30 »
Will this have a colemak set?

« Reply #510 on: Wed, 27 March 2019, 14:12:40 »
Hope to join this GB someday.
Someday....

Offline rk74051

• Carpe Noctem Iterum
« Reply #511 on: Wed, 27 March 2019, 15:26:32 »
No Update, Still?
Same situation happens as last year?
Plz.....
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 March 2019, 15:33:10 by rk74051 »
|archon REːAL PLATINUM FX Round 2 DIY KIT[Black, Aluminium Plate, Ver 2.0 PCB, Drop Holy Panda, Massdrop X Oblotzky SA Oblivion Oblivion Mod(Oblivion Alpha),  Signed by Joe 'Mr.Hahn' Hahn of Linkin Park(Carry On, 7/18/2019 KST)]|
|CM Storm Novatouch TKL[Norbauer R2 Galactic Blue, Massdrop X Mito SA Godspeed]|

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #512 on: Thu, 28 March 2019, 01:48:10 »
Damn... Just realized that this set has been in IC since 2016  :))

Offline rk74051

• Carpe Noctem Iterum
« Reply #513 on: Thu, 28 March 2019, 13:46:34 »
Damn... Just realized that this set has been in IC since 2016  :))
So sad.....

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #514 on: Thu, 28 March 2019, 14:10:53 »
I'm thinking of dropping potatobot a pm and ask if I could pick this up and run it. The original designer seems likely to already abandon the project.

Offline WilySouser

• I would RTFM, but I can't find the FM
« Reply #515 on: Thu, 28 March 2019, 16:08:59 »
I'm thinking of dropping potatobot a pm and ask if I could pick this up and run it. The original designer seems likely to already abandon the project.

I'll support whatever gets this thing to GB

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #516 on: Thu, 28 March 2019, 17:57:25 »

3rd times a charm! Monochrome options pls!  :p

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #517 on: Thu, 28 March 2019, 18:14:01 »

Haha. This set was one of the reason that got me into the hobby and monochrome black/purple was also one of the hook, so I am passionate about picking it up. My assumption is that I won't be hearing anything back from the original designer. If I pick up this set, my plan is to have everything custom colored. Most likely will order an Accel Word Black Lotus action figure from Japan and have it color matched to the RAL/Pantone booklet. All the novelties will get redesigned as well, as they all look very outdated to me.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #518 on: Thu, 28 March 2019, 18:33:18 »
Haha. This set was one of the reason that got me into the hobby and monochrome black/purple was also one of the hook, so I am passionate about picking it up. My assumption is that I won't be hearing anything back from the original designer. If I pick up this set, my plan is to have everything custom colored. Most likely will order an Accel Word Black Lotus action figure from Japan and have it color matched to the RAL/Pantone booklet. All the novelties will get redesigned as well, as they all look very outdated to me.

So long as you hone the original intent and both themes of the set, I'm all for you (and/or anyone else) taking it over - much easier to get some backers far as vendors etc go nowadays, it's a given that this set will do well.

Offline jobicoppola

« Reply #519 on: Thu, 28 March 2019, 18:41:49 »
i think everyone following this would be stoked to hear about any actual progress - if that means an update from potatobot then great, or if it ends up being better for someone else / otani to pick it up, so be it - just want to see this set become a reality :)))

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #520 on: Fri, 29 March 2019, 01:26:23 »

Lets get this train going guys!!!

Offline Namkhanhv

« Reply #521 on: Fri, 29 March 2019, 02:23:03 »
I did a quick render just to see the hiragana legends in the colors. Ignore the monochrome/mod type etc. it’s only for alphas. I’ll do better ones later. This is just what was setup.

Show Image

I am here to express my great interest for the mono theme and the hiragana sub-legend. I don't know I want a purple set that much until seeing the new render. Looks stunning!  :eek:

Offline Yonben

« Reply #522 on: Fri, 29 March 2019, 05:42:36 »
I did a quick render just to see the hiragana legends in the colors. Ignore the monochrome/mod type etc. it’s only for alphas. I’ll do better ones later. This is just what was setup.

Show Image

Wow loving that! Def interested!!

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #523 on: Fri, 29 March 2019, 06:59:39 »
Buy this for sure.
When will the GB start @@

Offline Furikurichemy

« Reply #524 on: Fri, 29 March 2019, 08:26:06 »
So glad this is getting attention again. Really want that monochrome set!!

Offline SleepIsAllINeed

« Reply #525 on: Fri, 29 March 2019, 19:01:09 »
+1 for monochrome

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #526 on: Fri, 29 March 2019, 22:06:50 »
I'm gonna be that annoying guy and throw the idea of a kobe kit as well  :-X flameon.
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 March 2019, 22:08:38 by Vadurr »

Offline rk74051

• Carpe Noctem Iterum
« Reply #527 on: Sat, 30 March 2019, 14:08:13 »

Good to hear that, I will support with buying on GB  :thumb:

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #528 on: Sat, 30 March 2019, 14:50:23 »
Haven't heard anything back, so I will just go ahead and start working on a reboot of this set starting next week. Some other respected members of our community will be working alongside with me on this project as well. A separate IC will go up once I got most of everything down the paper. Looking good!

Offline portbaron

« Reply #529 on: Sat, 30 March 2019, 15:06:08 »
Let's do this thing.
| LIVING THE 1800 LIFE |

Offline jobicoppola

« Reply #530 on: Sat, 30 March 2019, 15:07:14 »

Offline Furikurichemy

« Reply #531 on: Sat, 30 March 2019, 18:50:44 »
 :thumb: :thumb:  :thumb:

« Reply #532 on: Sat, 30 March 2019, 19:15:31 »
Very nice to see this getting some traction, my black on black xeno is actually going to get it's set!

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #533 on: Sat, 30 March 2019, 19:27:43 »
Haven't heard anything back, so I will just go ahead and start working on a reboot of this set starting next week. Some other respected members of our community will be working alongside with me on this project as well. A separate IC will go up once I got most of everything down the paper. Looking good!

You should be able to reach potatobot on discord. I’m fine with someone else running it personally as my life has just been way more busy than I expected lately. I’m also just super worried about moq so I keep pushing to save more money. I’d actually considered contacting gmk to see if I could like prebuy a slot and start color matching in advanced. Anyway, I spent like 2k buying keyshot last year and have been so busy that I still haven’t had time to really even use it. If no one else does it, eventually I’ll just save up enough for 250 sets and then run it, but I get some people aren’t as patient as me.

Anyway, I have lots of sets I want to make real, so if someone else is going to drive I’m totally happy to just buy a couple sets myself and work on getting some of the other sets I want to see made when I have time.

Offline Capsy

« Reply #534 on: Sat, 30 March 2019, 22:30:22 »
Make this happen please !!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline FinalEleven

« Reply #535 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 15:10:31 »
I literally just joined to support this and to see it happen. Purple and Black are my favorite colorways and I want this concept to come to life!

Offline NimbleTortoise

« Reply #536 on: Wed, 03 April 2019, 00:20:15 »
Hmm I feel it would look better if the mods were a bit more muted. The contrast between the purple and the pink is a little weird imo. Just my 2 cents, it still looks nice.

Offline nui_e

« Reply #537 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 12:35:51 »
Hmm I feel it would look better if the mods were a bit more muted. The contrast between the purple and the pink is a little weird imo. Just my 2 cents, it still looks nice.

agree

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #538 on: Sat, 06 April 2019, 17:43:24 »
This set is one of the few I'm still hoping to put money toward (not buying much these days as I'm pretty happy with my collection), but regarding the reworking of novelties I hope that involves keeping the Magic part of the inspiration and not going full weeb since we need as much of an audience for this as possible.  Heck, I'd even throw around the idea of not investing too heavily in the idea of novelties and maybe just put the flower and some Accel World key in the main set and call it a day.

Offline Weekend Clock

« Reply #539 on: Sun, 07 April 2019, 01:25:02 »
Don't see why we couldn't keep the novelties half Accel World, half MTG. I'm really digging the hiragana sublegends though.

Offline NICHUY01

« Reply #540 on: Sun, 07 April 2019, 14:22:45 »
would like to join the gb for this!

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #541 on: Sun, 07 April 2019, 14:51:07 »
Nay to weeb legends, yay to monochrome mod/alphas (as in Terminal/Skidata/etc style).

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
« Reply #542 on: Sun, 21 April 2019, 06:20:36 »
Nay to weeb legends, yay to monochrome mod/alphas (as in Terminal/Skidata/etc style).

or we can have both right?

I want to run this so bad!

Offline Furikurichemy

« Reply #543 on: Sun, 21 April 2019, 06:23:27 »

Yeah, both. This set will sell enough kits and half of the theme is Japanese.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #544 on: Sun, 21 April 2019, 18:40:28 »

I'd rather the weeb legends have their own kit, I believe the set has enough pull to make it work that way (prices are really not bad considering GMK already owns the moulds thanks to Laser) without imposing the alternative alphabet on base but this is your set, I'll understand and respect the decision either way. Glad to see you active!

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
« Reply #545 on: Mon, 22 April 2019, 09:22:00 »

I'd rather the weeb legends have their own kit, I believe the set has enough pull to make it work that way (prices are really not bad considering GMK already owns the moulds thanks to Laser) without imposing the alternative alphabet on base but this is your set, I'll understand and respect the decision either way. Glad to see you active!

I cant say i own the set coz everyone has been contributing to make it better. The more kits for everyone the better, but lets stay realistic on that note.

Ive been reaching out to several vendors lately, hope we could get a good slot.  :thumb:

« Reply #546 on: Mon, 22 April 2019, 09:24:44 »

I cant say i own the set coz everyone has been contributing to make it better. The more kits for everyone the better, but lets stay realistic on that note.

Ive been reaching out to several vendors lately, hope we could get a good slot.  :thumb:
Hyyyyyyyyyyyyype!!!!!!!!

Offline Weekend Clock

« Reply #547 on: Mon, 22 April 2019, 16:49:55 »
Oh shoot, is it actually going to happen?

Been lurking for a year waiting

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #548 on: Tue, 23 April 2019, 01:10:48 »
oh fk. this is happening!!

Offline Acereconkeys

• Happiness = life - expectations
« Reply #549 on: Tue, 23 April 2019, 02:03:31 »
oh my looooooooord
TMO50 | Jane V2 CE Incoming | Realforce 87u 55g | Aergo

Aergo design and build log: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103681.msg2840918#msg2840918