Author Topic: [IC] Nuclear Data Green Old-Skool (SA Row 3 Profile) Keycaps  (Read 84467 times)

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
Re: [IC] Nuclear Data Green Old-Skool Keycaps
« Reply #150 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 19:57:46 »
You really should find the exact color you want and send an example or the approximate pantone code equivalent. It really doesn't add that much time on (only a couple weeks) and that time could just be used for people to place their orders or generate the mock ups. After toxic starts arriving at peoples houses I suspect more will want sets with new original colors not currently in SPs regular inventories.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline agodinhost

• Soylent green is people ...
    • Dr Ian O Xaman
« Reply #151 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 13:12:48 »
Please, forgive me if someone else already asked: any chance to get an ErgoDox set?
+1
Building one square I2C keyboard with those 1200 switches (thanks JDCarpe)
GH60 |GH60-Alps |GH60-BT |GHPad/GHPad Alps |GH60-Case |Alps TKL |EL Wire |OS Controller, Round 2 |My Custom Keyboard |WTT/WTB

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #152 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 13:17:55 »
how's ergodox on SA? any picture?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #153 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 13:31:31 »
how's ergodox on SA? any picture?

You can see some commando (SA) on ergodox action in Glod's post (you might have to click the links to get to his flicker page)

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=45655.msg1204312#msg1204312

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #154 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 20:50:26 »
You really should find the exact color you want and send an example or the approximate pantone code equivalent. It really doesn't add that much time on (only a couple weeks) and that time could just be used for people to place their orders or generate the mock ups. After toxic starts arriving at peoples houses I suspect more will want sets with new original colors not currently in SPs regular inventories.

+1 for this approach.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #155 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 11:12:12 »
This has come up more than once, and although it is covered in the OP, it bears repeating:

Would you ever consider doing these in SA profile?

They will be in SA profile.  All Row 3.

How else could they truly be Old Skool?

Also, I am considering adding a Big-Ass Enter Key and a Long-Ass spacebar. Unfortunately 9x is the longest SA spacebar SP lists; I'd prefer 10x, but what are you going to do.

Is anyone else interested in a long spacebar?

Is anyone interested in a Big-Ass Enter Key, or is an ISO Enter big enough?

- Ron | samwisekoi

p.s.  Updated OP and OP#2.
« Last Edit: Sun, 30 March 2014, 11:23:10 by samwisekoi »
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: [IC] Nuclear Data Green Old-Skool (SA Row 3 Profile) Keycaps
« Reply #156 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 13:04:13 »
This has come up more than once, and although it is covered in the OP, it bears repeating:

Would you ever consider doing these in SA profile?

They will be in SA profile.  All Row 3.

How else could they truly be Old Skool?

Also, I am considering adding a Big-Ass Enter Key and a Long-Ass spacebar. Unfortunately 9x is the longest SA spacebar SP lists; I'd prefer 10x, but what are you going to do.

Is anyone else interested in a long spacebar?

Is anyone interested in a Big-Ass Enter Key, or is an ISO Enter big enough?

- Ron | samwisekoi

p.s.  Updated OP and OP#2.

I was gong to ask about the 9x space bar.

I wish they had a 10x.

What keyboards would be compatible with a 9x? I would love to find a way to use the 9x space bar with my gh60 in the future.

Any ideas?

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #157 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 14:04:53 »
9x spacebars may be a problem on standard keyboards.  We could do a 10x DCS in matching colors.

I have not looked at the GH60 for a 9x spacebar.  I'll do that.  Stabilizers will be a problem.  That was why I worked up the layout several posts above.  I may do a PCB with a 2x5, 15x5, and 4x5 blocks, and if I do, I can make the 15x5 section be stand-off compatible with the GH60 and pin-compatible with the Phantom.  THAT will have a 9x spacebar with PCB-stabilizer mounts to fit.  (Cherry PCB-stabilizer wires are very easy to make whatever length you want.)

I did notice that the original Nuclear Data keyboard only uses 1x and 1.5x keycaps (plus the long spacebar.)  I might play around with a layout like that.

Anyhow, I'll go see if a 9+1 or some such can be made to work on the GH60.

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #158 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 14:38:17 »
An ergodox kit will probably entice me in.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #159 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 15:09:49 »
Ok, I am not the expert, but (except for stabs) I believe the following will work on the GH60:

1.25 - 1.25 - 9.00 - 1.00 - 1.25 - 1.25

59202-0
Possible 9+1 spacebar on GH60.
Original image from jdcarpe's post in GH60 [IC] thread.

Expert opinions hereby solicited!

- Ron | samwisekoi

« Last Edit: Sun, 30 March 2014, 15:12:24 by samwisekoi »

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #160 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 16:12:21 »
I am no expert either but I just gave this a go, and I hate to say it but the 1.25 - 1.25 - 9.00 - 1.00 - 1.25 - 1.25 won't work as the switch mount for the spacebar is not in the required position. As a matter of fact, I don't think the GH60 supports 10u with PCB mounted stabs. as you can see from the image.

The blue outlines are based on SVG exported from the production revision of the GH60 PCB.

This is ofcourse assuming the 10u and 9u spacebar are as mentioned here: http://deskthority.net/wiki/Space_bar_dimensions#10_units_.28190mm_wide.2C_3_mounts.2C_66.5mm_apart.29 and following the Cherry specification of switch in center and stab mounts 3.5u on either side.

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim
« Reply #161 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 16:58:13 »
1.25-1.25-10-1.25-1.25 should work. I think moz is right that 9u will not work if it is not centered on bottom row. Also anything bigger than 7u space bar will not work with pcb stabs on gh60. Could do plate mount though but will obviously require a plate.

*also not an expert  ;)
« Last Edit: Sun, 30 March 2014, 17:00:46 by whiskytango »
I stay busy with work and family these days, but I'm still around, lurking.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #162 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 17:12:48 »
Centered will work in 1.25--1.75--9u--1.75--1.25 config, where  the 1.75 key has to be off center, to the left on one key and right on the other (We can rotate the standard off-center cap 180 degrees)

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #163 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 17:34:26 »
Centered will work in 1.25--1.75--9u--1.75--1.25 config, where  the 1.75 key has to be off center, to the left on one key and right on the other (We can rotate the standard off-center cap 180 degrees)

You read my mind.

I was thinking of this. Can text be put upside down to make this work?

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #164 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 17:59:51 »
In theory, yes since it is row 3 flat profile. However they do have 1.75 stepped right and stepped left keys according to their website.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #165 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 18:59:56 »
In theory, yes since it is row 3 flat profile. However they do have 1.75 stepped right and stepped left keys according to their website.

If this I'd confirmed to work with the gh60, then that's great news.

When the GB starts you might need a separate Kit for the keys and other off set keys for the 9x space bar.

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #166 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 16:19:26 »
Interested!

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #167 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 23:33:34 »
Change VV to a custom color that matches more accurately. If you can get a sample from the original caps then you can send it in for an exact match. You just have be willing to wait a few weeks for its return.

I would also be in for 8x and 9x size spacebars. Also hoping the set supports 1.5x mods as well, they were not in the mockup last I looked, and neither was 1.75x shift. I'd like this bad boy fully compatible with 1800 :D
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #168 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 12:18:23 »
Change VV to a custom color that matches more accurately. If you can get a sample from the original caps then you can send it in for an exact match. You just have be willing to wait a few weeks for its return.

I would also be in for 8x and 9x size spacebars. Also hoping the set supports 1.5x mods as well, they were not in the mockup last I looked, and neither was 1.75x shift. I'd like this bad boy fully compatible with 1800 :D

I am much more likely to sort one of your two requests than the other.  Specifically, having 1.00 and 1.50 mods as well as an ISO enter and long spacebars are high on my list.

If you look at the photo in the OP, you can see that all of the keycaps are either 1x or 1.5x with the sole exception of the 10x spacebar.  I might do a PCB or hardware plate to support that layout.  Other than that, matt3o's Granite GB is probably a great indication of the keycap selection we will attempt.

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #169 on: Sun, 13 April 2014, 14:34:14 »

I am much more likely to sort one of your two requests than the other.  Specifically, having 1.00 and 1.50 mods as well as an ISO enter and long spacebars are high on my list.

If you look at the photo in the OP, you can see that all of the keycaps are either 1x or 1.5x with the sole exception of the 10x spacebar.  I might do a PCB or hardware plate to support that layout.  Other than that, matt3o's Granite GB is probably a great indication of the keycap selection we will attempt.

- Ron | samwisekoi

Ron, let me add my words of support for a big ass enter, as well as options for blank 1.25, 1.5, 1 mods much like what the Tai Hao set came with. These will give people a lot of options.
(EG Razer, Corsair, some CM models, sometimes have non-standard layouts giving many people severe grief when they try to get something that fits. This being an Old-Skool color scheme, it might be pretty tough.)

I personally do not use Steelseries, but I know these guys have lots of fans, and the fans are always shortchanged and locked out of group buys. I think even if a big-ass enter is priced at $6 or 7, it will have no difficulty selling because people need it.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #170 on: Wed, 16 April 2014, 06:01:03 »
If you add a 1.75x shift key I would be interested :) IMHO the green could be a bit darker to match the original. These would be quite awesome on any 60% board.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #171 on: Wed, 16 April 2014, 07:02:27 »
I might do a custom keyboard layout (hard-wire or pcb) like this:

(Attachment Link)
Nuclear Data Keyboard samwisekoi 2014

Because these will be SA keycaps, any of the key positions can have any of the keycaps.  So if someone wanted to place F1-F10 on the left, they could, etc.

Just some pondering...

- Ron | samwisekoi

Very interesting layout. I would change use the caps lock for control, the current place of control for alt and the capc lock may be in place of alt in the left block.

Offline grapenutster

• Memories of Green
« Reply #172 on: Mon, 19 May 2014, 15:19:06 »
Pls count me in! 
Remember this thread?
Show Image

Take a look at these pictures of my Nuclear Data terminals.

This brings new meaning to the phrase "dumb terminal".  The housing includes only the high voltage drive electronics for the CRT and no electronics for processing the keyboard or refreshing the display from memory!  The interface to the outside world consists of a parallel ribbon cable sending keyboard data out and a video input for the CRT monitor.  I believe the circuitry that generates the video feed is enclosed somewhere in the peripheral boxes for the ND 812 computer, but I have no documentation and haven't reverse engineered the circuits yet.

I originally purchased just the ND 6600 terminal because damn that vintage green keyboard was cool looking.  I purchased it from The Black Hole and got it home before I realized it was mostly empty.  On my next trip down to the Hole, I picked up the remaining Nuclear Data gear that was there: the ND812 computer, peripherals and 3 ND 600 data entry terminals with nuclear instrumentation module slots.

If anyone has information about what kind of data the is returning (parallel ASCII, serial ASCII?) to save me the trouble of reverse engineering it, that would be awesome.  Any Nuclear Data 812 information in general would also be appreciated!

During the Retro DSA Group Buy we had talked about a reprise of the Nuclear Data keycaps in White-on-Green doubleshot, potentially in SA profile for maximum old skool-ness.  Maybe a couple of Cold War special keycaps, certainly large, bold, simple legends, especially a numbers-only 10-key pad.

Is anyone still interested in this?

[update 14-03-08]
MAIN INTEREST CHECK QUESTION:
Would you like a set of glossy White on Green (WoG) retro keycaps in SA profile?

POTENTIAL FALLBACK OPTION IF WE CANNOT GET 100% GLOSSY FINISH:
If and only if they cannot ALL be glossy, should we
(A) make them all semi-matte or
(B) make as many of them as possible glossy?
[/update]

- Ron | samwisekoi
It's too bad she won't live, but then again, who does?

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #173 on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 06:37:38 »
Is there a GB thread yet for this?

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #174 on: Thu, 22 May 2014, 21:52:33 »
Just been reading the above comments of supplying 9x and 10x space-bars to people BUT what will the cost be when this Group Buy is finally launched?  I'm not against any inclusion  of large space-bars in this key-set but considering you need at least 100 people to place forward their money for this key-set then you need to decide what will be included or excluded in keeping the price viable.

Since most here still use the normal 6.25 and/or even 7x space-bars in their current keyboards then why should they pay extra for a 9 or 10x space bar that only a handful of people would want?

Not being nasty here but you need to consider the final pricing and cost break downs when running this.  Already any ISO sets that are provided are always hard to get tipped over in SP's order page.  But if there's enough interest in the standard key-set like over 150 signing up before the deadline, then SP could bundle in the 9 and 10x spacers as a good incentive for running this order through.

Although 7x is enough for anyone to use and handle at their own discretion  :thumb: .
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 May 2014, 21:56:04 by Elrick »

Offline Firebolt1914

• POM Overlord
« Reply #175 on: Thu, 29 May 2014, 20:17:08 »
I would most likely buy it depending on the price and whether it has an ErgoDox kit.

Offline moptimus

« Reply #176 on: Sat, 31 May 2014, 21:30:50 »
I would most likely buy it depending on the price and whether it has an ErgoDox kit.

Likewise.

Filco TKL Brown| Dox Clear| Poker II Brown| QFR Red| Ducky Zero Blue Dolch| Ducky 9087G2 Black

Offline Zeroblade

• Twitter
« Reply #177 on: Sun, 01 June 2014, 07:14:09 »
Color and font scheme look awesome.
Being on a vanilla Filco, I'd be perfectly fine with just the stock ANSI set + a few alternate keys, though I don't mind having to spend a little bit more to add, say, the extra ISO keys, to help push towards MOQ.
But I don't think we should keep on adding more and more and more keys, since as the variety of the keys grows, the likelihood of the MOQ being met becomes lower and lower. (I don't have an actual function for this though).

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #178 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 07:11:48 »
(Patiently waits for this to become a groupbuy -- no rush.)

Also, when you guys say "Big Ass Enter" do you mean the Big Ass Enter as seen on a G80-2100 HDU (which I have)? Please say yes, because that would be awesome.

Seriously, take your time on this one. Let the interest grow, and grow (and my wallet replenish).
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #179 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 07:23:54 »
yes, big ass RETURN (not enter) is the HUGE 1.5x2.25x2, not the lame 1.5x1.25x2

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #180 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 11:15:41 »
yes, big ass RETURN (not enter) is the HUGE 1.5x2.25x2, not the lame 1.5x1.25x2

DAT RETURN.  :thumb:

Do very many other 'boards use this size?
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #181 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 11:59:45 »
the focus fk2000 has some big ass return I seem to recall

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #182 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 13:51:33 »
the focus fk2000 has some big ass return I seem to recall

Yeah... butt -- why make this key if there's only going to be a very small number of people who can use it? On principle? Put it on a keychain that says, "I'm into it." or something? Don't get me wrong, I hope it does get made -- just not seeing how it makes financial sense.
More

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #183 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 17:06:19 »
two words: custom keyboards

apart from that I believe it would be an add-on, not really in the base kit.

Offline Cods

• Penumbra SA Mark II please?
« Reply #184 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 15:22:01 »
I'm very interested.

Based upon your updated questions:

MAIN INTEREST CHECK QUESTION:
Would you like a set of glossy White on Green (WoG) retro keycaps in SA profile? ----------- Yes.

POTENTIAL FALLBACK OPTION IF WE CANNOT GET 100% GLOSSY FINISH:
If and only if they cannot ALL be glossy, should we
(A) make them all semi-matte or ------------------------------------------------------------- Yes
(B) make as many of them as possible glossy?
Model M Industrial, SSK, Unicomp 104, Code TKL MX Green, FC660M MX Green + Clear + White + Grey, FC660C Topre 45g, MagicForce 68 USB and Bluetooth, Whitefox, some optical switch 65% Bluetooth split spacebar thing ... wait, I think I need an intervention. Too late, there’s a couple of new Model Fs on the way.
Too much SA is never enough.

Offline FingerPunch

• on the rocks
« Reply #185 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 18:00:14 »
Add me to the list of those interested.

I was fantasizing about a set like this before I saw any reference to it. I love the big bulging profile, and am extremely fond of those antique greens.

I want as many glossy as possible.

I will hand polish the rest;)

BTW, would love the possibility of alternate layout keys (colemak). But not at the cost of having every keycap have the same row profile.
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 June 2014, 21:14:56 by FingerPunch »

Offline julencin2000

• ISO Ñ
« Reply #186 on: Thu, 05 June 2014, 02:36:48 »
Interested very  :D

It would be awesome having ISO ES APPLE complements.

Like european modifiers from Granite GB. My beautiful Ñ key <3
Old but new

Offline Cods

• Penumbra SA Mark II please?
« Reply #187 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 06:32:36 »
(Attachment Link)
[update]
Color selection:
VV Dark Green Keycaps (SA Profile All Row 3)
WA Bright White Legends
OAS Orange for just a few special keycaps
[/update]

- Ron | samwisekoi

I would buy as a single set everything in that image!
(I seem incapable of posting it correctly, so I see it's below. Rightio then...)
« Last Edit: Sun, 08 June 2014, 06:34:29 by Cods »
Model M Industrial, SSK, Unicomp 104, Code TKL MX Green, FC660M MX Green + Clear + White + Grey, FC660C Topre 45g, MagicForce 68 USB and Bluetooth, Whitefox, some optical switch 65% Bluetooth split spacebar thing ... wait, I think I need an intervention. Too late, there’s a couple of new Model Fs on the way.
Too much SA is never enough.

Offline agodinhost

• Soylent green is people ...
    • Dr Ian O Xaman
« Reply #188 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 10:30:59 »
there is any chance to you provide some packs with blank keys?
it's for those using odd layouts like me.
1x, 1.25, 1.5, 2 and 2.5.
Building one square I2C keyboard with those 1200 switches (thanks JDCarpe)
GH60 |GH60-Alps |GH60-BT |GHPad/GHPad Alps |GH60-Case |Alps TKL |EL Wire |OS Controller, Round 2 |My Custom Keyboard |WTT/WTB

Offline brybell

• Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time
« Reply #189 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 20:13:43 »
im very interested, is this still available?
"Did you ever wonder if the person in the puddle is real, and you're just a reflection of him?"
~ Calvin and Hobbes

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #190 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 22:08:31 »
(Attachment Link)
[update]
Color selection:
VV Dark Green Keycaps (SA Profile All Row 3)
WA Bright White Legends
OAS Orange for just a few special keycaps
[/update]

- Ron | samwisekoi

I would buy as a single set everything in that image!
(I seem incapable of posting it correctly, so I see it's below. Rightio then...)

Sam, please let us know here what's happening with your Nuclear Data's?  Of course I will buy about 4 complete sets, because I said so before and will keep to my word no matter what.

Plus I love them like the C64 Commodore Set because all this retro stuff, is extremely good for the old timers  8) .

Offline dante

« Reply #191 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 09:07:37 »
interested if glossy

Online snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #192 on: Sun, 29 June 2014, 07:59:11 »
I'm also very interested and would love to see 1.5mods and maybe support for smallfry board?

I would prefer to have all the keys the same style.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #193 on: Sun, 29 June 2014, 11:00:11 »
This was paused to let the Midnight SA set go through.

(Also, I had to move my family across town by surprise, and that took eight weeks of total absorption.)

Anyhow, I have now begun gathering parts for a Nuclear Green gaming PC, so I will definitely need to get this set on the road for that!

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #194 on: Sun, 29 June 2014, 20:06:59 »
This was paused to let the Midnight SA set go through.

(Also, I had to move my family across town by surprise, and that took eight weeks of total absorption.)

Anyhow, I have now begun gathering parts for a Nuclear Green gaming PC, so I will definitely need to get this set on the road for that!

- Ron | samwisekoi

Hey take your time, get everything that's important to you personally fixed before embarking upon the Group Buy torture route.

I am hoping that all who professed their joy on selecting your key-set will act with putting down the money when your Group Buy starts but now we see a lot of bullsh1tters pretending to buy big but disappear when the time comes.

Just know this, I Elrick will buy 4 (Complete Sets) when you finally run this - you can count on that fact  :thumb: .

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #195 on: Sun, 29 June 2014, 21:04:40 »
I'm not sure about SA keycaps, but I have an urge to get this, find an old terminal, transplant a modern keyboard and small LCD into it.

Weird, huh?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #196 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 01:55:35 »
Few considerations, Sam.

- Midnight SA didn't start, we ran DCS first, I was planning to run SA later, but I'm more than happy to give Nuclear precedence

- I love your 1-kit-no-frills set, but people love options, and love to spend exactly for what they need (someone asked me for a poker kit for the Midnight set...). I would consider splitting the numpad and the tsangan. Also they will probably be asking for ergodox too and more spacebars.

- SP system made everyone able to run a GB and we've been flooded lately. Last year a well designed and organized GB could easily reach at least 100 tier, now it has become quite a challenge, so in your forecast I would start from 50.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #197 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 03:09:38 »
I'm not sure about SA keycaps, but I have an urge to get this, find an old terminal, transplant a modern keyboard and small LCD into it.

Weird, huh?

Rowdy, when it comes to OLD-style key-sets SA reins supreme out of all the profiles SP has in their possession  :thumb: .

If it doesn't have huge 'chunky' keys it aint old-style, simple as that.  Besides we've been inundated with DCS's everywhere and now they're sick of seeing anymore DCS profiles according to some Group Buys currently being run.

DSA has been done to death as well, let's see if any numbers could still reach enough to tip any order now.  But Sam stuck with the logical choice SA and that alone is worth anyone's interest in using REAL key's in their MX keyboards  8) .

Offline DelKey

« Reply #198 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 06:53:58 »
Count me as interested! I'd buy 2 complete sets. As far as the question about glossiness- all glossy is preferable, if not possible all keys with the same finish is my preference.

Offline teuf

« Reply #199 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 10:14:31 »
If not too expensive (for me that is ;) I'd be interested! All glossy, or all semi-matte, not a mix. And an Ergodox kit would be great!