Author Topic: [Preorder] TX1800v2 [Finished]  (Read 244096 times)

Offline shadowrealmwarez

Re: [Preorder] TX1800v2
« Reply #850 on: Tue, 06 February 2018, 14:09:13 »
In case you missed it, you can now order plate/pcb/metal gaskets (very very limited) for TX1800 v2 directly from kin on the website.

I have also posted a new shipping option Air Parcel for small/light items. It is cheaper but much slower. It took around 6 business days to go from Korea to Vietnam last time I checked.

Regarding bags, kin said he would try to send me a bunch to stock up for customers and he will sell them separately as well but please beware that the shipping cost is pretty ridiculous.

Last but not least, Lunar New Year is coming up so expect delays in both handling time and shipping time for international orders. For US orders, I will still ship within 1-3 business days.

Will any more TX 1800v2's be posted for sale by chance?

To be honest, when will that happen is entirely up to Kin. He seems to be busy w other stuff *cough*tx60/65*cough* recently and LNY is coming up as well. However, 100% there will be an extra sale. He will not just leave them there collecting dust forever.

I look forward to seeing an email or GH post :) thanks for all your hardware you and Kin do.

Offline popkorn62

• No keyboards for old men
    • Mekibo
« Reply #851 on: Tue, 06 February 2018, 14:12:44 »
In case you missed it, you can now order plate/pcb/metal gaskets (very very limited) for TX1800 v2 directly from kin on the website.

I have also posted a new shipping option Air Parcel for small/light items. It is cheaper but much slower. It took around 6 business days to go from Korea to Vietnam last time I checked.

Regarding bags, kin said he would try to send me a bunch to stock up for customers and he will sell them separately as well but please beware that the shipping cost is pretty ridiculous.

Last but not least, Lunar New Year is coming up so expect delays in both handling time and shipping time for international orders. For US orders, I will still ship within 1-3 business days.

Will any more TX 1800v2's be posted for sale by chance?

To be honest, when will that happen is entirely up to Kin. He seems to be busy w other stuff *cough*tx60/65*cough* recently and LNY is coming up as well. However, 100% there will be an extra sale. He will not just leave them there collecting dust forever.

I look forward to seeing an email or GH post :) thanks for all your hardware you and Kin do.

You are very welcome. However, it really is just Kin :). Also, don't worry there will be an email coming out to alert buyers :).
==============
https://mekibo.com/

Offline popkorn62

• Mekibo
« Reply #852 on: Thu, 08 February 2018, 14:35:53 »
Hi guys,

Since a buyer unfortunately made a purchase of the 1800 plate on our website expecting it to fit into the G80 case, I want to make it clear that the TX1800 plate WILL NOT FIT into the G80 case. However, we DO SELL the plates that fit. It is exactly the same price as the TX1800 plate, you just need to specify it in the comment box at check out when you order the 1800 plate of your choice.
==============

Offline wodan

« Reply #853 on: Fri, 09 February 2018, 06:33:10 »
Me building a TX1800v2 for your viewing pleasure!

Offline popkorn62

• Mekibo
« Reply #854 on: Sat, 10 February 2018, 03:36:39 »
Me building a TX1800v2 for your viewing pleasure!

I wish I could type on nixies once. On a brass plate of TX1800 v2 no less :’(

======••••======
http://txkeyboards.com/

Please click LOG IN to register. Bottom page is for newsletter only.

Please do not PM me about your order. Submit a ticket with your invoice number. Thank you.
==============

Offline DillonHightower

• Formerly DillonHighsmith
« Reply #855 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 21:01:05 »
Finished up with mine , Could not be happier (other than rgb led having issues on bottom of board)

Offline popkorn62

• Mekibo
« Reply #856 on: Fri, 16 February 2018, 12:25:10 »
Finished up with mine , Could not be happier (other than rgb led having issues on bottom of board)

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I love it! Also is that JTK Toxic or the original one??

======••••======

Please do not PM me about your order. Submit a ticket with your invoice number. Thank you.
==============

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #857 on: Fri, 16 February 2018, 12:39:26 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I love it! Also is that JTK Toxic or the original one??

======••••======

JTK

Offline unmuscular_michael

« Reply #858 on: Wed, 21 February 2018, 21:48:59 »
Ok, so a few questions if anyone has answers.

1. What are the dimensions of the screws that connect the two halves? I want to order some black oxide ones and my screw/nut measurement tool doesn't have sizes this small. Looking for M3/M4 with TPI and the length if possible.

2. Has anyone figured out a way to trigger shortcuts like Win+E, Win+R without having a Win key, aside from recording macros? I went with a WKL layout for the appearance, but I discovered that these shortcuts don't seem to work like I'd expect. I have Fn+Ctrl as the Windows key, but pressing Fn+Ctrl+E does not equate to Win+E, it just opens the start menu as if the E was never pressed. This isn't too big a deal since I mapped macros (Fn+E, for instance) for the shortcuts I use. Would like to see if anyone has solved this though.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #859 on: Thu, 22 February 2018, 07:41:00 »

1. What are the dimensions of the screws that connect the two halves? I want to order some black oxide ones and my screw/nut measurement tool doesn't have sizes this small. Looking for M3/M4 with TPI and the length if possible.

2. Has anyone figured out a way to trigger shortcuts like Win+E, Win+R without having a Win key, aside from recording macros? I went with a WKL layout for the appearance, but I discovered that these shortcuts don't seem to work like I'd expect. I have Fn+Ctrl as the Windows key, but pressing Fn+Ctrl+E does not equate to Win+E, it just opens the start menu as if the E was never pressed. This isn't too big a deal since I mapped macros (Fn+E, for instance) for the shortcuts I use. Would like to see if anyone has solved this though.

I use right alt as a Windows key on my wkl boards.  Can’t do one handed win+E but I needed it for win+arrow for window management.   Couldn’t give that one up

« Last Edit: Thu, 22 February 2018, 07:45:10 by reececonrad »

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #860 on: Thu, 22 February 2018, 09:59:55 »

I routinely use WKL layouts and usually have Winkey mapped to capslock
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #861 on: Thu, 22 February 2018, 11:13:21 »

my bet is M3

just map winkey somewhere else (i map mine to right alt or pause)
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

« Reply #862 on: Thu, 22 February 2018, 11:16:21 »
I use right alt as a Windows key on my wkl boards.  Can’t do one handed win+E but I needed it for win+arrow for window management.   Couldn’t give that one up

I was using this for a while but I didn't like it there either. I actually do use the right alt key. Right now I have Fn on CapsLock and have put Macros on those keys to retain the functionality.

I routinely use WKL layouts and usually have Winkey mapped to capslock

I was going to do this, but I fat-finger that key a LOT while gaming. I have Fn there now.

« Reply #863 on: Thu, 22 February 2018, 11:19:37 »

I have a solution that works now, but would prefer to not have to use macros for it. I'd like to get it working the right way without using another key like that.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #864 on: Thu, 22 February 2018, 15:16:11 »

I have a solution that works now, but would prefer to not have to use macros for it. I'd like to get it working the right way without using another key like that.

you can do it in the keymapping software, jigon, it's pretty easy, i can make you a video if you'd like
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

« Reply #865 on: Thu, 22 February 2018, 17:50:22 »

you can do it in the keymapping software, jigon, it's pretty easy, i can make you a video if you'd like

I have used Jigon, but using Fn+Ctrl as LGui and then pressing E or R or any other combo doesn't work the right way for me. I'd be interested to see how you got it working.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #866 on: Thu, 22 February 2018, 22:02:55 »

I have used Jigon, but using Fn+Ctrl as LGui and then pressing E or R or any other combo doesn't work the right way for me. I'd be interested to see how you got it working.

it's kinda weird, you have to do it backwards

so for win+l, you have to hit L, then FN, then winkey

that's how i got it working for bootmapper, i might fiddle with jigon later to see if it's the same

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #867 on: Thu, 22 February 2018, 23:03:58 »
Did all of the extras sell out already?
Keyboard Collection:

More

TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | TGR Dolice | TGR 910 | TGR x Singa UNIKORN 60 | Matrix 8XV 2.0 Korea Version | Matrix 8XV 2.0add | LZ CLS s h x | Duck Jetfire | TX-CP | QXP | Noxary X65 | RAMA M60-A | Model F62 "Kishsaver"

« Reply #868 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 11:06:33 »

that's how i got it working for bootmapper, i might fiddle with jigon later to see if it's the same

Didn't work for me with Jigon. I actually can't recall what exactly I did with Bootmapper client on one of my previous builds, but I don't think I had this issue with it. Thanks for the tip, in any case.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #869 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 13:25:43 »

Didn't work for me with Jigon. I actually can't recall what exactly I did with Bootmapper client on one of my previous builds, but I don't think I had this issue with it. Thanks for the tip, in any case.

i think i have some spare time to **** around with it this weekend, i'll let you know

« Reply #870 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 14:04:14 »
i think i have some spare time to **** around with it this weekend, i'll let you know

It's no big deal, but if you did find a way I'd be interested. FYI, you were right about them being M3 screws and I found some replacements. Thanks for your help.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #871 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 14:44:56 »

It's no big deal, but if you did find a way I'd be interested. FYI, you were right about them being M3 screws and I found some replacements. Thanks for your help.

no worries

Offline Uleoja

« Reply #872 on: Sun, 25 February 2018, 14:05:37 »
Kin,

If you could be so kind would you be able to supply us with a parts list for the all the different screws used the in the TX1800?  I am looking for length, width and thread type.  I would like to order some (gold) as replacements/spare.

Thanks!         

« Reply #873 on: Mon, 26 February 2018, 23:50:09 »
Kin,

If you could be so kind would you be able to supply us with a parts list for the all the different screws used the in the TX1800?  I am looking for length, width and thread type.  I would like to order some (gold) as replacements/spare.

Thanks!       

I just did the same, so I can help a bit. The 10 screws that hold the bottom on are M3 x 0.5mm thread, 10mm long. The 6 screws that hold the plate on are M3 x 0.5mm, 6mm long. I ordered McMaster-Carr part numbers 91294A130 and 91294A126 (Both Black Oxide alloy steel). McMaster also lists a "Fine Thread" version, but you don't want those.

I don't know what the ones that hold the plate on are, unfortunately. Judging by your request I'd think you're not worried about the aesthetics of internal screws though.

Offline Uleoja

« Reply #874 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 07:47:49 »
Kin,

Thanks!       

I just did the same, so I can help a bit. The 10 screws that hold the bottom on are M3 x 0.5mm thread, 10mm long. The 6 screws that hold the plate on are M3 x 0.5mm, 6mm long. I ordered McMaster-Carr part numbers 91294A130 and 91294A126 (Both Black Oxide alloy steel). McMaster also lists a "Fine Thread" version, but you don't want those.

I don't know what the ones that hold the plate on are, unfortunately. Judging by your request I'd think you're not worried about the aesthetics of internal screws though.

Thank you sir!  If I find the plate screws I'll pm you.  Did you get the screws yet?  How's the quality from McMaster?  Are they magnetic?  Thank you very much again.

« Reply #875 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 11:30:42 »
Thank you sir!  If I find the plate screws I'll pm you.  Did you get the screws yet?  How's the quality from McMaster?  Are they magnetic?  Thank you very much again.

I got them yesterday actually. I haven't had an issue with McMaster at all, but these are small-ish screws and I have heavy hands, so I got the black oxide for the higher tensile strength, though I don't suspect it'd be an issue really. These ones are magnetic, but it depends on material of course.

Offline DillonHightower

« Reply #876 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 14:24:00 »
Anyone have any idea what rgb smd are being used on this PCB?  I am going to try and replace a few before I give in and just get a new PCB. But nit sure which ones I should be looking at.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #877 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 14:26:02 »
Anyone have any idea what rgb smd are being used on this PCB?  I am going to try and replace a few before I give in and just get a new PCB. But nit sure which ones I should be looking at.

Ws2812B

Offline DillonHightower

« Reply #878 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 14:40:18 »

Ws2812B

So it’s pretty much a basic 5050 huh?

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
« Reply #879 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 14:42:57 »

Ws2812B

I ordered these.

http://www.tinyosshop.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=915

Offline DillonHightower

« Reply #880 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 15:17:30 »

Ws2812B

I ordered these.

Did you have issues with some going out ?  And did putting new ones on work out ? I’m wondering if resistors are having issues as well

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
« Reply #881 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 15:23:09 »

Ws2812B

I ordered these.

Did you have issues with some going out ?  And did putting new ones on work out ? I’m wondering if resistors are having issues as well

Very much yes- many LED issues on Duck PCBs. Haven’t had trouble with Leeku PCBs in my TX boards... but those lights are pretty fragile. Unlikely a resistor, I’d say... they are usually robust, but of course anything is possible.

What’s happened in yours? In my Duck boards, one would fail and then all downstream from that were out. Feel free to PM me as well if you’d like. :)

Offline DillonHightower

« Reply #882 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 15:43:41 »

Ws2812B

I ordered these.

Very much yes- many LED issues on Duck PCBs. Haven’t had trouble with Leeku PCBs in my TX boards... but those lights are pretty fragile. Unlikely a resistor, I’d say... they are usually robust, but of course anything is possible.

What’s happened in yours? In my Duck boards, one would fail and then all downstream from that were out. Feel free to PM me as well if you’d like. :)

you are awesome man, pm

Offline DillonHightower

« Reply #883 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 16:59:45 »

Ws2812B

I ordered these.

I messaged you . What is throwing me off about the ones you linked , is that they have 3 solder points, where the ones on my pcb only have 2 solder points on each side . Is that going to make a difference ?

Offline DillonHightower

« Reply #884 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 17:01:33 »

« Reply #885 on: Sun, 04 March 2018, 10:30:10 »
They look like thees

https://www.adafruit.com/product/1655

Those are correct. I had one out on my board and replaced it with this. The datasheet refers to it as an SK6812.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #886 on: Sun, 04 March 2018, 18:07:13 »
1) NeoPixel 5050 is WS2812B. They are one in the same, it's common for Adafruit to assign their own names to common things available in the market.
2) The 5050 nee WS2812B has 4 solder points. 2 would be a single-color dumb LED and 3 would be a bi-color dumb LED. You need 4 minimum, for either a dumb or smart RGB LED.
3) These have so many issues because they are damaged by the temps that boards are commonly wave soldered at. I've never had one die that was on a strip, or one that I hand soldered from new.

I'm not trying to point fingers, and I'm not going to name names, but there are a few people here who are infamous for RGB LED issues. In my humble opinion, they bake their boards too hot.

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #887 on: Sun, 04 March 2018, 19:13:19 »
they bake their boards too hot.

Do you just mean too much heat when soldering switches? Would that cause LED issues/other issues?

I have never had any issues with a board (knock on wood), and for the most part think I practice pretty decent soldering technique, but I am always concerned that I am going to put too much heat into a PCB while I am soldering and damage something.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #888 on: Sun, 04 March 2018, 19:36:38 »
they bake their boards too hot.

Do you just mean too much heat when soldering switches? Would that cause LED issues/other issues?

I have never had any issues with a board (knock on wood), and for the most part think I practice pretty decent soldering technique, but I am always concerned that I am going to put too much heat into a PCB while I am soldering and damage something.

No, wave soldering is what they do in an assembly house when they do the whole board at once, especially SMD components. They place the components with solder paste then bake the board to melt the solder and form the joint.

WS2812Bs need a lower temp than most other components. You're unlikely to damage them hand soldering if you're using a good temp controlled iron.

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #889 on: Sun, 04 March 2018, 19:40:12 »
No, wave soldering is what they do in an assembly house when they do the whole board at once, especially SMD components. They place the components with solder paste then bake the board to melt the solder and form the joint.

WS2812Bs need a lower temp than most other components. You're unlikely to damage them hand soldering if you're using a good temp controlled iron.

Ah, that makes sense, thanks!

Offline Miotch92

« Reply #890 on: Sun, 04 March 2018, 23:06:55 »
Any idea when the extra b stocks go up on the site? Really looking to get one.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Offline Artist

• A Fine Architect to be!
« Reply #891 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 23:56:45 »

I'm having the same question. I'd really like to get a hand on one :) !!

« Reply #892 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 01:30:32 »
I'm not trying to point fingers, and I'm not going to name names, but there are a few people here who are infamous for RGB LED issues. In my humble opinion, they bake their boards too hot.

So I don't know if the LED on my board was bad before I put it in the case TBH. I wasn't running the acrylic gasket until recently and realized that I had one LED in the corner that wasn't shining blue - could have been a bad one before they even received it at assembly, and could have been bad after the assembly, or it could have shorted in my case. They're cheap enough that I don't really mind one being bad, and one good thing is that I now have 9 more spares.

Offline DillonHightower

« Reply #893 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 04:34:14 »

So I don't know if the LED on my board was bad before I put it in the case TBH. I wasn't running the acrylic gasket until recently and realized that I had one LED in the corner that wasn't shining blue - could have been a bad one before they even received it at assembly, and could have been bad after the assembly, or it could have shorted in my case. They're cheap enough that I don't really mind one being bad, and one good thing is that I now have 9 more spares.

Acrylic diffuser is actually thinner than the metal and switches can Easley bottom out if pressed hard enough causing a shortage and LED to burn out. I recommend clipping all extra legs to flush

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #894 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 13:07:13 »

I'm having the same question. I'd really like to get a hand on one :) !!

Send Kin a Telegram message. He is usually very quick to respond.
Keyboard Collection:

More

TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | TGR Dolice | TGR 910 | TGR x Singa UNIKORN 60 | Matrix 8XV 2.0 Korea Version | Matrix 8XV 2.0add | LZ CLS s h x | Duck Jetfire | TX-CP | QXP | Noxary X65 | RAMA M60-A | Model F62 "Kishsaver"

« Reply #895 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 17:10:49 »
Acrylic diffuser is actually thinner than the metal and switches can Easley bottom out if pressed hard enough causing a shortage and LED to burn out. I recommend clipping all extra legs to flush

I have a dynamat clone in the bottom of mine covered in Kapton, but there was a small portion that was not covered. I don't think it'd be possible to short the downward-facing 5050 LED in this case though.
« Last Edit: Wed, 07 March 2018, 17:15:34 by unmuscular_michael »

Offline Uleoja

« Reply #896 on: Fri, 09 March 2018, 16:15:12 »
A few shots from my Silver 1800 r2 build.  Does anybody know how many silvers had been produced in r2?  Any questions please let me know.

GMK 9009
Lubed Zeal Screw Stabs
Zealio 78g

« Last Edit: Fri, 09 March 2018, 17:14:38 by Uleoja »

Offline popkorn62

• Mekibo
« Reply #897 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 14:30:24 »
A few shots from my Silver 1800 r2 build.  Does anybody know how many silvers had been produced in r2?  Any questions please let me know.

GMK 9009
Lubed Zeal Screw Stabs
Zealio 78g

I don't know how many got produced but I only saw the total of 4 orders for silver on both rounds + only 1 extra B-stock ;D
People mostly ordered Black/Titan Grey.
==============

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #898 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 14:40:47 »

here's mine. the finish is a pristine, satin-like finish. built it with kailh box switches; black linear alphas, burnt orange tactile mods, and navy clicky lock and esc keys
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 March 2018, 14:42:27 by roostrc0gburn »

Offline popkorn62

• Mekibo
« Reply #899 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 14:52:42 »
Show Image

here's mine. the finish is a pristine, satin-like finish. built it with kailh box switches; black linear alphas, burnt orange tactile mods, and navy clicky lock and esc keys

I love it! SA seems to add too much "weight" on the board and makes it look too fat. I think GMK is just perfect for TX1800  :thumb:

I wish I ordered a Silver too
==============