Author Topic: Jeri Ellsworth & Flaming C64 (@ :40)  (Read 2126 times)

Offline msiegel

Jeri Ellsworth & Flaming C64 (@ :40)
« on: Sun, 03 January 2010, 01:15:31 »
She's the engineer behind the C64 "computer in a joystick"!
This is what would happen if we let ripster have a video camera :lol:

I think we missed the Finland thing...

Filco Zero (Fukka) AEKII sliders and keycaps * Filco Tenkeyless MX brown * IBM F/AT parts: modding
Model F Mod Log * Open Source Generic keyboard controller

Offline bhtooefr

• this switch can tick sound of music
    • bhtooefr.org
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 31 January 2010, 21:36:24 »
I don't think there's any videos of the talk itself online, unfortunately, but that was a promo for a demo party that she spoke at.

Anyway, yes, that was me that won that. Of course, I don't own a single machine with PCIe (well, I do, but I can't exactly put a desktop GPU in a laptop. :wink:) So, I gave it to someone who didn't get there until after judging was finished, who had given me a 2 meter handheld transceiver (read: 144 - 148 MHz amateur radio.)

The video is most definitely not online, no matter whether Jeri says she's edited and uploaded it - I've looked on her YouTube, the show YouTube, and her Vimeo. Not on any of them. :wink:

But, my hack was "installing" OS X Leopard on an Apple IIGS. It's amazing what you can do after a couple hours with GIMP, SuperConvert (a IIGS program for converting graphics to be viewed on the IIGS,) and HyperCard GS. :smile:

Oh, and hitting on her will cause zappage by me (or one of the other ops in her IRC channel,) not George. I'm the main admin in her IRC channel (she's the other admin.) :tongue:

Offline bhtooefr

• this switch can tick sound of music
    • bhtooefr.org
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 04 April 2010, 11:31:48 »
And here's her latest fire video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfRpTh5khMo

Mmm, thermited peeps.