Author Topic: [GB] Duck TC-V3 Kustom Keyboard  (Read 144006 times)

Offline lanyusea

Re: [GB] Duck TC-V3 Kustom Keyboard
« Reply #150 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 11:16:48 »
Does anyone know Duck's next project after this?

Orion v3

Any source for that? I heard he's done making 'normal' layouts and sticks to doing weird stuff like Jetfire, TC-V3 and such for now.

He posted this a month ago on his instagram:

Show Image

the "left" key took the position of my Fn...

but also a good idea to make a HHKB with plenty macro keys
HHKB Type-s / 4x KMAC Happy / 3x Duck Viper v1 / 2x Duck Viper v2 / 4x Duck Viper Duck TCV3 / Red Scarf 77 / 2x Infinity 60 / 2x ALF HHKB / LZ-CE / FJELL / Canoe / Canoe PC / Canoe FE / ARES Prototype / 2x Ares / LC-CLSh / TX60 / YODA2 / E6-V2 / E6-V2 FE / CAMP LC60 / 2x EM 7 / 4x Leaf 60 / UHK / Project F / Polaris / 4x Duck Viper v3 / TX60 v2 / Thermal / Matrix Falcon / TX60 v3 / 2x TMO50 / 2x Dolice / Dolphin 65 / Dolphin 60 / Plenty of keycaps

Offline yookwh

« Reply #151 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 14:04:19 »
Thought Orion was retired?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #152 on: Sun, 10 June 2018, 11:23:22 »
Does anyone know Duck's next project after this?

Orion v3

???

What about raven and all the stuff he's been posting on instagram?
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline elton5354

« Reply #153 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 22:26:04 »
You can check out truecustom's new website. He will post updates there. Truscustom is the one who manufactures these keyboards.

http://uniquearmory.com/

Offline yookwh

« Reply #154 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 22:37:45 »
Ooh super interesting... That Raven though  :eek:

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #155 on: Wed, 13 June 2018, 08:34:29 »
I'm curious to know what people are planning to use for caps that will work with this layout, particularly the two columns on the left side.

Offline dc_in_sf

• Old Bastard
« Reply #156 on: Wed, 13 June 2018, 10:07:58 »
I'm curious to know what people are planning to use for caps that will work with this layout, particularly the two columns on the left side.

The easy option is a uniform profile set - I have SA Nuclear Data which is all R3 as my default option, it has a handy set of macro keys to fill in the left columns. It's a bit boring though so keeping an eye out for sculpted sets that may have sufficient novelties.

GMK Space Cadet may be an option depending on what the final kits look like (You can currently cobble something together out of the Symbols set that matches the row profiles of the left columns, but end up with duplicates).

Another solution would be to pickup a second set of F keys or mono legend numerals for kits that support them and just live with the left columns not matching the row profile of the rest of the keys.

Offline realxmlforce

« Reply #157 on: Wed, 13 June 2018, 11:59:57 »
I plan putting SA Oblivion on the TC-V3 with keys from the "Assembly" Kit for the macro block on the left.
SA Oblivion should start shipping soon :)

Offline dc_in_sf

• Old Bastard
« Reply #158 on: Wed, 13 June 2018, 12:50:41 »
I plan putting SA Oblivion on the TC-V3 with keys from the "Assembly" Kit for the macro block on the left.
SA Oblivion should start shipping soon :)

I'm wishing I'd ordered the assembly kit for exactly this reason...

Offline damagepoint

« Reply #159 on: Wed, 13 June 2018, 19:43:09 »
Dev/tty is by far my favorite set and I have the keys to make the profile work, just not sure how good it's going to look with a mixture of blanks, novelties, and the extra tkl/75% keys

Offline Shados

« Reply #160 on: Thu, 14 June 2018, 01:13:10 »

FWIW DSA Miami Dolch had a 'macro' kit with keys labelled M1, M2, ..., M12.

Offline GeneriksGiraffe

• Living the Rubber Life
« Reply #161 on: Sun, 01 July 2018, 18:52:53 »
You can check out truecustom's new website. He will post updates there. Truscustom is the one who manufactures these keyboards.

Do you have any information about the Raven/Sidewinder teased on Unique Armory? I really would love this. I wonder when this IC/GB is coming...
SOMEONE PLEASE SELL/TRADE ME AN HHKB PRO 1

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #162 on: Sun, 01 July 2018, 19:03:27 »

Do you have any information about the Raven/Sidewinder teased on Unique Armory? I really would love this. I wonder when this IC/GB is coming...

later
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Chimera

« Reply #163 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 14:42:46 »

later

I hope it gets skipped and the Orion V3 runs first. The one duck posted on insta is beautiful.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #164 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 19:09:47 »

later

I hope it gets skipped and the Orion V3 runs first. The one duck posted on insta is beautiful.

i have no idea of duck's timeline anymore

he's said in a few places he'd never do orion v3

but here we are

Offline mindxthinker

« Reply #165 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 19:38:29 »
Dear All,

duck0113 confirmed that Raven/Sidewinder will be run separately from his main GB.
Therefore, after TC-V3 GB next will be Orion V3. :)

Cheers!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #166 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 19:42:16 »
Dear All,

duck0113 confirmed that Raven/Sidewinder will be run separately from his main GB.

Cheers!

nice

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #167 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 08:05:26 »
Dear All,

Cheers!

nice

That Orion V3 instagram tease looks ****ing amazing! Might end up being my first custom TKL.
Keyboard Collection:

More

TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | TGR Dolice | TGR 910 | TGR x Singa UNIKORN 60 | Matrix 8XV 2.0 Korea Version | Matrix 8XV 2.0add | LZ CLS s h x | Duck Jetfire | TX-CP | QXP | Noxary X65 | RAMA M60-A | Model F62 "Kishsaver"

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #168 on: Sat, 07 July 2018, 13:07:35 »
Dear All,

Cheers!

nice

That Orion V3 instagram tease looks ****ing amazing! Might end up being my first custom TKL.

if duck has me wanting one of his boards you know it's good

i want a black one

Offline Chimera

« Reply #169 on: Sat, 07 July 2018, 16:21:59 »
Man, based on interest on insta and this thread, there doesnt even need to be an IC posted. Its going to sell out fast

Offline M

« Reply #170 on: Sun, 15 July 2018, 04:34:27 »
any updates?

Offline mdlt97

• This **** is still better than Keebtalk
« Reply #171 on: Thu, 19 July 2018, 23:49:36 »
Dear All,

Cheers!

nice

if duck has me wanting one of his boards you know it's good

i want a black one

Bruh you comment on every thread that you want it,  also who are you to say boards are good or not you have a Mira, not saying its a bad board but it aint anything special and if you only got "good" boards i dont think Mira would be the board
TX60 | Duck TC-V3 | Duck Eagle V2 1/1 Bottom | Zephyr r2 | Duck Sidewinder | Mech27v2 | TX75 | LZ CLS | Duck Viper v2 | Orion v3 | HHKB pro 1 | TGR 910 | Omega60

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #172 on: Fri, 20 July 2018, 08:30:51 »
Bruh you comment on every thread that you want it,  also who are you to say boards are good or not you have a Mira, not saying its a bad board but it aint anything special and if you only got "good" boards i dont think Mira would be the board

Just curious, how is a MIRA SE not a good board?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #173 on: Sun, 22 July 2018, 19:34:10 »

seconded

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #174 on: Sun, 22 July 2018, 19:56:36 »
would love to grab a spot if something comes up, have no idea how that works but im on a Duck kick.

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #175 on: Mon, 30 July 2018, 10:55:08 »
I just noticed that there was no stated delivery time frame for this.  Was it stated elsewhere?

Offline Sshimosawa

« Reply #176 on: Mon, 30 July 2018, 13:55:22 »

seconded

Mira is pretty great....

Offline HouseofSuffering

« Reply #177 on: Mon, 30 July 2018, 15:08:52 »
I just noticed that there was no stated delivery time frame for this.  Was it stated elsewhere?

I was kind of wondering the same thing....

Mainly, so I can start planning my build accordingly.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #178 on: Mon, 30 July 2018, 22:28:47 »

for duck GBs it's generally about 3 months from start to ship, so we should start seeing these soon

Offline damagepoint

« Reply #179 on: Tue, 31 July 2018, 15:38:44 »
Oh wow I was expecting somewhere around November instead, I gueas I should start getting stuff for the build

Offline att1cus

• * Maker
« Reply #180 on: Wed, 01 August 2018, 10:48:16 »
Great looking board! kinda regretting not getting in when i had the chance  :-\
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 August 2018, 10:50:08 by att1cus »

Offline jrfhoutx

• Post count is meaningless if the content is trash.
« Reply #181 on: Wed, 01 August 2018, 11:42:46 »

for duck GBs it's generally about 3 months from start to ship, so we should start seeing these soon

Oh wow I was expecting somewhere around November instead, I gueas I should start getting stuff for the build

Yeah, from the 3 previous buys, looks like it's a 5-7 month turnaround. so, september at the earliest with october/november being more likely...

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #182 on: Wed, 01 August 2018, 12:54:40 »

Yeah, from the 3 previous buys, looks like it's a 5-7 month turnaround. so, september at the earliest with october/november being more likely...

depends on when the second round ships

and really we won't know until they start shipping anyway

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #183 on: Wed, 01 August 2018, 13:28:51 »
considering uniquearmory is right in the middle of raven/sidewinder production for primekb, id imagine TC-V3 might take a little longer then most duck buys....

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #184 on: Wed, 01 August 2018, 13:32:27 »
considering uniquearmory is right in the middle of raven/sidewinder production for primekb, id imagine TC-V3 might take a little longer then most duck buys....

they are different projects entirely, so im not so sure

but im no prophet

it'll show up when it does

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #185 on: Wed, 01 August 2018, 13:42:55 »

they are different projects entirely, so im not so sure

but im no prophet

it'll show up when it does

nice

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #186 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 15:48:30 »
Looking to pick one up, if anyone wants to change spots.

Offline PleaseBeMyFriend

• formerly honsoo
  • reddit /u/PleaseBeMyFriend
« Reply #187 on: Thu, 16 August 2018, 02:14:46 »
If anyone wants to give up a spot, please let me know!

Offline elton5354

« Reply #188 on: Thu, 30 August 2018, 12:40:55 »
Hi everyone, sorry for the lack of updates as I was occupied with work and moving into my new place. With that being said, all PMs will be replied by the end of the week.

In terms of updates for TC-V3, the units for the Korea GB will be shipped next week and the NA units will be shipped after. I will provide you all with a solid update when I hear back. Thanks for your patience!

Offline lecorsair

« Reply #189 on: Thu, 30 August 2018, 14:48:15 »
Not sure why I got on this boat but I'm now looking forward to the destination! Thanks for the update Elton =)

Offline HouseofSuffering

« Reply #190 on: Thu, 30 August 2018, 15:07:17 »
Hi everyone, sorry for the lack of updates as I was occupied with work and moving into my new place. With that being said, all PMs will be replied by the end of the week.

In terms of updates for TC-V3, the units for the Korea GB will be shipped next week and the NA units will be shipped after. I will provide you all with a solid update when I hear back. Thanks for your patience!

So we are only like a few weeks away!!! That is great news!!

I better start to get my switches ready for my build!

Offline M

« Reply #191 on: Thu, 30 August 2018, 16:25:35 »

wow I was expecting at least another month, cool!

Offline popkorn62

• No keyboards for old men
    • Mekibo
« Reply #192 on: Thu, 30 August 2018, 19:23:56 »
Cannot wait to add another Duck to my collection
==============
https://mekibo.com/

Offline Pemdas

• (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ᶠᶫᵒᵃᵗᶦᶰᵍ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵘᵗᵗᵉʳᶠᶫʸ
« Reply #193 on: Fri, 31 August 2018, 00:55:54 »

Thanks for the update! Will the units be shipped out in batches or are all of them going to be shipped out at the same time?
HHKB2 | Orion v2 | TGR-03 Proto | Octagon v2 | JD45 | BlackBird | Mira SE | Viper v2 | SX60 | E8-v1 | Alice | LZ GH v2 | No 1/65 | 910SE | Kyuu | LZ CLS ms | UNIKORN | PhysiX

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #194 on: Fri, 31 August 2018, 08:39:42 »

Thanks for the update! Will the units be shipped out in batches or are all of them going to be shipped out at the same time?

I believe the batch shipping is to save duck from having to do 100 boards at once, so i'd imagine it'll be batches

but also, i have no idea

Offline lecorsair

« Reply #195 on: Fri, 31 August 2018, 10:46:40 »

I believe the batch shipping is to save duck from having to do 100 boards at once, so i'd imagine it'll be batches

but also, i have no idea

68 units ordered, with 64 participants.

Offline mdlt97

• This **** is still better than Keebtalk
« Reply #196 on: Fri, 31 August 2018, 17:30:17 »
Anyone still looking to pick up a spot?
TX60 | Duck TC-V3 | Duck Eagle V2 1/1 Bottom | Zephyr r2 | Duck Sidewinder | Mech27v2 | TX75 | LZ CLS | Duck Viper v2 | Orion v3 | HHKB pro 1 | TGR 910 | Omega60

Offline LuiKang

« Reply #197 on: Sat, 01 September 2018, 18:39:38 »
Anyone still looking to pick up a spot?
I am. However, there are others before me. If they've changed their minds then I'd be glad to pick it up.
« Last Edit: Sat, 01 September 2018, 18:45:46 by LuiKang »

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #198 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 04:48:31 »
Purchased spot from mdlt97

Offline LuiKang

« Reply #199 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 05:16:12 »
Purchased spot from mdlt97

You are a lucky man. Congratulations!