Author Topic: specific, custom plate/keyboard build - ideas?  (Read 1082 times)

Offline Cypis

specific, custom plate/keyboard build - ideas?
« on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 20:25:29 »
Hello.
I'm reader of geekhack for a long time - never really had resources/excuse to get some nice keyboard, but... things happen.
Some time ago I had quite serious accident, that included my left wrist - and now, after some stainless steel ad titanium enhancements and over a year of rehabilitation, I can kinda use it again.

So - for standard stuff I use some older Logitech keyboard - one of those membrane ones of better quality, with caps that won't stuck all the way down :)
Not ideal, but good enough for now.

Now I'd like to return to some gaming - and here's a problem - I have about 70% control of wrist, and my fingers are crooked a bit, so I'd need something a'la "ergonomic" ones, curved upward.
I cannot afford stuff like Logitech G13 or Razer Orbweaver (typical gaming devices, I know, I tried the first for a moment one and seemed to be good choice)

Still - I can solder, so I'm thinking about build some custom plate, several mechanical switches, and controller with full nkro.
I asked for help in local community workshop, and some guy there can 3d print some nice keycaps.

Low budget, and I'm not in a hurry, looking for simplest controller, maybe some curved plate project.
I'm not sure if it was discussed here, on geekhack (searching was of no help), so - any ideas? 

cheers
--
Cypis