Author Topic: New guy post number....over 9000  (Read 995 times)

Offline Jalucian

New guy post number....over 9000
« on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 13:37:50 »

Just introducing myself for the first time. I've been signed up on here for several months but I am just now at a point where I can spend a bit more time here, so I thought now was as good a time as any to say hello to the group. I absolutely love it here. Without getting into any sappy details, I had a tragedy in my life about a year and a half ago and I decided my new hobby would be....take a guess. Even though I haven't been collecting for that long, I already have a pretty impressive collection (if I do say so myself) and look forward to expanding it and having a good time making new friends here. My first purchase here was the Red Carbon LZ-S and it is still one of my favorite boards.

I am a huge Ducky fan, but also have a taste for the more exotic custom boards. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of two Gon's that I ordered back in the beginning of the year. I also have a small collection of Topre's. If anyone who reads this has one of the rare, low production run Ducky's they would consider selling, I am willing to pay good money if its one I do not already have (the 78 Edition or Year of the Snake, just as examples.) I know this isn't a classified thread so I won't get more specific than that. I'm also interested in Topre keycap sets as well as Topre individual (ESC, etc.)

Nice to be here and look forward to meeting more of you!

Offline Axollott

Re: New guy post number....over 9000
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 14:08:00 »
 :thumb:

Welcome to the community!

Offline Mikey Mo

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 09 May 2015, 20:32:39 »
 :-*

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 12 May 2015, 06:06:19 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Sounds like you have the start of a most excellent collection!

Topre keycap sets are, unfortunately, very thin on the ground these days.  widebasket still has a few sets on eBay, and Elite Keyboards may or may not have a few left in stock.

Also please feel free to post pictures of your keyboards in the respective threads in the media section - we like nice pictures :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 12 May 2015, 07:15:11 »
Welcome to GH!

You should take pics of all your boards. I'm curious at least. :))

We're glad to have you here and if you have any questions please free to get in touch with any one of us.

Keep a look out on the classifieds sections if you're looking for one of those rare Duckys. :thumb: