Author Topic: [GB] Melody96 Type-C + QMK  (Read 221992 times)

Offline PotatoTM

Re: [GB] Melody96 Type-C + QMK
« Reply #250 on: Sun, 22 April 2018, 14:56:37 »
just my 0.02$, don't use 3mm led if you plan to use cherry profile cap
:/ I planned on using cherry profile keycaps with 3mm LEDs... would it be better for me to just not use LEDs at all? I知 kind of indefferent about the lights, was just a nice addition/bonus.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #251 on: Sun, 22 April 2018, 15:02:39 »
Zilents and sip sockets are on their way. Does anyone have any tips for [a noon] to install them?

How: Put the sip socket in the switch, close the switch, put the led in to make the sockets straight, solder switch+sip sockets. 

Tip: Do NOT install sip sockets :)

Oh I mean the other type of sockets for the switches, not LEDs.

Oh alright. 

Hopefully PCB holes will be a good fit for the holtites without having to solder them. 

On a side note, the keyborad is TOP-MOUNT (plate screwed on the top part of the case), so with holtites means that when you remove/swap the switches, you will still have to unscrew the whole thing, aka when you remove the switches, the pcb will fall down. 
« Last Edit: Sun, 22 April 2018, 15:05:31 by KaosJ »

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #252 on: Sun, 22 April 2018, 15:07:49 »
:/ I planned on using cherry profile keycaps with 3mm LEDs... would it be better for me to just not use LEDs at all? I知 kind of indefferent about the lights, was just a nice addition/bonus.

No leds or 1.8mm leds. 

Not sure what color you want, but you can find enough colors with 1.8mm and that one is ok with any keycap

Offline PotatoTM

« Reply #253 on: Sun, 22 April 2018, 18:32:43 »

No leds or 1.8mm leds. 

Not sure what color you want, but you can find enough colors with 1.8mm and that one is ok with any keycap

Alright, was going to go Ice Blue. Can't seem to find a light blue / cyan colour in 1.8mm LEDs.

Offline JaxXz

« Reply #254 on: Sun, 22 April 2018, 23:49:27 »

No leds or 1.8mm leds. 

Alright, was going to go Ice Blue. Can't seem to find a light blue / cyan colour in 1.8mm LEDs.

mehkey has some cyan-ish 1.8mm leds https://mehkee.com/products/leds-2x3x4mm-and-1-8mm-1?variant=45263792335

Offline PotatoTM

« Reply #255 on: Mon, 23 April 2018, 00:47:35 »

No leds or 1.8mm leds. 

mehkey has some cyan-ish 1.8mm leds https://mehkee.com/products/leds-2x3x4mm-and-1-8mm-1?variant=45263792335

That's actually perfect, but they're out of stock sadly. I got these but they're darker than wanted, might just go LED-less then maybe solder some on later.

Offline CallumMcG

« Reply #256 on: Mon, 23 April 2018, 05:24:12 »
Will we get shipping notification via email when they ship?

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #257 on: Mon, 23 April 2018, 05:27:29 »
Will we get shipping notification via email when they ship?

Yep

Offline waymo

« Reply #258 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 09:39:40 »
I realized that my address on my paypal account was incorrect whenI placed this order. I've since corrected it. My order number is M233. How can I go about fixing this before it ships? I posted on the reddit thread and sent a PM to cathy889, but I haven't received a response. Please let me know how to correct so I can receive this at my correct address.

Offline MacGruber117

« Reply #259 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 09:59:14 »
Any update? Last word was shipping starts the 15th, but now there's a problem with the CNC legend on the back? What's the status?
I want to buy your ETF and Garbo Pusses. PM me

Offline azachhh

« Reply #260 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 11:20:17 »
Any update? Last word was shipping starts the 15th, but now there's a problem with the CNC legend on the back? What's the status?

An update would be nice! I haven稚 gotten any emails since placing my two orders.
Invoices M102 & M126

Offline PhantomTaco

« Reply #261 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 12:41:29 »

An update would be nice! I haven稚 gotten any emails since placing my two orders.
Invoices M102 & M126

First batch has started shipping out if you look through the last page or so of posts in this thread.

Offline Mustangdvx

« Reply #262 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 12:52:51 »
First batch has started shipping out if you look through the last page or so of posts in this thread.

No, I don't think that's the case. No one posted that they actually received their shipping notification.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #263 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 13:00:18 »

No, I don't think that's the case. No one posted that they actually received their shipping notification.

People received shipping notification because the label was created. 

The actual shipping is starting but is not shipped yet (this was the last update of yesterday) 

Offline CallumMcG

« Reply #264 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 14:14:31 »

I'm order 014 and I haven't had a shipping notification yet, the only email I have had regarding shipping was Apr 16 which just said:

Now it comes to final test stage before shipment.Frist 100 orders will be shipped very soon,then 100-200,then 200-300.So pls confirm your address and phone No for express shipping needs.

I sent him an email earlier on so hopefully he'll get back to me  :)

Offline SakeJams

• HAPPINESS ONLY REAL WHEN SHARED
« Reply #265 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 14:16:17 »
I didn't get any sort of email like that

Offline watchy0ubac

« Reply #266 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 14:40:55 »
How high is the front of this board from the bottom to the top of the case specifically, do you happen to know that height?

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #267 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 14:44:07 »

I'm order 014 and I haven't had a shipping notification yet, the only email I have had regarding shipping was Apr 16 which just said:

Now it comes to final test stage before shipment.Frist 100 orders will be shipped very soon,then 100-200,then 200-300.So pls confirm your address and phone No for express shipping needs.

Yeah that's it. Maybe i was unclear (my bad), i mean that mail to confirm the address, not the actual shipping notification that you get once the package is shipped or 1-2 days before the courier pick it up. 

On a side note, the labels afaik are created/requested by him while people confirm the address, so soon you might get the real shipping notifical from dhl/other. 
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 April 2018, 14:45:51 by KaosJ »

Offline waymo

« Reply #268 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 15:07:15 »
Can someone please help? I've posted on the reddit thread, emailed and posted here. My address is wrong and I need to correct before it ships. Please let me know what I'm supposed to do.

Offline PotatoTM

« Reply #269 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 15:27:08 »
Can someone please help? I've posted on the reddit thread, emailed and posted here. My address is wrong and I need to correct before it ships. Please let me know what I'm supposed to do.

Email Vincent again if you haven稚 gotten a reply yet (and it痴 been more then 48 hours) here are his emails:
Vincent.zhao@ymdkey.com
Vincent.zhao.889@gmail.com

Double check that you are sending to the right address

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #270 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 15:40:56 »
This looks better than the Kira, anyone feels the same?

Offline SakeJams

« Reply #271 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 15:42:36 »
Absolutely agree

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #272 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 15:44:23 »

Mate when you need to communicate important things, don't use gh or the old reddit post, neither reddit pm's 

Just use his contacts:
mod edit: personal information removed.  Please use PMs to communicate this sort of thing.
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 April 2018, 15:56:50 by Photoelectric »

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #273 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 20:02:13 »
mod edit: personal information removed.  Please use PMs to communicate this sort of thing.

For mods: these are just the mails/skype to contact Vincent and should be used in case someone has something to say about his order, he also shared these contacts here in the first page.    Not sure why it got deleted, Vincent is ok to share these information, in fact he wants customers to contact him on mails and eventually skype if he they don't get any reply via mail (first channel of communication for the orders are mails) 

« Last Edit: Tue, 24 April 2018, 20:05:21 by KaosJ »

Offline xantiema

« Reply #274 on: Wed, 25 April 2018, 04:41:13 »

For mods: these are just the mails/skype to contact Vincent and should be used in case someone has something to say about his order, he also shared these contacts here in the first page.    Not sure why it got deleted, Vincent is ok to share these information, in fact he wants customers to contact him on mails and eventually skype if he they don't get any reply via mail (first channel of communication for the orders are mails)

Edited: Found details on his website

Offline happycamper87

« Reply #275 on: Wed, 25 April 2018, 05:37:55 »

Most definitely. Only thing missing from this are hot-swap sockets and some RGB underglow for the alu bottom. But for the price it definitely cant be beat.  Really hoping to see the finished product this week though.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #276 on: Wed, 25 April 2018, 05:45:49 »

Most definitely. Only thing missing from this are hot-swap sockets and some RGB underglow for the alu bottom. But for the price it definitely cant be beat.  Really hoping to see the finished product this week though.

Sockets are good for me since i use the standard layout, but the actual sockets are a big limit, not allowing multiple layouts. 

For the RGB on the alu base, i agree even tho i don't appreciate rgb that much 

Offline xantiema

« Reply #277 on: Wed, 25 April 2018, 05:48:36 »

Sockets are good for me since i use the standard layout, but the actual sockets are a big limit, not allowing multiple layouts. 

I agree. Never been much of an RGB LED fan myself, but I can't say no to cheap RGB 'just-in-case'.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #278 on: Wed, 25 April 2018, 11:23:59 »

Yeah, Kira is definitely having more technology in there. But this has better look.

Offline Twist3d

« Reply #279 on: Wed, 25 April 2018, 19:48:21 »

They say orders 1-100 will ship soon, I am M100, but haven't gotten any notifications or confirmations either.

Offline K.Mak

« Reply #280 on: Wed, 25 April 2018, 22:15:34 »

Having owned a K-Type, anodized aluminum and switch removal is no fun. No matter how careful you are, you're bound to nick the case. A steel or brass plate might fare better though.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #281 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 02:58:49 »

They say orders 1-100 will ship soon, I am M100, but haven't gotten any notifications or confirmations either.

If you are in the first 100 orders, doesn't mean necessary that you are in the batch.  Order processed in order but is not always possible.

Offline watchy0ubac

« Reply #282 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 03:06:45 »
Hey KaosJ, do you happen to know the height of the case at the front? I tried to email Vincent, but I don't want to be too big of a pain in the ass since I'm sure he's busy finishing some people's orders. Only trying to find out to get a wrist rest for the board.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #283 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 03:17:57 »

Yeah, Kira is definitely having more technology in there. But this has better look.

been hearing rumbles about the Whitefox 1.0 (Massdrop Sold) and 2.0 (Input Club Sold) having extremely bad ESD Issues.. also lot of people me included think input clubs lack of service is a bit much. Then there the lack of updates also.. and the fact they always bring up there not a company yet! honestly.. at the rate there going they will most likely gross over million dollar's in transactions this year. Which I mean at what point does it go from garage band to rock star!.. When they start grossing 30-40million in sales?

I kinda kicking my self cause I had my choice between this Melody95 and the Espectro... and I went Espectro and now JMD is kinda MIA from the scene stepping away for personal reasons right after. last update was trying to submit payment which has kinda left a really bad taste in my mouth with all things. I mean.. sucks real life and all but at the same time... you can't just walk away from a company be like sorry! I got other things to worry about. Special when you taken large sums of money from the community!

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #284 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 03:23:25 »
Hey KaosJ, do you happen to know the height of the case at the front? I tried to email Vincent, but I don't want to be too big of a pain in the ass since I'm sure he's busy finishing some people's orders. Only trying to find out to get a wrist rest for the board.

I'm not sure if it was changed for the height too (i don't think so) and the older one was like that: 

Note: you have to consider rubber feets too, so add at least 2/3mm

• Before the curve/bevel : 16.5mm (with feets probably ~19mm)
  • After  the curve/bevel : 20.4mm (with feets probably ~23mm)

« Last Edit: Thu, 26 April 2018, 03:26:07 by KaosJ »

Offline m4us

• regretting ISO User
« Reply #285 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 03:33:56 »

If you are in the first 100 orders, doesn't mean necessary that you are in the batch.  Order processed in order but is not always possible.
Yeah imagine that purple wont be in the first 100 orders

Offline watchy0ubac

« Reply #286 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 03:35:45 »

I'm not sure if it was changed for the height too (i don't think so) and the older one was like that: 

Show Image

Thank you a ton! Is it too quick to say I love you?

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #287 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 03:35:57 »

There are only 5 purple in the first batch of 100, mine isn't in the first batch either (yeah i got purple)   

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #288 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 03:36:35 »

Show Image

Thank you a ton! Is it too quick to say I love you?

💜

Offline m4us

• regretting ISO User
« Reply #289 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 04:12:36 »

There are only 5 purple in the first batch of 100, mine isn't in the first batch either (yeah i got purple)
Yeah I got purple with order 70 and I guess I'm not on the first 100 either

Offline WHeisenberg

« Reply #290 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 09:14:24 »
Does anyone have a (very) rough idea as to when orders #200-300 could ship? Is it something like 1-ish week, or 1-ish month?

Just got my Zilents in the mail and cannot wait to put 'em on my Melody.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #291 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 09:35:03 »
Does anyone have a (very) rough idea as to when orders #200-300 could ship? Is it something like 1-ish week, or 1-ish month?

If everything goes well, it should be a continuous flow (e.g. a batch ends to ship, the next one starts soon).  Expect 1/2 week for the second batch at the worse 

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #292 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 10:15:11 »
Any word on the Candykeys proxy orders? Does it ship out at the end or in the same continous flow?

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #293 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 10:16:18 »
Any word on the Candykeys proxy orders? Does it ship out at the end or in the same continous flow?

No idea, i'll ask 

Offline WHeisenberg

« Reply #294 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 10:35:43 »

If everything goes well, it should be a continuous flow (e.g. a batch ends to ship, the next one starts soon).  Expect 1/2 week for the second batch at the worse

Thanks! Sounds great!

Offline mankikami

« Reply #295 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 10:53:21 »
Hi guys, is there any pic of the final product?

Offline jihadu

« Reply #296 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 11:02:44 »
Also, when should we expect EU proxy orders to start shipping?
Some one already asked lol :)
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 April 2018, 12:58:27 by jihadu »

Offline rippor

« Reply #297 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 12:54:31 »
My invoice is order M005, yall have any ideas when itll ship?

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #298 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 15:09:57 »
My invoice is order M005, yall have any ideas when itll ship?

If the color/kit allowed, it should be this batch since you are #5 (so you should have got the mail with address confirmation). 
If you didn't got the mail, it will be probably the next batch   

Offline SakeJams

« Reply #299 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 15:15:44 »
When are they looking to have all orders shipped out by? I understand if this is an unrealistic question lol