Author Topic: [IC]KBDfans75 v2 PCB new design  (Read 31525 times)

Offline Trousers

Re: [IC]KBDfans75 v2 PCB new design
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 14:10:47 »
I wasn't quite sure of this, but the prototype changed my mind. If the price is in any way reasonable, I think I'll get one.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #51 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 16:32:27 »
The way it sounds be the same price as Gen 1's are maybe a bit cheaper? I am hopping it stays in that 170ish area.. cause its cheap enough to be reasonable but high enough quality to be more expensive.. hope that makes since.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #52 on: Sun, 12 November 2017, 08:51:25 »
The way it sounds be the same price as Gen 1's are maybe a bit cheaper? I am hopping it stays in that 170ish area.. cause its cheap enough to be reasonable but high enough quality to be more expensive.. hope that makes since.

I hope cheaper, this case should be cheaper to produce afterall 

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #53 on: Sun, 12 November 2017, 10:08:47 »
I wasn't quite sure of this, but the prototype changed my mind. If the price is in any way reasonable, I think I'll get one.

Show Image

So what's the deal with the '< >' in that layout? That is just a red flag to me.
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline Atredl

« Reply #54 on: Sun, 12 November 2017, 13:43:09 »

Show Image

So what's the deal with the '< >' in that layout? That is just a red flag to me.
It's one of the optional layouts. If you don't like that layout don't use it and build it with the regular 75% layout.

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #55 on: Sun, 12 November 2017, 14:47:22 »

Show Image

It's one of the optional layouts. If you don't like that layout don't use it and build it with the regular 75% layout.

I must be mistaken. The render is intentionally missing the "< ," key? If so, why? Maybe I'm missing something here... Having both a command and a period is pretty necessary  :p.
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #56 on: Sun, 12 November 2017, 15:27:17 »

Show Image

I must be mistaken. The render is intentionally missing the "< ," key? If so, why? Maybe I'm missing something here... Having both a command and a period is pretty necessary  :p.

The render is showing a optional layout with it adding in a number pad. It can still be built like a normal 75%

Edited for formating

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #57 on: Sun, 12 November 2017, 22:28:04 »

Show Image

The render is showing a optional layout with it adding in a number pad. It can still be built like a normal 75%
Show Image

Edited for formating

That's my bad. I didn't consider how the numpad cuts into punctuation columns. Interesting concept, but I think I'll stick with the standard 75% Thanks for the clarification.

Offline RealLaugh

« Reply #58 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 07:00:59 »
any news when this will go on sale?

will it be group buy or from stock?

Offline japancakes

« Reply #59 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 04:42:45 »
any news when this will go on sale?

will it be group buy or from stock?

This is what I'm curious about as well! Holding off on other keyboards if this is reasonably close.

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #60 on: Tue, 06 February 2018, 09:02:23 »
The layout is interesting, but I'd WAY rather have one like this custom "75% + 1" build: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=75880.0

That would be endgame for me!

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #61 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 17:28:42 »
is this still active?
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline Zuology

• Why does this rabbit-hole have so many side-quests
« Reply #62 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 09:27:56 »
I just want the 5 degree diamond case in 75% size like they teased months ago.
More
75%: Scarlet Bandana (TBD) | Singa75 Polycarb (TBD) | SKB75 (TBD) | YMD75 (Box Navy) | XD84 (Outemu Ice) | Plum84 (BKE Redux Heavy)
TKL: ALF X1.1 SE (TBD) | LZ Iron White (TBD) | Fox Labs Orange (TBD) | Alu WASDv2 (Cherry Green) | MechkeyAlpha MA87 (Kailh Box Burnt Orange) | Archon RE:AL Superior EX (Nopre 65g)
Full+: Clueboard Double 1800 (Vint Clears) | IBM Model M | IBM Model F XT

Offline japancakes

« Reply #63 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 01:56:33 »
Has anybody out there seen an actual build of this new layout with the numpad? I'm really tempted to do a hot swappable build similar to the layout but add back ">" and "?" and get rid of the right shift completely.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #64 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 02:58:02 »
Has anybody out there seen an actual build of this new layout with the numpad? I'm really tempted to do a hot swappable build similar to the layout but add back ">" and "?" and get rid of the right shift completely.

I have not seen one of these built yet! I do know he recently started advertising the plates on his website for it. The only down fall is you have to remove a stand off from the case according to his guide... which to me is a bit daunting of a task.

Offline Zuology

• Why does this rabbit-hole have so many side-quests
« Reply #65 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 07:41:43 »
Has anyone heard if there's been any further news/progress on a 75% 5-degree case or similar? He teased it sometime last year and I'm assuming the new plate layout that requires the cutting of a standoff will be addressed in future 75% case design...
More
75%: Scarlet Bandana (TBD) | Singa75 Polycarb (TBD) | SKB75 (TBD) | YMD75 (Box Navy) | XD84 (Outemu Ice) | Plum84 (BKE Redux Heavy)
TKL: ALF X1.1 SE (TBD) | LZ Iron White (TBD) | Fox Labs Orange (TBD) | Alu WASDv2 (Cherry Green) | MechkeyAlpha MA87 (Kailh Box Burnt Orange) | Archon RE:AL Superior EX (Nopre 65g)
Full+: Clueboard Double 1800 (Vint Clears) | IBM Model M | IBM Model F XT

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #66 on: Mon, 02 July 2018, 16:44:39 »
Bring back this case design!
Visit the Typing Test and try!