Author Topic: Hi! Starcraft 2 player  (Read 3511 times)

Offline Dext

Hi! Starcraft 2 player
« on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 05:32:28 »
Hello everyone,
I come from France but that's not what matter, more importantly I'm a mechanical keyboard user (brown) and i start to be interesting in topre switches. I use a CM Storm Ultimate and i used a cyborg v7 before. I'm planning to buy a Leopold Keyboard (i don't know where i could buy one) and after that, some cool keycaps for it. I'm also a huge fan of starcraft 2 :)
See you soon!
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 April 2015, 05:44:50 by Dext »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Hi! Starcraft 2 player
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 03:29:40 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

If you're looking for a Leopold, be careful as many of them have non-standard space bars, and you will have trouble finding a replacement.  Also the FC660M, should you discover that, also has a non-standard layout and can be troublesome finding replacement sets that actually fit.

Also, Starcraft thread here ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Dext

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 03:54:27 »
I heard about their non standard space-bar (on this forum  :D) but i'm looking for the FC750r who apparently have a normal one. A ducky shine TKL or a KUL could be a good idea too but I want a Leopold, they look sooooooooo gooooooooood. With a rainbow keycap set... <3
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 April 2015, 03:55:59 by Dext »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 05:24:25 »
I heard about their non standard space-bar (on this forum  :D) but i'm looking for the FC750r who apparently have a normal one. A ducky shine TKL or a KUL could be a good idea too but I want a Leopold, they look sooooooooo gooooooooood. With a rainbow keycap set... <3

Rainbow keycap set will fit most keyboards - what draws you to the Leopold in particular?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Dext

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 05:48:54 »
The first time i heard about this keyboard is because most korean progamers use it but that he is totally unknown in europe or america where everyone is using Razer or a keyboard from a brand like razer. As korean were using it I started doing some reseach on it and i realize it was a very good keyboard with a hight building quality. The PBT is thick and it has a sound absorbing pad. I'm very surpised leopold didn't try to sell some of their keyboards worldwide, they could get a ton of money.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 05:54:10 »
The first time i heard about this keyboard is because most korean progamers use it but that he is totally unknown in europe or america where everyone is using Razer or a keyboard from a brand like razer. As korean were using it I started doing some reseach on it and i realize it was a very good keyboard with a hight building quality. The PBT is thick and it has a sound absorbing pad. I'm very surpised leopold didn't try to sell some of their keyboards worldwide, they could get a ton of money.

Fair enough :D

A few international sellers stock Leopolds - PCCG in Australia used to have some Leopolds, not any more though.

mechanicalkeyboards.com has a couple of Leopolds: http://www.mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?switch_id=ALL&size=ALL&keyword=leopold

But yes, they are not as widespread as some brands, maybe due to lack of western advertising.  Compare that to Razer - adverts everywhere!

Offline YMSNoms

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 05:57:59 »
Actually Most pro gamers these days tend to use whatever a sponsor tells them, I only know of about 5 players who attended the Code A Qualifiers used Leopolds.

Most people had either Tournament Edition Razer BW's or Cmstorm stuff there was a few QT35's as well but no one remembers those from the BW days.

If you are actually after a Leopold Speak to hendyzone, the 750's are quite scarce though and import tax to anywhere in Europe (I'm in the UK) is expensive.
Leopold FC700R
Filco Majestouch-2 Multicamo
Korean FR4-87 Lambo Orange Custom

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 05:58:51 »
Actually Most pro gamers these days tend to use whatever a sponsor tells them, I only know of about 5 players who attended the Code A Qualifiers used Leopolds.

Most people had either Tournament Edition Razer BW's or Cmstorm stuff there was a few QT35's as well but no one remembers those from the BW days.

If you are actually after a Leopold Speak to hendyzone, the 750's are quite scarce though and import tax to anywhere in Europe (I'm in the UK) is expensive.

Gotta wonder what those gamers use when they practice in private ;)

Offline YMSNoms

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 06:00:39 »

Gotta wonder what those gamers use when they practice in private ;)

They tend to stay and practice in team houses which are set up with Sponsor gear, very few non pro players would be willing to throw 150,000-200,000 won at a keyboard.
Leopold FC700R

Offline Dext

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 06:07:59 »

Actually, Maru is using a leopold, Innovation too. I know marineking is also using one. They're all on diffrents team who don't have a particular sponsor for their keyboards. They are using leopold because they like it, that's definitely what i think. It doesn't look like if they were under contract or something like this.

Offline Dext

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 06:16:08 »

A few international sellers stock Leopolds - PCCG in Australia used to have some Leopolds, not any more though.

mechanicalkeyboards.com has a couple of Leopolds: http://www.mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?switch_id=ALL&size=ALL&keyword=leopold

But yes, they are not as widespread as some brands, maybe due to lack of western advertising.  Compare that to Razer - adverts everywhere!

Sadly, they don't have the 750r model :( It's so hard to found them.

Yeah, i saw he has the model i wanted, i'm probably gonna it buy from him. The white one with brown switches... Or maybe blue, i think i should try them... But i love my brown switches so much
Widebasket is also selling them on ebay
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 April 2015, 06:19:18 by Dext »

Offline YMSNoms

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 06:28:04 »

Actually, Maru is using a leopold, Innovation too. I know marineking is also using one. They're all on diffrents team who don't have a particular sponsor for their keyboards. They are using leopold because they like it, that's definitely what i think. It doesn't look like if they were under contract or something like this.

Both maru and Innovation use filco keyboards, A couple of years back a lot of the pros used leopolds but they are horribly expensive by comparison.
http://imgur.com/a/ixDhR

This is a good reference but they are mostly out of date.
Last time I saw Innovation play live was at DH:O and he had a White and blue Filco with an Axiom escape key.
The keyboard Maru was using last week is 750R, Having spoken to him though his normal use board is an LZ.

Marine King has multiple keyboards his favourite according to him is a Qsenn Dt-35with Black and white caps.
He owns 2 Leopolds from memory one of which is white with red switches and the other is a ninja white with Browns. He also has a Filco and a ducky but we rarely see them.

Leopold FC700R

Offline Dext

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 06:49:11 »
Both maru and Innovation use filco keyboards, A couple of years back a lot of the pros used leopolds but they are horribly expensive by comparison.
http://imgur.com/a/ixDhR

This is a good reference but they are mostly out of date.
Last time I saw Innovation play live was at DH:O and he had a White and blue Filco with an Axiom escape key.
The keyboard Maru was using last week is 750R, Having spoken to him though his normal use board is an LZ.

Marine King has multiple keyboards his favourite according to him is a Qsenn Dt-35with Black and white caps.
He owns 2 Leopolds from memory one of which is white with red switches and the other is a ninja white with Browns. He also has a Filco and a ducky but we rarely see them.

Innovation played with a filco but i see him play with a leopold with red switches for few months now and maru too. (maru is playing right now, he is using his leopold)  Marineking use a leopold for three weeks i would say, never see him play with it before except for his last games in proleague or GSL.
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 April 2015, 06:51:51 by Dext »

Offline YMSNoms

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 07:07:21 »
The one maru is using right now has stepped keys positions a lot like the old ducky's and the red filco, which is not a feature on either the to 700 or the 750 so unless its a 200 or its custom I can't see any way it is a leopold. I've got some pros on skype I will have to ask I guess.

Looks like stock caps. Rounded edges leaning towards a Ducky neither my 750 or my 700 have corners like that they are for more square but Like I said I will ask.
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 April 2015, 07:10:39 by YMSNoms »
Leopold FC700R

Offline Dext

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 07:09:52 »
Stepped key positions? Hm i didn't noticed that
You have some pros on skype :o which ones?

Offline YMSNoms

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 07:18:57 »
I am not a 100% sure they would want me to say.
I have some casters like the Taiwan league English caster and some of the Gfinity and DH community casters.
I have a couple of Skt1 players specifically Dark who I met on the KTX when I was in Seoul
I have Hyun because I mod his chat when he streams
I have a couple of eu and na pros
I have a couple of lesser known Koreans and MISO.
By Coincidence I am going to be sponsoring Miso with a new keyboard and he wants a 750R
Leopold FC700R

Offline Dext

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 07:27:10 »
I have some casters like the Taiwan league English caster and some of the Gfinity and DH community casters.
I have a couple of Skt1 players specifically Dark who I met on the KTX when I was in Seoul
By Coincidence I am going to be sponsoring Miso with a new keyboard and he wants a 750R

:o impressive
Are you still a player or a you just following the scene? You will sponsor him as a personal sponsor or are you gonna start a team with players like him?

Offline YMSNoms

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 07:30:03 »

:o impressive
Are you still a player or a you just following the scene? You will sponsor him as a personal sponsor or are you gonna start a team with players like him?

I still play just not very often, the Beta is quite cool but it's sort of meh.

I have sponsored all sorts of things: the UKProSeries tournaments were me and a caster called Pughy who is a very good friend of mine.
I've always wanted to give away some keyboards and I was asked if I would give a keyboard to a academy player a couple of years back and did so  I've decided to bring that back this year.
Leopold FC700R

Offline Dext

« Reply #18 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 07:35:05 »
It's always good to have people supporting the scene, thanks for your support :)
I'm a Punchline academy player and a Millenium newser (for the tarcraft 2 section of course)

Offline YMSNoms

« Reply #19 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 07:36:39 »
I thought I recognised the name, AFKcakes team right?
Leopold FC700R

Offline Dext

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 07:38:42 »
Ahahahaha, True, this one

Offline YMSNoms

« Reply #21 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 07:40:16 »
Is there still like 900000 players on the team called Clément
Leopold FC700R

Offline Dext

« Reply #22 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 07:41:10 »
Ahahaha, yes, i'm one of them xD

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 05:50:00 »

Sadly, they don't have the 750r model :( It's so hard to found them.

You could ask qtan if he has any, he has a few Leopolds in his store, and is often open to ordering one on your behalf if you ask nicely :)