Author Topic: Hello GeekHack  (Read 1194 times)

Offline chrisfromaz

Hello GeekHack
« on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 00:33:18 »
Hi community,

My name is Chris. I'm a native of Arizona born and raised valley of the sun. I currently own a small local glass company, and hope to thrive more successful as time passes. Myself Like most on this section are new to the keyboard hobby. I can say with confidence I'm quite fond of my keyboard. Let me rephrase.. I absolutely love my keyboard. My first was a CM Storm quickfire TK with cherry blue switches. After the clickity clack actuation of the blue's I was hooked. I knew the tactile response was for me. My second which I recently got is a Ducky shine 4 69 limited fire edition. Sooooo sexy this board is. Everytime I touch it, it's pure Hmmmmm.... lol!! You guys get the point.

Any hoo thank you for having me, and I look forward to running rampant with all you keyboard freaks. I'm not sure yet as to how obtainable some of these rare sexy keys are but I'm sure I will be pointed in the right direction. : )

Offline Hellcatz

Re: Hello GeekHack
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 01:34:26 »
Welcome to hell... Not for you but for your wallet. Every surrounding you will think your crazy for blowing $$$$$$$ on multiple keyboards and keyboards accessories. That being said welcome to geekhack.
PS you should totally try to make glass keycaps!!!!!

Offline chrisfromaz

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 08 May 2015, 18:00:41 »
I wish I could find stuff to buy.. : (
I would love a clack factory og tri colored skull but none are for sale.

Ohhh.. and I'm already thinking of my own fabrication of keycap ideas.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 12 May 2015, 05:49:26 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Keycap available depends very much on which keycaps you want.

You mentioned an OG Tri Clack - very difficult to get hold of.  Pretty much all are in the hands of collectors, and the few that come up for sale are generally on eBay with stupidly high prices.

Still, it's a worthy goal to set yourself - accept that they are very difficult to find, participate in the community, and keep an eye out for rumours of any up for sale.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 12 May 2015, 07:55:55 »
Welcome to GH!

Do you have any photos of your glasswork? I'm interested to see them. :)

As others have mentioned be careful this place is indeed the wallethack.

If you have any questions feel free to message us. We're glad to have you here. :thumb:

Offline gladnessgurl

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 12 May 2015, 13:00:50 »
Hi chrisfromaz,I'm new here,too-even forgot my un for the moment! I also like unique keyboards and glass maybe we could help each other navigate?

Offline gladnessgurl

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 12 May 2015, 13:02:06 »
Hi chrisfromaz,I'm new here,too-even forgot my un for the moment! I also like unique keyboards and glass maybe we could help each other navigate?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 12 May 2015, 13:03:48 »
Oh, Badwrench is a big glass art fan.  I knJef he'd love to see some.