Author Topic: [IC] GMK 9009  (Read 107384 times)

Offline avid

Re: [IC] GMK 9009
« Reply #200 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 10:23:24 »
It's better to sell colored spacebars as a separate kit, since i know many will want more than one set.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #201 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 10:35:27 »
Separately accent kits would be better cost wise.

Offline avid

« Reply #202 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 10:36:44 »
Is this something that will drop in early september or are we locking at the end of the month?

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #203 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 11:08:24 »
Ok so there have been 180 people who have filled in the form and I still don't know what to do :P

Results for the caps lock are 21.7% don't care, 36.7% arrow style and 41.7% Purse. This is really isn't a big win for one part since it's only a 5% difference.

Icon mods are pretty much a 50/50 yes/no. As much as I want it I think it will have to be dropped.

32% of people answered they wouldn't get the set anymore if it was more expensive, meaning that adding even more keys to the base kit isn't really an option since it will already be quite costly thanks to all the accent keys.

As for special requests, it's pretty much a 50/50 of people screaming for either Super mods or Windows mods  :confused:

Super mods just make more sense to me since the set is based on the G80-9009 which was made before Windows 10 (or even Windows 98 since GMK also has an option for that) was even a thing. Also, they just seem more neutral to me since both PC, Mac and Linux users can use them.

Something that will be a separate kit for sure is windowed keys. What I'm thinking right now is to either keep the base kit as is (would be easiest since there already is a quote in for it) and add a small kit with Windows keys, purse caps locks and some LED keys. This could also be done the other way around with Windows keys and the purse caps lock in the base kit and the 2 other options as an add on.

What do you guys think of that? I'm just trying to find a balance between the cheapest base kit possible and still having the most people happy. Never thought that mod icons would be such a big issue  :confused: :confused: :confused:

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #204 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 11:10:58 »
Separately accent kits would be better cost wise.

Would make for a lower cost of entry, yes, but I think that 90% of the people would at least want enter and escape accents and that separating the kits would only make for more complication. I really want to take as little risks as possible here :(

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #205 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 11:11:33 »
It's better to sell colored spacebars as a separate kit, since i know many will want more than one set.

Yes, they will be sold in a separate kit!

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #206 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 11:12:07 »
Run the original GMK 9009 set, but change the 1.5u backspace :-*

Offline avid

« Reply #207 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 11:15:49 »
Dude, the set you posted renders of on first page is perfect. Just run with that  :)

Offline ullr

« Reply #208 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 11:39:10 »
Icon mods are pretty much a 50/50 yes/no. As much as I want it I think it will have to be dropped.

Does this refer to dropping the Yuri icon mods kit or icon mods in general?

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #209 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 11:41:06 »

Does this refer to dropping the Yuri icon mods kit or icon mods in general?
Yuri icon mods

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #210 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 11:43:03 »
Keep the super mods and the 9009 accent keys in the base set and put the colored space bars and led keys in kits.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #211 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 11:43:20 »
Text + Icons is already covered by classic retro no? (https://originative.co/products/classic-retro)

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #212 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 11:43:27 »
Dude, the set you posted renders of on first page is perfect. Just run with that  :)

Haha yeah, I would love to but people seem to disagree :/

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #213 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 11:44:35 »
Text + Icons is already covered by classic retro no? (https://originative.co/products/classic-retro)

Yes, I'm not planning on making this text+icon mods. When I said there was a 50/50 yes no for icon mods I meant an extra kit with all icon mods like Yuri has.

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #214 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 11:45:32 »
Keep the super mods and the 9009 accent keys in the base set and put the colored space bars and led keys in kits.

Would you add Windows 10 icon keys to the LED kit? Or just go with caps lock and super as is and not having any other options?

Offline ullr

« Reply #215 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 11:45:39 »
That’s a relief, I thought you were seriously considering doing text mods. I would buy the Yuri kit, but it isn’t a big deal if it doesn’t run.

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #216 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 11:47:08 »
That’s a relief, I thought you were seriously considering doing text mods. I would buy the Yuri kit, but it isn’t a big deal if it doesn’t run.

Well, I can always add it and hope it hits MOQ. As I have said before, the biggest fear for me with that is that people would request refunds for the base set too if the icon kit doesn't hit MOQ. When working with such a high MOQ that could lead to issues.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #217 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 11:50:02 »
Just make the yuri kit an extension. Not a base kit. Then you have to buy the base regardless. Worst case yuri extension misses moq.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #218 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 11:53:10 »
Just make the yuri kit an extension. Not a base kit. Then you have to buy the base regardless. Worst case yuri extension misses moq.

Nono, it would be a separate kit for sure. What I meant was that people might not want the set anymore if they hear the icon kit has failed.

Say we have 155 base kits sold and 90 icon mod kits. This would mean 90 people would not get all the kits they want since the MOQ is also 150. If of those 90 people 10 people say "sorry but this set just isn't the same for me without the icons, I'm requesting a refund for everything", then the base kit would be sitting under MOQ too. Of course getting 5 extra sets wouldn't be the worst thing in the world but you get what I mean.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #219 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 12:08:48 »

Nono, it would be a separate kit for sure. What I meant was that people might not want the set anymore if they hear the icon kit has failed.

Say we have 155 base kits sold and 90 icon mod kits. This would mean 90 people would not get all the kits they want since the MOQ is also 150. If of those 90 people 10 people say "sorry but this set just isn't the same for me without the icons, I'm requesting a refund for everything", then the base kit would be sitting under MOQ too. Of course getting 5 extra sets wouldn't be the worst thing in the world but you get what I mean.

Ahhh, i see what you mean, i forget some ppl can be like that lol.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #220 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 12:09:33 »

Would you add Windows 10 icon keys to the LED kit? Or just go with caps lock and super as is and not having any other options?

The win 10 keys do not match the theme of the set, then, they would fit better in a separated kit.

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #221 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 12:32:07 »

But with the 4 page discussion in 1 day, and seeing the aftermarket price, I believe this will easily surpassed 300 base kit.

@janglad but adding another 1u ctrl so it will be a pair won't hurt, don't you think?

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #222 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 12:36:20 »

But with the 4 page discussion in 1 day, and seeing the aftermarket price, I believe this will easily surpassed 300 base kit.

@janglad but adding another 1u ctrl so it will be a pair won't hurt, don't you think?

Yeah there sure is hype for the set, but from speaking with vendors it's really easy to get too confident just because a set gets a lot of upvotes and comments, however, the actual amount of people getting the set can be a lot lower.

Edit: and yes, the 1u ctrl can be added for basic Planck support :)

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #223 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 12:40:44 »
Yeah there sure is hype for the set, but from speaking with vendors it's really easy to get too confident just because a set gets a lot of upvotes and comments, however, the actual amount of people getting the set can be a lot lower.

As long as you have a clear release date and a decent order window, you can't fail with this set. It's when you keep changing the release and people get unclear about it.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #224 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 12:42:51 »

As long as you have a clear release date and a decent order window, you can't fail with this set. It's when you keep changing the release and people get unclear about it.

+1 Build the confidence of the people by being a committed and accomplished GB leader.

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #225 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 12:43:12 »

Yes, I agree. I'm going to work on what I believe will be the best kit option going by feedback and then say it's locked unless there are absolute major issues with it (which I doubt since they'd probably be pointed out by now). Then I will submit everything to GMK, meaning that the GB will go live as soon as we receive their quote.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #226 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 13:04:52 »
Anyone know for sure if the new green and pale pink accent colors for sale on originative are the same colors as 9009?

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #227 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 13:07:40 »
Anyone know for sure if the new green and pale pink accent colors for sale on originative are the same colors as 9009?

3A/3C, so, yeah it should be.

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #228 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 13:12:53 »

I just realised, by adding a kit which will have 2 1u Windows keys there would be no need anymore for an extra 1u ctrl right?

This would be ideal since the quote for this kit design is already in and I really want to get 9009 in your hands as soon as possible :D Don't want to rush it either though, so if you think adding a 1u ctrl would still be best please let me know :)

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #229 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 13:13:37 »

9009 is 3B and 3C.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #230 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 13:15:07 »
Ahhh. I did t know it used a different color than muted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #231 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 13:15:50 »

So you can get classic on oco for $180 and then pay $50 for the green and pink kits (but no space bars).  Yeah, I think waiting for a new round of 9009 seems much more sensible. Although, that win95 key is tempting. It's just not $100 worth of tempting. 

;D

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #232 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 13:17:54 »

So you can get classic on oco for $180 and then pay $50 for the green and pink kits (but no space bars).  Yeah, I think waiting for a new round of 9009 seems much more sensible. Although, that win95 key is tempting. It's just not $100 worth of tempting. 

;D

Wait $50 for an accent kit without spacebars? I'm not seeing that one actually :D Could you linnk me?

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #233 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 13:22:11 »

;D

Wait $50 for an accent kit without spacebars? I'm not seeing that one actually :D Could you linnk me?

$25 per color: https://originative.co/products/accent-keys-two

I dunno why they are so weird with the key choices. The other set is much better: https://originative.co/products/accent-keys-one

But that one drops the backspace and still no spaces.

I wish they did all the keys in the 1st kit + spaces + backspace. Then it would be flexible. But the accent-2 kits make no sense to me, an esc and then backspace + enter + arrows would look weird.

Offline Petch

« Reply #234 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 13:26:00 »
Will the keys with an LED window (if you run them) be pad printed or triple shot? I'm not sure what GMK can offer

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #235 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 13:27:10 »

I just realised, by adding a kit which will have 2 1u Windows keys there would be no need anymore for an extra 1u ctrl right?

This would be ideal since the quote for this kit design is already in and I really want to get 9009 in your hands as soon as possible :D Don't want to rush it either though, so if you think adding a 1u ctrl would still be best please let me know :)

I don't know the other layout that use a pair of 1u Ctrl tho, but almost every GMK sets are having them, along with a pair of 1u Alt. And talking about winkey, well I'm on the OS neutral key here but aside from that, if winkey come only in 1u won't it make them awkward? I don't see the point of winkey where we already have Super key as the agnosticOS key.

So yeah, another 1u Ctrl is better IMO.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #236 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 13:27:54 »
Will the keys with an LED window (if you run them) be pad printed or triple shot? I'm not sure what GMK can offer

GMK cannot do triple shot so it'd be pad.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #237 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 13:28:42 »

Don't they usually double shot the top face and then pad print the front on windowed keys like that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #238 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 13:30:01 »

Don't they usually double shot the top face and then pad print the front on windowed keys like that?

The two shots are the window and the actual cap, and then the text is pad.

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #239 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 13:32:12 »

I don't know the other layout that use a pair of 1u Ctrl tho, but almost every GMK sets are having them, along with a pair of 1u Alt. And talking about winkey, well I'm on the OS neutral key here but aside from that, if winkey come only in 1u won't it make them awkward? I don't see the point of winkey where we already have Super key as the agnosticOS key.

Which GMK sets have it? I just checked and Nautilus, Carbon, HyperFuse and Muted all seem to be missing it.

The kit would also include 1.25 Windows keys :)

I'm adding them because people seem to be really divided over if they want a Windows logo or "Super".

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #240 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 13:45:54 »

Which GMK sets have it? I just checked and Nautilus, Carbon, HyperFuse and Muted all seem to be missing it.

I'm adding them because people seem to be really divided over if they want a Windows logo or "Super".

Check out GMK Coniferous. Or the ongoing Led Zep gb. Or Terminal. Those sets have great coverage. I think it's for people who use a non standard HHKB layout. Totally redundant for people like me who only use the 1us for 65%, but I assume people must have some use for em.

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #241 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 13:47:14 »

Check out GMK Coniferous. Or the ongoing Led Zep gb. Or Terminal. Those sets have great coverage. I think it's for people who use a non standard HHKB layout. Totally redundant for people like me who only use the 1us for 65%, but I assume people must have some use for em.

You mean a HHKB layout with ctrl alt space alt ctrl as a bottom row? TBH I doubt many people use that. Anyways, the CTRL will be added :)

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #242 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 13:52:15 »

You mean a HHKB layout with ctrl alt space alt ctrl as a bottom row? TBH I doubt many people use that. Anyways, the CTRL will be added :)

That would be my best guess. Those same people usually want a caps lock FN key instead of a caps lock control.

The 2 1u Alts is the really weird layout though lol. Alt Ctrl Space Ctrl Alt just seems wrong lol.

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #243 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 13:57:29 »

Ah you're right, the set you mention only have 1 of them, looks like I mistake the Code for Ctrl on some of them, my bad.

But Yuri, Skeletor, Stromtrooper, Royal Alpha, SoWaRe, Solarized Dark, Coniferous, Penumbra, and Terminal has them in pair.

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #244 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 14:02:52 »

That would be my best guess. Those same people usually want a caps lock FN key instead of a caps lock control.

The 2 1u Alts is the really weird layout though lol. Alt Ctrl Space Ctrl Alt just seems wrong lol.

Maybe for people using Windows while they are originally Mac user? Because Command is acting like Ctrl so alt ctrl space ctrl alt is make sense in Mac way. I really like the addition of 1.5 Super here because on Mac finally the Command key will be less awkward. Well speaking of it, since only Mac using 1.5u OSkey why not making it Command instead? Assuming Super is a new mould too.

Offline Oatburner

« Reply #245 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 14:08:13 »

I use that. Alt super space super alt seems even more weird to me. Many new sets are coming with a pair of 1u controls for the bottom row.

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #246 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 14:09:33 »

I use that. Alt super space super alt seems even more weird to me. Many new sets are coming with a pair of 1u controls for the bottom row.

Interesting. Well, you'll have your 2 1u CTRLs :)

Offline Owl-

« Reply #247 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 14:36:22 »

Please add a 1U 'Hack' key for R4.

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #248 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 15:05:16 »

Sorry but first of all I doubt GMK has moulds for that and secondly I doubt a lot of people use that :/

Offline Owl-

« Reply #249 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 17:18:04 »

Sorry but first of all I doubt GMK has moulds for that and secondly I doubt a lot of people use that :/

They have moulds for that because few other recent sets will have them, so they're being produced for sure. If not, an extra 1u Fn key would be brilliant - please.

Edit:

Whatever extras are added or adjustments to the set, is GMK still willing to produce the set somewhere in September?
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 September 2017, 17:33:06 by Owl- »