Author Topic: Hi from Malaysia  (Read 1804 times)

Offline calmfries

• Formerly CalvinXC
  • Broke af
Hi from Malaysia
« on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 09:18:08 »
Hi geekhack! Recently getting a little more interest in mech kbs and I saw all those custom Korean kbs. Oh geez, anodized aluminum housing. Well, I'm not that crazy to jump on and getting one for myself but I do have this Razer BW ultimate (first gen) that it's LEDs are dying on me and the blue switches feels weird as some of them have inconsistent feel compared to the other. After testing out few mainstream MX switches, i felt that the brown suits me the most, the blue is just pain in the ass to type at night when I'm rushing on my assignments at night, most important it wakes up my mom, she is a light sleeper.  :(

Now that I study at college, I have less time to spend with my mech kb and have to deal with those laptop scissors kb  :'(. My sister will use the kb most and she told me my kb feels weird lately and more LEDs are dying. So, should I change out all the keys to brown? Then add sticker, change out to korean spring, lube it, and change out all the LEDs. I don't know where to get good 3mm LEDs with no ridge (I suppose the ridge will make the LED impossible to sit on the switch).  If fellow geekhackers can shine me some light on these, I'll be really happy.  ;)
B87 | TGR 910 CE

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
Re: Hi from Malaysia
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 20:00:42 »
Welcome to GH!

I love my blue switches =P
As for your LED problem, if you're going to replace the whole switches anyways i'd suggest looking into the SIP socket mod so you can quickly change out any led's that die in the future. Also look into 1.8mm LED's or 2x3x4 LED's rather than flange-less 3mm as they're better suited for thick caps and such.
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 10 January 2015, 22:09:01 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Rather than trying to repair your BWU by replacing all its inside and outside bits, you'd be better off to get a new keyboard.

A Ducky Shine, for example, if you want backlighting.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 17 January 2015, 22:29:19 »
Get yourself a B87, do some readings. There are plenty of sifus in Malaysia to help you with the assembly.  :thumb:
email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline calmfries

• Formerly CalvinXC
  • Broke af
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 08:00:22 »
First of all, really sorry for not replying for so so long, I totally don't know how to navigate properly in GH.  :-[  *epic fail

Welcome to GH!

I love my blue switches =P
As for your LED problem, if you're going to replace the whole switches anyways i'd suggest looking into the SIP socket mod so you can quickly change out any led's that die in the future. Also look into 1.8mm LED's or 2x3x4 LED's rather than flange-less 3mm as they're better suited for thick caps and such.

If needed I'll disassemble the BWU and change all the LEDs. Thanks for the tips.

Welcome to Geekhack!

Rather than trying to repair your BWU by replacing all its inside and outside bits, you'd be better off to get a new keyboard.

A Ducky Shine, for example, if you want backlighting.

I'm getting a B.87 already, most things will arrive very soon.  :)

Get yourself a B87, do some readings. There are plenty of sifus in Malaysia to help you with the assembly.  :thumb:

I'm getting a B.87. I think I found one of them already, but I'll assemble my own this time, ordered all the tools needed already.   ;)

B87 | TGR 910 CE

Offline lolpes

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 08:52:24 »
Welcome Calvin :)

Offline calmfries

• Formerly CalvinXC
  • Broke af
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 09:35:25 »

Thanks, I found a new home and new way to kill my wallet  :D
B87 | TGR 910 CE

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 26 April 2015, 02:13:51 »

Thanks, I found a new home and new way to kill my wallet  :D

Understatament :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ