Author Topic: Hej! From Sweden!  (Read 1188 times)

Offline The_Blue_French_Horn

Hej! From Sweden!
« on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 17:30:54 »
Hello!
I'm a new member here, but do love keyboards. I only have one mechanical so far (a CMstorm XT w/ MX Blues) but i will order the Pok3r ISO Nordic w/MX Clears on it's release.
Does anybody here have any experience in shifting to ANSI Nordic from ISO?
And this might be a stupid question but i feel like throwing it in here, where can i but 50 Cherry MX (or knock-offs) the cheapest? I'm thinking of building a custom board but i can't find any EU retailers for just buying switches.

I'm really excited to become a part of this community!

Offline Findecanor

Re: Hej! From Sweden!
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 17:38:52 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Member "7bit" in Germany is the guy to get authentic Cherry MX switches from. There is a Gateron group buy which people dropped off from, that you could get in on.
🍉

Offline The_Blue_French_Horn

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 17:57:06 »
Thanks Findecanor!
I shall send him a message!

Offline Khers

• Schrödinger's box
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 05:21:28 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 08:07:01 by Khers »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 06:13:22 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

I'd suggest 7bit too :)

I'm not sure about ANSI Nordic (in contradistinction to US ANSI), but ANSI is generally much, much easier to get custom keycap sets for than ISO.  If you plan on getting custom sets, that is ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 18:48:00 »
Hello and welcome to GH! I've never tried Nordic, but if you want some knock-off blues I would suggest this group buy which you may be able to still hop on some orders that backed out. You just need to PM Shadovved your situation.

If you need anything else feel free to hit me up! :thumb:

Offline plegnic

• Treble Booty. Bass Guitar.
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 19:08:21 »
Welcome! I'm not sure about Nordic, but I definitely am a big fan of ANSI for English. Good luck on the custom board!
Planck MIT layout [MX Clears] (in-progress) | QuickFire Storm TK [MX Brown] | Poker II [MX Blue]