Author Topic: hello!  (Read 915 times)

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
hello!
« on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 22:57:59 »
Hi! my name is Evan.  I got my first mechanical keyboard a couple years ago, a das ultimate with mx blues.  Fast forward.  I now have a roommate and the blues, though I love them, are simply too loud.  I purchased a custom V2 from WASD keyboard with mx browns and o-rings.  Then I got a poker 2 with clears.  then a kbp v60 with matias quite switches.  Then I found out that there is an entire community building custom keyboards.  I fell in love with the idea of the 40% and finally purchased a margos mod JD40.  I am addicted.

Offline Lain1911

• God of the Wired
Re: hello!
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 22:59:12 »
wow you move quickly with the force Daniel san. Welcome.

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 23:41:56 »
haha thanks.  I forgot to mention, I am a programmer with many hobbies.

and here are my boards

I gave the das keyboard to my little sister.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 14 February 2015, 22:21:50 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

I was going to ask if you kept all your boards, I guess you pretty much have :))

Have you got a favourite out of the ones you have tried so far?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ